• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Why every Christian has to stand before Judgement

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Like the Jews when they were waiting for the Messiah, Christians have their own ideas of what will happen before Jesus comes, including who will be judged and when. People as a given, tend to look to self as their first priority and see what they want to see, usually for their own liking rather than what the scripture shows them. When Christ first came, many of the Jews wanted a Messiah to save them from the Romans and other local problems, not tell them about sin and repenting. Israel really wanted only the glory and prestige of a Messiah as King, they didn't want Him asking them to surrender their hearts and wills to Him. They didn't want to give up their greedy ambitions, or power, wealth and pleasures, they didn't want to part with sin they cherished and the bondage of iniquity. They wanted a free ride and instant gratification that didnt make them give up any sin, indulgence of self pleasure or lust, so to submit themselves to the divine was not what they wanted.

When the Messiah came, they wanted no atoner for sins, they wanted a conquering king and as many Christians today, in no way surrender their lives to Christ and part with their pet sins. That is a hard message especially in these last days for Christians, and then to be judged, that really is devastating, they want a free ride to heaven, no judgement. So we will be judged? Lets take a look at what the Bible shows..
Daniel 7:9-10
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Romans 14:10
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Romans 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

So everyone including those who have done good, or those who have done bad, will be before the judgement seat and the scriptures even tells us who it begins with..

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Now the reason it begins with the 'house of God' is that at the Second Coming the saints will be separated from the wicked..
Matthew 25:31-34
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Daniel 7:22
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

And who this is..
John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

And nothing will be kept secret from Him...
Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment seat of Christ, those who truly believe will be judged worthy by the blood of the Lamb. others will receive the judgment of condemnation.

Now we are given warning that this judgement is coming and even when it begins at the 'house of God'.
Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Daniel 8:14
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

And we are even given the details of how decisions are being made in that judgment in Revelation 14:6-7 that is going on now while the everlasting gospel is being preached to the whole world.
Romans 2:1-16
1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

And Christ gave warning..
Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And His judgement is true and just...
John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 8:16
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Now when will judgement begin with the 'house of God', well Daniel gave us the answer. Daniel received several visions from God that described future scenes in the heavenly sanctuary. And just as the daily sacrifice on earth was designed to point the Jews to the Messiah’s death for their sins, so their yearly Day of Atonement pointed forward to another of His works in His mission to redeem humanity, the final work of the High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.

And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The cleansing of the earthly sanctuary took place on the Day of Atonement, and on that day, God’s people were identified as belonging to Him and the record of their sins was removed. Those who clung to sin, however, were cut off, and here we are given the prophecy of what Christ will do in the heavenly sanctuary as our High Priest and when this cleansing would begin. We already know where it begins with.

So when asked how long God’s people and the sanctuary would be 'trodden under foot', the angel replied: 'For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed'. So the reply was that the sanctuary in heaven, when looking at the 'house of God' or God’s church on earth, would experience a cleansing after 2,300 prophetic days, which is 2,300 literal years. So this is when the investigative judgement would begin, and is the part where God decides who is saved and who is not saved. After all, at some point, the decision has to be made of who is a saint or sinner, and it makes no sense to judge sinners after they've already received condemnation or their sentence of death.

The 70 week prophecy establishes the beginning of the 2300 days, and because the last week of the prophecy involves the death of Christ, for which we have a date, we can be fairly certain about the starting date of the 2300 day prophecy, and therefore we would also know the ending date of the prophecy. If you carefully examine the verse, you'll see it says that it says "the sanctuary shall be cleansed." In the Bible, the sanctuary was only cleansed on one day of the year, Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement. On that day, the sin that has built up in the sanctuary is taken out of the sanctuary and placed upon the scapegoat, and the people of Israel are cleansed of their sins. And we see in Leviticus 23:26-30, where it says that the people who did not deny themselves on that day are cut off and destroyed.

Leviticus 23:26-30
26 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.
29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

So in short, during this time period after the 2300 years, a 'day of atonement' is taking place in heaven, during which all of the sins throughout all of Earth's history are being cleansed by the blood of Christ, and being placed on the scapegoat, and the people who did not repent will be cut off and destroyed. Thus, Christ's Second Coming will end this 'day of atonement' and He will come and redeem those who have been judged as covered by the blood of the lamb and worthy of eternal life.

