• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

You don't appear to realise that Scripture Alone and Faith Alone are referring to different aspects of life. Scripture Alone refers to it being our sole, and sufficient, authority, in matters of doctrine and morals; whereas, Faith Alone refers to the fact that the channel through which God saves us is faith, and only faith.
You only find faith alone in scripture twice
Both times it says “not faith alone” Phil 1:29 James 2:24

Christ and his apostolic church are the source of truth and faith not scripture alone!

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!

Not at all. If the faith is valid, it is faith generated by the Spirit of God living in me. First. Faith generated, and belief decided, on my own, is worse than useless. I found out that I believed. I didn't choose to believe, until I was already born again. We do so, because it is so.
Pray tell how did you get born again?

Pray tell how did you get born again?
By the Spirit of God taking up residence within me, and that, according to God's own timing and purposes. The Spirit of God is who regenerated me. I was not consulted for permission for my first birth. Why, then, would he consult me for regeneration? I was unable to comply, until I was raised from death to life.

I was not consulted for permission for my first birth.
Oh, I like that line. I know of 7 biblical analogies and they all depend on God initiating a relationship with us
  1. Born again (as you mentioned)
  2. Adopted (children (us) don't adopt parents (God))
  3. John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it pleaseth... so is everyone that is born of the Spirit."
  4. Sheep/ Shepherd analogy ... obviously the shepherd chooses His sheep
  5. Being physically born "spiritually dead" ... not like one can raise himself from the dead (Christ excepted)
  6. Romans 9:21 Does the potter not have the right over the clay
  7. Revelation 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. .... The groom choses his bride

Oh, I like that line. I know of 7 biblical analogies and they all depend on God initiating a relationship with us
  1. Born again (as you mentioned)
  2. Adopted (children (us) don't adopt parents (God))
  3. John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it pleaseth... so is everyone that is born of the Spirit."
  4. Sheep/ Shepherd analogy ... obviously the shepherd chooses His sheep
  5. Being physically born "spiritually dead" ... not like one can raise himself from the dead (Christ excepted)
  6. Romans 9:21 Does the potter not have the right over the clay
  7. Revelation 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. .... The groom choses his bride
Agreed. And yet somehow the opposers insist on a status of 'sentient beings' intrinsically worthy of respect by their own Creator. They even insist they know what "made in the image of God" means.

They even insist they know what "made in the image of God" means.
If I had a nickel for every time someone involved the "image of God" as proof of their premise I would be rich ....
well, maybe I'm exaggerating ... but I think I'd have close to a dollar.

You only find faith alone in scripture twice
Both times it says “not faith alone” Phil 1:29 James 2:24

Christ and his apostolic church are the source of truth and faith not scripture alone!

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Jn 1:3-5
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15
Salvation is by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. If you think that there's some other way of salvation, then you need to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.

The Bible contains the doctrine of the apostles.

Hearing the church is to do with church discipline, not extra biblical doctrine.

According to apostolic teaching, salvation from God's wrath (Ro 5:9) on our sin is through faith alone, not by works (Eph 2:8-9).
Scripture say faith only or alone twice
Phil 1:29 not called to faith alone
James 2:24 justified by works and not faith alone

Faith, Hope, charity!

Never alone! Always together!

Inseparable!

Romans 5:5
King James Version
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing.

1 cor 13:12 now abide faith, hope, and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

If salvation was by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!!!

If we are saved by faith alone then when we first believed we would be saved?

Romans 13:11
…our salvation nearer than when we believed.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Scripture say faith only or alone twice
So how many times must the holy word of God say it before it is true?

Keeping in mind that faith without works applies only to salvation from the wrath of God (Ro 5:9) on your sin at the new birth.

It does not refer to the entire Christian life where sancification is through obedience in the Holy Spirit which leads to righteousness leading to holiness (Ro 16:16, 19).

Last edited:
So how many times must the holy word of God say it before it is true?
Depends on whether it's God's WORD, or nothing more that your / your religious system's private interpretation of God's Word.
Keeping in mind that faith without works applies only to salvation from the wrath of God (Ro 5:9) on your sin at the new birth.
Pure HERESY. Invokes the LIE of "Imputed SIN" on a totally innocent person.
It does not refer to the entire Christian life where sancification is through obedience in the Holy Spirit which leads to righteousness leading to holiness (Ro 16:16, 19).
"Sanctification" (being set apart) is both INSTANTANEOUS when a person is Born again, and life-long PROGRESSIVE, where what a person DOES with what they've been given is the issue.

E
Salvation is by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. If you think that there's some other way of salvation, then you need to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.

The Bible contains the doctrine of the apostles.

Hearing the church is to do with church discipline, not extra biblical doctrine.

Eph 2:8 refer to redemption, justification, or salvation?

Eph 2:8 who’s faith?

Eph 2:8 refer to redemption, justification, or salvation?
Eph. 2:8 refers to salvation, of which redemption and justification are elements; although that verse only mentions having been saved, not its constituent parts.

Eph. 2:4-10 (WEB)
4 But God, being rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us,
5 even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus;
8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, that no one would boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.

Eph 2:8 who’s faith?
Assuming that you meant "whose faith?", the answer is that the focus in not upon whose faith it is, but upon the One towards whom the faith is directed - the Lord Jesus Christ.

Depends on whether it's God's WORD, or nothing more that your / your religious system's private interpretation of God's Word.

Pure HERESY. Invokes the LIE of "Imputed SIN" on a totally innocent person.

"Sanctification" (being set apart) is both INSTANTANEOUS when a person is Born again, and life-long PROGRESSIVE, where what a person DOES with what they've been given is the issue.
You seem to be under the impression that we are of dignity in and of ourselves, and God must respect us for what we are. We are not yet. Not here, anyway. Though he consider me with the dignity of a paramecium, yet will I praise him.

We are only what we are, and 'innocent' is not the word with which to describe a paramecium recently split from its predecessor —we are only what God is making of us, and whatever he assesses us to be. He has every right to do as he pleases with his creation. Do you think our moral position begins to mean something on the scale of the infinite burning purity of our maker? INNOCENT??? We weren't even conceived yet, when the whole race of men was imputed with Adam's guilt. You don't know what you are talking about.

Back