• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The gate only opens from the inside!

You have a problem with works not those in the communion of saints
Speak coherently, please. If that is a cogent sentence, explain it for my slow mind.

Jesus says prayer is required to avoid sin and temptation
Matt 26:41

The merciful obtain mercy
Matt 5:7

Charity covers sin
1 pet 4:8
Thks
Each of your statements is true. So what is the problem? These are not causes of salvation, but of the subsequent walk, (and even if done by the unregenerate, for natural consequences of doing well.) —again, you have not shown that these cause salvation.

Who said that my "accepting christ apolies to eph 2:8"? Not me.

Yes, quickened. That is what I teach. Dead, then made alive, but I see no mention there of water baptism, nor, for that matter, of baptism by the Holy Spirit, though I insist that it IS by the Spirit that we are made alive —not by water and by nothing we can do, choose, think or otherwise cause.
Water And And And the spirit Jn 3:5
Jn 10:10 life (grace) life more abundant
Jn 14:6 the life is in christ
Put in christ gal 3:27 by baptism

The Christian sacrament* of baptismal regeneration is required for the new covenant and salvation!

*this promise acts 2:38-39 is a sacred oath from God ez 36:25-27 and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Initiation!!!

Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!
No union with God and His saints thru Christ the mediator!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone! Jn 3:5

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13 and cannot be repeated

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Speak coherently, please. If that is a cogent sentence, explain it for my slow mind.
You who are not the new covenant have a problem with works

Those in the new covenant dont have a problems with works
Or grace bearing fruit

Each of your statements is true. So what is the problem? These are not causes of salvation, but of the subsequent walk, (and even if done by the unregenerate, for natural consequences of doing well.) —again, you have not shown that these cause salvation.
The narrow road is “only” for the “saved” in your understanding

But it actually says the narrow road leads to life (salvation)

Avoiding sin is not part of salvation?

Obtaining mercy and forgiveness are not part of salvation?

Really?

You wrote: "'Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior' is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!" —I know that. And it is not what I teach as causal of salvation. I do indeed teach that we do indeed accept the fact that he is our Lord and Savior, and willingly submit to him, to those to whom God chose to show mercy, but it does not come before regeneration, but as a result of regeneration.

You continue to beat up on nothing. Yell long and loud about what Wesleyan and other fundamentalists believe, but you haven't made a dent yet on what I believe, nor on Calvinism nor on Reformed Theology.

You who are not the new covenant have a problem with works

Those in the new covenant dont have a problems with works
Or grace bearing fruit
Explain, and please, paste what led up to your statements. I'm not going to bother to continue to argue without context, and I'm not going to do the work of finding it. You don't matter to me that much. I've got better things to do.

Last edited:
The narrow road is “only” for the “saved” in your understanding

But it actually says the narrow road leads to life (salvation)
Yes, it is that direction, and those to whom God chose to show mercy will walk it. Not to cause it, but as a result of regeneration, continuing in it.

Really?
They really do not CAUSE salvation. (Why use the odd coupling of "not part of Salvation" —is that what I said? Don't misquote me.

But yes, if one is saved, one will as a result necessarily be avoiding sin, and God will be merciful and forgive them for EVERY sin and sinfulness.

Really?
You err when you see salvation as having parts. Obtaining mercy and forgiveness IS salvation. Avoiding sin is not part of salvation; it is the fruit of salvation---the Holy Spirit working in us to do and to will what pleases God.

You wrote: "'Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior' is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!" —I know that. And it is not what I teach as causal of salvation. I do indeed teach that we do indeed accept the fact that he is our Lord and Savior, and willingly submit to him, to those to whom God chose to show mercy, but it does not come before regeneration, but as a result of regeneration.

You continue to beat up on nothing. Yell long and loud about what Wesleyan and other fundamentalists believe, but you haven't made a dent yet on what I believe, nor on Calvinism nor on Reformed Theology.
what reformed theology?

What is un-reformed theology?

Is theology the same as truth?

Yes, it is that direction, and those to whom God chose to show mercy will walk it. Not to cause it, but as a result of regeneration, continuing in it.
God’s mercy is only for a chosen few

They really do not CAUSE salvation. (Why use the odd coupling of "not part of Salvation" —is that what I said? Don't misquote me.

But yes, if one is saved, one will as a result necessarily be avoiding sin, and God will be merciful and forgive them for EVERY sin and sinfulness.
You dont need to repent and confess?

You err when you see salvation as having parts. Obtaining mercy and forgiveness IS salvation. Avoiding sin is not part of salvation; it is the fruit of salvation---the Holy Spirit working in us to do and to will what pleases God.
So you agree works are involved in salvation

Matt 5:7
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

((Works))

Luke 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

((Works))

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

((Works))

Salvation does not have parts and not a process?

Redemption
Justification
Sanctification
Purification
Glorification

Kind of interesting that he sees (and I answered him according to that) that the mercy that God gives (or whatever source he thinks it is that gives one mercy) in that verse is necessarily the result of having mercy. Pretty obviously works-based thinking, and, of course, I see that as self-determinism.

He's got a slot-machine type God. Put in this, get this out.

This mentality is what he, and so many others —not just RC's, but many others that believe— approach the word with, not knowing how completely it skews their interpretation and use of Scripture, not to mention their view of and use of God. They actually think that what God has done, and God himself!, is all about them.

what reformed theology?

What is un-reformed theology?

Is theology the same as truth?
Do you even know how to hold a real conversation?

God’s mercy is only for a chosen few
Of course. What is your point? Did I say different?

And you don't even see how that fact contradicts your use of scripture earlier, where you said that a person having mercy produces mercy from God (which fact, btw, I don't deny, but that is not referring to HOW a person 'obtains' salvation.)

Back