• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Why didn't God destroy Satan at the beginning?

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Satan always wanted to be God and will do everything he can to pretend he is Christ when he's here to deceive the world. It’s important to remember that Lucifer which is another name for Satan, had challenged the fairness and justice of God. He had started with his lies in heaven, and the very idea of telling a lie had never entered the minds of the angels. So the angels didn’t grasp all that lay behind Lucifer’s deceptions. So we see what Satan wanted from the start and what had come into his heart.
Isaiah 14:12-13
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:’

But Christ is the true morning star as we see in Revelation:
Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Now the place that Lucifer wants it to be at 'the mount of the congregation' in the 'north' which is God's throne..
We find the same in Psalm 48:1-2:
Psalm 48:1-2
1 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

If God had destroyed Satan immediately, the angels would have begun to serve Him from fear rather than from love. This would have defeated the very purpose He had in creating beings with the power of choice in the first place. God gave Satan a chance to demonstrate his system which he wanted to bring in to replace that of God. That’s why Satan was given an opportunity to show it to the worlds, and to Adam and Eve who allowed the deception here. So our world become the testing ground where Satan and his character and the nature of the kingdom he wants, are contrasted with the character of God and the nature of His kingdom. So who we choose is important and Satan will throw a curveball at us at the end.

We know that Satan can transform himself to a 'angel of light' and will show himself at the end claiming worship that belongs to God and wanting to be God. He did it in heaven and deceived a third of the angels and they followed him.
Revelation 12:3-4
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

And Satan will do it again at the end. But we know how it ends.

Satan always wanted to be God and will do everything he can to pretend he is Christ when he's here to deceive the world. It’s important to remember that Lucifer which is another name for Satan, had challenged the fairness and justice of God. He had started with his lies in heaven, and the very idea of telling a lie had never entered the minds of the angels. So the angels didn’t grasp all that lay behind Lucifer’s deceptions. So we see what Satan wanted from the start and what had come into his heart.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:’

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Now the place that Lucifer wants it to be at 'the mount of the congregation' in the 'north' which is God's throne..
1 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

If God had destroyed Satan immediately, the angels would have begun to serve Him from fear rather than from love. This would have defeated the very purpose He had in creating beings with the power of choice in the first place. God gave Satan a chance to demonstrate his system which he wanted to bring in to replace that of God. That’s why Satan was given an opportunity to show it to the worlds, and to Adam and Eve who allowed the deception here. So our world become the testing ground where Satan and his character and the nature of the kingdom he wants, are contrasted with the character of God and the nature of His kingdom. So who we choose is important and Satan will throw a curveball at us at the end.

We know that Satan can transform himself to a 'angel of light' and will show himself at the end claiming worship that belongs to God and wanting to be God. He did it in heaven and deceived a third of the angels and they followed him.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

I am not saying you are but a lot of people are so concerned about the devil and give him way too much power because of their concern and their fear of him. But the fact is he is God's devil, and if he actually thinks he can become god, that's his delusion. He is responsible for his actions as every other creature is so he will be cast into hell also. He is just a pawn. He can do no more than God allows him to do. Or the story of Job would have been quite different, for one.

You ask a question in the OP title, that cannot be answered, but only speculated about, and the proceed to answer it with speculation. You are asking human beings to answer a question that God knows, and the reason we don't know, is because He doesn't tell us. Thus when you answer, you presume to be able with a finite mind to peer into the infinite. We must be very careful about doing this and then announcing what we imagine we perceive, as the truth. That is one way false teachings get started and grow. And in fact we should never peer into what God has not chosen to tell us. We won't find what we are looking for, but are quite likely to find something else. A bit like reading tea leaves and holding seances.

I am not saying you are but a lot of people are so concerned about the devil and give him way too much power because of their concern and their fear of him. But the fact is he is God's devil, and if he actually thinks he can become god, that's his delusion. He is responsible for his actions as every other creature is so he will be cast into hell also. He is just a pawn. He can do no more than God allows him to do. Or the story of Job would have been quite different, for one.
Satan as Lucifer a guardian of the glory of creation is the opposing or anti-spirit . A result of the glory of creation he was not created in "let there be and there it was. Usurping the glory as if he created it.