So God is calling His people today, to prepare themselves and repent and be cleansed of sin. We are living now in the time of the heavenly Day of Atonement, a day in which all people should assess their lives and repent of their sins. So they do not join in the fate of Babylon and go into perdition..

Revelation 19:2
For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Now when will judgement begin with the 'house of God', well Daniel gave us the answer. Daniel received several visions from God that described future scenes in the heavenly sanctuary. And just as the daily sacrifice on earth was designed to point the Jews to the Messiah’s death for their sins, so their yearly Day of Atonement pointed forward to another of His works in His mission to redeem humanity, the final work of the High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.

The cleansing of the earthly sanctuary took place on the Day of Atonement, and on that day, God’s people were identified as belonging to Him and the record of their sins was removed. Those who clung to sin, however, were cut off, and here we are given the prophecy of what Christ will do in the heavenly sanctuary as our High Priest and when this cleansing would begin. We already know where it begins with.

So when asked how long God’s people and the sanctuary would be 'trodden under foot', the angel replied: 'For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed'. So the reply was that the sanctuary in heaven, when looking at the 'house of God' or God’s church on earth, would experience a cleansing after 2,300 prophetic days, which is 2,300 literal years. So this is when the investigative judgement would begin, and is the part where God decides who is saved and who is not saved. After all, at some point, the decision has to be made of who is a saint or sinner, and it makes no sense to judge sinners after they've already received condemnation or their sentence of death.

The 70 week prophecy establishes the beginning of the 2300 days, and because the last week of the prophecy involves the death of Christ, for which we have a date, we can be fairly certain about the starting date of the 2300 day prophecy, and therefore we would also know the ending date of the prophecy. If you carefully examine the verse, you'll see it says that it says "the sanctuary shall be cleansed." In the Bible, the sanctuary was only cleansed on one day of the year, Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement. On that day, the sin that has built up in the sanctuary is taken out of the sanctuary and placed upon the scapegoat, and the people of Israel are cleansed of their sins. And we see in Leviticus 23:26-30, where it says that the people who did not deny themselves on that day are cut off and destroyed.

27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.
29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

So in short, during this time period after the 2300 years, a 'day of atonement' is taking place in heaven, during which all of the sins throughout all of Earth's history are being cleansed by the blood of Christ, and being placed on the scapegoat, and the people who did not repent will be cut off and destroyed. Thus, Christ's Second Coming will end this 'day of atonement' and He will come and redeem those who have been judged as covered by the blood of the lamb and worthy of eternal life.

So God is calling His people today, to prepare themselves and repent and be cleansed of sin. We are living now in the time of the heavenly Day of Atonement, a day in which all people should assess their lives and repent of their sins. So they do not join in the fate of Babylon and go into perdition..

Revelation 19:2
For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
From what I read and understand there will be two judgements.
The great White Throne for the unsaved

The Judgement seat of Christ...or also known as the Bema Seat Judgement for the believers.

2 cor 5:10 sounds like purgatory after the judgment?

From what I read and understand there will be two judgements.
The great White Throne for the unsaved

The Judgement seat of Christ...or also known as the Bema Seat Judgement for the believers.
The judgement for the 'believers' is being done as the saints in the separation of sheep and the goats have to be done at the Second Coming and we see what scripture says..
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The judgement for the 'believers' is being done as the saints in the separation of sheep and the goats have to be done at the Second Coming and we see what scripture says..
That doesn't sound right.

keep in mind the Bema Seat Judgement isn't about salvation.

That doesn't sound right.

keep in mind the Bema Seat Judgement isn't about salvation.
Well, those who come at this time and stand before God will be judged, and if not found in the book of life, they will loose salvation and be cast in the lake of fire...

Revelation 20:11-15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Well, those who come at this time and stand before God will be judged, and if not found in the book of life, they will loose salvation and be cast in the lake of fire...

