• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

~
How could Jesus be the creator of all things if He was created??? Did Jesus create Himself? I
think not, the eternal Son was just that...eternal.

Christ's genealogy is relatively unimportant to the average Gentile, whereas very
important to Jews because only David's biological posterity qualifies to ascend his
throne and govern the people of Israel.

Ps 132:11 . .The Lord has sworn in truth unto David; and He will not turn from it:
"Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne"

The New Testament verifies Christ's biological association with David.

Acts 2:29-30 . . Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch
David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.
Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him,
that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on
his throne.

Rom 1:3 . . . His son; descended from David according to the flesh

FAQ: Jesus is alleged to have been miraculously conceived (Luke 1:27-35) How
then did he in any way at all descend from David's loins, i.e. David's flesh?

REPLY: Mary wasn't Jesus' surrogate mother, viz: he wasn't implanted in her womb,
rather, he was conceived in her womb. Seeing as how Joseph wasn't Jesus'
biological father, then conception by means of his mom's flesh became the default
path to David's flesh. Although women are rare in Bible genealogies, they still
matter. For example Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba. (Matt 1:5-6)

Anyway; if true that Christ is David's biological descendant, and if true that David
was Adam's biological descendant, then it must be true that Christ, along with
David, is also Adam's biological descendant. So then if Adam was a created being,
then his biological descendants Christ and David are also created beings.

It is right here at this very point where Jehovah's Witnesses have rank and file pew
warmers at a disadvantage due to the fact that relatively few Christians are able to
discern the difference between the Word of John 1:1-3 and the flesh that the Word
became at John 1:14, to wit: the Word is an eternal spirit being whereas the Word's
flesh is a temporal material being whose human origin can be easily traced to the
very dust with which his ancestor Adam was constructed.
_

Do you deny that a man named Yeshua of Nazareth died on a cross, was resurrected by God, and taken to heaven by God?
No. I don't deny that. What is your point?

The fallacy of Trinitarianism is that Jesus didn't actually die, but rather a body died. The real Jesus went off somewhere resurrected himself. In effect, nothing but lifeless human body was the sacrifice.
If you are trying to support your view that Trinitarianism is is a fallacy, you shouldn't use fallacies to do so.

1. Trinitarianism does not teach that Jesus didn't actually die.
2. Trinitarianism does not teach that Jesus was not His body.
3.Trinitarianism does not teach that it was not the real Jesus who died and was resurrected.
4. Trinitarianism does not teach that Jesus went off somewhere and resurrected Himself.
5.Trinitarianism does not teach a lifeless human body was the sacrifice.

It seems you want to claim victory for your triune god.

You can claim empty victory on earth, not in heaven.

You see, your site is "triune god-centered", not Christ-centered.
That doesn't prove anything. It's not even an argument. You are only expressing your disdain.

In other words, "You aren't right —you aren't even wrong!"

Answer the question. Your point of view is more than obvious —no need to continue to repeat it.

it says that he was raised from the dead, not that he raised himself from the dead. Jesus and Luke are in harmony. God raised Jesus from the dead because Jesus isn't God.
I guess Jesus was lying when He said...
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

After that it says in John 2:22 that Jesus was raised from the dead. Clearly the language is as though something or Someone external to Jesus was the only taking action upon Jesus. Jesus was "raised" from the dead.

John 2
22After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
Not necessarily. It can also mean simply that He was raised from the dead. That it happened. All three "persons" of the Trinity are said to be involved in the resurrection.

John 2:18-19 Jesus
Acts 2:24 "God raised (Jesus) from the dead."
Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle---not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raise him from the dead.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.

Ergo, the Father is God, the Son is God. the Spirit is God. Only God gives or takes away life.

Answer the question.
No matter how many times you repeat the same question over and over, my claim that this site is NOT "Christ-centered." and it is' triune god-centered" will not change.

Don't switch around your questions when you have no truth.

so lame and dishonest tactics you guys have been using.

If you are trying to support your view that Trinitarianism is is a fallacy, you shouldn't use fallacies to do so.

3.Trinitarianism does not teach that it was not the real Jesus who died and was resurrected.
4. Trinitarianism does not teach that Jesus went off somewhere and resurrected Himself.
So many accusations that you cannot even quote.

But your claim Jesus is God is against Jesus' word.

That's correct and God gave Jesus the authority and men (plural) to forgive sins. This most likely refers to Jesus and his disciples. It follows that since men were given this authority that not only did they not give this authority to themselves, but that Jesus isn't God. This is evidence that Jesus wasn't the only one forgiving sins.

