• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What does "Deity of Christ" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you tom say the "Him" in Luke 24:52 is not in reference to Jesus is ludicrous.

Remember Jesus the Son of man is sent by the Holy Father Christ. The Son of man, called an apostle as a sent messenger brings the good news of the Holy Father .Not the news of dying mankind oral traditions as philosophies of men The words Jesus as any apostle spoke were inspired by the Holy Father who dwells in all the sons of God, Christians

Jesus the Son of man dying mankind would never sit in the place of worship and have mankind bow down to dying flesh.He I believe would never say look at me I am the one good teaching master ( the fall of mankind the foundation surely you will not die lokat miy beauty and live forever. The fathers of lies oral traditions of dying mankind a murder from the beginning

Mark 10:16-18 King James Version And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Bowing down to the temporal things seen. Blasphemy, the abomination of desolation making desolate the living word without effect so that dying mankind can serve the master of flesh . . . the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh the false pride builders .

The Him, Father, He below belong the the unseen Holy Father None is accredited to the dying flesh of mankind His living word still living in the hearts of those yoked with his labor of love

Luke 24 :49-53 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Genesis:4-5 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The first recorded lie of the father of lies a murderer from that beginning. Serial murderer today. . sending out Cain a false prophet to spread his lies

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Genesis 4:8-9 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, (given words from the father of lies the spirit of error I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

God the Faithful Creator is not a Jewish man .

God never commanded anyone to worship Jesus as God in the Bible, Jesus never commanded anyone to worship him as God in the Bible, none of the examples of Jesus being bowed to in are context of him being God, and where Jesus prescribed worship he said to give it to the Father in "spirit and truth."

The kind of bowing down to that you are describing isn't the kind of "worship" God is seeking. God doesn't need nor desire your appearance of humility and submission, but rather your genuine, sincere, devotion of a life of sacrifice given in worship.

John 4​
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”​
Romans 1​
1Therefore I urge you, brothers, on account of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
Philippians 2​
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,​
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,​
to the glory of God the Father.
The Bible says people worshipped Jesus. Like Thomas, who said to him, "My Lord and my God". Therefore, Jesus accepted worship. Otherwise, he would have rebuked anybody that did it to him, like the angel who told John in Revelation not to bow down to him.

The Bible says people worshipped Jesus. Like Thomas, who said to him, "My Lord and my God". Therefore, Jesus accepted worship. Otherwise, he would have rebuked anybody that did it to him, like the angel who told John in Revelation not to bow down to him.

You might find this thread interesting from CARM. At least it will give you an idea what the Poster view on John 20:28.

Seems you want to play a game of "my book against your book" as I already stated a buzzword is a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context. It's in the Oxford Languages dictionary. Deal with it.
The disconnect is that you do not know what "in a particular" context is referring to when a dictionary is giving the definition of the word. If you would pay attention to the context of the definition you would see it. It does not mean any ole context as every thing has a context. The word particular also has a definition. It you actually study the first definition I posted and the links, you should be able to understand what is being said by particular context. This is probably true in the definition you gave which was not a full definition of what was available to you on whatever site you took it from as you did not even actually copy/paste it but only took what you erroneously thought proved your point. You have a very bad habit of doing that no matter what point you are trying to prove. Seeing one part and jumping to a conclusion. It makes it look like you seldom know what you are talking about, but are simply bickering and chattering. I am only trying to help here as I suspect you are simply a product of our shameful education system.

Here. Let me try again.
From dictionary.cambridge A word or expression from a particular subject area that has become fashionable by being used a lot, especially on television and in the newspapers.

Technical fields have theirs. The education system has theirs. Politics has theirs. The media has theirs, etc. "Diversity" for example has become a buzzword in education and politics.

From collins dictionary.com A buzzword is a word or expression that has become fashionable in a particular field and is being uses a lot by the media.

In British English---a word originating in a particular jargon, that becomes a vogue word in the community as a whole or among a particular group.

Buzzwords often have little or no meaning. So in your definition "a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context"; and then make "worship" a buzzword because it is in the context of the Bible when it is speaking of worship, you are dead wrong and have said a foolish thing. And you do it so you can say that when the Bible tells us to worship Jesus in His exalted state as God, it does not mean worship Him AS God. Something you must do to hold onto the non-deity of Christ. Otherwise you would be worshiping two Gods.