Revelation 20:11-15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Christians will not face the Great White Throne. Or have not all of your sins been washed by the blood of Christ?

Christians will not face the Great White Throne. Or have not all of your sins been washed by the blood of Christ?
"For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." (2 Cor. 5:10). This is believers who are being presented before the presence of Christ's glory. It is an awards ceremony of sorts, with the works of the believers being judged on the varying merits of what they will have done in this life.

Some believers who would have built upon the foundation of Christ with "wood, hay, or stubble" would lose a reward for those actions because the stream of fire emerging from God's fiery throne would burn up those works and they would suffer a loss of rewards (even though they themselves would still be saved). But those believers who would have built upon the foundation of Christ with gold, silver, or precious stones would have those works abide the consuming fire of God's judgment of those works, and they would receive a reward for them (1 Cor. 3:11-15).

In spite of this variation in the level of rewards for the believers' works done while in the body, God is still said to give praise to every believer in that judgment. Paul wrote to the saints in 1 Cor. 4:5, "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." God will find something commendable in the life of every one of the believers, and will generously give praise individually to each of His children. This is a comfort, even to those of God's children who know to their sorrow that they have grieved the Holy Spirit by straying from the path on many occasions.

"For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." (2 Cor. 5:10). This is believers who are being presented before the presence of Christ's glory. It is an awards ceremony of sorts, with the works of the believers being judged on the varying merits of what they will have done in this life.

Some believers who would have built upon the foundation of Christ with "wood, hay, or stubble" would lose a reward for those actions because the stream of fire emerging from God's fiery throne would burn up those works and they would suffer a loss of rewards (even though they themselves would still be saved). But those believers who would have built upon the foundation of Christ with gold, silver, or precious stones would have those works abide the consuming fire of God's judgment of those works, and they would receive a reward for them (1 Cor. 3:11-15).

In spite of this variation in the level of rewards for the believers' works done while in the body, God is still said to give praise to every believer in that judgment. Paul wrote to the saints in 1 Cor. 4:5, "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." God will find something commendable in the life of every one of the believers, and will generously give praise individually to each of His children. This is a comfort, even to those of God's children who know to their sorrow that they have grieved the Holy Spirit by straying from the path on many occasions.
Well if they are being rewarded in the Lake of Fire, I don't think they are 'believers' but those going to perdition..

Like the Jews when they were waiting for the Messiah, Christians have their own ideas of what will happen before Jesus comes, including who will be judged and when.
You make a few erroneous comments about what is true and false.
You begin with the "Jews" waiting for their Messiah then change to "Christians" which I know you mean Gentile Christians. So, already there's confusion in your opening comments.
When Christ first came, many of the Jews wanted a Messiah to save them from the Romans and other local problems, not tell them about sin and repenting.
Yes, they wanted a political Deliverer, and no, they did understand from their Scripture the concept of delivering from sin. Many passages make this clear.
Israel really wanted only the glory and prestige of a Messiah as King, they didn't want Him asking them to surrender their hearts and wills to Him.
Incorrect. They knew their Deliverer would be both God and man. And they also understood submission to the God of Abraham.
They didn't want to give up their greedy ambitions, or power, wealth and pleasures, they didn't want to part with sin they cherished and the bondage of iniquity. They wanted a free ride and instant gratification that didnt make them give up any sin, indulgence of self pleasure or lust, so to submit themselves to the divine was not what they wanted.
Incorrect. Those that enjoyed power, wealth, and pleasures were mostly the Roman-installed ruling class like Herod and the Antipas' and like the rich young ruler. But the common Jewish citizen was under Roman occupation and although there were agitators, the common folk were under a new bondage and lived day to day like their Egyptian counterparts crying out to God for intervention. They lived as much as possible under the Mosaic Laws and did well considering the circumstances.
When the Messiah came, they wanted no atoner for sins, they wanted a conquering king and as many Christians today, in no way surrender their lives to Christ and part with their pet sins. That is a hard message especially in these last days for Christians, and then to be judged, that really is devastating, they want a free ride to heaven, no judgement. So we will be judged? Lets take a look at what the Bible shows..
Again, they knew and understood the concept of the God-man in their Scripture - even going as far back to Genesis 3:15. They knew sin. Those things were addressed by their Yom Kippur's and other representative sacrifices being performed in their Temple.
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment seat of Christ, those who truly believe will be judged worthy by the blood of the Lamb. others will receive the judgment of condemnation.
You use language from the New Covenant writings which the Jews knew nothing about since they were still under the old economy of God and Mosaic traditions. Too many erroneous presumptions about the Jewish people and their knowledge of their Scripture. They knew more about their Scripture than the most revered theologians in Gentile history.

