• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What does "Deity of Christ" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you need to educate yourself more.
Thanks for the reply ,

About what? Help me out is it about tetragrams?

What is its purpose and who purposes it to begin with?

Is it a secret or mystery ?.

Then don't ask me questions when you previously ignore what I request from you.
Sure, I won't ask you anything. I'll just dictate to you.

Jesus said not to ask him for anything. There goes your "pray to Jesus" mantra blown out of the water. Again.

Oops, Jesus still isn't God.

John 16
23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

You would not accept the Truth.

So it is meanless to talk to you.

Bye.
I have learned to not make the mistake to believe that those who attach their beliefs to the Bible actually believe in all of the Bible. There are people who only believe in specific parts of single verses isolated from context. This has been the basis for countless denominations, sub-denominations, sects, and cults for generations. The proof is all over this thread.

I have learned to not make the mistake to believe that those who attach their beliefs to the Bible actually believe in all of the Bible. There are people who only believe in specific parts of single verses isolated from context. This has been the basis for countless denominations, sub-denominations, sects, and cults for generations. The proof is all over this thread.
Yes, that's why it is meaningless to discuss anything biblical because they don't know what the Bible says.

they are just copying and pasting what their churches are giving them.

they are mocking God and Jesus.

Sure, I won't ask you anything. I'll just dictate to you.

Which you are good at doing all the while ignoring all the evidence that refutes your heresy.

Jesus said not to ask him for anything. There goes your "pray to Jesus" mantra blown out of the water. Again.

Oops, Jesus still isn't God.

John 16
23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

John 16:23
In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

The context has to do with the apostles not asking the Lord Jesus anymore questions concerning His figurative teachings concerning His resurrection. Their understanding will increase when the Holy Spirit would be given unto them. At that time such questions will no longer be asked.

John 16:19 and John 16:23 employ the Greek word erōtaō.
John 16:16-19
(16) A little while, and you will no longer see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me.”
(17) Some of His disciples then said to one another, “What is this thing He is telling us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?”
(18) So they were saying, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know what He is talking about.”
(19) Jesus knew that they wished to question Him, and He said to them, “Are you deliberating together about this, that I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me, and again a little while, and you will see Me’?

Another one of your false teachings just bit the dust.

Which you are good at doing all the while ignoring all the evidence that refutes your heresy.

John 16:23
In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

The context has to do with the apostles not asking the Lord Jesus anymore questions concerning His figurative teachings concerning His resurrection. Their understanding will increase when the Holy Spirit would be given unto them. At that time such questions will no longer be asked.

John 16:19 and John 16:23 employ the Greek word erōtaō.
John 16:16-19
(16) A little while, and you will no longer see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me.”
(17) Some of His disciples then said to one another, “What is this thing He is telling us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?”
(18) So they were saying, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know what He is talking about.”
(19) Jesus knew that they wished to question Him, and He said to them, “Are you deliberating together about this, that I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me, and again a little while, and you will see Me’?

Another one of your false teachings just bit the dust.
You're saying "asking Jesus" is praying then Jesus said "ask me nothing." That means Jesus doesn't want to be prayed to. lol you just can't catch a break. Even God and Jesus are clearly against you.

I wrote "in heaven."

Nice seeing you continually digging a hole for yourself.

See post 98 and 100 at the bottom of the link above.

The List!!
Your claim "asking Jesus is praying to Jesus"

Jesus said "ask me nothing" in John 16:23. Oops, looks like Jesus isn't God.

Jesus taught his disciples to pray to the Father. Then here comes little ole fred along saying "pray to Jesus!" and it doesn't even exist in the Bible. This is too easy. You are a false prophet.

Jesus explicitly prescribed prayer to the Father, the Only True God. He never taught anyone to pray to himself.

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be Your name.

Jesus is never worshipped as God one time in the Bible.

How does one render proskyneō unto the Lord Jesus when He is not in their physical presence?

Luke 24:51-52
(51) And it came to pass, while He blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
(52) And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.

Last edited:
How does one render proskyneō unto the Lord Jesus when He is not in their physical presence?

(51) And it came to pass, while He blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
The Him is the Father the one with blessing power to work in those yoked with his labor of love.

Luke 24: 49-53 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen

He blesses us and not dying mankind .Invisible God departed He returned the the heavenly Jerusalem Some did know Christ who worked in the Son of man Jesus but when he left the possibility of him giving another demonstration of the flesh will not occur

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Worship is a biblical buzzword and it doesn’t imply deity depending on the context. In the context of humans, angels, or others it doesn’t refer to their deity.

Bowing down to isn’t the kind of “worship” God is looking for anyway. God is looking for worship in spirit and truth, which is what Jesus prescribed to the Father, not himself.

Worship is a biblical buzzword and it doesn’t imply deity depending on the context. In the context of humans, angels, or others it doesn’t refer to their deity.
The Bible has buzzwords? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What is the context of those verses @Fred gave that changes worship into something else? And what does it change it to? And do you say that because you think the Savior is a creature, and therefore you have to find a way to change worship into something that isn't worship?

Another question. How can what is not eternal give eternal life if it is not itself eternal? Doesn't Jesus say He is life rather than He has life?

The context shows Jesu was not in their physical presence.
It doesn't say they worshipped Jesus. Notice it also says Jesus was carried to heaven, meaning that someone or something external to himself acted upon him to carry him away. God took Jesus to heaven. They are worshipping God.

Another question. How can what is not eternal give eternal life if it is not itself eternal? Doesn't Jesus say He is life rather than He has life?

1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 1:1-2 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back