• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What does "Deity of Christ" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not splitting hairs over it. It came up because you said "worshiped" in Luke 24:51-53 was a buzzword.
I wasn't speaking directly about those verses, but in general.

A ridiculous thing to say that showed you just go around borrowing words from other people I guess because you recognize the weight they carry, or you like the sound of them, while not having a clue what they mean.
Or perhaps you're talking about it a lot because if the word worship is a buzzword that carries baggage with it that doesn't lend evidence to deity in every context then you lose a point.

You are splitting hairs and reinforcing ignorance, by being unable to back away from your position, no matter how obtuse it is. You couldn't even back off when I gave you the option of silently letting it go. (That means saying no more about it.) Instead you chose option two. Bottom of Post #204
Why would I back off of that when I don't need to? I stand by all of my words and don't say anything idly. I have already proven what an accepted definition of buzzword is. I'm not going moving on this point.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Those aren't buzzwords! They are words with definitions that are used when the author intends to use them in order to say what they are saying. Learn what critical thinking is, and how to put it into practice. I admit, that would take away all your strawman arguments, and all the pretense and posturing out of your incessant arguing; it would require actual work and study, maybe even open your eyes and mind to learn. But in the long run, you would be doing yourself and the rest of us a great good.
Worship is a buzzword though. It doesn't always mean someone is being worshipped "as God" despite popular opinion on the matter. I am aware trinitarian churches have turned it into a word that automatically refers to deity, but it doesn't. It's just rhetoric used to influence an audience by using words and phrases with strong connotations. It's propaganda.

Why I like this subject is because it's easy to expose as erroneous by using other examples in the bible where worship has absolutely nothing to do with deity.

What does John 4 have to do with it? We were talking about children understanding that worship means worship as in "You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you worship." Do you really think that people won't notice when you deflect like this to avoid answering the questions asked? And if it says in Luke 24:51-53 that the disciples worshiped Jesus as He ascended back to the Father, that "worshiped" there is not just a buzzword, but means the same thing as it does in the commandment?

Are these buzzwords?

Yes. Have I said otherwise? Have you forgotten what I told you concerning Jesus as one of us calling God Father?

There are no examples in the Bible of Jesus being worshiped before His ascension. And no one is claiming that. The issue is that we as His people, having been purchased a people for God by His blood, having risen from the grave and returned to the glory that He had before (John 16:4-5, that you cut off from the verses 1,2,3 that you quoted)His earthly work as Son of Man complete---now we are to worship Him as He is. Son of God. Our Redeemer God.
Just comes off as an attempt to muddy the waters by spending a lot of time splitting hairs over what words mean. The important thing is what the Bible says which is why I keep trying to direct the conversation back to that.

Just comes off as an attempt to muddy the waters by spending a lot of time splitting hairs over what words mean. The important thing is what the Bible says which is why I keep trying to direct the conversation back to that.
Actually I am trying to unmuddy them. But if you are trying to direct the conversation back to the Bible, why do you still not answer the questions that were back to the Bible? Instead of posting this.

I wasn't speaking directly about those verses, but in general.
It was those verses that caused you to call "worshiped" a buzzword. So what does worshiped mean in Luke 24:51-53?
Or perhaps you're talking about it a lot because if the word worship is a buzzword that carries baggage with it that doesn't lend evidence to deity in every context then you lose a point.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Troll.
Worship is a buzzword though.

Download Dunce Cap Art - Dot Emoji,Free Dunce Cap Emoticon For Facebook ...

I am aware trinitarian churches have turned it into a word that automatically refers to deity, but it doesn't. It's just rhetoric used to influence an audience by using words and phrases with strong connotations. It's propaganda.
Now "worship" in the Bible is propaganda, rhetoric trying to influence an audience. Time to put the shovel down. The Bible actually says we are to worship only God, so when His word tells us to worship Jesus, and when the risen and resurrected Jesus accepts worship, worship to One as God is what it is.

It was those verses that caused you to call "worshiped" a buzzword. So what does worshiped mean in Luke 24:51-53?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Troll.

Download Dunce Cap Art - Dot Emoji,Free Dunce Cap Emoticon For Facebook ...

Now "worship" in the Bible is propaganda, rhetoric trying to influence an audience. Time to put the shovel down. The Bible actually says we are to worship only God, so when His word tells us to worship Jesus, and when the risen and resurrected Jesus accepts worship, worship to One as God is what it is.
Pretty difficult to take you seriously since at this point you have completely ceased talking about the Bible in any meaningful sense and have resorted to ad hominem. I will take that as your defeat.

Pretty difficult to take you seriously since at this point you have completely ceased talking about the Bible in any meaningful sense and have resorted to ad hominem. I will take that as your defeat.
What about asking you a question on the verse in question, Luke 24:51-53 equals ceasing talking about the Bible in any meaningful sense?

And how is identifying one as a troll when all their interaction exhibits the behavior of a troll, ad hominem? I was not attacking your character but revealing your actions.