Now we are given warning that this judgement is coming and even when it begins at the 'house of God'.
Again, the Jews knew only their Scripture. Revelations hadn't been written yet.
Try using the Hebrew Scripture in describing who and what the Jews knew. Bringing in the NT confuses the issue.

Believe me, the Jews knew.

I'll let this one pass, but you do know that the Jews knew that in their covenants that no Gentiles are mentioned or named, right? Even Saul knew this. Which is why when we look at the NT writings, we see Jews who become born again continuing their obedience to God's Torah, right?
Again you confuse the subject with quoting Hebrew Scripture and applying it to Gentiles. Big error.

NOT sins "throughout all of earth's history." God never had a covenant with "all of earth's history." But He did have covenant with ONE people: the Jews.
The God of Abraham made no covenant with Gentiles.
You mean the Jews, right? When you say God is calling "His people", right? You mean the Jews, right?

You make a few erroneous comments about what is true and false.
You begin with the "Jews" waiting for their Messiah then change to "Christians" which I know you mean Gentile Christians. So, already there's confusion in your opening comments.
What kind of a Jew ? One born again of the Spirit of Christ? Seeing if any man has not the Spirit of Christ they are not of Christ

Romans 8:9010 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Well if they are being rewarded in the Lake of Fire, I don't think they are 'believers' but those going to perdition..

It would appear to me it has much to do with Annihilationism. (consciousness extinguished rather than suffering forever in Hell.) It seems to work out the best .

God is a God of mercy. Therefore Christ himself subject to His own law .If he does not have mercy then he cannot be called a merciful God

.Psalm 138King James Version I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.. . . . . . .(attributes )

It would seem there is two kinds of mercy .Mercy seasoned with grace. The born again Mercy. And Mercy, ending the sufferings of hell in these bodies of death the one appointment to die.

James 2:12-14King James Version2 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

It would appear the Pharisees with Sadducees as a law of dying men . needed to invent away to make there limbo purgatory doctrine to support when one dies and is buried. Then the real sufferings and wondering begins. And needed another the doctrine of disembodied dead worker as familiar spirit gods. It seems in a hope of making our invisible head the Holy Father with out effect so they can worship a Holy Father on earth Like patron saints that kind of law of men began with the unbelieving .Jew as a law of the fathers

Hell, our daily bread strengthening these bodies of death. . . appointed once all .Yoked with Christ our burden is made lighter with a living future hope beyond the grave

Ecclesiastic 9: 5-7 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten .Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

In that way both Jesus in regard to the metaphor "heart of the earth" with Jonas "belly whale" sufferings in a companion parable. The suffering suffering unto death. not dead never to rise .

Christ as eternal God cannot die .He strengthened Jesus the Son of man to finish the work of the two of sufferings a living sacrifice.

The beginning of the three days and nights promised demonstration The Son of man Jesus as the Father struck him was wounded in the garden of Gethsemane for our transgression . . not dead, a sufferings savor, as a living work . The Father bruising his heel, his heal crushing the head of the serpent

JI would offer judgment seat of Christ . . . . .Christ's judgment as it is written, the living word of God .also called the judgment seat of Moses the giver of the Law .

Casers seat against Moses seat .Darkness against light

Acts 25:9-11King James Version9 But Festus, willing to do the Jews a pleasure, answered Paul, and said, Wilt thou go up to Jerusalem, and there be judged of these things before me? Then said Paul, I stand at Caesar's judgment seat, where I ought to be judged: to the Jews have I done no wrong, as thou very well knowest.

