• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Yahweh 301,302 or Trinity 301,302

Greeting Trevor,

Trevor, you reponse back is getting less and less, with hardly any labor from you trying to prove what I have said to you concerning your doctrine of rejecting the deity of Jesus Christ, is a heresy to be rejected by the faithful few left in this world, a heresy that will cause a person who embraces such teachings, to be rejected in that at the Great White Throne Judgement Seat of Christ~Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

And you, Trevor, think he was just a man! Trevor, this is serious, it is not like a person not understanding certain great doctrines of grace, or even some of the gospel, your position is rejecting the deity of God's holy child, Jesus Christ, who equally shares all the glory of the Godhead with his Father in his divine nature as God, who created all things.

Well, Trevor, I'll go with the Authorized version of 1611, since that the version that most of the English world has used up until around 1880, which time the floodgates of this world's market places begin to flood this world with different versions, to where we are now, where almost different ones are coming out at an alarming rate almost monthly! I think the KJV of 1611 is the only one that is not copyrighted! The rest are for $$$$$ profits to be made.

Now concerning the ones you mention above~Actually Wycliffe was before Tyndale~each using different sources for their material. Go here and get a brief history of all bible up until 1611, and their sources:

https://www.wayoflife.org/database/history_of_the_english_bible_Tyndale_kjv.html

I'm no expert in translations and have no desire to be, since it's all history and history is written by victors~besides, we were not there, so we truly will never know why this or that, etc. Yet, we both know that neither of us can or even desire to try to read Wycliffe, or Tyndale's version~thank God for the up-to-date English we have now ~ even the 1611 has been changed as far a word spellings, which bring us to where we are now. So, for almost four hundred years, our forefathers have used the KJV ,and have had no problems with the KJV, and it has stood the test of time by the attacks of the wicked. This is all I'm going to say about bibles versions in this thread ~ I want to stay on course of our subject.

Trevor, Jesus is more than just a human. We fully agree Jesus is now exalted as the man, Christ Jesus far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. Yet, being God's only begotten Son, makes him equal to God in Godhead. The virgin birth of Jesus, by not being of Adam's posterity is what makes him THE SON of God, more than just a mere mortal man, that your religion wants to make him to be~He is much more than just a mere man like Moses, etc. He's the Lord from Heaven! Isaiah 7:14 cp with Isaiah 9:6, cp with 1st Corinthians 15:47, etc.

One more time, Trevor, one more time~God was not the Son, the Son was God~God has never cease to be who he is~An eternal Spirit, as I said above.

Trevor, this has never changed, nor will it ever change, impossible.

Trevor, this Glorious eternal Being was manifest in the flesh in the person of Jesus of Nazareth~why can't you accept this Biblical truth? It is seen all throughout the NT pages after pages! COnsider and tell me who are the apostles speaking about when they wrote these words:

Trevor is Jesus the Almighty God? Yes of no. One more.....

Simple question for you: Is Jesus Christ the great God and our Saviour? You determine your eternal fate by your answer.
Our megas God kai Savior, JESUS CHRIST!

If you have time-do look up the "differences of opinions" by Scholars on this particular verse.
Johann.

Start a thread on this topic if you like.

Conclusion

The one who became a man is self-existing. The language John uses in chapter 1 makes a distinction between the one eternally existing as the Word and his becoming at a point in time, a man. The Word already existed '...in the beginning', reflecting the words of Genesis 1:1 but the Word became human and lived a human life. Yet he claimed something which the religious leaders saw as blasphemy. In John 8:58 he used a phrase which is applied to God in Isaiah (אני הוא - Isaiah 43:13 et al) and is related to Exodus 3:14. 'I am' in this context was a claim to being eternal and only God is eternal. They certainly got his gist. John 1:2 says that οὗτος (he) was in the beginning with God. Throughout John οὗτος is both personal and refers to a person. All things were created 'through him'. John states that he 'beheld' the glory of the λόγος in the person of Jesus. John's testimony of Jesus was that he existed before him, as the unique God who manifests the Father to the world.

