• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

He fails to understand the three stages of salvation; past, present and future.
All those apply to the second stage, not the first stage by faith alone.
I had troubles understanding your post #57 ... but I think I get it now upon subsequent reflection. I agree.
I stated your concept as: "he's got a lot of verses dealing with the effects of faith (works)" where effects of faith is your Stage 2.

I'd rather eat popcorn so I won't ask him how the thief of the cross was baptized to be saved .... must have been by 'sprinkling' by a passer by (giggle). (Aside: Mark 16:16 not found in older texts but that's another tangent)

You died as much by what Adam did as you are born again by what Christ did. (Ro 5:18-19).

Adam's sin is imputed to those born of Adam just as Christ's righteousness is imputed to those born of Christ (Ro 5:18-19).
TOTAL GARBAGE!!!! NOTHING from Adam is imputed to anybody else. You'll perish because of your OWN SIN, and nothing else.

It doesn't matter anyway. Since YOU HAVE SIN, you're hell-bound until you're Born Again, regardless of any phony "Imputed sin".

So, what's YOUR ANSWER for the unborn, and babies??? Do they all go to hell because of Adam's sin???

Jn 3:5 what’s the water for?
SInce the entire context of John 3 ia the juxtaposition of the "Flesly life, and the SPiritual life, then "Born of water obviously refers to "Natural birth" contrasted against Spiritual Birth. "Born of water" has nothing to do with "Baptism" whatsoever.

Yet, it says that all men are condemned by the sin of the one man, (Adam). Whether or not the humans were or were not cursed is irrelevant. God imputed Adam's sin to all men.

I.e. you are moving the goalposts to bring up the range of effects of the curse.
Nope, you're the one "Moving the goalposts" to try to reinforce your "Imputed original SIN" agenda. NOTHING was "imputed to you" from anything that Adam, or his wife did. You provided YOUR OWN SIN as soon as you could.

If it was, then Jesus couldn't have been a valid SIN OFFERING, since he had Adam's SIN on him to begin with (that's why Roman Catholics had to invent their "Immaculate conception" foolishness, as a "work-around" for "original SIN").

TOTAL GARBAGE!!!! NOTHING from Adam is imputed to anybody else. You'll perish because of your OWN SIN, and nothing else.
But there was no sin between Adam and Moses, because there was no law, and Scripture states where there is no law, there is no transgression.
Yet, they all died.

It is the burden of Ro 5:12-4 to show that they died when no sin was accounted to them because the guilt of Adam had been imputed to them, just as righteousness is imputed (Ro 5:18-19).
It doesn't matter anyway. Since YOU HAVE SIN, you're hell-bound until you're Born Again, regardless of any phony "Imputed sin".

So, what's YOUR ANSWER for the unborn, and babies??? Do they all go to hell because of Adam's sin???
Depends on whether they are elect or not (Ro 8:28-29), as Jacob was elected for God's purpose and Esau was not.

Sound like faith alone to you?

Verses that oppose “faith alone”!

Mk 16:16 faith and baptism

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

Deut 6:4 love of God
Matt 19:17 commandments
Matt 16:25 lose you’re life / rev 12:11
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Matt 24:13 endure
Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Phil 1:29 faith and suffering rom 8:17 2 Timothy 2:12
1 thes 1:3 faith, love, patience / 2 thes 1:4 / 1 Tim 6:11 /
James 2:24 faith & works
Heb 6:12 faith & patience / rev 13:10
Rev 2:19 works, charity, service, faith, patience
Rev 12:17 testimony of Jesus & commandments
Rev 14:12 commandments & patience

Rev 12:11 over came by the blood of the Lamb not by “faith alone”!

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible
Maybe you read that as how they are saved. But that is not how they are saved. It is evidence they are, or are not, saved. They failed to be good enough, even though they apparently thought they could at least break even. If you live by the law you will be judged by the law. By faith alone will one's salvation not depend on the law.

You are really misusing the whole meaning of "faith alone"; it seems to me you didn't read my last post, because all you do here is to continue in the same vein. If I was to think like that, I'd conclude that the five solas contradict each other. They obviously do not. Your argument is obtuse.