Matt 9
6But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...” Then He said to the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your mat, and go home.” 7And the man got up and went home.

8When the crowds saw this, they were filled with awe and glorified God, who had given such authority to men.
Yes, Christ was both man and God.

And those who proclaim the gospel are in effect forgiving or not forgiving sins, depending on whether the hearers accept or reject Jesus Christ.

How could Jesus be the creator of all things if He was created??? Did Jesus create Himself? I think not, the eternal Son was just that...eternal.
The man Jesus was not created as I am not created. Both of us were generated.

The human nature and body of Jesus were generated, the divine nature of Jesus was not created, it was descended from heaven (Jn 6:38).

The divine eternal Son of God (Jn 1:1), who subsequently became man (Jn 1:14), created all things.
Only Adam was created, the rest of mankind was born of humans, generated, as was Jesus.

Last edited:
So many accusations that you cannot even quote.

But your claim Jesus is God is against Jesus' word.
You are responding to a post with a non sequitur. I was not making accusations, I was exposing fallacies.

If you are attempting to establish that Jesus is not God, that is not done by simply stating that. You must show from Scripture that He is not God or no one has any reason to pay attention to what you say.

How could Jesus be the creator of all things if He was created??? Did Jesus create Himself? I think not, the eternal Son was just that...eternal.
You're catching on it seems. Jesus isn't the creator of all things nor does the Bible say that. The church was created through him, but not the universe, world, etc.

Again you boldly go out and deny the very words of Jesus himself. Like I’ve said before, you must believe the whole Bible not just the parts that support your theories.
The Bible says the Father raised Jesus from the dead. Where does it say Jesus raised himself from the dead?

Thank you for carefully saying that isn't what trinitarianism "teaches," but those things are exactly what trinitarianism infers.

Not according to scripture.

And those who proclaim the gospel are in effect forgiving or not forgiving sins, depending on whether the hearers accept or reject Jesus Christ.
Does the gospel say to believe Jesus is God? If so, kindly point us to where it says that.

Not necessarily. It can also mean simply that He was raised from the dead. That it happened. All three "persons" of the Trinity are said to be involved in the resurrection.

John 2:18-19 Jesus
Acts 2:24 "God raised (Jesus) from the dead."
Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle---not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raise him from the dead.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.

Ergo, the Father is God, the Son is God. the Spirit is God. Only God gives or takes away life.
John 2:22 is is written in a passive voice because the resurrection is something that happened to Jesus rather than something he initiated himself. If Jesus had raised himself from the dead, the verse may possible say "After Jesus raised himself from the dead..." which it does not say because he didn't raise himself from the dead. Jesus spoke prophetically about his own resurrection. The proof that it wasn't Jesus who raised himself is all over the New Testament.

Galatians 1​
1Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead—
Acts 2​
32God has raised this Jesus to life, to which we are all witnesses.​

This means Jesus isn't God.

Not according to scripture.

Does the gospel say to believe Jesus is God? If so, kindly point us to where it says that.
That would be the gospel of John.

". . .the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Jn 1:1). . .the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. (Jn 1:14)"

Are you another who is not informed enough to engage with me in Christian discussion?

John 2:22 is is written in a passive voice because the resurrection is something that happened to Jesus rather than something he initiated himself.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The one doing the raising is not in that sentence. That sentence tells us when the disciples remembered what Jesus said and believed it. And what Jesus said that they remembered is: "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (Speaking about the temple of His body.) That is where we see the one doing the raising.
If Jesus had raised himself from the dead, the verse may possible say "After Jesus raised himself from the dead..." which it does not say because he didn't raise himself from the dead. Jesus spoke prophetically about his own resurrection.
Jesus had already said that He would raise it up. Why would it say it again? Prophetically or not, He still said "I will raise it up."
The proof that it wasn't Jesus who raised himself is all over the New Testament.

Galatians 11Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead—Acts 232God has raised this Jesus to life, to which we are all witnesses.
This means Jesus isn't God.
You left out the ones that say the Spirit raised Him. So there you have three. Father, Son. Holy Spirit. That makes them One.

Thank you for carefully saying that isn't what trinitarianism "teaches," but those things are exactly what trinitarianism infers.
No that is what you infer. Note: Of it isn't what it teaches, but you think it is, then you are the one doing the inferring. And what you infer is way beside the point. Your inferences will not refute something that doesn't exist.

Back