• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Why do Calvinists debate?

The whole purpose for our living in time is so that our attitude towards our acceptance of God would be determined by ourselves.

God in his omniscience sees all possibilities tested, and determines the ultimate outcome for our desire.

So, in fairness to what has been determined by God, God decrees that we should be placed in time to live such a life,
being challenged by circumstances designed by God, to bring us to the realization of each individual's ultimate desire
in regards to knowing God..

Having explored all possibilities with multifarious options for determining choice, and knowing where we would
ultimately find ourselves in the end every time, God then simplifies everything by distilling everything he knows
down to something much simplified by not using all the possibilities that He could have presented to our soul
... and in doing so, having determined for each person his "life package" for what we are to live out in in time ..

That is why we see such terms such as, "predetermined" ... "chosen"..... and "foreknew."

With His distilling down "life package" he designed individually for each man, God has made everything efficient
and as brief as needed to clarify that God was being fair in not coercing our choices, while having us each discover
who and what we are for ourselves.

In the end.

His judgement will be in agreement with what we will have discovered for ourselves to be true about ourselves.
There will be no controversy heard in the Lake of Fire. They will know.

And... There will be a supreme happiness and gratitude beyond our present capacity to comprehend for believers.

grace and peace ..................

Could you have chosen to go against what God decreed from the beginning?
Certainly! I went against it until He regenerated me. And even after regeneration, I go against it more often than I'd like to admit. Are you thinking that contradicts the premise, that all whom God chose will be saved?

Certainly! I went against it until He regenerated me. And even after regeneration, I go against it more often than I'd like to admit. Are you thinking that contradicts the premise, that all whom God chose will be saved?
Do you believe God chose you because you are a better person than those he did not choose?

Do you believe God chose you because you are a better person than those he did not choose?
Of course not. Has nothing to do with anything good about me, but his own purposes.

Of course not. Has nothing to do with anything good about me, but his own purposes.
This is where it all falls to pieces,.....

No, it goes against the assertion that nothing can go against God’s decrees.

makesends said:
No, it goes against the assertion that nothing can go against God’s decrees.
Let me put this more plainly for you. What God has decreed will come to pass, precisely where, when, how and as he has decreed. Nobody can "go against" it, in that sense. I did not forestall what he decreed. I was answering according to the premises of your question, and I thought that was plain. Seems to me you are looking for any excuse to complain.

Let me make it more plain to you: If God's decree is ONLY that I would be saved eventually (as though he is not particular just how, when, where or why), then yes, it could be said that I held it off as long as I could. But that is not the case —instead, God's decree is meticulous, comprehensive and effective. What he has spoken into being is no accident: Logically it is ONLY everything that has happened and that ever will happen —both the end (purpose) and the means of 'getting there', in every detail. You have a creation operating by the determination of chance; but chance determines nothing.

Let me put this more plainly for you. What God has decreed will come to pass, precisely where, when, how and as he has decreed. Nobody can "go against" it, in that sense. I did not forestall what he decreed. I was answering according to the premises of your question, and I thought that was plain. Seems to me you are looking for any excuse to complain.
Concerning Gods decree you said, “Certainly! I went against it until He regenerated me. And even after regeneration, I go against it more often than I'd like to admit.”

Concerning Gods decree you said, “Certainly! I went against it until He regenerated me. And even after regeneration, I go against it more often than I'd like to admit.”
He decreed that you would gain insight into the nature of your flesh....

Read on... I explained this already. Here. I'll try to find it for you. —Yes! There it is ...post #548 just above your #550. I'm surprised you missed it.

However it's the HOLY SPIRIT who leads us into truth, not "Theologians".
Theologians are often a help however and of course everything must be checked against the whole counsel of God. But God gives teachers to to the church.

Theologians are often a help however and of course everything must be checked against the whole counsel of God. But God gives teachers to to the church.
And their ability to agree theologically is well known.

Last edited:
And their ability to agree is well known.
That is why we don't blindly listen to anyone---as I said. Do you attend a church? Is it denominational? It will follow those teachings? Is it non-denominational? It will follow whatever the pastor teaches. In any case the pastor is up there teaching. Coming against theology---everybody has one---and theologians is not the answer to everything.

Hypothesis?

What if God could by willing to do so, bypass his omniscience concerning past present, and future?
And, while in this self imposed state? Just like Christ proved himself able to empty
himself to his right to be as God and made himself become as a man?

Then in his mind create all of us, as He wants us to be...., To all to be loving God?

Could not we have been created in Christ (as he made himself to be to come to the earth) without God's omniscience interfering with knowing the outcome of our choosing for, or against, God?

After all, Scripture stresses specifically that all things created were created THROUGH Him, for him, and by him. And, he proved after being born of Mary that he has the ability and capacity to deny himself his ability to be omniscient.

That right there may be the hidden key to the mystery as to, how God when creating us all, did not have to know he was creating some to go to the Lake of Fire......

It makes God fair in creating all.......

That is why we don't blindly listen to anyone---as I said. Do you attend a church? Is it denominational? It will follow those teachings? Is it non-denominational? It will follow whatever the pastor teaches. In any case the pastor is up there teaching. Coming against theology---everybody has one---and theologians is not the answer to everything.
Agreed. "Theology" is like noses.

Agreed. "Theology" is like noses.
Do you not think the study of God is important in order to know who He is? Or that in can be correct theology that agrees with who God says He is?

Back