• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

God calls everyone to salvation?
Ez 18:23 not death of sinners
Lk 2:10-11 savior for all people
Jn 3:16 whosoever any and all
Jn 1:9 all men
Jn 1:29 the whole world
Thks
that has nothing to do with our discussion

Are we glorified by “faith alone”?

nope:
we are justified by Faith Alone
What happened to God alone gets glory?
that has nothing to do with Sola Fide
Sola Fide addresses how we are justified
Btw you have a habit of ignoring about 90 percent of what i post, n
How can we have a conversation when you do this?

most of what you post is from a concordance
just look at your posts today: you are all over the place
stay on topic

Last edited:
Sound like faith alone?

Matt 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Luke 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Thessalonians 1:4
So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

End of faith not the beginning

1 Peter 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Believing is not salvation

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
not one of those verses has to do with justification

Sola Fide addresses how we are justified

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)
Whose grace? Was it Mary our blessed sister in the Lord as the fullness of . Was it the same fullness of grace that worked in Peter our brother in the Lord needed to rebuke Christ the unseen head and forbid Jesus the Son of man from doing the will of the Holy Father (Mathew 16) Sounds more like a curse ?

1 Peter 2:1-3King James Version Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious

Not as our blessed sister in the Lord Mary by which we have tasted that she dying flesh and blood is gracious. She is not the Lord Christ.
You believe the five false sola’s but you don’t believe the one true sola!

Only one true church founded by Christ on Peter!

The Peter that rebuked Christ the unseen head and forbid jesus the Son of man from doing the will of the eternal father ? (Mathew 16)

Founded on a law of dying mankind the law of the legion of fathers ..They went after Paul to judge him with thier law (I heard it through venerated fathers grapevine) They tried to prove the non-provable that their own heresy personal opinions rises above sola scriptura, the living, abiding words. . written by the finger of God . Paul #1 on most wanted deader than ,dead. . . . . dead list ,

Acts24: 5-14 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.(oral traditons) But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,Commanding his accusers to come unto thee: by examining of whom thyself mayest take knowledge of all these things, whereof we accuse him.And the Jews also assented, saying that these things were so. Then Paul, after that the governor had beckoned unto him to speak, answered, Forasmuch as I know that thou hast been of many years a judge unto this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself:Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem for to worship.And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city: Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, (Not God as a legion of fathers) believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: (sola scriptura)

I didn't say it was a doctrine. I said no man should be called by the name only God is. Holy Father. You are just skirting the issue and deflecting.
Do you think “holy father” is a title for God, like “the eternal father” is?

Thanks

Most Catholics are baptized as babies within the first few months of life:
What faith does an infant have?
Faith in Jesus Christ!

Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

You said faith was a gift of God why don’t you think they can receive it by the power of the spirit?

Faith in Jesus Christ!

Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

You said faith was a gift of God why don’t you think they can receive it by the power of the spirit?
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones

matthew 18:6 is not about 1 month olds
I asked :
What faith does an infant have?

makesends said:
There's no need to "thunder" at me —the vehemence doesn't cover the weakness of the logic!

So explain, then: How can it be that Christ was not conceived without sin by the Almighty Power of God?

To repeat, then: How can it be that Christ was not conceived without sin by the Almighty Power of God, in the same way that you say Mary was? If Mary's mother was not a virgin, yet Mary was not born in sin, then why should Christ be born of a virgin?
God could have done a lot of things, Christ have come down from heaven on a cloud, just the way God willed it!

Thks

Do you think “holy father” is a title for God, like “the eternal father” is?

Thanks
Yes. No human is holy. That is why Christ came. The believer is not holy in and of themselves they are consecrated as holy unto the Lord, having been taken out of the hands of the enemy. Holy Father when referring to the Pope, capitalizes both words, making it equal to God. There is one Father and one Holy Father.

Ok let me see if I understand your POV. You are saying that Mary was preserved from sin, by "the blood of the savior who is Her son", (if that is what you mean by "in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son", but the rest of us are saved from sin "in forgiving sin and by His powerful grace in preserving us from sin". So you are saying he is Mary's savior by preservation only, while he is OUR savior by forgiving our sin and preserving us from sin.", since she had no sin to forgive —yes?

Can you demonstrate this from scripture, or is it an RCC construction only?
Please see #189 Ariel does not like me posting large amount of verses every time so I must obey!

Thks

Please see #189 Ariel does not like me posting large amount of verses every time so I must obey!

Thks
You have missed my point. Scriptures posted as proof of Catholic dogma with no exposition or context, have one overall belief behind them. Which is, "The Catholic church says this Scripture is about THEM, therefore it is."

Why is faith required?
Whose faith? Faith by what means? I.e. who generates that faith?
If i’m predestined i cannot be lost?
If you're predestined, it is not automatic that you will not be lost, but SURE that you will not be lost.
What is your understanding of predestination?
One rather poetic way of putting it, goes: "God purpose, already accomplished in eternity, worked out through time."

God could have done a lot of things, Christ have come down from heaven on a cloud, just the way God willed it!

Thks
In other words, you have no logical progression of thought, as to how it is that Mary was necessarily sinless in order for Christ to be sinless, but it was not necessary for Mary's mother to be sinless in order for Mary to be sinless.

We are born again by God the Holy Spirit. John 3:1-8

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
What happened in vs 22 when they began acting on Jn 3:5?

What happened in vs 22 when they began acting on Jn 3:5?
They who?

Context, context, context.

Verses 22 is not a part of Jesus' discussion on regeneration. It is a new discussion and does not say anything about anyone acting on the discussion Jesus had with Nicodemus.

If you are changing the subject and are using this as saying that baptism saves----you have not done so. And if it were saying that, it would be contradicting John 3:3 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

So why don't you explain why you gave this verse and asked that question in response to me answering your question of how is one born again by giving Jesus' explanation from John 3:1-8.

They who?

Context, context, context.

Verses 22 is not a part of Jesus' discussion on regeneration. It is a new discussion and does not say anything about anyone acting on the discussion Jesus had with Nicodemus.

If you are changing the subject and are using this as saying that baptism saves----you have not done so. And if it were saying that, it would be contradicting John 3:3 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

So why don't you explain why you gave this verse and asked that question in response to me answering your question of how is one born again by giving Jesus' explanation from John 3:1-8.
Amen! Context is king!

Back