Another trollish behavior is misrepresenting a person by saying they have ceased talking about the Bible in any meaningful sense when that is not the case, then claiming to carry the winning flag (which also reveals that a person has the motive of winning an argument, and therefore instigating an argument, rather than having a discussion about the Bible), as a way to avoid answering a legitimate question.

So my meaningful Bible related question is, "What does worship mean in Luke 24:51-53?"

"It is a buzzword." is not an answer, which is the one you gave originally. So in those scriptures, and in their context, what does worship mean? What was the intended meaning of Luke when He wrote it?

What about asking you a question on the verse in question, Luke 24:51-53 equals ceasing talking about the Bible in any meaningful sense?

And how is identifying one as a troll when all their interaction exhibits the behavior of a troll, ad hominem? I was not attacking your character but revealing your actions.

Another trollish behavior is misrepresenting a person by saying they have ceased talking about the Bible in any meaningful sense when that is not the case, then claiming to carry the winning flag (which also reveals that a person has the motive of winning an argument, and therefore instigating an argument, rather than having a discussion about the Bible), as a way to avoid answering a legitimate question.

So my meaningful Bible related question is, "What does worship mean in Luke 24:51-53?"

"It is a buzzword." is not an answer, which is the one you gave originally. So in those scriptures, and in their context, what does worship mean? What was the intended meaning of Luke when He wrote it?
Is trollish behavior positing pictures of a dunce and calling someone a troll when they are not? As you can see, I use this forum to discuss the Bible and other related topics. Your disagreement with what words means doesn't justify you to talk down to people, call them a troll, send them pictures of a person in a dunce cap, etc.

You, as an admin, need to be above this sort of behavior this sort of classless behavior in order to maintain your objectivity on a matter. Otherwise, you are part of the problem or are the problem. @Carbon

Is trollish behavior positing pictures of a dunce and calling someone a troll when they are not? As you can see, I use this forum to discuss the Bible and other related topics. Your disagreement with what words means doesn't justify you to talk down to people, call them a troll, send them pictures of a person in a dunce cap, etc.

You, as an admin, need to be above this sort of behavior this sort of classless behavior in order to maintain your objectivity on a matter. Otherwise, you are part of the problem or are the problem. @Carbon
Answer the question!

Sometime having the discussion circling back again and again to the opening debate, as though nothing was ever said or heard by the one that circles it back to the very same statement, gets the better of a person, and they slip. My apologies. But answer the question!

Answer the question!

Sometime having the discussion circling back again and again to the opening debate, as though nothing was ever said or heard by the one that circles it back to the very same statement, gets the better of a person, and they slip. My apologies. But answer the question!
Does the Bible say anywhere, "God is not a man"?

Forms and Transliterations
θεοτητος θεότητος theotetos theotētos theótetos theótētos
It means: "Divine bodily."

Forms and Transliterations

θειοτης θειότης theiotes theiotēs theiótes theiótēs
It means: "Divine nature."

Does the Bible say anywhere, "God is not a man"?

God is not a man: In Numbers 23:19; "God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not a ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam/Man")...

Numbers 23:19
God
is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

Also Here:
Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you.

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 22:44
(The Lord / Yahwah) said to my lord:
"Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

The Catholics altered scriptures to make Christ equal to God. Why? Because the Pope is Christ incarnate. That is why you see contradictions in the bible. Those are the places that the Catholics have tampered with.

God is not a man: In Numbers 23:19; "God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not a ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam/Man")...

Numbers 23:19
God
is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

Also Here:
Hosea 11:9

I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you.

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 22:44
(The Lord / Yahwah) said to my lord:
"Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."
yes and since God is not a man then there is a strong reason to never believe He is, was, or ever will be. Must be why Jesus never claimed to be God and later denied it when either accused or if it needed to be stated.

yes and since God is not a man then there is a strong reason to never believe He is, was, or ever will be. Must be why Jesus never claimed to be God and later denied it when either accused or if it needed to be stated.
Do you believe the Bible is inerrant and infallible?

Your guesswork at it again.
It can seem like guesswork to those who serve another authority other than sola scriptura as to what they call divine oral sacred tradition of dying mankind.

Christian know it is impossible to serve two devine good teaching masters as one Holy Father

According to the Catholic Bible. . .the Book of thier laws of dying men . . the oral tradition "I heard it through the legions of fathers grapevine" . What they must as law of dying men call sacred sacred tradition of dying mankind .

They make the living word of God as second mention in there law below . Which is easy to see why. . seeing they refuse to call no man on earth Holy Father, Holy See, Vicar of Christ, Servant of the servants of God, Primate of Italy, Bishop of Rome, Prince of the Apostles Sovereign of the Vatican City State etc

A legion of patron saints as his and hers gods (3500 and rising) in the likeness of dying mankind

The Catholic Bible as it is written . .

80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal." Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".41

Same divine well-spring, no way Jose

James 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water (judgement) and fresh.(The gospel forgiveness )

It can seem like guesswork to those who serve another authority other than sola scriptura

Was Numbers 23:19 written before or after Jesus was born of Mary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back