• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Where was the Sabbath Abolished?

It still astounds me when professed "Christians" claim Christ but don't accept His Word as written. They do everything possible to twist His Words, re-interpret His Words, and when that fails, they reject His Word outright.

Psalms 19:1 says, "The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul"

There is nothing else in Scripture that does that. Even Peter agrees with the purpose of the Law of Moses/God:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23.

When Peter wrote this there was only the Hebrew Scriptures of LAW, Psalms, and Prophets. The NT wasn't bible yet.

So, if the Law of the Lord converts the soul and Gentiles have abolished the Law, then there is nothing to convert the soul.
Let me ask you, do you actually read and study the Scriptures alone of do you rely on commentaries and other works by men because it shows.
Until and unless you repent, there is nothing left to say to you.

It still astounds me when professed "Christians" claim Christ but don't accept His Word as written.
Me too.

That is why I am astounded when I see the whole of scripture is ignored and selected verses (usually removed from their contexts) are abused in neglect of the whole. It's also why I am often astounded when a passage is posted, and a reader ignores it and posts things completely opposite of what is plainly stated in scripture.

Three New Testament texts were posted plainly stating the Law was abolished/anulled/abrogated for various reason in at least two conditions for the saint. At least two other texts and the example of the NT writers were posted in affirmation of the Law persisting in other conditions. Not a single word of embellishment or "interpretation" was added. Each was treated exactly as written.

YOU did not accept any of them as written. They are all sitting in the thread ignored and unaddressed by the guy who says he's astounded when that happens.
It still astounds me when professed "Christians" claim Christ but don't accept His Word as written.
Yeah, me, too.

When Peter wrote this there was only the Hebrew Scriptures of LAW, Psalms, and Prophets. The NT wasn't bible yet.
Hebrew scriptures? Sounds like a wile of the devil

Was Rahab the prophetess Hebrew or Abel? ? I think you meant the law of God. God is not a Hebrew man.

Until and unless you repent, there is nothing left to say to you.
The Scripture says, "The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul." and you don't believe it because the Constantinian Gentile theology you've been fed taught you the lie that the Law, which is necessary for conversion which without it no conversions can take place, was abolished. Well, Scripture refutes that false teaching present in the Gentile churches.

God says, "The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul."

Why would Gentiles contradict the LORD and teach that the very same Law which 'is perfect and converts the soul' has been abolished. As King David said, 'the Law of God is perfect and converts the soul.
Why do Gentiles teach the removal of an instrument of conversion which is the Word of God?
And that's only ONE of many false teachings in the Constantinian Gentile church today. They pretty much are dismantling the Lord's salvation plan and purpose.

Me too.

That is why I am astounded when I see the whole of scripture is ignored and selected verses (usually removed from their contexts) are abused in neglect of the whole. It's also why I am often astounded when a passage is posted, and a reader ignores it and posts things completely opposite of what is plainly stated in scripture.
Are you addressing this comment to me?
If so, prove it.

Hebrew scriptures? Sounds like a wile of the devil
Yahweh is the Author of the Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets.
Your statement assigns evil for good.
There is a woeful curse upon anyone that does or says such a thing.
Be careful.
Was Rahab the prophetess Hebrew or Abel? ? I think you meant the law of God. God is not a Hebrew man.
Rahab was a prophetess in anticipating the children of Israel's occupation of the land.
The Law of God, the Law of Moses. Same thing.

Yahweh is the Author of the Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets.
Your statement assigns evil for good.
There is a woeful curse upon anyone that does or says such a thing.
Be carefulGod is not Hebrew man as dying mankind any more than He is gentile .Trying to make God the Faithful Creator into a dying creation reeks evil It the foundation for Kings in israel .Remember God gave over the atheist Jews to do that she should not until the time of the first century reformation
Thanks for the reply .

You would have to prove God is Hebrew.

Jesus our brother in the Lord of his dying Jewish says it profits for nothing many Jews walked away when ther heard dying flsh profits for zero What did he mean his flesh profits for zero it the eternal Spirit that gives words of life? Was he confused?

Catholicism agrees with you, a hope dying Jewish flesh count for something in even a little. What do you say?

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

We can actually study together having the same source of faith .The living written word (sola scriptura)

Can we discuss the foundation of the reformation below .Or will you ignore it again and pretend there was no reformation ?

Four simple questions. ???

Take your time and study .No time limit in learning things by seeking the authority of God called rightly dividing .Our Holy Father infallibly informs us in Philipian 1: 6 If he has began the good teaching work in us he will continue to our last breath .No time limit on knowing God ? Sola scriptura open book test.

God is not Hebrew or Greek male nor female

1 Samuel 8: 4 Then all the elders of (atheist ) Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,

#1 why did they gather themselves together not called by God like the other Israel (born again) that were called by God . ?

1 Samuel 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

#2 why in there jealousy of al the surroundings pagan nations did they want a dying king lording it over their faith or understanding?

1 Samuel 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.

#3 Why did it displease the apostle Samuel?