Satan as Lucifer a guardian of the glory of creation is the opposing or anti-spirit . A result of the glory of creation he was not created in "let there be and there it was. Usurping the glory as if he created it.
What? You have no answer for the op?

What? You have no answer for the op?
OK I would offer. God could not destroy the opposing spirit "death". Thou shall not or you're dead according to the letter of the law (scripture) the written word

On the last day under the Sun, death along with the daily suffering of hell will be cast in the judgment fire The second death.

The death of death .

The first death appointed to mankind the sufferings we are experiencing called hell.

In the new order it will not again condemn through corruption the whole world . It will not be remembered or ever come to mind .

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Isaah 65: 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Because he was also a God and could not be destroyed. "You shall have no other Gods before me" Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7
If the Scriptures are meant to take literally, then God is acknowledging that there were other Gods in existence, am I wrong?

Because he was also a God and could not be destroyed. "You shall have no other Gods before me" Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7
If the Scriptures are meant to take literally, then God is acknowledging that there were other Gods in existence, am I wrong?
Depends on what you mean by god's.
Satan is not a God.

Depends on what you mean by god's.
Satan is not a God.
Who did God mean by Gods? If he were the only God who was he referring to?

Who did God mean by Gods? If he were the only God who was he referring to?
idols, etc...

But give me the passages and I'll look them up "in context" later when I have more time.

idols, etc...

But give me the passages and I'll look them up "in context" later when I have more time.
In my quote a couple posts ago I included the books/chapters.

I would offer something I have ben looking at. No other gods in the likeness of men, dying humans. He calls humans gods to whom the living word of God goes to. As born again Christians we are sons of God, as gods what we will be when we receive our new incortible is not revealed.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

I think the example in Revelation 2 It I believe help us to understand no gods in the likeness of men as other gods other than our one Holy father to include the leader of the Church like Nicole and the Nicolaitans

Revelation 2:4-6 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. (believe God) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works;(beleive God not seen) or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

You could say according to Acts 14 a legion of unconverted gods that have no vision of the eternal( Faithless, no saving faith of Christ )

Good example in Acts 14 there Paul preached the gospel in a hope Christ would be formed in him and empower him to walk . The hearing of faith not the seeing of faith. For who hopes for what they already have? We have a living abiding hope in Christ he promised us it will never disappoint us.

Those who did not have a vision as faith power to believe God . when they saw with thier own eyes Paul laying his hands a form of prayer like the folding of hands on the man, again they no vision of the eternal not seen they proclaimed the gods are coming down in the likeness of men Greek and Roman mythology . violating the first commandment. God is not a man

Acts 14:7-15 And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:The same heard Paul speak: Prophecy) who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Have no other gods before (our Living God) . . . starting with one's own self

In my quote a couple posts ago I included the books/chapters.
Ex 20
1 And God spoke all these words, saying,

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands[b] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Would you show me where you get that there are truly other Gods from this?

Ex 20
1 And God spoke all these words, saying,

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands[b] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Would you show me where you get that there are truly other Gods from this?
3 is separate from 4, they both mean different things or else the passages would be under the same number.

So it doesnt concern us, its just a little tempest he is having with God, need to rethink that...

3 is separate from 4, they both mean different things or else the passages would be under the same number.
I would offer I believe God uses two throughout to represent one God spoke .a dynamic dual. The temporal god Jesus the Son man and the unseen Holy Father. The Father empowering the son do do his work as a promised demonstration to the whole world. Satan call it al one in the same. What God call separate Satan calls one . or what God calls one he multiples .the god of confusion

Other gods are the believers as sons of Gods, scripture call Christian gods . Sons of God. Jesus the firstborn of many In that way were are to have no other gods that say only I am the infalible interpreter called a daysman in Job 9 a fleshly infalible umpire that sits before God not seen and mankind seen calling balls and strikes

The Pope or Nicodemus the leader of the Nicolaitans any that say we need dying mankind to teach and not the promised, teacher, comforter, guide and last but not least His Holy Spirit brings to our mind the previous things taught (John 14) Promising us in Philipian 1;6 If He has begun the good teaching work in us he will continue to our last day. Take it from a slow learner My wife fast!

