• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Sabbath or Sunday? What did Jesus teach & show in scripture?

His law is not numerable, ten represent the whole law of God. Called the book of law. Not the book of theories

We walk or are given the understanding of God by, the faith of Christ the unseen eternal things of God.

When God hewn out the first two tablets using two to represent the witness God has spoken .With his finger he wrote them on both side (no room for oral traditions of dying mankind.)

The first set was destroyed to reveal the wrath of God from heaven

Moses the prophet, apostle did he was instructed or moved. The second time Moses hew out the two tablets The law and the testimony . or old and new .Then again on both side God wrote them with his finger .

Nothing can be added to the perfect .
In Deuteronomy 5:31-33, Moses wrote down everything that God commanded without departing from it, so all of the Mosaic Law was commanded by God not just the Ten Commandments, though all of the Mosaic Law is essentially expounding upon the five principles of the Ten Commandments.

He did so because He was born under the Law (Galatians 4:4).

All the Old Covenant commands are obsolete.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.

1. BDAG (3rd Edition): treat the first covenant as obsolete Hb 8:13a (palaioō, page 751).
2. Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Based on Semantic Domains: to cause to become old and obsolete, and hence no longer valid -'to make old, to make out of date.' 'by speaking of a new covenant, he has made the first one out of date' He 8.13 (67:103, palaioō, page 643, J. P. Louw and Eugene Nida).
3. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): by setting up the new covenant God has declared the old to be outdated. God Himself cancels its validity (5:720, palaioō, Seesemann).
Great! Now I don't have to worry about having other gods before me or taking the Lord's Name is vain, among others.

Great! Now I don't have to worry about having other gods before me or taking the Lord's Name is vain, among others.

Would taking his the name in vain apply to Christians as gods? Like the office of a Pope.

As Christians he calls us sons of God (many gods") . let no Christian as a son of God take the Holy Father name in vain . No other gods even our favorite Bible teachers.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Jesus the Son of man set the example . . . giving glory to the invisible head of the church, eternal God

Mark 10 ;17-18 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

God first . . . . . . .not sons of God they as children of light reflect his glory. . . not a source glory, the Father alone.

Would taking his the name in vain apply to Christians as gods? Like the office of a Pope.

As Christians he calls us sons of God (many gods") . let no Christian as a son of God take the Holy Father name in vain . No other gods even our favorite Bible teachers.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Jesus the Son of man set the example . . . giving glory to the invisible head of the church, eternal God

Mark 10 ;17-18 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

God first . . . . . . .not sons of God they as children of light reflect his glory. . . not a source glory, the Father alone.
Far out, man.

See Romans 1:25 and 1 Timothy 6:1.

Simple.
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 1:25.

1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. 1 Tim. 6:1.

Are you trying to tell ME something?
I think you should apply them to yourself. I'm not the one who arbitrarily dictates to Jehovah whether or not His covenants exist, or humans have abolished them.
Right off the bat I can tell you are infected with Constantinian Gentile beliefs of the past 1900 years, beliefs that are tied to false doctrine and heresy.

First, you are Gentile and as Gentile your ethnicity was NEVER under the Law.
Second, if you've never been under the Law who do you think you are to dictate to Israel of twelve tribes whether their covenants exist or are abolished? Get your own Gentile 'home' in order before you try to get someone else's home in order because it's hypocrisy of the highest order not to mention extreme arrogance.

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 1:25.

1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. 1 Tim. 6:1.

Are you trying to tell ME something?

Those are commands from the New Covenant.

Simple.

He did so because He was born under the Law (Galatians 4:4).

All the Old Covenant commands are obsolete.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.

1. BDAG (3rd Edition): treat the first covenant as obsolete Hb 8:13a (palaioō, page 751).
2. Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Based on Semantic Domains: to cause to become old and obsolete, and hence no longer valid -'to make old, to make out of date.' 'by speaking of a new covenant, he has made the first one out of date' He 8.13 (67:103, palaioō, page 643, J. P. Louw and Eugene Nida).
3. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): by setting up the new covenant God has declared the old to be outdated. God Himself cancels its validity (5:720, palaioō, Seesemann).
And what does He ask of us, to transgress the Law?

Based on what passage?
Hi thanks I would offer.

Based on all of the old testament ceremonial shadow to the unbelieving world. They became sight at the time of the first century reformation And God added one new ceremonial shadow made up of two kinds of witnesses to His unseen glory. The wedding supper in the new heavens and earth, then the vail will be lifted as the husband kisses the bride .

Back