• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Age of the earth...Young or old?

The bible doesn't speak of Lucifers flood.

2/3 or 1/3?
I guess I better look this up again. I was reading in Zechariah:

And it shall come to pass in all the land," Says the LORD, "That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one- third shall be left in it: I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people'; And each one will say, 'The LORD is my God.' "

- Zechariah 13:8-9

I know Lucifer’s flood isn’t biblical; I just meant that because of Lucifer’s actions, God was angered to the point of flooding the earth big time. This is not “Noah’s” flood.

I find it odd that christians can believe in the scientifically impossible resurrection of a dead man after spending 3 days in the grave...yet, can't believe in the other miracles presented in Genesis.
I do not know anyone like that and find the statement non sequitur (as well as insulting of the brethren).

I'm out. You guys have fun.

@CrowCross

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Gen 1:1.

Can we get back on point?

Starting here, and moving forward, where do you see proof of a young earth?

I do not know anyone like that and find the statement non sequitur (as well as insulting of the brethren).

I'm out. You guys have fun.
That seems common of young earthiness. Look at Ken Ham and Ken Hovind. Wouldn't let it bother you.

@CrowCross

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Gen 1:1.

Can we get back on point?

Starting here, and moving forward, where do you see proof of a young earth?
We can start with Bishop Ussher. Even if we double Bishop Ussher age....that only makes the earth 12,000 years old....which is still young compared to 4.5 BY's.

Do the math....how many days passed from Adams creation till now?
I have no idea, I suppose if I knew how long he was in the Garden of Eden, I might have a little bit more of a clue, possibly.

And when the question is answered I will explain why I asked (however, the answer has already been provided, so go back and re-read the thread).
If I was to respond to this by your method, I'd say you just now invalidated your own claim. First you say it is not answered, then you say it already is. Now, I know you meant something different from how I decided to take it for the point of this post, so I'm not going to treat it how you treat what others say.

We can start with Bishop Ussher. Even if we double Bishop Ussher age....that only makes the earth 12,000 years old....which is still young compared to 4.5 BY's.
Why start with a bishop? Start with scripture.

Didn't the Bishop use scripture?
So you believe what someone else taught you. So why not consider another, then test it to scripture?

Apparently you do....but where?
In scripture, the creation story.

Not from bishops and such.

So, can you show me where Genesis teaches a young earth or do you have to refer to a bishop first?

So you believe what someone else taught you. So why not consider another, then test it to scripture?
That was only one reason. I mentioned bio-material found in dinosaur bones in a previous post. Would you like more information on that?

Okay, but how does that fit into what you say? Scripture only speaks of one flood.
I believe this was the first flood:
The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

- Genesis 1:2 (NKJV)

That was only one reason. I mentioned bio-material found in dinosaur bones in a previous post. Would you like more information on that?
Well, no sense debating this any longer with you. I'd rather use scripture. I read and studied into a lot of these things you mentioned and at one time, I was a young earth believer. The only thing that can change my mind is God's word.

Back