The paradox is mind blowing. The eternal becomes temporal. The divine becomes a man - completely... but without ceasing to be self-existent. The immortal becomes mortal. The omniscient becomes limited. The omnipresent becomes focused in time and place. Yet God remains God. We see this throughout Tanakh. The one who fills all things and is present in all time is manifest in one place and time. The God who is one is sender and yet sent. ““This is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)

“And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.” (1 John 5:20) “οἴδαμεν δὲ ὅτι ὁ υἱὸς τοῦ θεοῦ ἥκει καὶ δέδωκεν ἡμῖν διάνοιαν ἵνα γινώσκωμεν τὸν ἀληθινόν, καὶ ἐσμὲν ἐν τῷ ἀληθινῷ, ἐν τῷ υἱῷ αὐτοῦ Ἰησοῦ Χριστῷ. οὗτός ἐστιν ὁ ἀληθινὸς θεὸς καὶ ζωὴ αἰώνιος.”
To be in the Son is to be in God. In fact he is the true God.

Conclusion
The one who became a man is self-existing. The language John uses in chapter 1 makes a distinction between the one eternally existing as the Word and his becoming at a point in time, a man. The Word already existed '...in the beginning', reflecting the words of Genesis 1:1 but the Word became human and lived a human life. Yet he claimed something which the religious leaders saw as blasphemy. In John 8:58 he used a phrase which is applied to God in Isaiah (אני הוא - Isaiah 43:13 et al) and is related to Exodus 3:14.
'I am' in this context was a claim to being eternal and only God is eternal. They certainly got his gist. John 1:2 says that οὗτος (he) was in the beginning with God. Throughout John οὗτος is both personal and refers to a person. All things were created 'through him'. John states that he 'beheld' the glory of the λόγος in the person of Jesus. John's testimony of Jesus was that he existed before him, as the unique God who manifests the Father to the world.
In the creeds of orthodox Christianity, the one person Jesus of Nazareth has two natures, divine and human

Your lack of NT knowledge is showing.

Do some serious extensive homework, and then get back to me.
I could say that it is you with the lack of NT knowledge but I won't. I will say that your reference to a spiritual physical body makes no sense. There is no such reference in the NT.

I could say that it is you with the lack of NT knowledge but I won't. I will say that your reference to a spiritual physical makes no sense.
And yet, there we have it in 1 Co 15:44.

Jesus' resurrection body was a spiritual physical body.
Our resurrection body is a spiritual (material, sinless, immortal, glorious) physical body.
There is no such reference in the NT.
Try 1 Co 15:35-54.

And consult a legitimate orthodox commentary.

And yet, there we have it in 1 Co 15:44.

Jesus' resurrection body was a spiritual physical body.
Our resurrection body is a spiritual (material, sinless, immortal, glorious) physical body.

Anytime-which commentary would you suggest?

A natural body (sōma psuchikon). See note on 1Co_2:14 for this word, a difficult one to translate since psuchē has so many meanings. Natural is probably as good a rendering as can be made, but it is not adequate, for the body here is not all psuchē either as soul or life. The same difficulty exists as to a spiritual body (sōma pneumatikon). The resurrection body is not wholly pneuma. Caution is needed here in filling out details concerning the psuchē and the pneuma. But certainly he means to say that the “spiritual body” has some kind of germinal connection with the “natural body,” though the development is glorious beyond our comprehension though not beyond the power of Christ to perform (Php_3:21). The force of the argument remains unimpaired though we cannot follow fully into the thought beyond us.
If there is (ei estin). “If there exists” (estin means this with accent on first syllable), a condition of first class assumed as true.
There is also (estin kai). There exists also.
RWS

A natural body (σώμα ψυχικόν)
See on 1Co_2:14. The word ψυχικόν natural occurs only twice outside this epistle; Jas_3:15; Jud_1:19. The expression natural body signifies an organism animated by a ψυχή soul (see on Rom_11:4); that phase of the immaterial principle in man which is more nearly allied to the σάρξ flesh, and which characterizes the man as a mortal creature; while πνεῦμα spirit is that phase which looks Godward, and characterizes him as related to God. “It is a brief designation for the whole compass of the non-corporeal side of the earthly man” (Wendt). “In the earthly body the ψυχή soul, not the πνεῦμα spirit is that which conditions its constitution and its qualities, so that it is framed as the organ of the ψυχή. In the resurrection-body the πνεῦμα spirit, for whose life-activity it is the adequate organ, conditions its nature” (Meyer). Compare Plato: “The soul has the care of inanimate being everywhere, and traverses the whole heaven in divers forms appearing; when perfect and fully winged she soars upward, and is the ruler of the universe; while the imperfect soul loses her feathers, and drooping in her flight, at last settles on the solid ground - there, finding a home, she receives an earthly frame which appears to be self-moved, but is really moved by her power; and this composition of soul and body is called a living and mortal creature. For immortal no such union can be reasonably believed to be; although fancy, not having seen nor surely known the nature of God, may imagine an immortal creature having a body, and having also a soul which are united throughout all time” (“Phaedrus,” 246).
Spiritual body (σώμα πνευματικόν)
A body in which a divine πνεῦμα spirit supersedes the ψυχή soul, so that the resurrection-body is the fitting organ for its indwelling and work, and so is properly characterized as a spiritual body.
“When, glorious and sanctified, our flesh
Is reassumed, then shall our persons be
More pleasing by their being all complete;
For will increase whate'er bestows on us
Of light gratuitous the Good Supreme,
Light which enables us to look on Him;
Therefore the vision must perforce increase,
Increase the ardor which from that is kindled,
Increase the radiance from which this proceeds.
But even as a coal that sends forth flame,
And by its vivid whiteness overpowers it
So that its own appearance it maintains,
Thus the effulgence that surrounds us now
Shall be o'erpowered in aspect by the flesh,
Which still to-day the earth doth cover up;
Nor can so great a splendor weary us,
For strong will be the organs of the body
To everything which hath the power to please us.”
“Paradiso,” xiv., 43-60.
There is
The best texts insert if. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. The existence of the one forms a logical presumption for the existence of the other.
MV

