• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Catholics canonized the NT.

Only Jesus' word is God's word.
The Catholic canon is not the same as the Protestant canon. They add books to it. And before you use that as an argument, it would be prudent to understand the process of canonization.

So who Canonized the Bible you call the word of God. Or do you have your own means of canonization: i.e. what Grace wants to be the Bible?

???? I do not see how this question could possibly arise out of what @Eleanor said. Unless you do not know what inferred means or what humanly inferred means.
It was a pretty straightforward question. Waiting for their answer.

The Catholic canon is not the same as the Protestant canon. They add books to it. And before you use that as an argument, it would be prudent to understand the process of canonization.

So who Canonized the Bible you call the word of God. Or do you have your own means of canonization: i.e. what Grace wants to be the Bible?
You guys make your own word of God.

Yep. The Trinity isn’t even described or explained in the Bible yet they have a whole theology for it in creeds and commentaries.

That is not what I asked you. But I know it is too much too expect that you would answer it.

Not sure why you call it loose when makes sense. Isaiah 7, regarding Immanuel, says he needed time to know to reject evil and choose good. God doesn't need time to know to reject evil and choose good.
The human nature of the God-Man Jesus (Jn 1:1 14) was an infant, as are all human beings.
That's why Jesus denied being God when he said only God is good.
Whereby Jesus was telling the man that he was correctly acknowledging Jesus as God.

Last edited:
The human nature of the God-Man Jesus (Jn 1:1 14) was an infant, as are all human beings.
Seems the hypostatic union is a shield used when Jesus isn't God and when he seems to do something that's god like it's used to claim his deity. On that point, what is something Jesus did that only God can do?

Whereby Jesus was telling the man that he was correctly acknowledging Jesus as God.
Why do you call me good? The only one who is good is God. Please tell me how this is me claiming to be God.

Seems the hypostatic union is a shield used when Jesus isn't God and when he seems to do something that's god like it's used to claim his deity.
I don't find that word in the NT.
On that point, what is something Jesus did that only God can do?
Proceeded out from within (ex-elthon, form of erchomai) God the Father (Jn 8:42, 16:47, 28, 17:8), as light proceeds out from within the sun, it being light.
Why do you call me good? The only one who is good is God. Please tell me how this is me claiming to be God.
Jesus said the man was calling him God, because only God is good and the man called him good.

only God = good = Jesus

Your unbelief of Jesus as God disqualifies you for any discussion of it with me.

Last edited:

Proceeded out from within (ex-elthon, form of erchomai) God the Father (Jn 8:42, 16:47, 28, 17:8), as light proceeds out from within the sun, it being light.

Jesus said the man was calling him God, because only God is good and the man called him good.

only God = good = Jesus

Your unbelief of Jesus as God disqualifies you for any discussion of it with me.
Another unbiblical and illogical commentary.

There is no such thing as God-Man Jesus.

so sad.
"The Word was God. . .the Word became flesh (man) and dwelt among us." (Jn 1:1 14)

You are too Biblically uninformed to have a basis for this discussion.

The word Trinity isn't in the NT. It's just the name of a doctrine. :)
Amen the Father sent the Son who exists in the "form" of God in the morphé usage of the word, defined as the outward appearance, what is visual to the eyes per Philippians 2:6.

only God = good = Jesus
Isaiah said Immanuel (Jesus) needed time to know the reject evil and choose good. It sounds like he had to learn what is good through knowledge and experience like a normal human. That isn't a description of God. I would maintain Jesus denied being God.

Isaiaih 7
15By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good, He will be eating curds and honey.

Mark 10
18“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.

Well, I won't slam the door on you. If you ever feel like talking about it I am here. May God bless you.

The word Trinity isn't in the NT.
Nor did I use the word there.
It's just the name of a doctrine. :)
Amen the Father sent the Son who exists in the "form" of God in the morphé usage of the word, defined as the outward appearance, what is visual to the eyes per Philippians 2:6.
Isaiah said Immanuel (Jesus) needed time to know the reject evil and choose good. It sounds like he had to learn what is good through knowledge and experience like a normal human. That isn't a description of God. I would maintain Jesus denied being God.
While I declare on the authority of John the apostle whom Jesus loved, and to whom Jesus gave the book of Revelation, that
Jesus was God (Jn 1:1) and became man (Jn 1:14) and that Jesus is
Immanuel (Isa 7:14, Mt 1:23) "God with us;"
"Mighty God, Everlasting Father" (Isa 9:6);
God who came to save (Isa 35:4-6, 43:11),
YHWH Adonai of Eze 34:11-16 who is the shepherd of the sheep (Jn 10:11-15).
Well, I won't slam the door on you. If you ever feel like talking about it I am here. May God bless you.
We have no basis for discussion.

Last edited:
While I declare on the authority of John the apostle whom Jesus loved, and to whom Jesus gave the book of Revelation, that
Jesus was God (Jn 1:1) and became man (Jn 1:14) and that Jesus is
Immanuel (Isa 7:14, Mt 1:23) "God with us;"
"Mighty God, Everlasting Father" (Isa 9:6);
God who came to save (Isa 35:4-6, 43:11),
YHWH Adonai of Eze 34:11-16 who is the shepherd of the sheep (Jn 10:11-15).

We have no basis for discussion.
John didn’t believe Jesus is God. Did you read how he and Peter prayed in Acts 4? He doesn’t pray like someone who believes Jesus is God. He prays like a Unitarian.

Acts 4
23On their release, Peter and John returned to their own people and reported everything that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24When the believers heard this, they lifted up their voices to God with one accord. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “You made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

27In fact, this is the very city where Herod and Pontius Pilate conspired with the Gentiles and the people of Israel against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed.

So you think John thought the word is literally God in John 1:1 but not God in Acts 4:24,27?

There is a correct way to understand who Jesus is, but you won’t believe it yet.

Back