• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why is there more than 1 Christian religion?

Keiw1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Can't they understand this simple bible milk? 1Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division.

That means Jesus is with 1 single religion out of the hundreds claiming to be his.
All need to step back and LOOK.
Its easy to find the one who has Jesus-They listen to him= Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--That means the ones taking the lead teach EVERY utterance from God to the flock=OT-NT, without fail. It NEVER stops.
If ones teacher is not doing that then you have found these-2Cor 11:12-15.
Not all is as appears in this satan ruled system.

Last edited:
Can't they understand this simple bible milk? 1Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division.

That means Jesus is with 1 single religion out of the hundreds claiming to be his.
Its easy to find the one who has Jesus-They listen to him= Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--That means the ones taking the lead teach EVERY utterancefrom God to the flock=OT-NT, without fail. It NEVER stops.
All those Christians of many different denominations including Catholics, have one thing in common, they all agree Jesus is God the Son. They agree in a Trinity. Now, I am not saying everyone in every denomination is a believer. But only those who have been called by a holy calling regenerated and believe in Christ.

All those Christians of many different denominations including Catholics, have one thing in common, they all agree Jesus is God the Son. They agree in a Trinity. Now, I am not saying everyone in every denomination is a believer. But only those who have been called by a holy calling regenerated and believe in Christ.
Jesus teaches-The one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. So i guess they refuse to believe Jesus, how sad for them. Paul taught the same-1Cor 8:6-There is one God to all=The Father. Yes all using Catholicism translating are being mislead to not enter Gods kingdom.

Jesus teaches-The one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. So i guess they refuse to believe Jesus, how sad for them. Paul taught the same-1Cor 8:6-There is one God to all=The Father. Yes all using Catholicism translating are being mislead to not enter Gods kingdom.
Well there is only one true God.

Well there is only one true God.
Yes there is=YHVH(Jehovah)--the name removed in the altered translations by satans will. All using them are refusing to give support to Gods will on that matter. We all know 100% Jesus is for Gods will on that matter. He assured all in the Lords prayer-His Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved.

No, they refuse to believe the false interpretation you believe about what Jesus said and how Jesus said it.
I would suggest it better to know the same one God Jesus knows as his God. His God is not a Trinity.
Jesus doesn’t know of a Trinity god.

I would suggest it better to know the same one God Jesus knows as his God. His God is not a Trinity.
Jesus doesn’t know of a Trinity god.
Do you understand the kenosis? How Jesus could step out of heaven and become a man...a servant...subservient to God the Father and from His role of "man" walking the earth....fully human and fully God could accurately call the Father the one true God? I have no problem with that.

I also understand there is also an association present with that statement where Jesus tells us the Father is the one true God and not to be confused with an idol or Baal.

I also know a mere man can't pay an eternal price for an eternal judgement....How would your Jesus being a sinful man be able to pay the price?

No, they refuse to believe the false interpretation you believe about what Jesus said and how Jesus said it.
Its 100% clear, a 10 year old can understand it. Jesus said-The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--- satan hides that fact because notice it means eternal life for one to know the Father as the only true God and know Jesus as well-John 17:3)

Its 100% clear, a 10 year old can understand it. Jesus said-The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--- satan hides that fact because notice it means eternal life for one to know the Father as the only true God and know Jesus as well-John 17:3)
I could ask you the exact same question....

Do you understand the kenosis? How Jesus could step out of heaven and become a man...a servant...subservient to God the Father and from His role of "man" walking the earth....fully human and fully God could accurately call the Father the one true God? I have no problem with that.

I also understand there is also an association present with that statement where Jesus tells us the Father is the one true God and not to be confused with an idol or Baal.

I also know a mere man can't pay an eternal price for an eternal judgement....How would your Jesus being a sinful man be able to pay the price?

Its easy to find the one who has Jesus-They listen to him= Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--That means the ones taking the lead teach EVERY utterance from God to the flock=OT-NT, without fail. It NEVER stops.
What are the several Christian religions to which you refer?

There's more in I Cor 1 about this, too. There's even people claiming to be 'of Jesus' pit against 'of Apollos.' That's over the top. But it is proof that the very central doctrines of our faith can be horribly twisted by newbies and wannabees.

I could ask you the exact same question....

When was Jesus God? Psalm 45:7-before earth he has a God--John 20:17-On earth he has a God--Rev 3:12 back in heaven he has a God.

What are the several Christian religions to which you refer?
Catholicism, and all the protestant branches fixed little of what Catholicism did. Because they only had Catholicism translating to use.

There's more in I Cor 1 about this, too. There's even people claiming to be 'of Jesus' pit against 'of Apollos.' That's over the top. But it is proof that the very central doctrines of our faith can be horribly twisted by newbies and wannabees.
Catholicism screwed it all up. The protestants tried to fix things but couldn't, they only had Catholicism translating to go by.

