• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

The actual Hebrew word being used is (elohiym.) A elohiym translated into English is ( god-s of "The Living One.")
The people who have or will have life immortal are called gods.
Our spirits are immortal now (2 Co 5:1-9).
When we are transformed we will also have spirit like bodies.
We will have the same kind of body that Jesus had when he was transformed at the resurrection; i.e, a physical (Lk 24:39) spiritual (sinless) body.
There are many gods, real and imagined. It does not mean we will have special powers like God, but we will have life immortal.
The human spirit is immortal now (2 Co 5:1-9), but possessing divine eternal life only since the new birth by the sovereign choice of the Holy Spirit, who is as unaccountable as the wind (Jn 3:5-8).

Last edited:
There Is No Other

Exodus 20:3.
"You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.
There is only one God in three divine persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Mt 28:19, Jn 1:1, 14).

Peter didn't believe Jesus is God either, even when directly asked. Peter believes Jesus is the Son of the Living God.

Matt 1613When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.
That assumes that Peter believes as you do and the scriptures given are presented as confirmation bias. It assumes that when Peter says Jesus is the Son of the Living God that Peter means the same thing you mean by Son of the living God. It also misses the point of what Jesus said in response. Perhaps what was revealed by God, His Father in heaven, was exactly what you deny. That being, that if Jesus' Father is the God in heaven, Jesus is of the very essence of that Father.

Notice Jesus asks who people say the Son of Man is. "Son of Man" was how Jesus usually referred to Himself. So what is the significance of the Son of Man being revealed as the Son of God? Peter did not say any of those things that others were saying---and take note of what it is others were saying. Men and only men, even though used by God and anointed by God for specific purposes, every last one of them.

That assumes that Peter believes as you do and the scriptures given are presented as confirmation bias. It assumes that when Peter says Jesus is the Son of the Living God that Peter means the same thing you mean by Son of the living God. It also misses the point of what Jesus said in response. Perhaps what was revealed by God, His Father in heaven, was exactly what you deny. That being, that if Jesus' Father is the God in heaven, Jesus is of the very essence of that Father.
Indeed!
If Jesus is the begotten son of God (Ac 13:33, Heb 1:5, 5:5, Ps 2:7) then Jesus is of the same nature as God; i.e., divine,
just as I am of the same nature as the father who begot me; i.e., human,
and my puppy is of the same nature as the father who begot him; I.e., canine.
It's not rocket science.
Notice Jesus asks who people say the Son of Man is. "Son of Man" was how Jesus usually referred to Himself. So what is the significance of the Son of Man being revealed as the Son of God? Peter did not say any of those things that others were saying---and take note of what it is others were saying. Men and only men, even though used by God and anointed by God for specific purposes, every last one of them.

Peter and I believe identically because we're both followers of Christ. The Son of Man is the Son of the Living God. This is the answer revealed by the Father in heaven. The answer about who Jesus is as revealed by the Father in heaven is not "Jesus is God."

Matt 16
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.

If Jesus is the begotten son of God (Ac 13:33, Heb 1:5, 5:5, Ps 2:7) then Jesus is of the same nature as God; i.e., divine,
just as I am of the same nature as the father who begot me; i.e., human,
and my puppy is of the same nature as the father who begot him; I.e., canine.
It's not rocket science.

Partaking of the same divine nature is not something that makes Jesus God since the divine nature is also something Christians partake of. It seems your are getting close to the truth.

Notice Jesus asks who people say the Son of Man is. "Son of Man" was how Jesus usually referred to Himself. So what is the significance of the Son of Man being revealed as the Son of God?
Oh, let me answer your question to the deniers!

Being the Son of God gives him God's nature, and being the son of Mary gives him a human nature, he is both God and man.
Therefore, all those in Christ by faith thereby participate in Christ's divine nature, just as by faith they participate in his purchase of the forgiveness of their sin with his own blood.

Being the Son of God gives him God's nature, and being the son of Mary gives him a human nature, he is both God and man.
Therefore, all those in Christ by faith thereby participate in Christ's divine nature, just as by faith they participate in his purchase of the forgiveness of their sin with his own blood.
We true God worshippers know how you guys have been deceiving the world with your disgraceful teachings.

There is only one God in three divine persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Mt 28:19, Jn 1:1, 14).
Holy Spirit

Before it was determined that the Holy Spirit was a third person of a Trinity, (by the Catholics in the 4th century) it was understood that "Holy Spirit" was a title for the Father.

Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Leviticus 24:15
15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of (the Lord / Yahwah) is to be put to death.

Matthew 12:31
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Revelation 4:8
Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying: “‘Holy, holy, holy is (the Lord / Yahwah) God Almighty,’

The oldest textual evidence does not have the trinitarian formula.

Matthew 28:19
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in my name,​

BTW, you are the deniers of God and Jesus.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man who lies, or a son of man who changes His mind. Does He speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?

Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you. I will not come against their cities.

Malachi 3:6
I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.

Last edited:
Peter and I believe identically because we're both followers of Christ.
That is illogical reasoning and won't hold up past me saying "I am a follower of Christ. Do you believe identically with me?"

That is illogical reasoning and won't hold up past me saying "I am a follower of Christ. Do you believe identically with me?"
Jesus' followers believe and trust everything He says but triune god believers dont.

{edited}

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Spirit

Before it was determined that the Holy Spirit was a third person of a Trinity, (by the Catholics in the 4th century) it was understood that
Holy Spirit was a title for the Father.

In the NT we have the Spirit
1) subject to the Father, for the Spirit is sent by the Father in the Son's name (Jn 14:26), and
2) subject to the Son as well as the Father, for the Spirit is sent by the Son as well as the Father (Jn 15:26, 16:7, 14:26).

One doesn't send oneself, one sends another person.

Jesus' followers believe and trust everything He says but triune god believers dont.
How would you know that? FYI I do believe and trust everything He says. I don't believe everything you believe or trust everything you say, but I do believe and trust everything Jesus says.

Right. We don't have to believe the claims of anyone on this forum. Regardless of whether or not you do, the reality is we have the Bible where we can find common ground in (or perhaps a lack thereof it seems.)

What I am saying is that People said Jesus is the Son of the living God and Jesus said that's the answer revealed by the Father. My answer about who Jesus is is the same as Peters. Your answer about who Jesus is, being "God the Son" is not what Peter said and therefore it isn't what the Father in heaven revealed.

Matt 16
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.

Therefore, all those in Christ by faith thereby participate in Christ's divine nature,
Jesus is the model for what is attainable for God's offspring. What he has we can have.
just as by faith they participate in his purchase of the forgiveness of their sin with his own blood.
yeah, but didn't Jesus purchase those from everyone nation for God with his blood?

Revelation 5
9And they sang a new song:
“Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals,
because You were slain,
and by Your blood You purchased for God
those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

Back