• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

Eph 2:8 refer to redemption, justification, or salvation?
To being Born again / Saved? / becoming a Christian - i.e. being indwelled by the Holy Spirit, which is what makes a person a Christian.
Eph 2:8 who’s faith?
The person's who's being Born again. It's God's GIFT to them. It's what leads to Surrender, and Repentance.

The apostles are commanded to teach and sanctify all men it’s a kingdom not a scripture study!
Seems a Scripture study is in order when the kingdom you present is not in agreement with the kingdom Jesus presents.

He said it was not of this world (Jn 18:36),
that is was a spiritual kingdom, invisible and within (Lk 17:20-21) the hearts where he reigns and rules,
and that is is here now (Mt 12:28, Lk 11:20).

It being an everlasting kingdom (Lk 1:33), there is no second one to come.

You are not in agreement with Jesus, setting up your own kingdom contrary to what Jesus taught.

Yes it is. Baptism is an act of obedience, by a person whom the Lord has saved by grace through faith.

Acts 8:35-38 (Webster)
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached to him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came to a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Not an ordinance not an obedience but the fulfillment of God’s promise a sacrament required to enter the kingdom Jn 3:5 2 pet 1:11

Acts 2:38:39
Ez 36:25
Thanks

Scripture does not say obedience.
If Philip preached “accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” (fundamentalist tradition not scripture) why does the eunuch want to be baptized?
How does the eunuch even know about baptism?

To being Born again / Saved? / becoming a Christian - i.e. being indwelled by the Holy Spirit, which is what makes a person a Christian.

The person's who's being Born again. It's God's GIFT to them. It's what leads to Surrender, and Repentance.
Water and the spirit are required for being born again, and it must be administered to us!

No can’t be your faith it says: “NOT of yourselves”!
Thanks

Seems a Scripture study is in order when the kingdom you present is not in agreement with the kingdom Jesus presents.

He said it was not of this world (Jn 18:36),
that is was a spiritual kingdom, invisible and within (Lk 17:20-21) the hearts where he reigns and rules,

You are not in agreement with Jesus, setting up your own kingdom contrary to what Jesus taught.
The invisible / spiritual only church is a condemned heresy of the early church.

It is spiritual, and physical and supernatural!

Verses opposing spiritual / invisible only.
Matt 5:14
Matt 18:17
Heb 12:22

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19 Ant truth! 1 Tim 3:15

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; see Isa 22:21-22
(Keys of the kingdom / jurisdictional authority) Matt 16:17-19

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

2 Corinthians 3:8
How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Submission and obedience to them is submission and obedience to Christ!

All those who submit and obey are Christ’s!
Lk 1:32-33 how can Christ be king without a kingdom?

Matt 21:43 Lk 22:29 Dan 7:8 heb 12:28 how is the kingdom taken from Israel and given to the apostles if it does not exist?

Jude 1:25 how can there be dominion without a kingdom?

Matt 6:33 how can we seek a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 16:18-19 how can Christ the king give Peter the keys of a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 3:2 Mk 1:5 Lk 21:31 How can they preach: “the kingdom is at hand” if the kingdom does not exist?

Matt 12:28 kingdom has come

Christ the eternal king!

Thanks

Water and the spirit are required for being born again, and it must be administered to us!

Thanks
Water, like Wind, Breath, Fire etc., is another word for the Holy Spirit or Spirit. It doesn't refer to Baptism by water. The Gospel of John says Jesus didn't baptise anybody with water (but his disciples did) but that his mission included baptism by the Holy Spirit which happened after Jesus was glorified.

If it is possible to stretch Jesus' words to Nicodemus to mean water, he goes on to say that "flesh is born of the flesh (water) and Spirit of the Spirit".

So there can be no mistaking the meaning of these passages except to a person that thinks water baptism by the RC Church is being "born again".

Even if water baptism is a requirement, as you so clearly think, you would have to seriously account for the millions of people that are regenerated and born again by the Holy Spirit before they submit to water baptism. If you are honest, you cannot do this.

Thanks
Water = being born naturally, and Spirit = being Born again by being indwelled by the Spirit. "Baptismal regenerationists" are DESPERATE to force "Water baptism" into every scripture, regardless of context, to support their heresy.

And the faith WHICH WE EXERCISE, is gifted to us by God. simple as that. we don't internally generate it, since that would be impossible. we CAN BELIEVE (render mental assent), but that saves NOBODY.

Water = being born naturally, and Spirit = being Born again by being indwelled by the Spirit. "Baptismal regenerationists" are DESPERATE to force "Water baptism" into every scripture, regardless of context, to support their heresy.

