• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Did God appoint an infallible judge?

Carbon

Admin
Reaction score
Faith
Reformed
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
Christians,

Is there an infallible judge upon earth which God has appointed who can rule in disputes concerning the holy Scriptures? Has God appointed a judge here on earth to whom everyone should submit?

If there is such a judge, would this be the church, an ecclesiastical assembly, or the pope of Rome?

Actually, dont the RCC elevate their pope above ecclesiastical assemblies? Yes, they do. The majority of practicing Catholics view him to be infallible when making a declaration from his papal chair.

I believe the Christian Church denies that there is an infallible judge upon earth who rules in disputes concerning scripture and to whose judgment everyone should submit. We deny that either the Roman Catholic Church, its ecclesiastical assembly, or the pope can be judge. And following are some of the reasons why.

Last edited:
It is impossible for any man to be an infallible judge in any environment, nevermind as a member of Christ's Body---as we are all sinners and far from being perfected. If we are not perfected, than our judgements must be also less than perfect.
So rather than look to a man, the Body of Christ must look solely to its Head and the Holy Spirit.

I believe the Christian Church denies that there is an infallible judge upon earth who rules in disputes concerning scripture and to whose judgment everyone should submit. We deny that either the Roman Catholic Church, its ecclesiastical assembly, or the pope can be judge. And following are some of the reasons why.
First, there is not one jot or tittle in the whole bible that makes reference to such a prominent, superior, and infallible judge. No one to judge in disputes and ascertain the meaning of the scriptures.

Much less is there any reference that such authority is vested with assemblies of the RCC or with the pope. Let just one proof text be produced!

If there was such proof in scripture I know Rome would have made mention of such a privilege. And on such an important matter, if it were true even the apostle Peter would have made mention. With something of such importance, Peter would have given some mention of such a pope exceeding him with such authority.

Peter does not mention a word relating to this matter; in fact scripture tells us that Peter was rebuked by Paul - But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. Gal 2:11. At the first ecclesiastical assembly held in Jerusalem (Off to a bad start huh? ;)) And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: Acts 15:13. Peter was not even the chairman, but the assembly acted according to the judgment of James.
Thus, all the action of the pope is nothing but a usurpation of authority.

The RCC and her pope presumptuously claim authority for herself which is neither received nor can validate. ;)

So far, no good. Nope! :unsure:

It is impossible for any man to be an infallible judge in any environment, nevermind as a member of Christ's Body---as we are all sinners and far from being perfected. If we are not perfected, than our judgements must be also less than perfect.
So rather than look to a man, the Body of Christ must look solely to its Head and the Holy Spirit.
Agreed brother. And what you say here is, simply the truth. If such an important position was appointed by Christ, it would surely be validated in scripture.

Agreed brother. And what you say here is, simply the truth. If such an important position was appointed by Christ, it would surely be validated in scripture.
And it would have been illustrated in scripture and it is not. Just the opposite is clear most especially through the book of Acts.
Rome stole its hierarchal structure from that of the 'angelic host' which was never meant for man. From the beginning 'man' was to walk with God as Head and so for His Church. One Headship over a co-equal Body of believers. Members with different practical function--but never ecclesiastical headship. Wherever that does happen---every single time---corruption occurs.

Second, the pope is not infallible in doctrine or in practice. History proves this. Some have been exceptionally ungodly, having been fornificatios, occultists. heretics and atheists; this is confirmed by historians. How can such individuals function as infallible judges in disputes or doctrinal issues? I just can't imagine agreeing with much an atheist to an occultist has to say concerning doctrinal issues. Good grief no! :cautious:

The secrets of the Lord are with those who fear Him.
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. Psalm 25:14.

And it would have been illustrated in scripture and it is not. Just the opposite is clear most especially through the book of Acts.
Rome stole its hierarchal structure from that of the 'angelic host' which was never meant for man. From the beginning 'man' was to walk with God as Head and so for His Church. One Headship over a co-equal Body of believers. Members with different practical function--but never ecclesiastical headship. Wherever that does happen---every single time---corruption occurs.
Amen! And if that was to be proven by scripture, I would find my spot in line.

The pope legislates in direct contradiction to scripture. For example.

He forbids the use of food God has created and is to be received with thanksgiving. He also forbids marriage, both of which are contrary to - 1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Ha, he also commands that a piece of bread be worshipped as God. I would think many RC's would come to their senses here. Well perhaps some have.
The pope instituted the religious worship of angels, deceased saints, and images. All of this is directly contrary to scripture.
Can such a man be an infallible judge? How abominable!

