• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The mystery of works in the gospel of faith: The works we are justified by vs. the works we are not justified by

So, you agree again we are justified by our works, which judge our faith being of God, or of ourselves alone.
Problems with grammar?
The faith of God given to us by Jesus Christ is to do His righteousness. The faith of sinners themselves is to do more sinning.
Scripture?
Thanks. I always like to see new twists of imagination and illusion. Just when I think I've seen them all, another one appears less real than ever.
Problem with Eph 2;8-9?

Scripture?
Eph{2:8} For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Gal 3:22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rev 14:12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Problem with Eph 2;8-9?
Problem with cutting any Scripture short, to teach something more pleasing to the reader.

Eph{2:8} For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Gal 3:22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rev 14:12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Problem with cutting any Scripture short, to teach something more pleasing to the reader.
Strawman. . .

Feel free to give the meaning of Eph 2:8-9.

Strawman. . .

Feel free to give the meaning of Eph 2:8-9.
We all have right to prove there is no agreement, but I don't have to waste time arguing it.

If you have any specific question about having the gift of Jesus' faith, then ask. Otherwise, the faith of sinners toward toward life, is not the faith of Jesus Christ toward God. The obvious results are as far apart as evil and good, darkness and light, committing sin and doing righteousness, walking after the flesh and walking after the Spirit...

We all have right to prove there is no agreement, but I don't have to waste time arguing it.
Leaving the argument unrefuted. . .and your error demonstrated.

Last edited:
Leaving the argument unrefuted. . .and your error demonstrated.

I haven't so much as seen a question about having the gift of Jesus' faith, much less refuted.

So far as cutting Scripture short, that in itself refutes it.

People can have their own faith to sin some more. Or we can repent of sinning to recieve the faith of Jesus to sin not.

The faith to sin is recieved by sinning. The faith of Jesus Christ is only recieved by repenting of sinning for His name's sake.

Rom 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Only them sinning against Christ are ashamed at His appearing. Only them not sinning against Christ are unashamed at His coming.

Faith to sin is for sinners, and faith to sin not is for saints. And the faith to sin without shame is for reprobates.

I haven't so much as seen a question about having the gift of Jesus' faith, much less refuted.
So far as cutting Scripture short, that in itself refutes it.
People can have their own faith to sin some more. Or we can repent of sinning to recieve the faith of Jesus to sin not.
The faith to sin is recieved by sinning. The faith of Jesus Christ is only recieved by repenting of sinning for His name's sake.
Rom 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Only them sinning against Christ are ashamed at His appearing. Only them not sinning against Christ are unashamed at His coming.
Faith to sin is for sinners, and faith to sin not is for saints. And the faith to sin without shame is for reprobates.
Feel free to give the meaning of Eph 2:8-9, for

assertion without Biblical demonstration is assertion without merit.

So what do you make of 1 Cor 3:15???
1 Cor 13 is about works of ministry, not good or evil deeds of man.

Error in ministry, doctrine, and prophecy can be common in the body of Christ.

However, we are also warned that if our ministering is so bad, that it leads the sheep to sins and transgressions, then we shall be destroyed with the bad sheep that defile the temple and body of Christ.

1 Cor{3:10} According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Cor{3:16} Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

Rev 2:20Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Rom 16:18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

If our ministering goes beyond simple error to ungodliness in the churches, then our ministry of ungodly works are judged and condemned with the world.

At the judgment seat of Christ, the righteous Lord first judges the good or bad works of believers naming His name, so as to be His accepted wheat or rejected as tares. He only judges the ministry of the resurrected good sheep for rewards, which are cities to rule duing His millennial reign upon the earth.

The reject tares are left with the rest of the dead to be judged by works at the GWT.

Back