• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Yahweh 301,302 or Trinity 301,302

Romans 9:33 still refers to Jesus.
The same with Romans 10:11.
The verses refer to YHWH as God and Jesus as not God, but the cornerstone that God laid.

The "Him" in Romans 9:33 and Romans 10:11 refers to Jesus.
There is a context. Romans 10:9 says to believe God raised Jesus from the dead. Romans 10:11 says whoever believes in Him will never be put to shame. Acts 2 says the one to believe in is God, but rather Jesus of Nazareth is the man appointed by God whom God raised from the dead. Let me guess, you're going to say strawman again after refuting your claims for what seems like the 100th time .:LOL:

That isn't what I did.
Oh, but you did set Scripture against itself, which is never a Biblical demonstration of anything except inadequate understanding.

Not to mention your failure to demonstrate any Biblical error in post #256 demonstrating three distinct divine persons in the one God.

Last edited:
Oh, but you did set Scripture against itself, which is never a Biblical demonstration of anything except inadequate understanding.

So it would seem you believe I’m setting scripture against itself and don’t understand it, but you aren’t and know what you’re talking about. So you don’t want to have a discussion I presume. You’re here to gain a following and teach people? Well, I for one won’t follow you and I disagree with your presentation of scripture. My presentation is correct.

So it would seem you believe I’m setting scripture against itself and don’t understand it, but you aren’t and know what you’re talking about. So you don’t want to have a discussion I presume. You’re hear to gain a following and teach people?
That's all you got. . .the ad hominem error?
Well, I for one won’t follow you
Judging other's motives by your own?
and I disagree with your presentation of scripture. My presentation is correct.. . .
Yes, your correct quoting of Scripture sets Scripture against itself. . .

And then there is post #256 demonstrating three distinct divine persons in the one God, for which you have demonstrated no Biblical error.

It's not about lack of Biblical testimony, it's about lack of belief.

Last edited:
That's all you got. . .the ad hominem error?
?

Asking you a question isn't an ad hominem. I am genuinely curious if you're trying to gain a following. You don't need to accuse me. If you don't want to answer then that's fine.

Judging other's motives by your own?

Yes, your correct quoting of Scripture sets Scripture against itself. . .
I disagree.

And then there is post #256 demonstrating three distinct divine persons in the one God, for which you have demonstrated no Biblical error.
1 Cor 8:6 says the Father in your Trinity is the One God. John 17:3 says the Father is the only God. You have misunderstood God I believe. Jesus and the disciples were all Unitarians.

It's not about lack of Biblical testimony, it's about lack of belief.
I don't believe you. God never said "I am a God known as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." What you have is circumstantial evidence that you're presenting as alleged proof for the Trinity when actually they don't clearly say what you believe they do. Also, the Trinity doctrine is contradicts pretty much the entire Old Testament where YHWH said He is the only God. Refer to Psalm 110:1 where YHWH is undeniably not Jesus.

Isaiah 45
5I am the LORD, and there is no other;
there is no God but Me.

I will equip you for battle,
though you have not known Me,

John 17
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

Let's just go for line two of what you wrote:

Ro 10:9, 13 regarding Joel 2:32 where Paul teaches Jesus is the YHWH of Joel's prophecy that "everyone who calls on the name of YHWH will be saved."

Romans 10:9 refers to believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. The one we are believing in and calling on the name of is YHWH. It's in the context between Romans 10:9,13

9that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
11It is just as the Scripture says: “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” 12For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
1) Jesus is the LORD (Ro 10:9), the YHWH of Joel 2:32 upon whom everyone must call to be saved (Ro 10:13).
I don't believe you.
I'm not the one making the statements, it is the apostles Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul who present the connection of the OT YHWH as Jesus.

2) John the Baptist is the one spoken of through the prophet in Isaiah 40:3: "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for YHWH, make straight paths for him." (Mt 3:3, Mk 1:3, Lk 1:67-68, 76).
The YHWH for whom John the Baptist prepared the way was Jesus.

Last edited:
I'm not the one making the statements, it is the apostles Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul who present the connection of the OT YHWH as Jesus.

2) John the Baptist is the one spoken of through the prophet in Isaiah 40:3: "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for YHWH, make straight paths for him." (Mt 3:3, Mk 1:3, Lk 1:67-68, 76).
The YHWH for whom John the Baptist prepared the way was Jesus.
Could you be misunderstanding it because you're under the impression Jesus is God, but the Bible says it's that God was with him?

God didn't anoint Jesus with the Holy Spirit until John's water baptism of repentance. Do you think God needs to be anointed with His own Spirit?

Acts 10
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

Matt 3
16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. Suddenly the heavens were opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and resting on Him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!”

Do you believe God is the Sovereign Lord as everyone else in the Bible clearly does?
Of course she does, but no, not everyone else in the Bible thought he was.

I do find it hard to believe that you actually take reference to the fact that God nowhere CALLS HIMSELF SOVEREIGN to mean that he is not sovereign. She obviously meant no such thing!

Of course she does, but no, not everyone else in the Bible thought he was.

I do find it hard to believe that you actually take reference to the fact that God nowhere CALLS HIMSELF SOVEREIGN to mean that he is not sovereign. She obviously meant no such thing!
You sound more like a Bible lawyer than a theologian. "God never said He is sovereign" is a non-point.

Back