• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Thus proving Jesus is not another god.

Simple.
Psalm 82:6
“I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ (elohiym / gods of "The Living One.")

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Yahwah decreed that upon that day Yahshua is His son. All of the people in heaven are called gods because they have life immortal.

Psalm 2:7
I will proclaim (the Lord’s / Yahwah's) decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your Father.

Matthew 3:17
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Matthew 17:5

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

Mark 1:11
And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Mark 9:7
Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”

Luke 3:22
and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Luke 9:35
A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.”

• Psalm 2:7
    I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.

• Acts 13:33
    he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “‘You are my son; today I have become your father.’

• Hebrews 1:5
    For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?

• Hebrews 5:5
    In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”

See post #597.
Thomas also didn't believe Jesus is God. In John 20:17 Jesus said the God of his brothers is the Father. Then in John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" he was referring to the Father.

Peter understood that the son of a father is of the same type as the father.
So "of the same type" or "of the same essence" can refer to offspring?

“I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ (elohiym / gods of "The Living One.")

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Yahwah decreed that upon that day Yahshua is His son. All of the people in heaven are called gods because they have life immortal.

Psalm 2:7
I will proclaim (the Lord’s / Yahwah's) decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your Father.

Matthew 3:17
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Matthew 17:5
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

Mark 1:11
And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Mark 9:7
Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”

Luke 3:22
and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Luke 9:35
A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.”

• Psalm 2:7
    I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.

• Acts 13:33
    he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “‘You are my son; today I have become your father.’

• Hebrews 1:5
    For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?

• Hebrews 5:5
    In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”

The Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer which proves He is God (Acts 7:59).

So "of the same type" or "of the same essence" can refer to offspring?
Yes as well as of the same nature and is of necessity. I.e. dogs can only beget dogs, cats only beget cats, horses do not and cannot beget cows. God only begets the same nature, type, essence as God. Humans only give birth to humans. Thus Jesus has two natures, never mixed. The nature of His Father who begot Him, and the nature of His mother who gave Him birth. If you say this is impossible, then you have found something Jesus lied about when He said nothing was impossible with God. And if He lied about that, or anything, then He is disqualified as Redeemer.

Thomas also didn't believe Jesus is God. In John 20:17 Jesus said the God of his brothers is the Father. Then in John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" he was referring to the Father.
See post #597.

The Lord Jesus affirmed He is the proper recipient of prayer in John 14:14.

The Lord Jesus affirmed He is the proper recipient of prayer in John 14:14
Even so, it is a contradiction to the rest of the bible.
Hardly a contradiction to the whole of Scripture when we likewise see Jesus prescribing and accepting worship of himself from angels (Heb 1:6) and men (Mt 2:2, 11, 14:33, 28:9, 17, Lk 24:52, Jn 9:38, 20:28-29) without correction or reprimand (as in Ac 10:25-26, 14:14-15, Mt 4:10, Rev 22:9).

Last edited:
Hardly a contradiction to the whole of Scripture when we likewise see Jesus prescribing and accepting worship of himself from angels (Heb 1:6) and men (Mt 2:2, 11, 14:33, 28:9, 17, Lk 24:52, Jn 9:38, 20:28-29) without correction or reprimand (as in Ac 10:25-26, 14:14-15, Mt 4:10, Rev 22:9).

Speaking of Yahwah
Psalms 97:7.
7 All who serve carved images,
those who boast in idols, will be put to shame.
All the gods[a] must worship Him.

Footnotes​

1. Psalm 97:7 LXX, Syr read All His angels; Heb 1:6

Deuteronomy 32:43

New International Version

43 Rejoice, you nations, with his people,[a][b]
for he will avenge the blood of his servants;
he will take vengeance on his enemies
and make atonement for his land and people.

Footnotes

Deuteronomy 32:43 Or Make his people rejoice, you nations

Deuteronomy 32:43 Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls (see also Septuagint) people, / and let all the angels worship him, /

I do not see the words ( worship or angel / messenger) in the original text.

Dead Sea Scroll Deut 32:43
Deut 32:43.
Rejoice heavens, with His people, and bow down to Him, all ( elohiym / gods of the Living One,) for He will avenge the blood of His sons. He will take vengeance on His adversaries, and those who hate Him, and will make atonement for His land and people.

This verse is directing the elohiym, (gods of The Living One) to worship Yahwah.

“I said, ‘You are (“gods” / elohiym;) you are all sons of the Most High.’

Even so, it is a contradiction to the rest of the bible.

Speaking of Yahwah
Psalms 97:7.
7 All who serve carved images,
those who boast in idols, will be put to shame.
All the gods[a] must worship Him.

Footnotes​

1. Psalm 97:7 LXX, Syr read All His angels; Heb 1:6
So other gods actually exist?

Or is the psalmist using the word to speak of other spirit beings; i.e., angelic spirits?

Back