• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

Is it ok to say mother of Jesus?
Or
Mother of Christ?
Yes, Jesus as the Son of man dying mankind not Christ the Holy Spirit of the church. Christ the husband his bride Christian. . named after him.

Not after our brother in the lord Timothy and member of the chaste virgin bride or our sister in the lord many another member.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Brother are you readying the wrong Bible?

Scripture illustrates for us over and over again that to esteem any human and elevate them above all others is simply 'idolatry'.
That place belongs to Christ and to Him alone.
Why is she called blessed among all women?

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Very simply, for being the vessel through which Jesus came into the world as a man. Pure Grace--having nothing to do with human merit.
Grace is a principle that needs to be understood and applied to all things consistently. Why? Because it is a principle.

Very simply, for being the vessel through which Jesus came into the world as a man. Pure Grace--having nothing to do with human merit.
Grace is a principle that needs to be understood and applied to all things consistently. Why? Because it is a principle.
But she was blessed before consenting to be the mother of God and the mother of our salvation (vessel) not until Lk 1:38 please explain how she is blessed back in Lk 1:28

But she was blessed before consenting to be the mother of God and the mother of our salvation (vessel) not until Lk 1:38 please explain how she is blessed back in Lk 1:28
She did not consent, she was appointed and she is not the mother of God.

Could Mary have said "no "?

I'm blessed: aren't you?

Hi Don

I would offer..

And what else other than saying hello or hail sister Mary. Seeing he blesses all born again from above . . with fullness of his grace. The complete cost of salvation

You forget God does not give a unknown remnant of his grace to the whole planet and after they take thier last breath and thier corrupted dying bodies body return to dust and the suffering wondering begin . With the exception of some imaginary queen of heaven named Mary after our sister in the Lord and she alone was blessed by the full price of salvation. The fullness of Grace

Catholicism simply has "no salvation" other than suffering, wondering, wondering wondering in Limbo for the younger sinners and Purgatory for the more mature sinners .

1 Corinthians 11:19For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Catholics cannot even agree they have heresies as personal opinions private person interpretation like every human In doing so show themselves as false prophets false apostles teaching .I heard it through a legion of dying fathers (patron saints) as commandments of dying mankind. that serve what they call Queen mother his and hers gods .(Jerimiah 44:16 -17)

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Why wonder after the King of lying signs to wonder, wonder, doubt ,wonder after as, oral tradition of dying mankind . They are informed in thier book of Law which they say is Devine (CCC) they will never die

Peter of the worldly spirit of the Pharisees with Sadducees who previously sought after signs to wonder after as if it was prophecy, like many of the disciple.

Peter in jealousy of John went to town and started one of those heard it through the legion of father grapevine to confirm what those of the world, Pharisees with Sadducees beleive . Mankind never dies .Reincarnated Bodies. Matching the image idols available today (3,514 and rising)

Our Holy Father prophesied through John declaring that if ever time he would record a lie coming from a oral tradition of the legion of dying mankind and wrote the down we would need a bigger planet to hold the volumes upon volumes .

John 21:23-25 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

I would suggest there is no defense against all things written in the law and Prophets the sword of Christ's Holy Spirit .

What is your hope. . .Is it that there is a defense against sola scriptura? Where would that come from?

Sola scriptura) worked to expose lies during the first century reformation (Hebrew 9) .It is still working today giving those rest that hear his voice as it is written and not harden their new born again hearts

.Matthew 23:8-10King James Version But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (not Rome) Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Even the Son of man Jesus when bowed down in worship to denied he is God not seen the on infalible teaching master . Jesus the Son of man would never blaspheme the name of our Father Christ. He protects his wife the church.

Mark 10:18King James Version1 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

How many are good ? A Legion?

Yes which only increases the merit of The “handmaid of the Lord”!
so God had a plan B of other virgins from the tribe of Judah, from the line of David , ending up in Bethlehem?

Presence of God produces holiness
Holiness befits thy house!

Knowing the holiness of God we cannot use the ark of the covenant for a bbq dinner or the holy of holies for a rock and roll dance, and why not?

Cos they are consecrated to God in holiness and myst be pure and only for God’s purpose and cannot be used for an ordinary purpose without it being a sacrilege!

Mary is consecrated to God alone!
A vow of perpetual virginity!

Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

1 cor 3:17 …..for the temple of God is holy….. Mary is the temple, house, dwelling of God, God had need of Her to become man!

Mary would have to either be immaculate holiness by the grace of God (Lk 1:49) or His presence would have produced the same effect, His dwelling place for 9 months, and just coming close to JTB sanctified Him in the womb.
Lk 1:
Please clearly explain why anyone's salvation is dependent upon Mary never having marital relations with her husband and bearing children AFTER JESUS' BIRTH?

Mary did not 'obtain' salvation for anyone!
Please refrain from posting along those lines.

“Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race.”!
St. Irenaeus

... the Church confesses that Mary is truly “Mother of God” (Theotokos).
But Don, st. Irenaeus and the Catholic Church is not scripture.

And see post # 5

Lk 1:38
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Consent to our salvation by the faithful (Lk 1:45) handmaid of the Lord! Lk 1:38
Did you think she knew and understood all that was entailed in that consent —that, as you seem to think, she knew that she was consenting to our salvation through her consent?

See, I see you're thinking a lot like many Christian books: You put verses to support "consent" and "faithful" and "handmaid" but not your main point.

Without bothering to go back and see if @Arial didn't think Mary gave her consent to what the angel told her was going to happen, I'm guessing she means that Mary didn't have in mind the Salvation of the Elect (or other words to that effect) as though her consent was necessary or it wouldn't get done. Notice that the Angel didn't ask her if it would be ok. She consented after being informed, just as believers trust in Christ subsequent to their eyes being opened to what God has already determined. "We do so because it is so.", is how I look at what she did, there.

Last edited:
She did not consent to be the mother of Jesus. Gabriel did not come to her and ask her permission. It was a declaration---"You will----". She is the mother of our Savior, she is not the mother of our salvation. Salvation is not a vessel. She did not consent in Luke 1:38, she accepted what was being done.

Did you think she knew and understood all that was entailed in that consent —that, as you seem to think, she knew that she was consenting to our salvation through her consent?

See, I see your thinking a lot like many Christian books: You put verses to support "consent" and "faithful" and "handmaid" but not your main point.

Without bothering to go back and see if @Arial didn't think Mary gave her consent to what the angel told her was going to happen, I'm guessing she means that Mary didn't have in mind the Salvation of the Elect (or other words to that effect) as though her consent was necessary or it wouldn't get done. Notice that the Angel didn't ask her if it would be ok. She consented after being informed, just as believers trust in Christ subsequent to their eyes being opened to what God has already determined. "We do so because it is so.", is how I look at what she did, there.
What of mine is this in reference to?

What of mine is this in reference to?
I can't find it. I scanned through all the posts on this thread and its not showing up, nor is what I quoted @donadams to have said in answer to you. When I right click on the quote, and "open link on new tab", I get a page saying,

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested post could not be found.

The tab I clicked on has been up all afternoon. I'll try to refresh it.

Tried —no go.

Anyhow, you had answered someway that he commented against, and I couldn't stand it —had to tell him that whether you agreed or not that Mary consented, that you would think that her consent is irrelevant to whether or not God would accomplish by her all he intended. Her consent is not causal, but submission.

Back