Orthodox enough @Eleanor?
J.

Anytime-which commentary would you suggest?
It's not a technical one, it's a devotional one, by an old-time divine near the time of the Reformation, Matthew Henry: A Commentary on the Whole Bible, six volumes. I recommend you do not get the abridged form, which leaves out much that is important.

Others here could give you more technical references.

It's not a technical one, it's a devotional one, by an old-time divine near the time of the Reformation, Matthew Henry: A Commentary on the Whole Bible, six volumes. I recommend you do not get the abridged form, which leaves out much that is important.

Others here could give you more technical references.
Ah! Love ol' Matthew Henry! I have it-others here are not giving "technical references" easily.
Ever heard of Marvin Vincent and A.T. Robertson?
I have some other recommendations-should you wish and sense you are earnest and sincere in your love for Jesus Christ, our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Keep up the good work and stay strong in Jesus Christ.

Yours in Christ
Johann.

A natural body (sōma psuchikon). See note on 1Co_2:14 for this word, a difficult one to translate since psuchē has so many meanings. Natural is probably as good a rendering as can be made, but it is not adequate, for the body here is not all psuchē either as soul or life. The same difficulty exists as to a spiritual body (sōma pneumatikon). The resurrection body is not wholly pneuma. Caution is needed here in filling out details concerning the psuchē and the pneuma. But certainly he means to say that the “spiritual body” has some kind of germinal connection with the “natural body,” though the development is glorious beyond our comprehension though not beyond the power of Christ to perform (Php_3:21). The force of the argument remains unimpaired though we cannot follow fully into the thought beyond us.
If there is (ei estin). “If there exists” (estin means this with accent on first syllable), a condition of first class assumed as true.
There is also (estin kai). There exists also.
RWS

A natural body (σώμα ψυχικόν)
See on 1Co_2:14. The word ψυχικόν natural occurs only twice outside this epistle; Jas_3:15; Jud_1:19. The expression natural body signifies an organism animated by a ψυχή soul (see on Rom_11:4); that phase of the immaterial principle in man which is more nearly allied to the σάρξ flesh, and which characterizes the man as a mortal creature; while πνεῦμα spirit is that phase which looks Godward, and characterizes him as related to God. “It is a brief designation for the whole compass of the non-corporeal side of the earthly man” (Wendt). “In the earthly body the ψυχή soul, not the πνεῦμα spirit is that which conditions its constitution and its qualities, so that it is framed as the organ of the ψυχή. In the resurrection-body the πνεῦμα spirit, for whose life-activity it is the adequate organ, conditions its nature” (Meyer). Compare Plato: “The soul has the care of inanimate being everywhere, and traverses the whole heaven in divers forms appearing; when perfect and fully winged she soars upward, and is the ruler of the universe; while the imperfect soul loses her feathers, and drooping in her flight, at last settles on the solid ground - there, finding a home, she receives an earthly frame which appears to be self-moved, but is really moved by her power; and this composition of soul and body is called a living and mortal creature. For immortal no such union can be reasonably believed to be; although fancy, not having seen nor surely known the nature of God, may imagine an immortal creature having a body, and having also a soul which are united throughout all time” (“Phaedrus,” 246).
Spiritual body (σώμα πνευματικόν)
A body in which a divine πνεῦμα spirit supersedes the ψυχή soul, so that the resurrection-body is the fitting organ for its indwelling and work, and so is properly characterized as a spiritual body.
“When, glorious and sanctified, our flesh
Is reassumed, then shall our persons be
More pleasing by their being all complete;
For will increase whate'er bestows on us
Of light gratuitous the Good Supreme,
Light which enables us to look on Him;
Therefore the vision must perforce increase,
Increase the ardor which from that is kindled,
Increase the radiance from which this proceeds.
But even as a coal that sends forth flame,
And by its vivid whiteness overpowers it
So that its own appearance it maintains,
Thus the effulgence that surrounds us now
Shall be o'erpowered in aspect by the flesh,
Which still to-day the earth doth cover up;
Nor can so great a splendor weary us,
For strong will be the organs of the body
To everything which hath the power to please us.”
“Paradiso,” xiv., 43-60.
There is
The best texts insert if. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. The existence of the one forms a logical presumption for the existence of the other.
MV