Nope, you're the one "Moving the goalposts" to try to reinforce your "Imputed original SIN" agenda. NOTHING was "imputed to you" from anything that Adam, or his wife did. You provided YOUR OWN SIN as soon as you could.

If it was, then Jesus couldn't have been a valid SIN OFFERING, since he had Adam's SIN on him to begin with (that's why Roman Catholics had to invent their "Immaculate conception" foolishness, as a "work-around" for "original SIN").
I don't know what you mean by "imputed original sin". Sounds like you are conflating two different things.

Why? I hadn't heard that Jesus had Adam's sin imputed to him. What are you even talking about?

But there was no sin between Adam and Moses,
FALSE there was plenty of SIN law or no law. the only thing the LAW did was make the SIN visible.
because there was no law, and Scripture states where there is no law, there is no transgression.
Yet, they all died.
Because they ALL SINNED.
Depends on whether they are elect or not
Ah - the 'ol Calvinist "U" and "L" foolishness.
(Ro 8:28-29), as Jacob was elected for God's purpose and Esau was not.
What's THAT got to do with Salvation??? pay attention to CONTEXT!!!

Why? I hadn't heard that Jesus had Adam's sin imputed to him. What are you even talking about?
Why wouldn't he have?? Jesus was a normal human baby born to a sinful woman in a sinful world, why wouldn't Adam's SIN be imputed to him just like you "Think" it was imputed to you???

I don't know what you mean by "imputed original sin". Sounds like you are conflating two different things.
How is "Adam's SIN" and "Original SIN" different in yout "theology"??? One is "imputed", and the other is not????

How is "Adam's SIN" and "Original SIN" different in yout "theology"??? One is "imputed", and the other is not????
Adam's sin imputed to a person is not the same thing as Adam's sin inherited. One has to do with the guilt of Adam's sin. The other with the sin nature.

Adam's sin imputed to a person is not the same thing as Adam's sin inherited. One has to do with the guilt of Adam's sin. The other with the sin nature.
There IS NO "SIN NATURE" just a HUMAN NATURE that responds according to the sequence in James 1:14,15. Same as Adam, same as Jesus, and same as US. Jesus' secret was that HIS LUST (Strong personal desire) was never allowed to conceive, and become sinful actions.

FALSE there was plenty of SIN law or no law. the only thing the LAW did was make the SIN visible.
You are in disagreement with Ro 5:12-14.
Because they ALL SINNED.
RIght, and since there was no law for them to transgress and, therefore, no sin was accounted to them, then what sin was accounted to them ("they all sinned") to cause their death?
(Adam's) guilt was imputed (accounted) to them, just as righteousness is also imputed (Ro 5:18-19).
Ah - the 'ol Calvinist "U" and "L" foolishness.
Foolishness to you, but to me--the power and the wisdom of God.
What's THAT got to do with Salvation??? pay attention to CONTEXT!!!
Actually, the topic is Adam's imputed sin.

Except there is in Rom 5:12-14.

Care to explain it, being true to its words, context, and all the issues presented.
Your answer is in V12 which makes it clear that ALL HAVE SINNED. Nothing about imputation.

Your answer is in V12 which makes it clear that ALL HAVE SINNED. Nothing about imputation.
What is did an aborted baby commit????

Premise 1: Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death,
Premise 2: Aborted babies die (22 For as in Adam all die)
Premise 3: An aborted baby cannot disobey God (sin)
Conclusion: Aborted babies have sin imputed to them as they cannot sin in themselves and yet die which is the wages of sin

Psalm 51:5 But I was born a sinner, yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. If at conception a baby has sin, where do you think it came from? Did the baby sin or was it imputed.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— … 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners; (Romans 5:12-21) Imputation

Impute: to charge; to ascribe; to attribute; to set to the account of; to charge to one as the author, responsible originator, or possessor; -- generally in a bad sense.

Salvation past = from God's wrath (Ro 5:9) on your sin, through faith alone (Eph 2:8-9),
Salvation present = Christian life of obedience in the Holy Spirit, which leads to righteousness leading to holiness Ro 6:16-19),
Salvation future = resurrection (Ro 8:22-23).

As long as you interpret Scripture in contradiction to itself (Eph 2:8-9), you neither interpret nor understand it correctly.
Eph 2:8 who’s faith?

Back