The pope legislates in direct contradiction to scripture. For example.

He forbids the use of food God has created and is to be received with thanksgiving. He also forbids marriage, both of which are contrary to - 1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1 Timothy 4:3 states, "They forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth." Catholic priests voluntarily choose celibacy to serve God more fully, as Jesus and Paul endorsed (Matthew 19:12, 1 Corinthians 7:7-8). Paul himself practiced celibacy and encouraged it for those who could accept it (1 Corinthians 7:1-2, 7-10). Secondly, Paul wasn't condemning all forms of abstinence. In Acts 15:28-29, the Council of Jerusalem, which Paul attended, mandated abstinence from certain foods for Gentile converts. Thus, Paul’s warning in 1 Timothy 4:3 targets heretical teachings that denounce marriage and certain foods as inherently evil, not the disciplined practices of the Church.

1 Timothy 4:3 states, "They forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth." Catholic priests voluntarily choose celibacy to serve God more fully,
Okay, thats fine. But you missed what I wrote. :)

as Jesus and Paul endorsed (Matthew 19:12, 1 Corinthians 7:7-8). Paul himself practiced celibacy and encouraged it for those who could accept it (1 Corinthians 7:1-2, 7-10). Secondly, Paul wasn't condemning all forms of abstinence.
Oh is that what it is? All the people who decide to be an RC priest they all come with the mindset to not marry and have sex. Well, I won't go into what many Catholic Priests have done and how the Church tries to cover it all up. Because the Church and its pope try to take away from people what God declared as natural for a man and woman. Ill stick with infallible scripture.

In Acts 15:28-29, the Council of Jerusalem, which Paul attended, mandated abstinence from certain foods for Gentile converts. Thus, Paul’s warning in 1 Timothy 4:3 targets heretical teachings that denounce marriage and certain foods as inherently evil, not the disciplined practices of the Church.
You know better.

God wills that everyone's doctrine and practice should be in accordance with the scriptures.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Isaiah 8:20.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John5:39.

Does anyone deny this?

Okay, thats fine. But you missed what I wrote. :)

Oh is that what it is? All the people who decide to be an RC priest they all come with the mindset to not marry and have sex. Well, I won't go into what many Catholic Priests have done and how the Church tries to cover it all up. Because the Church and its pope try to take away from people what God declared as natural for a man and woman. Ill stick with infallible scripture.
That doesn't change the fact that Christ and Paul were celibate.

Mt 19:12 Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it.”

God wills that everyone's doctrine and practice should be in accordance with the scriptures.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Isaiah 8:20.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John5:39.

Does anyone deny this?
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. Matt 22:29.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17:11.

That doesn't change the fact that Christ and Paul were celibate.
Why would that help you? I mean, so what? Good.
Mt 19:12 Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it.”
Amen!

Jesus said the word itself is the judge. Not the pope pr the RCC.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:48.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim 3:16.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12.

Thus the word itself is the what settles disputes, not a pope, not a Church. It is the soverigne living God who speaks it.

Second, the pope is not infallible in doctrine or in practice. History proves this. Some have been exceptionally ungodly, having been fornificatios, occultists. heretics and atheists; this is confirmed by historians. How can such individuals function as infallible judges in disputes or doctrinal issues? I just can't imagine agreeing with much an atheist to an occultist has to say concerning doctrinal issues. Good grief no! :cautious:

The secrets of the Lord are with those who fear Him.
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. Psalm 25:14.
Not to mention the papacy murdering between 50-68 million in Europe alone. Another huge population was wiped out by the Spansih branch in S. America. Many more millions.
I simply do not understand how that can be over-looked---and yet it is.

Jesus said the word itself is the judge. Not the pope pr the RCC.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:48.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim 3:16.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12.
Lk 10:16 Whoever listens to you listens to ME. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

Not to mention the papacy murdering between 50-68 million in Europe alone. Another huge population was wiped out by the Spansih branch in S. America. Many more millions.
I simply do not understand how that can be over-looked---and yet it is.
Yes, and Catholics will claim that many protests killed Catholics. Well God didn't make protests passivists. We do fight back. There are books on the market, (I have one) which show the history of this. The Catholics are way ahead when it comes to murdering the saints.

Back