1 Samuel 8:7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

#4 Why did the atheist Israel. . . remember not all Israel is born again Israel which today are Christians The same aplies not all who name themselves Christians are born again Christians literally meaning residents of the heavenly city Christ the husband of the bride .

The new promised (Isaiah 62)name he named His bride in Acts Christian. It seems clear that faithless Israel had no desire coming from our invisible Holy Father. He lovingly commanded them what to believe as to whom.The Spirit of Christ(the husband) works in those born again . Yoked with Christ labor of love. His loving commandments are not burdensome .

Why dying Jewish King of kings ? God inform us not to look to the flesh of any nation . . . . mankind as King of kings and and not Christ in us .he humbles the proud giving grace to the humble ?

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Romans 11:26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

You could say Jacob the other unfaithful wife, unredeemed or divorced Israel . . .not married to the heavenly land "all the nations of the dying world"not this dying land ;

(Isaiah 62) King James Version For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name. Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Yes

I already have and ALL the many posts containing piles of scripture have been ignored.
I see. No, you haven't.
But I have proven you are a false accuser and when called upon to bring your proof in Christ you balk and make up things like you do above.
And you have priors. I read how LaDodger6 checked you on your behavior and character.
You have character flaws, and this is very disturbing especially as a Mod lording it over the flock.
That's fine. Don't bring proof to support your NEW accusation.

The Scripture says, "The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul." and you don't believe it because the Constantinian Gentile theology you've been fed taught you the lie that the Law, which is necessary for conversion which without it no conversions can take place, was abolished. Well, Scripture refutes that false teaching present in the Gentile churches.

God says, "The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul."

Why would Gentiles contradict the LORD and teach that the very same Law which 'is perfect and converts the soul' has been abolished. As King David said, 'the Law of God is perfect and converts the soul.
Why do Gentiles teach the removal of an instrument of conversion which is the Word of God?
And that's only ONE of many false teachings in the Constantinian Gentile church today. They pretty much are dismantling the Lord's salvation plan and purpose.
Whose law, the law of a dying Jew or perfect law our Living God?

You are confusing the two kinds of laws ? Satan the spirit of error the spirit of this world would make it one in the same .

laws of dying mankind? or one God. . the perfect law . .the just and or yoked with justifier.

Acts 22 3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was (falsely) zealous toward God, as ye all are this day. And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.

Then born again of the Spirit of Christ Paul is used to show the other kind of a law of the father not legion of fathers as patrons saints gods male and female .

Born again Paul had become #1 on the most wanted dead or alive Paul had joined another sect wanted tojufgde Paul by a I heard itthroughthefather grape vine orl traditon of dying mankind

Acts 24:5-6 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

They tried to prove sola scriptura (all things written in the law and prophecy) was the heresy or oral tradition of men.

Born again Paul turned inspiration right side up coming down like rain not rising from dying earthly Jerusalem or Rome He worshiped the one Holy Father of all earthly fathers . Not a legion of dead fathers as if it was our one Holy Father.

We can pray one manner our Holy Father not seen he has plenty of power to work to the good pleasure of his eternal will

Acts24: 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets

They walked away faithless no faith not little none. . that could please our Holy Father They shot their own foot needing names God has already named to cary on the succession of dying mankind oral traditions like the the word Mary or Peter. Our brothers and sisters in the lord

But I have proven you are a false accuser and when called upon to bring your proof in Christ you balk and make up things like you do above.
I would be carefull It would seems you are using your own private interptation or personal commentary as a accuser or law of dying mankind .

There must be heresies (opinions) as divisions sects of families amongst us in that way His kingdom does not come by observing the temporal dying flesh His word must be rightly divided It's not what earthly family I come from but is more to invisible Holy adopting Father, working in us, with us by which we can cry out Abba Holy Father.

.2 Peter 1:19-21King James Version19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit moves dying men. .dead men can't move Him

Whose law, the law of a dying Jew or perfect law our Living God?

You are confusing the two kinds of laws ? Satan the spirit of error the spirit of this world would make it one in the same .

laws of dying mankind? or one God. . the perfect law . .the just and or yoked with justifier.

Acts 22 3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was (falsely) zealous toward God, as ye all are this day. And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.

Then born again of the Spirit of Christ Paul is used to show the other kind of a law of the father not legion of fathers as patrons saints gods male and female .

Born again Paul had become #1 on the most wanted dead or alive Paul had joined another sect wanted tojufgde Paul by a I heard itthroughthefather grape vine orl traditon of dying mankind

Acts 24:5-6 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

They tried to prove sola scriptura (all things written in the law and prophecy) was the heresy or oral tradition of men.

Born again Paul turned inspiration right side up coming down like rain not rising from dying earthly Jerusalem or Rome He worshiped the one Holy Father of all earthly fathers . Not a legion of dead fathers as if it was our one Holy Father.

