• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The New Testament refers to Jesus as "God"

Sure, Christ always does things in accordance with the Father.

But to fully know the hearts of all applies to God alone.

That the Lord Jesus knows the exact same thing in equality with the Father demonstrates Jesus is God.
Now that Messiah and Son of God is glorified, He knows the same as the Father knows.

I would like to point out the the Catholics and scholars took liberties, and often gave "INTERPRETATIONS" to what was actually written. Yahwah is our "Savior," and Yahshua is the "Deliverer."

The Jews were expecting a (elohiym / god of The Living One.) The Jews were not looking for God Himself to show.
John 10
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?

Psalm 82:6
“I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’
(elohiym / god-s of The Living One.)
Does the father become man?
Does the father become a child?

You are in error, because asking doesn't necessitate denying.

I am an American.
I went to South Korea in the 1990’s to teach English in a not too big of a city. When some children would see me, they would say, "Miguk saramimnida!" (미국 사람입니다!) meaning "You are an American!" However, they did this to many foreigners. Had I been able to speak Korean to them at that time I would have asked them "Why do you call me an American?" or "What makes you say that I am an American?" In both questions I am simply asking them the reason why they are calling me an American, but at no time was I denying being an American.
Once again, asking doesn't necessitate a denial.

Jesus affirmed that God alone is good, but He is not denying He is good nor is He denying being God. He is saying "God alone" is good, but that doesn't mean Jesus excludes Himself from being good or from being God.

Revelation 15:4
Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy;
For all the nations will come and worship before You,
For Your righteous acts have been revealed.

God alone is good in that He alone is absolutely holy. His holiness and goodness correspond to one another. Since the Lord Jesus is absolutely holy proves He is 'good' in that He is God. Notice from Revelation 15:4 the holiness of God links with Him being worshiped. None but God should be worshiped, because none but God is absolutely holy (= good). The Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of worship in equality with the Father (Revelation 5:13-14) which demonstrates the Lord Jesus is absolutely holy/good (= God).

Mark 10:18 -------------------------> Revelation 15:4
No one is good except God alone = You alone are holy
Also Lk 1:35 holy and the son of the most high not a mere man

Which passages refer to Jesus as "God"?

Matthew 1:23
Behold, the virgin shall be with Child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call His Name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Luke 8:39
Return to thine own house, and show how great things God hath done unto thee.
And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.

John 10:33
The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we stone Thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that Thou, being a man, makest Thyself God.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Spirit hath made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.

Romans 9:5
Whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

Titus 2:13-14
Looking for the blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Thy kingdom.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a slave and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
Paul says-1Cor 8:6-There is one God to all=the Father.
Your translations are altered to mislead by these-2Thess 2:3--you believe errors over Jesus and Paul-WHY? The errors contradict Jesus and Paul.
Its 100% fact in the Greek lexicons at John 1:1 the word is not called capitol G God-a god is correct=100% fact of life. The trinity scholars know its fact and say nothing. WHY? Because all those religions would be proven as false religion, billions of dollars would be lost every year and 2 billion humans would sue them for stealing their money because they do know its fact.

Jesus affirmed that God alone is good, but He is not denying He is good nor is He denying being God. He is saying "God alone" is good, but that doesn't mean Jesus excludes Himself from being good or from being God.
It does affirm God alone is good .

Good is the signature of God's creative approval and it was good, it was good, it was very good

Jesus the Son of man dying mankind would never blaspheme the name of his Father and accredit the word good to his own dying flesh

Mark 10:17-18King James Version. And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life1 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Which proves Jesus is God.
Jesus the Christ or Jesus the Son of man ?.

Some did know Christ who worked in the dying flesh of Son of man Jesus but he died .We can knowing longer recognises Christ working in him He finished the work

God is not a man

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Jesus the Christ or Jesus the Son of man ?.

Both.

Based on 1 Peter 3:15, Jesus the Christ is to be "hallowed" in one's heart as Lord (YHWH). In fact, Peter applies YHWH from Isaiah 8:13 in reference to Jesus in 1 Peter 3:15. Thus, proving Jesus is YHWH.

Jesus being the Son of Man is the proper recipient of "pelach" (Daniel 7:14) which encompasses He is the proper recipient of prayer - for prayer is a component of pelach (cf. Daniel 6:10, 16).

And since only God is the proper recipient of prayer demonstrates Jesus is God.

You haven't supplied such proof.
You don't consider Jesus' denial of being God as proof for him not being God? You're on an island alone in that regard. Personal testimony is admissible as proof any time any where. Jesus couldn't be a more credible witness of himself in regards to denying his own deity.

Here's your proof.

Mark 10:17-18
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life1 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

You don't consider Jesus' denial of being God as proof for him not being God? You're on an island alone in that regard. Personal testimony is admissible as proof any time any where. Jesus couldn't be a more credible witness of himself in regards to denying his own deity.

Here's your proof.

And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life1 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Post 7.

Responding to the debunking of Jesus' deity by his own admission by directing me back to page 1 isn't happening. Stop being lazy and respond to what I said.

Responding to the debunking of Jesus' deity by his own admission by directing me back to page 1 isn't happening. Stop being lazy and respond to what I said.

Stop being lazy and see post 7.

Thanks for making this easy for me.

Stop being lazy and see post 7.

Thanks for making this easy for me.

Here's your proof.

Post 7.

It's always fun smashing the heresy that Jesus isn't God.
He isn't God though. He denied it repeatedly such as in Mark 10:17-18, John 8:40, and John 10:36. No one believed he is God, no one called him God, etc. They said he is God's chosen servant, a prophet, and God worked through him. He's a man, the Son of God and the Messiah. He was a practicing Jew, ethically a Jew, descended from Adam like all others, and who's God is YHWH.

Back