In that way Christ the Holy Spirt has sat in the judgment seat and poured out His Spirit on the Son of man, dying flesh and blood, in jeopardy of His own Spirit life, The power of his labor of loved a work of his faithfulness .

Matthew 23:1-3King James Version23 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples ,Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Not a literal seat in that "parable." Comparing the temporal dying things of men seen to the eternal things of God not seen

The judgments of "the quick and the dead" were not going to take place in the same location.

The Lake of Fire conditions / the "Second Death" took place for the physical city of Jerusalem in AD 70. The city and its temple quite literally all went up in flames - for the second time since it had first been burned up in 586 BC under the Babylonians. Death and Hell (the grave) came to plague and overcome the city on both occasions, as Isaiah 28:14-19 had predicted for 586 BC, and Revelation 20:14 predicted for AD 70 for a second and final time for the besieged inhabitants of Jerusalem.

God sent a judgment of literal fire over the cities of Israel for the duration of that Roman / Zealot war from AD 66-70, culminating in the fiery destruction of the city of Jerusalem. That is the imagery of the angel taking coals from the altar in heaven and casting it upon the land of Israel in Revelation 8:5, just prior to the seven trumpets beginning to sound.

Christ Jesus had once said, "I am come to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!" (Luke 12:49). Christ Jesus could hardly wait to burn up the "weak and beggarly" elements of the OC worship system, and have Himself manifested as the unrivaled Great High Priest King over all the earth.

Paul also wrote about God sending "flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall be punished with everlasting destruction" (not torment) "from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power, when He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day." (2 Thess. 1:8-10). This was a flaming fire of vengeance on their enemies which the first-century generation of Thessalonian believers themselves would live to see and admire.

This earthly judgment of vengeance with punishment and fiery destruction on the land of Israel and its cities is totally separate from the glorified saints being "presented faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 24). In the judgment of rewards for those in a perfected state of resurrected glorification, they would be enabled to dwell with those "everlasting burnings" emerging from before the presence of God's throne (as Isaiah 33:14-17 described that state of blessedness in heaven for the righteous).

The Lake of Fire conditions / the "Second Death" took place for the physical city of Jerusalem in AD 70.
7And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison...10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire.

That was a pretty fast 1,000 years.

That was a pretty fast 1,000 years.
Fast? What are you talking about? The millennium lasted a literal thousand years, which expired with the "First resurrection" of Christ the First-fruits and the Matthew 27:52-53 saints in AD 33 (those Matt. 27 saints being the Rev. 20:5 "remnant of the dead" which came to life again at the end of the millennium). Satan was loosed for only a "short time" in AD 33 after being cast out of heaven down to earth with his devils, to once again deceive the nations for a "little season". That's why we have the NT warnings about Satan walking about like a roaring lion at that time, seeking those he could devour, and taking some captive at his will.

That "little season" (after the millennium had already ended in AD 33) was concluded with Satan and his devils and the unclean spirits being imprisoned in the city of Jerusalem from AD 66 until AD 70 when they were all destroyed by God in that location. Satan and his devils were a major part of the tormenting conditions which plagued the city of Jerusalem during those years of "Great Tribulation".

Last edited:
Fast? What are you talking about? The millennium lasted a literal thousand years, which expired with the "First resurrection" of Christ the First-fruits and the Matthew 27:52-53 saints in AD 33 (those Matt. 27 saints being the Rev. 20:5 "remnant of the dead" which came to life again at the end of the millennium). Satan was loosed for only a "short time" in AD 33 after being cast out of heaven down to earth with his devils, to once again deceive the nations for a "little season". That's why we have the NT warnings about Satan walking about like a roaring lion at that time, seeking those he could devour, and taking some captive at his will.

That "little season" (after the millennium had already ended in AD 33) was concluded with Satan and his devils and the unclean spirits being imprisoned in the city of Jerusalem from AD 66 until AD 70 when they were all destroyed by God in that location. Satan and his devils were a major part of the tormenting conditions which plagued the city of Jerusalem during those years of "Great Tribulation".
Wow, that's pretty much out there.

No way would anyone read the bible and come up with that.

Back