Orthodox enough @Eleanor?
J.
Wow!

I also find helpful presentation of the meaning of words and concepts as they are used in the Scriptures, particularly the NT.

A significant amount of NT text has to be understood in the light of NT concepts.

For example, "spiritual" is not used by Paul to mean the immaterial, non-corporeal, invisible, but to mean that which is of the Holy Spirit.

The spiritual body of the resurrection is not invisible, it is physical.
It is spiritual (as opposed to natural; i.e., sinful) in that it is sinless, immortal and perfect.

Ah! Love ol' Matthew Henry! I have it-others here are not giving "technical references" easily.
Ever heard of Marvin Vincent and A.T. Robertson?
Yes, I have, A.T. Robertson, often.
I have some other recommendations-should you wish and sense you are earnest and sincere in your love for Jesus Christ, our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Keep up the good work and stay strong in Jesus Christ.

Yours in Christ
Johann.
Thanks. Don't go away.

Are you a professor or pastor or something like that?

Last edited:
Yes, I have, A.T. Robertson, often.

Thanks. Don't go away.

Are you a professor or pastor or something like that?
I am a pastor-and no, I will not go away.
I enjoy hermeneutics and the "critical stuff" and read various scholars and how they interpret Scriptures.
Have done so for years.
Shalom Sorella-to you and precious family.
Johann.

Greetings again Jim,
I reject the idea that there is anything physical in heaven.
I consider that a Spirit Being, the Angels and Jesus Christ have physical bodies. An indication of what Jesus would be in his glory was revealed by his Transfiguration. He revealed his physical glory to Paul when Paul was on his way to Damascus. I believe that Spirit Beings can withhold their glory, and because of this Angels were often at first mistaken as men. I also consider that Jesus was changed to a Spirit Being soon after his resurrection, but withheld his glory.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Red Baker,
Trevor, you have not as of yet commented on 1st Timothy 3:16 and 1st John 5:20
For 1 Timothy 3:16 refer Posts #56, 57, 104, 105 and my thread "The Yahweh Name".

1 John 5:18–21 (KJV): 18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
I find no problem with this passage especially when you read ll of the above.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Jim,

I consider that a Spirit Being, the Angels and Jesus Christ have physical bodies. An indication of what Jesus would be in his glory was revealed by his Transfiguration. He revealed his physical glory to Paul when Paul was on his way to Damascus. I believe that Spirit Beings can withhold their glory, and because of this Angels were often at first mistaken as men. I also consider that Jesus was changed to a Spirit Being soon after his resurrection, but withheld his glory.

Kind regards
Trevor
Paul saw nothing when he was on his way to Damascus and was confronted by Jesus. He heard Jesus, but he saw nothing. And those who were with him heard the voice of Jesus also but saw nothing (Acts 9:4-8).

In His prayer to God, the Father, in John 17, Jesus said, "And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed". There is nothing in the Bible to indicate that before Creation there was anything physical anywhere.

Jesus' presentation to His disciples following His death, burial and resurrection clearly indicates that He was unchanged.

Luke 24:39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

All indications are that His glorification came with His ascension into heaven. There is nothing in the Bible to even suggest that heaven is a realm of physical existence.

I really do not understand this strange desire that in heaven we will be anything other than spiritual beings, totally free from the bonds of flesh and blood. 1Co 15:50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Greetings again Jim,
Paul saw nothing when he was on his way to Damascus and was confronted by Jesus. He heard Jesus, but he saw nothing. And those who were with him heard the voice of Jesus also but saw nothing (Acts 9:4-8).
Acts 9:3–7 (KJV): 3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. 7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
The way I read the above is that he was confronted by the light, then the voice, and then he both talked with Jesus and saw him in his glory. It was this glory that blinded him. In contrast, the men with Paul did not see Jesus.

