• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Faith is the Gift of God

@SeventhDay
Perhaps if you explain your understanding of how this gift of faith is given to us, I will understand what you mean?
We have the indwelling Spirit to empower us to seek after and do God's will and that is how are faith works.

If God gives something to us, then yes, it is ours. Your point?
Thus, we both agree that faith is our gift from God and it is our faith but it is God who directs our faith of course.

We have the indwelling Spirit to empower us to seek after and do God's will and that is how are faith works.
So, you would agree one is born again (regenerated) before they can believe?

Thus, we both agree that faith is our gift from God and it is our faith but it is God who directs our faith of course.
Would you explain what you mean by, "it is God who directs our faith"

Does our faith harmonize with God's will for us? Does not God ask us to seek his will. Does not God show us his will? Thus, God directs our faith.
Okay. Thanks

God is purifying our hearts and making us whole. God is increasing our faith as his Spirit works through us to transform us. It is God that makes is obedient not ourselves. We trust In God to make is faithful not ourselves. Understand?
You seem to be suggesting that God does all the work for us.

You are going in circles endlessly.

Talking with you is just like talking to Trinitarians about the doctrine of the Trinity.

You seem to be suggesting that God does all the work for us.

You are going in circles endlessly.

Talking with you is just like talking to Trinitarians about the doctrine of the Trinity.
God makes it possible for our faith to work or he would not have given it to us in the first place. Understand?

God makes it possible for our faith to work or he would not have given it to us in the first place. Understand?
Again, what is so difficult to understand that God looks into our hearts?

God does not force us to have the willingness to be faithful.

It is our choice.

submission to God is our choice.

Again, what is so difficult to understand that God looks into our hearts?

God does not force us to have the willingness to be faithful.

It is our choice.

submission to God is our choice.
Who is it that influences our choices?

Does our faith harmonize with God's will for us? Does not God ask us to seek his will. Does not God show us his will? Thus, God directs our faith.
Taken years to understand all of this....only the Holy Spirit can get our will in line with the will of the Father....that must be understood in our spirit...plus the renewing of our minds...

Romans 12:2

King James Version

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You sound like Calvinists.

I am not interested in Calvinistic faith.

May God bless you with childlike faith.
Do you have heart/ spirit knowledge?

Or only Bible knowledge from what you read?

I’m afraid you need much more than intellectual knowledge.....to become Born Again.....that’s the power and mystery of God Witness, His Living Holy Spirit.

That’s why I asked you who made your spirit Born Again....a question you said was worldly.

Do you have heart/ spirit knowledge?
I have everything I need to know how to serve God and Jesus.

Jesus is the Teacher of our faith.

Jesus says so.

You guys don't have much faith in God and Jesus.

You need a circumcision of the heart.

Do you know Jesus' first preaching to us? He says to "repent".

that's what His faithful servant John the Baptist warned us too.

I have everything I need to know how to serve God and Jesus.

Jesus is the Teacher of our faith.

Jesus says so.

You guys don't have much faith in God and Jesus.

You need a circumcision of the heart.

Do you know Jesus' first preaching to us? He says to "repent".

that's what His faithful servant John the Baptist warned us too.
That is not how God says we are Born Again....all you seem to do is make assumptions of other people’s characters on here...and evade my questions.

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom Of God?

What must be Born Again ?
It is God who leads us to repentance/ Godly sorrow...you wouldn’t know how,being Born Of Gods seed....is all of him via His Spirit.......and nothing of you.....we are saved from eternal damnation by His Mercy and Grace...

Born Again by Gods will...not by your will.

That is not how God says we are Born Again....all you seem to do is make assumptions of other people’s characters on here...and evade my questions.

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom Of God?

What must be Born Again ?
It is God who leads us to repentance/ Godly sorrow...you wouldn’t know how,being Born Of Gods seed....is all of him via His Spirit.......and nothing of you.....we are saved from eternal damnation by His Mercy and Grace...

Born Again by Gods will...not by your will.
good day, friend.

Back