And the faith WHICH WE EXERCISE, is gifted to us by God. simple as that. we don't internally generate it, since that would be impossible. we CAN BELIEVE (render mental assent), but that saves NOBODY.
Amen!!...well said!..👍

Water, like Wind, Breath, Fire etc., is another word for the Holy Spirit or Spirit. It doesn't refer to Baptism by water. The Gospel of John says Jesus didn't baptise anybody with water (but his disciples did) but that his mission included baptism by the Holy Spirit which happened after Jesus was glorified.

If it is possible to stretch Jesus' words to Nicodemus to mean water, he goes on to say that "flesh is born of the flesh (water) and Spirit of the Spirit".

So there can be no mistaking the meaning of these passages except to a person that thinks water baptism by the RC Church is being "born again".

Even if water baptism is a requirement, as you so clearly think, you would have to seriously account for the millions of people that are regenerated and born again by the Holy Spirit before they submit to water baptism. If you are honest, you cannot do this.
Why do Christ and his apostles go immediately to Jerusalem and proclaim: (fundamentalist tradition) “accept Christ as your personal lord and savior” ( not found in scripture)
Oh sorry they went to the river (water) and baptized??????????

Jn 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Disciples by baptism Matt 28:19 Jn 4:1

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You cannot enter on your own by faith alone, it must be administered to you! It’s a covenant Not a diy religion or a Bible study!

2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thanks

Why do Christ and his apostles go immediately to Jerusalem and proclaim: (fundamentalist tradition) “accept Christ as your personal lord and savior” ( not found in scripture)

Jn 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You cannot enter on your own by faith alone, it must be administered to you! It’s a covenant Not a diy religion or a Bible study!

2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thanks
I see you are quite astute at isolating Bible verses by cherry picking them out of context in order to make points that validate your personal beliefs (unless you are trolling).

If by "fundamentalist tradition" you mean Protestants, I think you will find that the "accept Christ as your personal lord and saviour" cliche has nothing to do with Protestantism except in American circles from the last 100 years or less, and generally tends to be amongst evangelical Charismatics for the most part. It has spread out from America to certain other places in the world. The seriously bad thing about your caricature, though, is that it has nothing to do with what the Bible says, and so it makes you look bad.

If you go to John 3 verses 22 and read a little further, John tells us that Jesus didn't baptise with water but with the Holy Spirit, and that only until after Pentecost. So don't be dishonest in your presentation. Becoming a disciple of Jesus means a follower of him, not that when Jesus told Nicodemus about being born again by the SPIRIT that this somehow has something to do with water baptism. Especially since Andrew and Phillip were baptised in the Jordan river by John the Baptist before they followed Jesus. John the Baptist said the Christ would baptise with the Holy Spirit. John's baptism was the baptism of repentance in water to ready the populace for the coming Messiah.

Nothing else you said pertains to the discussion or my question to you. You didn't prove anything here but included a verse from Peter's epistle that has nothing to do with being born again by the Holy Spirit.

Show me a Bible verse that says verbatim that a person cannot be born again unless works are added by being "administered". You can't find it because it doesn't exist. You just made that up.

It could be that your native language is not English and so you aren't expressing yourself in English very well. That would make sense based on what you have said so far.

Now will you do me the courtesy of answering my question to you and not evade it again? I want you to specifically answer my question about people in the millions that are BORN AGAIN BY THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHOUT WATER BAPTISM. Go ahead and EXPLAIN THAT please.

Thanks
By the way, the Bible never reverses water baptism and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit always happens first before water baptism is "administered". If you are trying to argue that Water Baptism is a requirement for "good works" that are necessary to get to heaven before you die, you still have to deal with the fact that billions of people for the last 2000 years were baptised by the Spirit before they were water baptised and not the other way around.

Thanks
Why do you believe that water baptism produces the good works that lead to heaven?

Thanks
Have you ever thought about the Italian Mafia gangsters that are Catholics who were "born again" by water baptism as a new born infant at church, and how their lifestyles aren't producing any good works to lead to heaven?

Does water baptism without the baptism of the Holy Spirit produce good works in unregenerate people?

You changing scripture not me,

Jn 3:5 born of water born again of the spirit alone!

Jn 3:5

John 3:5
King James Version
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

WATER AND THE SPIRIT!
Thanks

John 3:5​

King James Version​

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

Thanks

Can a person be born of water and not the spirit - like, for example, an Italian Gangster water baptised when they were a baby?

The invisible / spiritual only church is a condemned heresy of the early church.
It is spiritual, and physical and supernatural!
Verses opposing spiritual / invisible only.
Matt 5:14
Matt 18:17
Heb 12:22
Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19 Ant truth! 1 Tim 3:15
Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; see Isa 22:21-22
(Keys of the kingdom / jurisdictional authority) Matt 16:17-19

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

2 Corinthians 3:8
How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Submission and obedience to them is submission and obedience to Christ!

All those who submit and obey are Christ’s!
Lk 1:32-33 how can Christ be king without a kingdom?

