• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

I see none:
Please point them out:
Sola Fide is the NAME of a doctrine; it is NOT the doctrine!!!
Sola Fide is a two word phrase describing the doctrine that teaches
we are first justified (declared righteous) by God by the God-given faith apart from any works we do whether works of the law or works done in righteousness)

Those who are Predestined will be saved
Those who are Elect will be saved
Those who God calls will be saved
Those who are regenerated (born again) are saved
Those who have Faith are saved
Those who Repent are saved
Those who are Justified are saved
Those who are Adopted are saved
Those who are being sanctified are saved
Those who will be glorified will be saved..

Sola Fide addresses how we are justified
I am saved
I am being saved
I shall be saved

Which one is it?

And salvation is a process so any part of the process of salvation can be called salvation

Example eph 2:8 says “saved” but does not refer to you or your act of faith but to the redemption that was accomplished past tense already done by Christ apart from us!

Redemption :
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.
Lk 2:11 Jn 1:29 rm 5:8 eph 2:1-8 1 pet 1:21-23
God gives all men sufficient truth and grace for salvation.

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism. Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 8:36 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21

Sanctification:
Members of Christ and his church by grace we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, suffering other sacraments etc. until death. Phil 1:29

Purification
Glorification

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Jn 15:4 abide in Christ Matt 3:16 believes (present tense) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Hope it helps

I am saved
I am being saved
I shall be saved

Which one is it?

And salvation is a process so any part of the process of salvation can be called salvation

Example eph 2:8 says “saved” but does not refer to you or your act of faith but to the redemption that was accomplished past tense already done by Christ apart from us!

Redemption :
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.
Lk 2:11 Jn 1:29 rm 5:8 eph 2:1-8 1 pet 1:21-23
God gives all men sufficient truth and grace for salvation.

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism. Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 8:36 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21

Sanctification:
Members of Christ and his church by grace we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, suffering other sacraments etc. until death. Phil 1:29

Purification
Glorification

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Jn 15:4 abide in Christ Matt 3:16 believes (present tense) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Hope it helps

Romans 5:1

“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith,”

What does Apropos mean?
Relevant. So what does that make apropos of nothing? Completely disconnected from anything being discussed.

All fathers should be holy don't ya think?

And btw there is no doctrine that says he is “Holy Father” only a custom.

Thks
I didn't say it was a doctrine. I said no man should be called by the name only God is. Holy Father. You are just skirting the issue and deflecting.

You referred to

Job said “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.” (Job 14:4).

I said who? Who can

And I referenced Lk 1:37

All things are possible with God!

Thks
I referred to this

You posted: and I quoted!
"Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate"

So I am asking you was Mary's mother " pure and immaculate"

Justification:
Most Catholics are baptized as babies within the first few months of life:
What faith does an infant have?

Last edited:
Most Catholics are baptized as babies wih in the first few months of life:
What faith does an infant have?
Catholics do not get baptism, they believe it regenerates. Therefore, what does faith have to do with anything? No one baptizes and infant because they believe.

Catholics do not get baptism, they believe it regenerates. Therefore, what does faith have to do with anything? No one baptizes and infant because they believe.
When pressed: Catholic will concede that most Catholic are justified by works apart from faith

When pressed: Catholic will concede that most Catholic are justified by works apart from faith
Yes, of course. Even when not pressed.

makesends said:
There's no need to "thunder" at me —the vehemence doesn't cover the weakness of the logic!

So explain, then: How can it be that Christ was not conceived without sin by the Almighty Power of God?

All glory to God for His mighty deeds! Amen!

Christ was conceived by the Almighty power of God without sin!

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
To repeat, then: How can it be that Christ was not conceived without sin by the Almighty Power of God, in the same way that you say Mary was? If Mary's mother was not a virgin, yet Mary was not born in sin, then why should Christ be born of a virgin?

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)
(Christ is savior in forgiving sin and by His powerful grace in preserving us from sin)

Thks
Ok let me see if I understand your POV. You are saying that Mary was preserved from sin, by "the blood of the savior who is Her son", (if that is what you mean by "in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son", but the rest of us are saved from sin "in forgiving sin and by His powerful grace in preserving us from sin". So you are saying he is Mary's savior by preservation only, while he is OUR savior by forgiving our sin and preserving us from sin.", since she had no sin to forgive —yes?

Can you demonstrate this from scripture, or is it an RCC construction only?

I see none:
Please point them out:
we are first justified (declared righteous) by God by the God-given faith apart from any works we do whether works of the law or works done in righteousness)

Why is faith required?

If i’m predestined i cannot be lost?

What is your understanding of predestination?

I see none:
Please point them out:

God calls everyone to salvation?
Ez 18:23 not death of sinners
Lk 2:10-11 savior for all people
Jn 3:16 whosoever any and all
Jn 1:9 all men
Jn 1:29 the whole world
Thks

I see none:
Please point them out:

Are we glorified by “faith alone”?

What happened to God alone gets glory?

Btw you have a habit of ignoring about 90 percent of what i post, n
How can we have a conversation when you do this?

I see none:
Please point them out:

How do we become regenerated (born again)?

Romans 5:1
“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith,”
You ignored what i said

Why is faith required?

If i’m predestined i cannot be lost?

What is your understanding of predestination?
God predestines those who he is giving to Christ to come to Christ. Predestine: destined to---certain to. "Those he foreknew (elected as Christ's possession)he himself makes certain by his power and working, do come to faith in Christ, and he calls them (they hear the voice of the Shepherd and follow him.) And through faith (it is a faith they do not naturally have within themselves, otherwise there would be no need for the calling) justifies them (reconciles them to himself.)

Eph 2:1-8

2 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body[a] and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.[b] 4 But[c] God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Romans 4:1-6

4 What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” 4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5 And to the one who does not work but believes in[a] him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

How do we become regenerated (born again)?
We are born again by God the Holy Spirit. John 3:1-8

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

I see none:
Please point them out:

Sound like faith alone?

Matt 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Luke 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Thessalonians 1:4
So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

End of faith not the beginning

1 Peter 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Believing is not salvation

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

I see none:
Please point them out:

Scripture opposes the doctrine of “Faith alone”!

Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Rom 8:17 faith and suffering
2 Timothy 2:12