• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

The four marian dogma’s are all in Luke chapter one!

Let me know when you find them.

Or you could simply ask me

I said yes three separate and distinct times
R U deaf?
please resolve you apparent contradiction.

"Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate."
with
Mary was conceived pure and immaculate WITHOUT Anne being pure and immaculate."

please resolve you apparent contradiction.

"Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate."
with
Mary was conceived pure and immaculate WITHOUT Anne being pure and immaculate."
Cos God intervened! Lk 1:49

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

Thanks

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”
Except God did not reveal that Mary was preserved from original sin. That is an example of a Pope saying his voice is the voice of God and/or that God gives the Pope revelations that he gives no one else----not even the NT apostles.

Cos God intervened! Lk 1:49

Thanks
so Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because His mother was pure and immaculate.

and Mary was conceived pure and immaculate NOT because her mother was pure and immaculate.

got it : thanks

"We Orthodox believe that the Panagia was conceived and born in a state of sin since she is a human being just like the rest of us. Only Christ was free of sin. "
see the 5 points here

Last edited:
Those who Have the Holy Spirit can see things others miss. 1 Jn 2:20

Four Marian dogmas in Luke One!

Not explicitly, but the trinity, rapture, bible etc. are not in scripture explicitly either.

1) Mary, Mother of God:
2) Immaculate conception of Mary:
3) Perpetual virginity of Mary:
4) Mary assumed into heaven:

1) Mary, Mother of God:

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2) Immaculate conception of Mary:

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace;

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

Things plural:
The immaculate conception of Mary & the miraculous conception of Jesus.

3) Perpetual virginity of Mary:

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? (No sex)

Lk 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
(Handmaid of the Lord, implies total consecration to God and His will including Her virginity, sacrificed herself to God with a vow of perpetual virginity)
(Anything consecrated to God and His service must be pure and only for His service) (the Old Testament verifies this)

4) Mary assumed into heaven:

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
(The Lord is glorified in heaven at the right hand of God, since the Lord is with Her, she is also glorified in heaven)
(Most blessed among all women would be glorified and crowned by God in heaven)
(Mary is queen, in the line of David the king, the mother of the king is queen, Mary crowned queen in heaven rev 12:1)

Those who Have the Holy Spirit can see things others miss. 1 Jn 2:20

A claim has been made
So in the mind of @donadams ;
The Eastern Orthodox Church (2000 years old; founded by an Apostle) does not have the Holy Spirit because they do not see Mary's IC in Scripture.
Is that you view?

Last edited:
The four marian dogma’s are all in Luke chapter one!

Let me know when you find them.

Or you could simply ask me

Hi Don

I would offer .we must be careful how we hear who we say we do

Our sister in the Lord Mary. . blessed by the mercy and fullness of grace not a remnant of the grace of Christ, the husband .

Mary born after the born again of the seed (Christ) .

She would never blaspheme the name of Christ and rather say we venerate Mary our sister in the Lord And not venerate Christ her husband .

Satan after another name other than Mary for the Queen mother of heaven . That lying tradition as a law of the legion of father (3,521 and rising patron saints, his and hers gods ) It was simply passed down to the Catholic with the Eastern Orthodox.

Both reject sola scriptura the living abiding word of God as the final authority in matters of faith (the unseen things) of Christ .

Some women had become Jealous of the men's only ceremonies. A high wall dividing them and another high privacy wall all gentile men and women.

A false women's lib Revealing they have no freedom in Christ . Giving men's approval of the nagging hen pecked wives (LOL)

Jeremiah 44: 15-17 Then all the men (Hen pecked) which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us (sola scriptura) in the name of the Lord, (sola scriptura) we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Called the strange woman Not the bide of Chrsit the wonen known by her husabdn Chrsit

Proverbs 2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; (I heard it through the legion of dead fathers grape vine as oral traditions of dying mankind

Jesus Christ is our salvation! Lk 2:30

Found our salvation Lk 1:30
Consent to our salvation Lk 1:38
Conceived our salvation by the power of the Holy Spirit
Matt 1:18-20 Lk 1:35
Carried our salvation for nine Months and gave Birth to our salvation matt 1:21 Lk 2:16
Remaining a virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:20
Received our salvation in her arms after taken down from the cross

Mary also found our Salvation in the temple Lk 2:48

@donadams
Don, The very first work of divine grace which introduces a sinner into the Christian life is a holy calling. So, it is the calling that transforms unbelievers into believers, children of darkness into sons of light. It isn't difficult to show that this teaching is eminently scriptural.

According to the bible, it is God who initiates the process of salvation by calling men with such omnipotent and irresistible power that they are brought into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

Consider what Paul says about how he was introduced into the Christian life. Paul declares Galatians 1:15, But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, God called him through His grace. After all, isnt that what scripture says, "we are saved by grace?" (Eph 2:8)

Paul writes in Romand 1:6-7,
6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God,
called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

The list goes on Do, If you would like to see more, let me know I would be happy to post them.

Accoding to Peter, Christians are people who have been called unto eternal glory in Christ - 1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1 Peter 2:9, But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
Don, my friend, this just keeps going. And nothing about baptism. No baptismal regeneration.
A close study of scripture makes it clear that the initial saving act of God which is termed "a holy calling" in 2 Tim 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, & Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Don, I really hope you think about this.
God’s grace precedes our actions of course but its not irresistible grace

God gives grace to the humble but resists the proud james 4:6
1 pet 5:5

Thanks

that is not Sola Fide

That is once "justified" always "justified"
You don't even know what you are against.

Sola Fide
we are justified (declared righteous) by God
the moment we have the God given faith (not mere mental assent)
PRIOR to any works done by us.
Please reply to #337

So most Catholics are justified apart from faith .

the publican had faith: that's why he prayed, that's why he knew he was sinner: that's why he knew God
Justified by humility and prayer!

Can you remain in a state of justification until death?
I say "yes"
you say "no".

And that has nothing to do with Sola Fide
You don't even know what you are against.

Last edited:
Back