• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

Yummy, with extra butter. 🍿

...you changed @donadams mind yet? 🍿 .... he's got a lot of verses dealing with the effect of faith (works)
If you win a debate by the most verses (not necessarily relevant); my money is on Don

You may be better off sitting on the side lines with me eatin' popcorn ;)
It’s a big Bible 73 books ya know!

SInce the entire context of John 3 ia the juxtaposition of the "Flesly life, and the SPiritual life, then "Born of water obviously refers to "Natural birth" contrasted against Spiritual Birth. "Born of water" has nothing to do with "Baptism" whatsoever.
Then please explain verse 22?
Thanks

Your answer is in V12 which makes it clear that ALL HAVE SINNED. Nothing about imputation.
Therein is the problem Paul is resolving.

Sin is not accounted where there is no law, and yet all sinned.

Maybe you read that as how they are saved. But that is not how they are saved. It is evidence they are, or are not, saved. They failed to be good enough, even though they apparently thought they could at least break even. If you live by the law you will be judged by the law. By faith alone will one's salvation not depend on the law.

You are really misusing the whole meaning of "faith alone"; it seems to me you didn't read my last post, because all you do here is to continue in the same vein. If I was to think like that, I'd conclude that the five solas contradict each other. They obviously do not. Your argument is obtuse.
They do contradict each other!
Scripture alone and faith alone
Phil 1:29!!!

I don't suppose you are unaware that the faith is FAITH IN SOMETHING.

You are arguing the semantics of language. FAITH ALONE is a reference to the fact that only through faith can one be saved. If access to the cross is made through means apart from faith, it is not salvation. Nobody is claiming that the cross is not necessary, nor that belief is unnecessary, nor that works do not affirm.

And I would really like to know where you come up with the idea that I think (nevermind say) that I can do anything "on my own", as you put it.
"How can you say you can enter on your own by faith alone?" — I really don't like being misrepresented. It's a bit like the saying about 'assuming'— making both you and me look bad. But what is remarkable about you adding that little tidbit: It makes it appear that your argument without it is weak!
If it is “faith alone” as you say it is on your own! Your choosing (volition) to believe. Right?

Nothing to explain. There was NO SUCH THING as "Being Born again" yet, and a baptism was only a baptism of repentance.
No no no! John’s was a baptism of repentance for preparation for the new covenant sacrament of baptism instituted by Christ!
Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 etc!
Thanks

Okay, so you think it can refer to more than one. . .so what are my options?
Idk it’s not my argument
To me it refers to the “past tense” work of redemption which was accomplished without us!

Who’s faith the faith of Mary and the church which brings us into union with Christ by faith & baptism

Jn 3:5 cannot enter
2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thanks

No no no! John’s was a baptism of repentance for preparation for the new covenant sacrament of baptism instituted by Christ!
Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 etc!
Thanks
"Sacraments" are just another Roman Catholic Invention. Your denominational explanation is rejected.

Idk it’s not my argument
To me it refers to the “past tense” work of redemption which was accomplished without us!

Who’s faith the faith of Mary and the church which brings us into union with Christ by faith & baptism

Jn 3:5 cannot enter
2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thanks
Okay, no one's faith accomplished the redemption. God accomplished the redemption on the cross.

However, though our faith that remission of sin is applied to us, which is redemption from God's wrath (Ro 5:9) on our sin.

They do contradict each other!
Scripture alone and faith alone
Phil 1:29!!!
You don't appear to realise that Scripture Alone and Faith Alone are referring to different aspects of life. Scripture Alone refers to it being our sole, and sufficient, authority, in matters of doctrine and morals; whereas, Faith Alone refers to the fact that the channel through which God saves us is faith, and only faith.

If it is “faith alone” as you say it is on your own! Your choosing (volition) to believe. Right?
Not at all. If the faith is valid, it is faith generated by the Spirit of God living in me. First. Faith generated, and belief decided, on my own, is worse than useless. I found out that I believed. I didn't choose to believe, until I was already born again. We do so, because it is so.

Except there's NO PROBLEM except with man's "theology".
No problem in Rom 5:12-14?

all sinned (v.12) vs. they did not sin (v.14),
sin not taken into account (v.13) vs. all died because of sin (v.14),
where there is no law there is no sin (v.13) vs. sin was in the world (v.13).
And died as a result. SIn is SIN whether there's "Law" or not
Seems you don't understand what is being stated in Ro 5:12-14.

No problem in Rom 5:12-14?

all sinned (v.12) vs. they did not sin (v.14),
sin not taken into account (v.13) vs. all died because of sin (v.14),
where there is no law there is no sin (v.13) vs. sin was in the world (v.13).

Seems you don't understand what is being stated in Ro 5:12-14.
Chuckle!! One of us doesn't, fer sure, fer sure!!!

"Sacraments" are just another Roman Catholic Invention. Your denominational explanation is rejected.
Check any dictionary an oath is a sacrament or sacred promise

Acts 2:39 “this promise”

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

There are no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Otherwise we fall under the condemnation of scripture!
2 pet 3:16

Thanks

Okay, no one's faith accomplished the redemption. God accomplished the redemption on the cross.

However, though our faith that remission of sin is applied to us, which is redemption from God's wrath (Ro 5:9) on our sin.
And for that Christ instituted the sacraments of grace

Back