• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus isn't the Lord of heaven and earth

That doesn’t mean Jesus is the Lord of heaven and earth.

If someone has a greater name than people then do they automatically become their lord? Obviously not.

Who gave Jesus his name?

Irrelevant to the passage; it is clearly that though being the same as God, he performed this service and gained a name above all others.

Your effort is pretty pointless.

The idea of the resurrection is that that generation of Judaism would have the proof they needed to become missionaries for him. It was the arrival of the kingdom of God. All nations, rulers and carpenters were to 'honor the Son, lest he be angry, and crush them.'

You are confusing terms about enacting this imperative kingdom (that might make it sound like he is less) with other theology. As people have done in the past and it resulted in nothing.

Sorry but you're on ignore.

You don't know Gods Son. Gods Son is the Word, who was God and became flesh.....you deny John 1

You’re the one saying things that aren’t even in the Bible. I know the only true God and His Son whom He sent. John 17:3

The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man.......Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made. For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible....But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man.

Jesus is God, the creator.....Lord of Heaven and Earth. Will you Eisegesis those verses away?

read the OP again. The only one called the Lord of heaven and earth is the Father. Yes, you must deny this because it contradicts what you believe. Why do you not believe the Bible?

Sorry but you're on ignore.
Run away if you wish. Meanwhile, the Bible doesn’t call Jesus the Lord of heaven and earth. While you may try to argue your way out of it, the Bible is your enemy on this point. Sooner or later, whether publicly or privately, you’ll admit I’m right about this point.

read the OP again. The only one called the Lord of heaven and earth is the Father. Yes, you must deny this because it contradicts what you believe. Why do you not believe the Bible?
I showed you where the Lord of Heaven and Earth was called the creator God...then I showed you verses that clearly said Jesus was the creator of the heaven and earth.....which means Jesus is the Lord of heaven and earth...the Lord of lords and the God of gods.

I showed you where the Lord of Heaven and Earth was called the creator God...then I showed you verses that clearly said Jesus was the creator of the heaven and earth.....which means Jesus is the Lord of heaven and earth...the Lord of lords and the God of gods.
The Bible doesn't say that Jesus is explicitly the "Lord of heaven and earth" in the same way Jesus and the disciples applied this to the Father, does it? So right off the bat, your theology suffers from the weakness of not actually being explicitly stated in the Bible. Stringing together verses, making inference, deductions, assumptions, etc isn't the same as something actually being a Biblical doctrine.

Does it worry you that Jesus never claimed to be God, God never commanded Christians to worship Jesus, Jesus isn't the Lord of heaven and earth, Jesus isn't the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God denied being a man, Jesus denied being God, no one believed Jesus is God, and that worshipping a human as though he is God is idolatry?

After everything you have seen, you still persist in your unbelief. May God have mercy.

The Bible doesn't say that Jesus is explicitly the "Lord of heaven and earth" in the same way Jesus and the disciples applied this to the Father, does it? So right off the bat, your theology suffers from the weakness of not actually being explicitly stated in the Bible. Stringing together verses, making inference, deductions, assumptions, etc isn't the same as something actually being a Biblical doctrine.

Does it worry you that Jesus never claimed to be God, God never commanded Christians to worship Jesus, Jesus isn't the Lord of heaven and earth, Jesus isn't the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God denied being a man, Jesus denied being God, no one believed Jesus is God, and that worshipping a human as though he is God is idolatry?

After everything you have seen, you still persist in your unbelief. May God have mercy.
Do we need to discuss the I AM part again?

As I said you would murder Jesus today or claiming to be God.

Do you know who Jesus and God are? a simple yes or no will work for me.
Yes, look at the chart...
trinity.jpeg

Do we need to discuss the I AM part again?
Sure, let's look at how Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in Acts 3:13 and then refer to Exodus 3:14,15 where the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the I AM.

As I said you would murder Jesus today or claiming to be God.
Jesus never claimed to be God nor would I murder anyone for claiming that. That's ridiculous and your statement is outrageous.

Sure, let's look at how Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in Acts 3:13 and then refer to Exodus 3:14,15 where the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the I AM.

Jesus never claimed to be God nor would I murder anyone for claiming that. That's ridiculous and your statement is outrageous.
LOL....you've already tried to kill Jesus when you attempt to strip Him of His diety and make Jesus into what He isn't.

Jesus was the creator as well as the God of Abraham...Jesus is the I AM!!!!

According to your false theology....you worship a created being rather than the actual creator. How is that not an idol?
According to your false theology, your god is a man. you have an idol.

Jesus was the creator as well as the God of Abraham...Jesus is the I AM!!!!
Not according to Scripture. Jesus, God's servant, is not the I AM.

Acts 3
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

According to your false theology, your god is a man. you have an idol.
The Word became flesh John 1....it is the Word who emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness..... being found in appearance as a man. Phil 2

Yes, Jesus who is God, the second of the trinity bas born of Mary.

What you have crafted Jesus into is the idol. Time is short for you, you need to recognize the truth.

The Word became flesh John 1....it is the Word who emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness..... being found in appearance as a man. Phil 2

Yes, Jesus who is God, the second of the trinity bas born of Mary.

What you have crafted Jesus into is the idol. Time is short for you, you need to recognize the truth.
So you don't believe Jesus is the begotten Son of God? I understand you need to deny this in order to prop up your anti-Christ doctrine that Jesus is God, but nonetheless, the testimony in the Bible is that this is a point of salvation.

John 3
16For God so loved the world that He gave the only begotten Son, so that everyone believing in Him should not perish, but should have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18The one believing in Him is not judged, but the one not believing already has been judged, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So you don't believe Jesus is the begotten Son of God?
LOL....you clearly don't undertand the term "begotten". Sad part is that it has been explained to you before...and you just flipped it off.

Do you know that "begotten" is an English translation of a Greek word? Do you?
Why don't you look at the original meaning of the word rather than making begotten into the english word you know?
One of the definitions is....pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship......Did you know that? Will you continue to be ignorant and dismiss that?

Your limited knowledge of the Bible pertaining to the word ...3439. monogenés....is severely handicapping you.

LOL....you clearly don't undertand the term "begotten". Sad part is that it has been explained to you before...and you just flipped it off.

Do you know that "begotten" is an English translation of a Greek word? Do you?
Why don't you look at the original meaning of the word rather than making begotten into the english word you know?
One of the definitions is....pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship......Did you know that? Will you continue to be ignorant and dismiss that?

Your limited knowledge of the Bible pertaining to the word ...3439. monogenés....is severely handicapping you.
I have experience with those who find a way to give themselves plausible deniability to strip Jesus of his status as the begotten Son of God, but you won't be able to do the same thing with Hebrews 1:5. Hebrews 1:5 directly means the Son was procreated. He was begotten in every sense of the word. He isn't God.

Exegesis about monogenés, provided that it literally means "only begotten" is that the correct translation for it in context of Jesus is that Jesus is the begotten Son of God.

Now Hebrews 1:5...the bit about "...I have become Your Father..." refers explicitly to Jesus being begotten in no vague or uncertain terms.

5For to which of the angels did God ever say:​
“You are My Son; today I have become Your Father”?​
G1080. gennaó
Strong's Concordance
gennaó: to beget, to bring forth
Original Word: γεννάω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: gennaó
Phonetic Spelling: (ghen-nah'-o)
Definition: to beget, to bring forth
Usage: I beget (of the male), (of the female) I bring forth, give birth to.

Back