We can pray one manner our Holy Father not seen he has plenty of power to work to the good pleasure of his eternal will

Acts24: 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets

They walked away faithless no faith not little none. . that could please our Holy Father They shot their own foot needing names God has already named to cary on the succession of dying mankind oral traditions like the the word Mary or Peter. Our brothers and sisters in the lord
There's only one Law.
The Law of Moses.

I see. No, you haven't.
Posts prove otherwise.
And you have priors. I read how LaDodger6 checked you on your behavior and character.
You have character flaws, and this is very disturbing especially as a Mod lording it over the flock.
Nice ad hominem (and I am not a mod).

• The epistles never mention the sabbath. That is a fact. I have broached that fact many times and it has never been addressed.
  • Romans 14 states we have liberty to honor one day above another or not as long as we do so to God and don't judge others. Those are facts clearly stated in Romans 14. I have broached that point multiple times and not once has that matter been addressed.
  • I have also pointed out the demonstrable, repeated practice of emphasizing the OT over the NT and the selective use of the OT and the gospels in neglect of the epistolary, and all the post-Calvary and none of it has ever been engaged.

The proof is right here in this thread!
I see. No, you haven't.
Posts prove otherwise.
Are you addressing this comment to me? If so, prove it.

Yes. I already have and ALL the many posts containing piles of scripture have been ignored.

I see. No, you haven't.
Posts prove otherwise.
I'm an evil cretin and you're perfect in all your understanding. Got it.

Now.... Can you and will you address the silence of the epistles, the Romans 14 text, and conditions post-Calvary or not? And can you do it without ever mentioning my person?

There's only one Law.
The Law of Moses.
Scripture says otherwise.

Romans 7:22-8:2
For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Acts 13:38-39
Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.

• Law of Moses.
  • Law of sin and death.
  • Law of the Spirit of life.

Was God's command in Genesis 1:28 a law? How about the command uttered in Genesis 3:3? Was that a law?

There's only one Law.
The Law of Moses.
Moses the apostle that was sent with the word of God.the gospel of our salvation Just like any apostle sent with the gospel like that of Abel or Rehab?

The law of Moses (God's law) is accorrising to the letter "death". Thou shall not or you're already dead .

The prophets using Elias to represent all of the prophets the spirit of the law grace or called the law of faith (Christ's)

The two witness that one God has spoken. The law and its testimony of grace prophecy (sola scriptura)

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Mark 9:4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

God communing with dying mankind Jesus .

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men (Moses and Elisa) is true.

If the Old Covenant 7th day Sabbath command was still to be obeyed by all Christians, then there would be at least one example from the New Covenant that it is still binding. However, there are none.

It's interesting how all the other 9 commands from the Decalogue are repeated in the New Covenant for the Christian to obey, but the one command that SDA's and others focus on is absent.
There are many examples of it being observed in the NT by Jesus and the Apostles.

Don't forget Christ's followers observed it after His death on the Cross in Luke 23:54-56.

Pretty significant.

In light of that, I don't see how any professed Christian today can believe we are to disregard it.

All Jews just like all gentiles were born under the law "thou shall not." All have sinned and continue to fall short of His glory all the days of one life . That demonstration was reserved for the Son of man, Jesus during the three days and nights promised demonstration

Israel are God chosen people.(Mankind) not chosen race different meanings God chose them to show as a sign to all the nations how he works in the affairs of mankind using the temporal (outward Jew) demonstrate to us his invisible power working faithfully in believer, to both give them ears to hear his understanding and a new spirit of desire to perform it to our Holy Fathers good pleasure

When some like Aaron two sons who made the decision to join the priesthood added their own personal cologne(strange fire) adding to the loving commandment. not to add or subtract from his recipe. . . they violated it .

The recipe for sweet savour unto the Lord. He will share it with anyone. he doesn't have a line of men's cologne

Leviticus 2 And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take thereout his handful of the flour thereof, and of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof; and the priest shall burn the memorial of it upon the altar, to be an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the Lord:

The sweet savour cologne

Because they were Jews who were born under the Law (Galatians 4:4)
Uh no. That wouldn't account for the fact that Jesus created the 10 Commandments (Jn. 1:1,3, 14) ...

...taught them (Matt. 5:19-20; 23:1-3) ...

...obeyed them all (John 15:10) ...

...and His closest followers (the first CHRISTIANS) obeyed them after His death (Lk. 23:54-56).

None of that has anything at all to do with anybody's race or pre-Christian religion.

Uh no. That wouldn't account for the fact that Jesus created the 10 Commandments (Jn. 1:1,3, 14) ...

U, yes.

That ignores the fact that the Old Covenant commands (all of them) have been abrogated.
You dodged Hebrews 8:13.
Try again.

...taught them (Matt. 5:19-20; 23:1-3) ...

...obeyed them all (John 15:10) ...

...and His closest followers (the first CHRISTIANS) obeyed them after His death (Lk. 23:54-56).

None of that has anything at all to do with anybody's race or pre-Christian religion.

All before the beginning of the NT Church (cf. Acts 2:4).

Back