John 10:34-36King James Version3 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; (beleive God not dying man) or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

There are those that claim Jesus and Lucifer are brothers

Satan raised issues against Gods sovereignty in the garden rebellion in front of all creation= 2 mortals and millions of angels. He said its better for mortals to know both good and bad. God created mortals to know only good. If one was like God knowing both good and bad they could choose their own path to lasting happiness and not listen to Gods advice. Satan is a liar, knowing bad sucks, it brought sin and death, suffering, fear, etc etc into the world. Plus 1/3 of the angels fell later. One by one could have kept causing this sick system of things like this to keep occurring. So once and for all time so that it can never happen again God is letting it be proved that he was correct. Plus God promised that through Adam and Eves seed the world would fill up with other mortals. If God killed them on the spot satan would have called God a liar for telling Adam and Eve that.
God knows exactly what he is doing and why. His kingdom will be a cure all. Its almost done.

Satan raised issues against Gods sovereignty in the garden rebellion in front of all creation= 2 mortals and millions of angels. He said its better for mortals to know both good and bad. God created mortals to know only good. If one was like God knowing both good and bad they could choose their own path to lasting happiness and not listen to Gods advice. Satan is a liar, knowing bad sucks, it brought sin and death, suffering, fear, etc etc into the world. Plus 1/3 of the angels fell later. One by one could have kept causing this sick system of things like this to keep occurring. So once and for all time so that it can never happen again God is letting it be proved that he was correct. Plus God promised that through Adam and Eves seed the world would fill up with other mortals. If God killed them on the spot satan would have called God a liar for telling Adam and Eve that.
God knows exactly what he is doing and why. His kingdom will be a cure all. Its almost done.

Angel a (fake word) in both the old and new testament. A fake word needed to add another source of faith rather than scripture Christ's faith or power. (sola scriptura)

The Greek angelos, meaning "messenger."not angel

The Hebrew Malak meaning "messenger" not angel.

Needed to put a face on the legion of fathers or patron saints (3,500 and rapidly rising) workers with familiar spirit gods' in the likeness of dying mankind

No invisible creation called angels Patron saints as angels (false apostles) sent with oral traditions' of dying mankind . . . . . yes.

It can see seen used falsely in many examples . Like in the garden of Gethsemane the promised work of two. The Father as the Spirit of truth working in the Son of man to both reveal his will and empower the Son of man Jesus in order to finish it to the glory of the father. Just as with all Christian's as sons of God.

I would think God is powerful enough and does not need a peanut gallery that some call angels .

Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel (message ) unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Same with entertaining a stranger (angel) , can't entertain one not seen. In that way he sends apostles to aid other apostles sons of God. both might have something to share all gifts are two fold in that way .never one (self edifying)

There appeared to the prophet Jesus the Son of man words as messages of strength from the Father Not some invisible entities as legions of gods in the likeness of dying mankind .

Angel a (fake word) in both the old and new testament. A fake word needed to add another source of faith rather than scripture Christ's faith or power. (sola scriptura)

The Greek angelos, meaning "messenger."not angel

The Hebrew Malak meaning "messenger" not angel.

Needed to put a face on the legion of fathers or patron saints (3,500 and rapidly rising) workers with familiar spirit gods' in the likeness of dying mankind

No invisible creation called angels Patron saints as angels (false apostles) sent with oral traditions' of dying mankind . . . . . yes.

It can see seen used falsely in many examples . Like in the garden of Gethsemane the promised work of two. The Father as the Spirit of truth working in the Son of man to both reveal his will and empower the Son of man Jesus in order to finish it to the glory of the father. Just as with all Christian's as sons of God.

I would think God is powerful enough and does not need a peanut gallery that some call angels .

Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel (message ) unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Same with entertaining a stranger (angel) , can't entertain one not seen. In that way he sends apostles to aid other apostles sons of God. both might have something to share all gifts are two fold in that way .never one (self edifying)

There appeared to the prophet Jesus the Son of man words as messages of strength from the Father Not some invisible entities as legions of gods in the likeness of dying mankind .
They are still angels.

Back