So when your definition says "in a particular context" it applies in equally the same way as the "particular time". The buzz word is confined to a particular thing or idea or field. That is the particular context.

You can either quietly learn this lesson (meaning I would never expect you to humble yourself to publicly admit it), or you can continue to publicly show a propensity of being unwilling to learn anything. That ego has preeminence. And continue to undermine your own mission, whatever that is.

Yes I read it. Rather than inform you about your non sequitur for several paragraphs, it's better to be constructive with the bits that will help you.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You've proved nothing. You can't refute the Bible using the Bible. And yet you still have nothing about Jesus worshipped as God. As you may be noticing by now, every time you engage me about the Bible I run the field. I have the upper hand and all of the explicit declarations about God, prayer, worship, etc solidly in my corner. I am a Christian.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You've proved nothing. You can't refute the Bible using the Bible. And yet you still have nothing about Jesus worshipped as God. As you may be noticing by now, every time you engage me about the Bible I run the field. I have the upper hand and all of the explicit declarations about God, prayer, worship, etc solidly in my corner. I am a Christian.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Runningman
Here is another question. Be gracious enough to answer it. Does it ever give you pause, that a word like worship is even understood by children with no ambiguity, and yet, here comes a religion that has to make it into a puzzle and find another meaning for it other than its meaning? Have you ever questioned why such a silly thing became of supreme importance in defending that religions teaching on who Jesus is? Why their teaching made it necessary? Put on your thinking cap.

You might find this thread interesting from CARM. At least it will give you an idea what the Poster view on John 20:28.
What is CARM?

Well, it seems to me there are passages in the Bible where Jesus seems to be equal to the rest of us humans, and other passages that seem to make him into deity. And basically there is no way to resolve this (at least not in a Christian forum).

What is CARM?

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.

Well, it seems to me there are passages in the Bible where Jesus seems to be equal to the rest of us humans, and other passages that seem to make him into deity. And basically there is no way to resolve this (at least not in a Christian forum).

Are you struggling to resolve it for yourself or for those who deny the Deity of Christ?
Have you heard of the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union?

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.

Are you struggling to resolve it for yourself or for those who deny the Deity of Christ?
Have you heard of the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union?
You quoted my words and added loads of underlines and capitals etc to it. Why did you do that?

CARM means - Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry. So, I asked you what is that and you abbreviated the acronym for me. Well done. Could you tell me what else it means?

I am not struggling to resolve a paradox anymore than you are. If it is two opposites that cannot be reconciled, nobody, including you, can resolve that.

I have certainly read 100s of theology books talking about the trinity and the hypostatic union, yes. Why do you ask?

Could it be that you might have a superior understanding to all other human beings about how God is a man and not a man at one both and the same time? Congratulations! You must be a genius of infinite proportions that has finally solved the conundrum of ages.

I am not struggling to resolve a paradox anymore than you are. If it is two opposites that cannot be reconciled, nobody, including you, can resolve that.

Such as? Give an example.

I have certainly read 100s of theology books talking about the trinity and the hypostatic union, yes. Why do you ask?

Good. You have heard of the Hypostatic Union doctrine.
Do you believe in the Hypostatic Union?

Could it be that you might have a superior understanding to all other human beings about how God is a man and not a man at one both and the same time? Congratulations! You must be a genius of infinite proportions that has finally solved the conundrum of ages.

What do you mean "God is a man and not a man at one both and the same time"?

Such as? Give an example.

Good. You have heard of the Hypostatic Union doctrine.
Do you believe in the Hypostatic Union?

What do you mean "God is a man and not a man at one both and the same time"?
OK man, I tried. Somehow it failed.

It would be nice if you could have responded normally like a normal human being to what I wrote. But apparently that was not to be.

Ah well, next.

OK man, I tried. Somehow it failed.

It would be nice if you could have responded normally like a normal human being to what I wrote. But apparently that was not to be.

Ah well, next.

Being dismissive. Avoiding the Issue fallacy. Let me know when you are able to answer the questions. Until then, you have nothing substance to offer.

Enjoy your day.

Being dismissive. Avoiding the Issue fallacy. Let me know when you are able to answer the questions. Until then, you have nothing substance to offer.