When was Jesus God? Psalm 45:7-before earth he has a God--John 20:17-On earth he has a God--Rev 3:12 back in heaven he has a God.
They made up this theory they call “kenosis” whereby Jesus supposedly emptied himself of his Godness and pretended to be a man so he could save man.

Some Trinitarians have fallen for it, others have more sense.

Why is there more than one Christian religion?
There isn't.
Clearly not.
Yep.
If that were true, then this op would not exist. Each denomination, sect, and cult claim to listen to Jesus, and each claim to do what you cited. Clearly, they do not do so the same.

I will suggest o everyone that the existence of diversity - even to the point of denominational or sectarian difference - is wholly scriptural and can be understood as either by God's design or acceptable to God. The undeniable precedent established in scripture is the fact the congregations in the various cities all had differences and their experience of Christ meant facing different circumstances and challenges relevant to their locale. Likewise, the teachings of Paul, Apollos, Peter, James, and all the others held to a core set of precepts while also asserting some diversity. It is also true that the apostolic leaders themselves changed as they applied the gospel in real life. Simply put, there is only one Church, and it was a very messy place. It remains so to this day and that should not surprise anyone who has read the Bible. There were many beliefs that needed correction, many practices that need to be discarded or replaced, and many false teachers. The same holds true to this day only now there are four billion people laying claim to the name of Christ (more if we count the cults) and not just a comparatively few a small portion of the world surrounding the Mediterranean. Most of us have never had to deal with the temple next door holding wild celebrations inhabited by ritual prostitution or human sacrifices (or both 😲). Even the regenerate apostles Paul and Peter disagreed and needed all that Paul wrote about in Ephesians 4. To some degree this op could be understood as a "first-world" problem, proof of the gospel's victory, and evidence of the Church's faithfulness and progress toward unity.

James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

That is the religion of Jesus. Once the gospel is accepted that becomes what is expected as far as the religion goes. Other verses also inform the religious nature of the ecclesia.

Ephesians 4:11-16
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

None of that would be necessary if the transformative power of the gospel was instantaneous. God, in His omnipotent power, could have made it otherwise but God, in His infinite wisdom, did not do so. You and I live in a divided religion for a reason, just as we live in this time and place by God's design and for His purpose. There have always been variations within orthodoxy. There have always been look-a-likes and doppelgangers. There have always been competing paganisms. There have always been wheat growing among the weeds. There has always been the call to holiness within those contexts.

Lean into it :cool:.

Let's try not to make things worse ;).

There isn't.

Clearly not.

Yep.

If that were true, then this op would not exist. Each denomination, sect, and cult claim to listen to Jesus, and each claim to do what you cited. Clearly, they do not do so the same.

I will suggest o everyone that the existence of diversity - even to the point of denominational or sectarian difference - is wholly scriptural and can be understood as either by God's design or acceptable to God. The undeniable precedent established in scripture is the fact the congregations in the various cities all had differences and their experience of Christ meant facing different circumstances and challenges relevant to their locale. Likewise, the teachings of Paul, Apollos, Peter, James, and all the others held to a core set of precepts while also asserting some diversity. It is also true that the apostolic leaders themselves changed as they applied the gospel in real life. Simply put, there is only one Church, and it was a very messy place. It remains so to this day and that should not surprise anyone who has read the Bible. There were many beliefs that needed correction, many practices that need to be discarded or replaced, and many false teachers. The same holds true to this day only now there are four billion people laying claim to the name of Christ (more if we count the cults) and not just a comparatively few a small portion of the world surrounding the Mediterranean. Most of us have never had to deal with the temple next door holding wild celebrations inhabited by ritual prostitution or human sacrifices (or both 😲). Even the regenerate apostles Paul and Peter disagreed and needed all that Paul wrote about in Ephesians 4. To some degree this op could be understood as a "first-world" problem, proof of the gospel's victory, and evidence of the Church's faithfulness and progress toward unity.

James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

That is the religion of Jesus. Once the gospel is accepted that becomes what is expected as far as the religion goes. Other verses also inform the religious nature of the ecclesia.

Ephesians 4:11-16
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

None of that would be necessary if the transformative power of the gospel was instantaneous. God, in His omnipotent power, could have made it otherwise but God, in His infinite wisdom, did not do so. You and I live in a divided religion for a reason, just as we live in this time and place by God's design and for His purpose. There have always been variations within orthodoxy. There have always been look-a-likes and doppelgangers. There have always been competing paganisms. There have always been wheat growing among the weeds. There has always been the call to holiness within those contexts.

Lean into it :cool:.

Let's try not to make things worse ;).
I have 0 to do with 99% of the religions claiming to be Christian. I follow the one that has Jesus. Jesus' 1 religion is not divided nor ever will be.

Aren't you JW (or is it LDS?)?
Jehovah witness. LDS believe in a non existent trinity. YHVH(Jehovah) is the only true God, beside him there is no other God( Isaiah 44:6--he
stated there-(beside me)= not we.

Back