Matt 21:43 Lk 22:29 Dan 7:8 heb 12:28 how is the kingdom taken from Israel and given to the apostles if it does not exist?

Jude 1:25 how can there be dominion without a kingdom?

Matt 6:33 how can we seek a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 16:18-19 how can Christ the king give Peter the keys of a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 3:2 Mk 1:5 Lk 21:31 How can they preach: “the kingdom is at hand” if the kingdom does not exist?

Matt 12:28 kingdom has come

Christ the eternal king!Thanks
Not too sure what that has to do with the following:

Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world (Jn 18:36),

John 3:5​

King James Version​

WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

Thanks

NOW - consider the overall context of the passage. It juxtaposes the "Natural man" with the SPIRITUAL MAN consequently "Water" has nothing top do with "Baptism by immersion" and everything to do with "Natural birth". To claim otherwise opposes the context of the passage.

Personally, I was Baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit 4 days after I was Born again (Baptists like to get it done expeditiously). And of course NOTHING changed (except my clothes, which were wet).

BUT HEY!!! The Church said that after you were Born Again, you should be immersed, so I was. Simple as that. I was "Born Again" going into the tank, and wasn't any MORE "Born again" coming out, but I had the 'religious ceremony" out of the way, and that was personally satisfying.

John's baptism SAVED NOBODY. It was a baptism of REPENTANCE. "Repentance" doesnt't have anything to do with SIN. It just means to "Change direstion". Jesus "Repented" of His present lifestyle (head of Mary's family in Joseph's absence, and maybe also a carpenter/woodworker), and walked out as a full-time minister of the Gospel on the way to his death which opened the possibility of salvation for us all.

I see you are quite astute at isolating Bible verses by cherry picking them out of context in order to make points that validate your personal beliefs (unless you are trolling).

If by "fundamentalist tradition" you mean Protestants, I think you will find that the "accept Christ as your personal lord and saviour" cliche has nothing to do with Protestantism except in American circles from the last 100 years or less, and generally tends to be amongst evangelical Charismatics for the most part. It has spread out from America to certain other places in the world. The seriously bad thing about your caricature, though, is that it has nothing to do with what the Bible says, and so it makes you look bad.

If you go to John 3 verses 22 and read a little further, John tells us that Jesus didn't baptise with water but with the Holy Spirit, and that only until after Pentecost. So don't be dishonest in your presentation. Becoming a disciple of Jesus means a follower of him, not that when Jesus told Nicodemus about being born again by the SPIRIT that this somehow has something to do with water baptism. Especially since Andrew and Phillip were baptised in the Jordan river by John the Baptist before they followed Jesus. John the Baptist said the Christ would baptise with the Holy Spirit. John's baptism was the baptism of repentance in water to ready the populace for the coming Messiah.

Nothing else you said pertains to the discussion or my question to you. You didn't prove anything here but included a verse from Peter's epistle that has nothing to do with being born again by the Holy Spirit.

Show me a Bible verse that says verbatim that a person cannot be born again unless works are added by being "administered". You can't find it because it doesn't exist. You just made that up.

It could be that your native language is not English and so you aren't expressing yourself in English very well. That would make sense based on what you have said so far.

Now will you do me the courtesy of answering my question to you and not evade it again? I want you to specifically answer my question about people in the millions that are BORN AGAIN BY THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHOUT WATER BAPTISM. Go ahead and EXPLAIN THAT please.
All scripture is inspired even one word, says nothing about context

Fundamentalists tradition?
Did not intend to accuse you, I think it comes from the burned over district

If John’s baptism was of repentance for preparation for the coming of Christ do you not suppose Christ would also have baptism?

We are speaking about a covenant not a Bible study, you can’t simply say “I’m a Christian” and think that makes you a Christian anymore than saying I’m a millionaire makes you a millionaire!

It is by the spirit but not the spirit alone.
Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 faith and baptism
acts 2:38-39 “this promise”
Ez 36:25-27
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

notice the spirit is included and a new heart indicating the fire of JTB, the fire is the love of God received in baptismal regeneration rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The existing apostolic church must bring us into the kingdom
2 pet 1:11

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

A believer is only a catechumen and not a Christian, faith and baptism are required.

No one is born again without baptism!

Thanks

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

FAITH ALONE AVAILS NOTHING!
1 cor 13:2

“Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

Lk 8
The parable of the sower, all four had faith are they all not saved?

Lk 23:39 did not the bad thief say; save us? “Faith alone”?

Lk 18:14
Why did the publican not mention Jesus Christ or make a profession of belief, but prayer and virtue!

Why must we also suffer?
Faith alone not enough”?

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29 not called to believe alone but also to suffer for Christ’s sake.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matt 24:13 endures “in Christ” to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Where does it say “faith alone”?

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!

Back