• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Faith is the Gift of God

God wants us to co-work with him therefore there is interaction on our part. It is God who initiates and we respond.
That initiation is written in the Gospel.

You are making simple gospel complicated.

That initiation is written in the Gospel.

You are making simple gospel complicated.
God initiates is how one walks in the Spirit and "faith" is a spiritual component.

Now, meditate on this scripture because this is how God operates and there is an effect that comes out of God's operations.

Zec 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

God initiates is how one walks in the Spirit and "faith" is a spiritual component.

Now, meditate on this scripture because this is how God operates and there is an effect that comes out of God's operations.

Zec 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
You are still complicating the simple gospel.

You need to have childlike faith in God.

You don't seem to have faith in God.

It is what the Spirit reveals to us and how he works through us. It is not of ourselves but of God. It is God's faith at work in us and we respond to that as the Spirit works through us. It is of God not of ourselves.

It is what the Spirit reveals to us and how he works through us. It is not of ourselves but of God. It is God's faith at work in us and we respond to that as the Spirit works through us. It is of God not of ourselves.
It is revealed in the gospel book which Jesus instructed us to abide by.

Let us see the Spirit at work in each other and do not doubt God's grace that is with us to help us to grow in faith and love in God.

Let us see the Spirit at work in each other and do not doubt God's grace that is with us to help us to grow in faith and love in God.
God's grace is God's love.

If we have the willingness to be obedient to God, we have nothing to worry.

God is seeking our pure heart.

Yes, "faith" is a spiritual component and one must be quickened out of death and is made spiritually alive.
Indeed.
God's calling is a spiritual calling and it requires God's faith in us to hear the Word of God.
God's faith? You're not suggesting God believes for us, are you?

God's grace is God's love.

If we have the willingness to be obedient to God, we have nothing to worry.

God is seeking our pure heart.
God is purifying our hearts and making us whole. God is increasing our faith as his Spirit works through us to transform us. It is God that makes is obedient not ourselves. We trust In God to make is faithful not ourselves. Understand?

Indeed.

God's faith? You're not suggesting God believes for us, are you?
We believe because God's faith is at work in us. That is the gift we have which is the Spirit that indwells us and spiritually empowers us so we can trust and obey God.

We believe with our own faith. God does not believe for us.
We believe for God because God makes that possible for us. "Without faith it is impossible to believe God." God is the author of our faith or we have no faith at all!

We believe for God because God makes that possible for us. "Without faith it is impossible to believe God." God is the author of our faith or we have no faith at all!
Now you're saying something different? So you agree then, it is our faith, not God's?

Now you're saying something different? So you agree then, it is our faith, not God's?
It is a gift from God that God gives to us and it is God that controls it and not ourselves.

It is a gift from God that God gives to us and it is God that controls it and not ourselves.
it is our faith, or John 3:3 would make no sense.

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

it is our faith, or John 3:3 would make no sense.

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
If God gives us a gift is it not our gift?

@SeventhDay
Perhaps if you explain your understanding of how this gift of faith is given to us, I will understand what you mean?

Back