• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

nope:
we are justified by Faith Alone

that has nothing to do with Sola Fide
Sola Fide addresses how we are justified

most of what you post is from a concordance
just look at your posts today: you are all over the place
stay on topic
I dont have a concordance
I get scripture verses from bible gateway but thats just for reference
The rest is from my understanding and study of scripture

nope:
we are justified by Faith Alone

that has nothing to do with Sola Fide

most of what you post is from a concordance
just look at your posts today: you are all over the place
stay on topic
Is suffering required?

Obtaining mercy and forgiveness of sin has nothing to do with it?
Look at justification as being made right with God because He imputes Christ's Righteousness to us, so that when He looks at us, He sees Christ. This is a once and done deal.
Our 'soul', if you will is being changed into His Likeness as He works in us for His pleasure and will..that describes and ongoing sanctification.
We are being continually and progressively sanctified ('set apart'.)

Obtaining mercy and forgiveness of sin has nothing to do with it?
for justification?
the justified have their sins forgiven by God's mercy BECAUSE they are justified.
we are justified at the very moment we have faith.

How is this applied to our souls?
Your Soul is also changed during regeneration

Meaning a change in the heart, mind, and soul including thoughts, worldview, priorities, values, desires, and attractions, repulsions, view of sin, and the view of God.
"The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones

matthew 18:6 is not about 1 month olds
I asked :
What faith does an infant have?
Faith is only required for justification in adult baptism

Lk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Justified by humility and prayer not “faith alone”!

Thks

Faith alone?

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom why bother avoiding sin, why bother being on the narrow road, why bother yo watch & pray to avoid temptation, & why bother being prepared for the return of the master, i’m saved! Justified!

Accept Christ as your personal Lord & savior! (((THERE IS NOTHING MORE YOU NEED TO DO)))

The papacy came after Christ and was established by Christ and it not a title only a reverence

The papacy came after Christ and was established by Christ and it not a title only a reverence
No papacy was established by Christ. That’s just an old wives fable Don.

Faith is only required for justification in adult baptism
So most Catholics are justified apart from faith .

Lk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Justified by humility and prayer not “faith alone”!

Thks
the publican had faith: that's why he prayed, that's why he knew he was sinner: that's why he knew God

And honestly, considering the list of popes and all the stuff they were way out of line with, the only way a pope even comes close to Peter and resembles him is in his denial.

You guys say “conversation with discussion” how can i have a conversation with one person if six others keep butting in, i asked Arial a question and 1thes responded, i asked 1thes a question and Ms responded, please one person and one point at a time, im not super (roman catholic) man!

Thks

Can you remain in a state of justification until death?
that is not Sola Fide

That is once "justified" always "justified"
You don't even know what you are against.

Sola Fide
we are justified (declared righteous) by God
the moment we have the God given faith (not mere mental assent)
PRIOR to any works done by us.

You guys say “conversation with discussion” how can i have a conversation with one person if six others keep butting in, i asked Arial a question and 1thes responded, i asked 1thes a question and Ms responded, please one person and one point at a time, im not super (roman catholic) man!

Thks
oh please:
don't even pretend you don't know how forums operate.

you are in at least three different forums
(were you on at CAF?)

Last edited:
Back