Enjoy your day.
That's RIDICULOUS. I asked YOU questions and you failed to answer them and now you turn around and say everything I said had no substance! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is funny man! So, what it is is you thought it was substantial which is why you responded to it, and when I kept on saying you said nothing in reply you then turn around and say everything I said was insubstantial! Classic.

Enjoy your day.
By the way, is everything you don't agree with some kind of logical fallacy, even if it isn't?

Here is another question. Be gracious enough to answer it. Does it ever give you pause, that a word like worship is even understood by children with no ambiguity, and yet, here comes a religion that has to make it into a puzzle and find another meaning for it other than its meaning? Have you ever questioned why such a silly thing became of supreme importance in defending that religions teaching on who Jesus is? Why their teaching made it necessary? Put on your thinking cap.
Yes, children understand and accept John 4 with grace and ease. It's your religion that has turned the simplicity and purity of Christianity into something it is not.

Only worship the Father:

John 4​
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”​

Only pray to the Father:

Matt 6​
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.​
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.​

The Father is the only true God:

John 17​
1When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2For You granted Him authority over all people,a so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.​

The disconnect
No disconnect, on my end. The definition for buzzword in the Oxford is a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context. Why this is such an important thing for you to split hairs over is beyond me.

The Bible has buzzwords like worship or works. Worship, literally a prostration before someone or something, is not necessarily an indicator or deity. It was given to people of high, rank, status, etc. Yes, it's also given to God, but Jesus was never worshipped as God. Perhaps if you can find even one verse that says otherwise you would have a point. So far you have, quite frankly, just a lot of your commentary.

Why "worship" is a buzzword is you make the error of connecting it directly to deity when it is mentioned. The double standard you hold was already exposed to illustrate to the readers that when Jesus is worshipped as the Son of God you use that as a evidence of deity, but when Nath worshipped a king you said it doesn't mean the king is God.

buzzword​

noun

/ˈbʌzwɜːd/

/ˈbʌzwɜːrd/
(also buzz phrase

/ˈbʌz freɪz/

/ˈbʌz freɪz/
)
  1. a word or phrase, especially one connected with a particular subject, that has become fashionable and popular and is used a lot in newspapers, etc.

Last edited:
No disconnect, on my end. The definition for buzzword in the Oxford is a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context. Why this is such an important thing for you to split hairs over is beyond me.
I am not splitting hairs over it. It came up because you said "worshiped" in Luke 24:51-53 was a buzzword. A ridiculous thing to say that showed you just go around borrowing words from other people I guess because you recognize the weight they carry, or you like the sound of them, while not having a clue what they mean. You are splitting hairs and reinforcing ignorance, by being unable to back away from your position, no matter how obtuse it is. You couldn't even back off when I gave you the option of silently letting it go. (That means saying no more about it.) Instead you chose option two. Bottom of Post #204
The Bible has buzzwords like worship or works.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Those aren't buzzwords! They are words with definitions that are used when the author intends to use them in order to say what they are saying. Learn what critical thinking is, and how to put it into practice. I admit, that would take away all your strawman arguments, and all the pretense and posturing out of your incessant arguing; it would require actual work and study, maybe even open your eyes and mind to learn. But in the long run, you would be doing yourself and the rest of us a great good.

Yes, children understand and accept John 4 with grace and ease. It's your religion that has turned the simplicity and purity of Christianity into something it is not.
What does John 4 have to do with it? We were talking about children understanding that worship means worship as in "You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you worship." Do you really think that people won't notice when you deflect like this to avoid answering the questions asked? And if it says in Luke 24:51-53 that the disciples worshiped Jesus as He ascended back to the Father, that "worshiped" there is not just a buzzword, but means the same thing as it does in the commandment?
John 423But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”
Are these buzzwords?
The Father is the only true God:
Yes. Have I said otherwise? Have you forgotten what I told you concerning Jesus as one of us calling God Father?

There are no examples in the Bible of Jesus being worshiped before His ascension. And no one is claiming that. The issue is that we as His people, having been purchased a people for God by His blood, having risen from the grave and returned to the glory that He had before (John 16:4-5, that you cut off from the verses 1,2,3 that you quoted)His earthly work as Son of Man complete---now we are to worship Him as He is. Son of God. Our Redeemer God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back