I understand the following mention of Paul seeing Jesus is more than seeing a light and hearing the voice of Jesus, and I deduct Paul is referring to this occasion:
Acts 9:17 (KJV): And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:12–14 (KJV): 12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, 13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

1 Corinthians 9:1 (KJV): Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

1 Corinthians 15:8 (KJV): And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

In His prayer to God, the Father, in John 17, Jesus said, "And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed". There is nothing in the Bible to indicate that before Creation there was anything physical anywhere.
I have a different view of John 17:5. Also I consider the Edenic Creation was 6000 years ago, but the Universe existed before that.
Jesus' presentation to His disciples following His death, burial and resurrection clearly indicates that He was unchanged.
Luke 24:39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
I consider Jesus was by that time an immortal Spirit Being. Refer comment by Eleanor:
Jesus used "spirit "to mean bodiless, a ghost.

All indications are that His glorification came with His ascension into heaven. There is nothing in the Bible to even suggest that heaven is a realm of physical existence.
I believe that God the Father, Jesus and the Angels are physical Spirit Beings.
I really do not understand this strange desire that in heaven we will be anything other than spiritual beings, totally free from the bonds of flesh and blood. 1Co 15:50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
”Flesh and blood” are speaking about our present mortality. Spirit Beings are physical, but do not depend on blood and air.

Kind regards
Trevor

I consider Jesus was by that time an immortal Spirit Being. Refer comment by Eleanor:
"Jesus used 'spirit' to mean bodiless, a ghost."
Jesus' immortal resurrection body was physical, he said so himself, that his body was not an immaterial spirit, but was real flesh and bone.
It also seems that he was able to dematerialize and materialize his body.

It appears it may be that at the resurrection our immortal bodies may be capable of dematerialization and materialization, as is Jesus' immortal resurrection body. It is also interesting to note that on the road Jesus "materialized" in an appearance which his disciples did not recognize when he did so with them.
I believe that God the Father, Jesus and the Angels are physical Spirit Beings.

”Flesh and blood” are speaking about our present mortality. Spirit Beings are physical, but do not depend on blood and air.
Scripture does not present God as a physical being. It presents God as spirit, who must be worshiped in spirit.

Scripture references-
Thanks
Johann
Lk 1:35: sired by God and, therefore, divine "Son of God". . .in the womb of Mary, and therefore, human. . .both God and man in one person.
God = divine nature. . .human = human nature, two natures in one person, Jesus of Nazareth.

Last edited:
Greetings again Eleanor,
Jesus' immortal resurrection body was physical, he said so himself, that his body was not an immaterial spirit, but was real flesh and bone.
It also seems that he was able to dematerialize and materialize his body.

It appears it may be that at the resurrection our immortal bodies may be capable of dematerialization and materialization, as is Jesus' immortal resurrection body. It is also interesting to note that on the road Jesus "materialized" in an appearance which his disciples did not recognize when he did so with them.
Yes, Jesus after his resurrection was seen in a material body of flesh and bone. There may have been other ways of not being properly recognised, or disappearing from sight. If Jesus in his glorified body could withhold his glory, he could also turn off the visible light spectrum from his body. My own personal opinion is that his changed body may have been a substantial transformation, even though it appeared much the same. When Jesus revealed his glory, then this could have been the power of God added, or it could be the actual material of his changed body. Our normal chemicals in our body do not emit radiation in the form of intense light.
Scripture does not present God as a physical being. It presents God as spirit, who must be worshiped in spirit.
I am not sure what is "spirit" in John 4:24. Is this now similar to
Jesus used "spirit" to mean bodiless, a ghost.

Psalm 110:1 presents the One God, Yahweh, God the Father sitting upon His Throne in heaven and Jesus after his exaltation sitting at God's right hand. Is God the Father an invisible spirit with no physical substance, while Jesus sitting at his hand is either an invisible spirit also, or does he retain his flesh and bones resurrected (glorified?) body?

The KJV is slightly different to modern translations
John 4:24 (KJV): God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:24 (RSV): God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24 (NIV84): God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”
John 4:24 (NASB95): “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24 (ESV): God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

And what does "worship in spirit and truth" really mean. Is it similar to the following? :
Joshua 24:14 (KJV): 14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

Kind regards
Trevor

Back