• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

See post #581.
John didn’t believe God came in the flesh. He believed Jesus Christ came in the flesh. He is saying the messiah came in the flesh. Do you agree with John or no?

2 John 1
7For many deceivers have gone out into the world, refusing to confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

M

Yahshua is called "The Word" because he speaks for Yahwah.
Exactly and YHWH’s words lead to eternal life.

John 12
49I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it. 50And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.”

John 8:15
You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one.
Christ relies on the Father when making a judgement.

Does that mean the Father saw to it to let Jesus fully know the hearts of all?

John didn’t believe God came in the flesh. He believed Jesus Christ came in the flesh. He is saying the messiah came in the flesh. Do you agree with John or no?

2 John 1
7For many deceivers have gone out into the world, refusing to confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
See post #597.

Does that mean the Father saw to it to let Jesus fully know the hearts of all?
No. As the occasional need info is reviled.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
John 13:16
Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

Yahshua is a servant and messenger, besides being Yahwah's special son by adoption.

No. As the occasional need info is reviled.

Since your Jesus doesn't fully know the hearts of all then he is not a legitimate judge = "righteous Judge" (2 Timothy 4:8).
There are things he won't know of about people.

Last edited:
See post #597.
Peter didn't believe Jesus is God either, even when directly asked. Peter believes Jesus is the Son of the Living God.

Matt 16​
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”​
15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.
Who is the Living God you ask?

Jeremiah 10​
10But the LORD is the true God;
He is the living God and eternal King.
The earth quakes at His wrath,​
and the nations cannot endure His indignation.​

Peter didn't believe Jesus is God either, even when directly asked. Peter believes Jesus is the Son of the Living God.

Matt 16​
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”​
15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.
Who is the Living God you ask?

Jeremiah 10​
10But the LORD is the true God;
He is the living God and eternal King.
The earth quakes at His wrath,​
and the nations cannot endure His indignation.​
See post #597.

Jesus being the Son of God is to be called on (= prayed to) demonstrating He is God.

Acts 9:20-21
(20) And straightway he preached Jesus in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.
(21) But all who heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he who destroyed those who called on this Name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

Peter understood that the son of a father is of the same type as the father.

Jesus being the Son of God is to be called on (= prayed to) demonstrating He is God.

(20) And straightway he preached Jesus in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.
(21) But all who heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he who destroyed those who called on this Name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?
Christ instructed us to pray to the Father.

Acts 9:21.
21 All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who (call / mention) (this / that) name? [Yahshua] And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?”

Acts 9:21.
21 All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who (call / mention) (this / that) name? [Yahshua] And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?”

Thanks for your opinion of what the Greek word for "call" means in this passage.
Do some more research.

Thanks for your opinion of what the Greek word for "call" means in this passage.
Do some more research.
It is against the command of God to INVOKE the names of other gods.

Exodus 23:13
“Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips.

Joshua 23:7
Do not associate with these nations that remain among you; do not invoke the names of their gods or swear by them. You must not serve them or bow down to them.

Hosea 2:17
I will remove the names of the (Baals / Lords) from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked.

We are to only invoke the name Yahwah in our prayers.

Matthew 6:9
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

Luke 11:2
He said to them, “When you pray, say: “‘Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.

1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and (God / Yahwah) will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Zechariah 14:9
(The Lord / Yahwah) will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one (Lord / Yahwah,) and his name the only name.

Back