• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Thank you, but that isn't exactly what the Bible says. The Bible calls him the "image of God" a man with the "fullness of God" the "representation of his being/person/nature" but not himself God. There are too many things to the contrary to believe otherwise.

Never mind the fact that worshipping a man as though he is God is idolatry. He could do nothing of himself, got his power and authority from the Father, prayed to God, worshipped God, served God, died for God, was resurrected by God, never claimed to be God, and denied being God.

Someone doesn't claim to be God and directly denies being God isn't God.

Those are not my words you quoted from in post 220.

You are confused.

Being joined to the Lord entails praying to the Lord.
That's a pretty far stretch. Joining with someone in spirit doesn't mean their is prayer involved or it would require praying to each other. That's idolatry again. Jesus directly taught to pray to the Father in Matt 6:6,9

John 17
21that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

And yet Jesus gives eternal life. More evidence that He is God.
I would offer. .

The word eternal must be defined. Believers are warned to beware of those who would change the meaning of one word it violates the integrity of the whole . many words have been changed by some in that way.
Change the meaning of one word change all the commandments You could call it spiritual plagiarism redefining the word death ( Surely you will not die look at my beauty and live forever) making the word of God sola scriptura) without effect One word again there seems many according to the witness of His word. .

Deuteronomy 4King James Version4 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it (singular), that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.

Eternal or a remnant of the fullness of grace which is the complete cost of salvation , or more sufferings and wonderings even after one takes thier last breath. calling that Eternal Life?

Some say only a queen mother of heaven (Jeremiah 44) his an hers gods received the fullness of salvation eternal life other received a unknown measure of grace must suffer and wonder with not end of salvation in sight .

The Bible God's living word infallible informs us in 1 Peter that the born again believers born of incorruptible seed (Christ) The living word of God .informing that as new creatures we received the end of the work of Christ's labor of His love or call a work of his faith . Yoked with Him our burden can be lighter with a living hope beyond what the eyes see, the temporal

1 Peter1 a beautiful gospel parable teaching of the power new born again of faith . God giving us ears to hear his eternal understanding of faith

1 Peter 1:23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Peter 1:7-11 That the trial of your (new born again) faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

We can look back to the three days and nights demonstration of the Holy Father and Son working as one yoked by the love of the Father they can look with thier new born faith (understanding) they looked ahead no limbo or purgatory.

That's a pretty far stretch.

Not when it is compared how the word is used elsewhere in Scripture in reference to YHWH.

You ignored the passages I supplied because it refutes your heresy.

Okay, so, Jesus is like the ultimate savior, not just God's representative, but actually like God Himself.Jjust check out Colossians 1:19 and John 1:1–2, 14–18. It's all there. Jesus is like this perfect picture of God, and at the same time, He's God for real. It's wild, right? The Son is like this clear window into the invisible God. He shows us what God's all about, His power, wisdom, and goodness, everything that makes Him who He is. It's pretty awesome, if you ask me.

And as the last part of the text says, the entire Godhead dwells in him, so yes, he certainly can and did have a hand in creating everything.
Thank you, but that isn't exactly what the Bible says. The Bible calls him the "image of God" a man with the "fullness of God" the "representation of his being/person/nature" but not himself God. There are too many things to the contrary to believe otherwise.

Never mind the fact that worshipping a man as though he is God is idolatry. He could do nothing of himself, got his power and authority from the Father, prayed to God, worshipped God, served God, died for God, was resurrected by God, never claimed to be God, and denied being God.

Someone doesn't claim to be God and directly denies being God isn't God.

Not when it is compared how the word is used elsewhere in Scripture in reference to YHWH.

You ignored the passages I supplied because it refutes your heresy.
Jesus directly taught praying to the Father in Matt 6:6,9. That isn't heresy. The only heresy is yours that says otherwise. You have been searching far and wide for any reason to pray to someone else. I am happy for you. The longer you keep searching the more likely you are to finally just believe Matt 6:6,9

Jesus directly taught praying to the Father in Matt 6:6,9. That isn't heresy. The only heresy is yours that says otherwise. You have been searching far and wide for any reason to pray to someone else. I am happy for you. The longer you keep searching the more likely you are to finally just believe Matt 6:6,9

Dodge.
Typical.

1 Corinthians 6:17 is still there.

And yet Jesus gives eternal life. More evidence that He is God.
It's because the words Jesus spoke were the words God the Father gave him. God's words lead to eternal life and Jesus gave them the words of eternal life.

The eternal life only comes from the Father.

John 12
49I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it. 50And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.”

Dodge.
Typical.

1 Corinthians 6:17 is still there.
It would seem your bone to pick is with God and Jesus. Perhaps you should just believe the instructions Jesus gave for prayer in Matt 6:6,9 where he explicitly and directly taught his disciples to pray to the Father. He never told them to "pray to Jesus." No one in the Bible ever prayed to Jesus.

God loves 1 Corinthians 6:17.
Being one with each other in spirit doesn't imply prayer to each other. The disciples didn't pray to each other when they were united in spirit with each other.

John 17
21that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

It does in reference to the Lord.

Thanks for making this easy for me.
Jesus isn't God though. He said only pray to the Father (the only true God per John 17:3) in Matt 6:6,9

1 Corinthians 6:17 is still in the Bible though.
Yes and that's great. There are still a lot of other verses in the Bible too. What's your point?

They don't contradict 1 Corinthians 6:17.

You do.
This isn't going away. Thank God.

John 17

Okay, so, Jesus is like the ultimate savior, not just God's representative, but actually like God Himself.Jjust check out Colossians 1:19 and John 1:1–2, 14–18. It's all there. Jesus is like this perfect picture of God, and at the same time, He's God for real. It's wild, right? The Son is like this clear window into the invisible God. He shows us what God's all about, His power, wisdom, and goodness, everything that makes Him who He is. It's pretty awesome, if you ask me.

And as the last part of the text says, the entire Godhead dwells in him, so yes, he certainly can and did have a hand in creating everything.
He did have a hand in demonstration of the (Unseen ) lamb of God slain from the foundation the six days he did work the promised bloody demonstration thousands of years later.

A demonstration of the unseen Holy Father working in dying mankind the Son of man Jesus. The dynamic duo God and redeemed mankind .
The Father striking the Son bruising his heel. His heel crushing the head of the serpent or father of lie . . again three times the Father yoked with the Son strengthening the Son empowering him to perform the good will of the Father.

The Father (not a creation) did his work in creating as our Faithful and True Creator. "Let there be Light" as the very essence and "of God It revealed the hidden thing of God" and the earth took on form revealing his handy work. Thousand of years before the Son of nan was formed from the dust like all of dying mankind .

1 Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. . . . . ." Let there be ' . . . . .God good

Not dying mankind . . . . . . . good .

This isn't going away. Thank God.

John 17

They are not united in the "Lord" in reference to referring to one another as the "Lord" above themselves.

They are so in relation to Jesus as being the Lord to whom they are joined to.
This entails praying to the Lord Jesus.

Again, thanks for making this easy for me.

Back