• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Perverted Gospel!

Matt 28:19
I had a hard time wading through all of the baptism details.

Once again....If baptism was a step in salvation the bible would have mentioned it in great detail.

If I am saved by faith alone why bother with baptism?

Baptism would be useless & meaningless
Do you have enough faith to believe God uses H20 to represent the unseen work of the Holy father called the water of the word coming down like rain giving salvation life to the dead

I would offer

Deuteronomy 32King James Version32 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Where in the living word of God the bible is H20 not used as metaphor in a parable ?

water 636 times

The first use of the water

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Exodus 2:10 And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.

The emphasis is always the unseen eternal spiritual understanding

Not that seen, literal dying the temporal

Blood and or with water indicate the powerful work of the holy Spirit. inspiration coming down like rain. Not earthly of the evil one

Exodus 7:20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.

Beautiful parable in 2 Samael . David in prison doubting. The Holy Spirit sent him a famine for hearing the gospel . sent three apostles to indicate the end of a matter By the in gate by which we enter Bethlehem the city of bread used to representing flesh to represent the will of the father. By the well of living water to represent the Holy Spirit spoken of with the woman by the well

.David refused to drink it but rather poured it out. he knew the son of man Jesus would have the privileges' of demonstrating the power the Holy Spirit .

The Holy Spirit pouring out his own Spirit life in jeapordy of his own Power, on dying flesh of mankind

2 Samuel 23:14 And David was then in an hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate! And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord. And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

It aids in defining the mystery of parable drink blood in John 6. Again those who error taking the literal and in try but they could turn it into spiritual

Drinking literal blood is a abomination the literal blood must be poured out into the ground to show spirit life was given it returns to the dust or field of clay .

John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him

The Christian sacrament* of baptismal regeneration is required for the new covenant and salvation!
Well, do you get dunked? dipped? dripped on...where in the bible does it show the proper method?
For someone who is claiming to be well versed on baptism....you don't really seem to have any answers.

If baptism was a step in salvation the bible would have mentioned it in great detail......why can't you present the details?

The New Testament scriptures are the churches witness to Christ not every detail of Christian faith and practice
And not Christ ; witness to the church. . . . . as it is written ?

Well, do you get dunked? dipped? dripped on...where in the bible does it show the proper method?
For someone who is claiming to be well versed on baptism....you don't really seem to have any answers.

If baptism was a step in salvation the bible would have mentioned it in great detail......why can't you present the details?
Christ founded the church to teach and baptize all men! Matt 28:19

The apostles administer baptism
2 pet 1:11

Didache (teaching of the apostles)
70AD

Baptism

This is how you should baptize:

Having recited all these things, [the first half of the Teaching, "The Way of Life and the Way of Death"] baptize in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, in running water. If you do not have running water, then baptize in still water. The water should be cold, but if you do not have cold water, then use warm. If you have neither, then just pour water on the head three times in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Both the one who is baptized and the one who baptizes should fast beforehand, along with any others who are able, the one that is baptized being told to fast for a day or two.

Christ founded the church to teach and baptize all men! Matt 28:19

The apostles administer baptism
2 pet 1:11

Didache (teaching of the apostles)
70AD

Baptism

This is how you should baptize:

Having recited all these things, [the first half of the Teaching, "The Way of Life and the Way of Death"] baptize in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, in running water. If you do not have running water, then baptize in still water. The water should be cold, but if you do not have cold water, then use warm. If you have neither, then just pour water on the head three times in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Both the one who is baptized and the one who baptizes should fast beforehand, along with any others who are able, the one that is baptized being told to fast for a day or two.
I rest my case. You need to go outside of the bible to present yours.

There is no chapter in the bible that tells us how to perform this salvation generating act. Thank you for participating.

There is no chapter in the bible that tells us how to perform this salvation generating act. Thank you for participating.
We must hear and obey Christ!
Not “scripture alone”!

We must also pray is there a chapter on praying

Proper intention of valid baptism:

The initiation into the new covenant of grace unto the salvation of souls, “one baptism for the forgiveness of sins”. Nicene creed

Brought to life. Jn 14:6 eph 2:1 quickened.

Believers baptism is not valid and not found in scripture.
Adult only baptism is not found in scripture.

Proper form of valid baptism:

Valid Christian baptism requires flowing water over the forehead three times.

With the words:

I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit! Matt 28:19

Immersion, pouring, or sprinkling 3 time with pure water are the valid matter of baptism.

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Isa 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; (baptism)

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (Baptism)

We must also pray is there a chapter on praying
Yes.....Jesus taught us to pray saying.....Our Father who art in Heaven...do you know the rest? If you do know the rest then you obviousley read and learned this chapter on praying.

Now, where is the chapter on baptism?

Yes.....Jesus taught us to pray saying.....Our Father who art in Heaven...do you know the rest? If you do know the rest then you obviousley read and learned this chapter on praying.

Now, where is the chapter on baptism?
That’s a few verses and not a whole chapter and it’s not the only way to pray, it’s not how he prayed in the garden

That’s a few verses and not a whole chapter and it’s not the only way to pray, it’s not how he prayed in the garden
Are you saying the Lords Prayer doesn't count as a way in which Jesus taught us how to pray?

The bible says the ethiopian eunuch came up out of the water....to be honest this doesn't sound like he had cold water sprinkled on his head.
I included three types
Immersion
Sprinkling
And pouring

I included three types
Immersion
Sprinkling
And pouring
Wonderful.

I'm still waiting for you to present a chapter that explains why baptism is a requirement and how to perform it. As I said, if baptism is a requirement...where is the instruction?

Secondly, I presented several verses that showed people saved...as witnessed by receiving the Holy Spirit...who were not baptized with water.

There's more but I'm losing interest.

Wonderful.

I'm still waiting for you to present a chapter that explains why baptism is a requirement and how to perform it. As I said, if baptism is a requirement...where is the instruction?

Secondly, I presented several verses that showed people saved...as witnessed by receiving the Holy Spirit...who were not baptized with water.

be prepared for an info dump!

2 cor 5:17 new creation in christ

The biblical mandate of God’s work of creation!

Water and the spirit!

First creation:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(water and the spirit)

Noah:

Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove (representing the spirit) from him…

(Water and the spirit)

Red Sea:

Led thru the waters by the spirit.
Exodus 13:21
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

(Water and the spirit)

Josuha

Joshua and the people of Israel crossing of the Jordan led by the spirit.

Joshua 1:1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, 2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

(Water and the spirit)

Prophecy of the new creation: (new covenant)

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you…
acts 2:38-39 “this promise” is fulfilled in the Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration!

(Water and the Spirit)

Baptism of Jesus

Jn 1:31 I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

(Water and the spirit)

New creation by water and the spirit

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(Water and the spirit)

Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration is by: WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

No one is born again by:

“the spirit alone”!
Or
“Faith alone”!

Water AND the spirit is the biblical mandate!

Wonderful.

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Psalm 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

1 pet 3:20-21

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Wonderful.

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13 and cannot be repeated

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation. (repent and believe the gospel) with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!
Matt 28:19

Back