• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Age of the earth...Young or old?

Why could the dinosaurs not have been alive in the antediluvian world? If they were killed in the flood why would they not be buried and fossilized in the rock strata laid down by the flood waters?
They perished before the foundation of the world (not Noah’s flood).

I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth. I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled.

- Jeremiah 4:23-25

I'd say scientific principle, not scientific fact. Going by the use @Josheb makes of the term, "science", if the axe floated, it is scientific fact.
.... a scientific fact contingent upon the conditions existing in that episode (which happened to be miracle = what is by defintion an abnormal suspension of the otherwise normal and ordinary conditions of creation). Miracles are not magic. Rational reasoning is not magical thinking.

Do you understand those last two sentences @CrowCross?

They perished before the foundation of the world (not Noah’s flood).
Huh? How so?
When the earth was created there was water covering it.

So the flood was millions and millions of years ago?
???? huh? The flood was about 4,000 years ago. That flood buried the dinosaurs. Personally I think you believe they are 65+ MY's old is because that's what you have been taught.

See my response in post 53 about the bio-material.

When dinosaur bones are dug up...they are removed from sediment layers deposited by the flood.

Did you know they have found bio-material in dinosaurs? Bio-material that should have decayed if they are 65+ MY's old or older.

Did you know that we are still in the seventh day right now?

Read Hebrews 4.

How long has been the seventh day?

.... a scientific fact contingent upon the conditions existing in that episode (which happened to be miracle = what is by defintion an abnormal suspension of the otherwise normal and ordinary conditions of creation). Miracles are not magic. Rational reasoning is not magical thinking.

Do you understand those last two sentences @CrowCross?
I find it odd that christians can believe in the scientifically impossible resurrection of a dead man after spending 3 days in the grave...yet, can't believe in the other miracles presented in Genesis.

???? huh? The flood was about 4,000 years ago. That flood buried the dinosaurs. Personally I think you believe they are 65+ MY's old is because that's what you have been taught.

See my response in post 53 about the bio-material.
Actually I was taught a young Earth, and agreed with Dr. Henry Morris. But from reading scripture, I have come to a different conclusion. I think many Young earthers are so afraid that if they believe in an old earth, they are agreeing with science and evolution. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Personally, I think you, as I was, were taught to believe in a young earth. But that's okay brother, it dont make you a bad guy. :cool:

Read Hebrews 4.

7th day. Possibly the 8th?

I kinda doubt it. Even the ten commandments tells us God created in six days then rested on the seventh.

11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day.
Read Hebrews 4.
What should I notice in Heb 4?
If Adam had wrist watch he would have seen 24 hours pass.

Huh? How so?
When the earth was created there was water covering it.
Right. But this was not Noah’s flood, more like Lucifer’s flood. Remember when Lucifer wanted to be like God and rebelled? …and two-thirds of the angels followed him?

I kinda doubt it. Even the ten commandments tells us God created in six days then rested on the seventh.

11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day.
So, where is the proof we are out of the 7th?
Even when he was in the Garden of Eden?

Right. But this was not Noah’s flood, more like Lucifer’s flood. Remember when Lucifer wanted to be like God and rebelled? …and two-thirds of the angels followed him?
Okay, but how does that fit into what you say? Scripture only speaks of one flood.

What should I notice in Heb 4?

Some has not entered into God's rest. Hebrews 4:3-5.

How long was Adam and Eve lived in the sixth day? Did they name all the animals less than 24 hours?

Back