• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why are so few saved?

Why are so few saved?

• man’s stubbornness

• lazy soul winners

• God’s hands-off tack a bit

• Some other reason

• I have no clue

• Not all are the elect

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think of it as why are so many saved? The fact that even one man - who drinks iniquity like water - is saved reveals to us the unfathomable depths of God's incredible mercy.

The number of resurrected saints before the throne in Revelation 7:9 is presented as a great multitude "which no man can number". That is not just a few who are redeemed.

Also, the saints who are to be "harvested" in a resurrection process are compared to a "wheat" harvest, with the "tares" representing only a small minority of the whole harvest. If the "tares" represented the majority percentage of the harvest, then it would instead be called a "tares" harvest. But it isn't. It is called a "wheat" harvest. That is because the wheat outnumbers the tares by a much greater percentage.

Even among the angels, it was only a third of the angels which Satan was able to draw into evil. Two thirds remained faithful as the "elect angels" of God. Why would humanity's number of elect be worse than the number of elect angels? Especially when God did not even make a plan of redemption for them as He did for us.

The number of resurrected saints before the throne in Revelation 7:9 is presented as a great multitude "which no man can number". That is not just a few who are redeemed.
that's just an assumption. how big is the multitude of those saved compared to the multitude of those who are not?

what does scripture teach?
Luke 13:23: And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

what does Jesus say about the wedding feast? “For many are invited, but few are chosen.” Matt 22;14.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
Matt 25:11-12
notice in this parable of the ten virgins: about 50% of the characters are saved.

What does Jesus say in Matthew 7:21–23,
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Also, the saints who are to be "harvested" in a resurrection process are compared to a "wheat" harvest, with the "tares" representing only a small minority of the whole harvest. If the "tares" represented the majority percentage of the harvest, then it would instead be called a "tares" harvest. But it isn't. It is called a "wheat" harvest. That is because the wheat outnumbers the tares by a much greater percentage.
I think maybe you should re-read the parable and look for exactly what Jesus is teaching. parables teach., they are not doctrines. I believe you are assuming again.
Even among the angels, it was only a third of the angels which Satan was able to draw into evil. Two thirds remained faithful as the "elect angels" of God. Why would humanity's number of elect be worse than the number of elect angels? Especially when God did not even make a plan of redemption for them as He did for us.
These are questions you will have to ask Jesus one day if they concern you that much. but they do not prove what you're trying to prove.

What does Jesus say in Matthew 7:21–23,
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
This is the usual mistake - to apply this to the entire record of the human population at large, when it was specifically intended to show the comparatively small "remnant" of ethnic Israelites that would come to faith in their own prophesied Messiah. In general, John 1:11 spoke about this, saying, "He came unto His own, and His own received Him not."

Paul in Romans 9:27 quoted Isaiah's prophecy concerning that first-century generation of Israelites, saying, "though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant will be saved." Paul applied this "remnant" number to his own ethnic people and to his own time frame, saying in Romans 11:5 & 8, "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." And, "according as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day."

The "narrow gate" description was related specifically to this comparatively small "remnant" of ethic Israelites who would believe in their prophesied Messiah when He came among them for His earthly ministry. It was not a prediction of only a limited few over all of human history who would ever become children of God. Hebrews 2:10 says that God's purpose in sending Christ was to "bring MANY SONS unto glory" - not just a few.

We also have all the OT predictions of God bringing the nations unto Himself. So many of their number, in fact, that the "tent stakes" would have to be lengthened considerably to accommodate the increase of all the members of the Gentile nations coming to faith. God predicted that Abraham's seed (the children of faith) would be as many as the stars of the heavens for multitude. He was to be the "father of many nations" - a prediction of the Gentiles flooding the kingdom of God with their increasing numbers.

Leaven is pictured as as a symbol of how the increasing numbers in the kingdom of God will totally fill the bread dough before the culmination of fallen mankind's history on this planet. I'm sure you are also aware of the mustard seed analogy, as well as the progress of Daniel 2's "stone" kingdom until it fills the whole world with its effects. All of these present the overwhelming numbers of those who will become children of God - not just a miniscule few here and there. That is a rather defeatist position to take concerning the promised growth of God's kingdom, and it doesn't match with scripture's predictions at all.

When people expect one answer to a multiple choice question, they expect to hear an either/or answer. But when option D is "All of the Above", we can expect a "both/and" answer. Your question above includes the option of 'some other reason', so the 'other' reason I answered with, is All of the Above...

Last edited:
When people expect one answer to a multiple choice question, they expect to hear an either/or answer. But when option D is "All of the Above", we can expect a "both/and" answer. Your question Above includes the option of some other reason, so the other reason I answered with is All of the Above...
okay ;)

why few are saved?

Most professed believers are not true believers.

Jesus made it clear that only a few will be saved.

Why are so few saved? Is the issue man’s stubbornness, lazy soul winners, or God’s hands-off tack?
Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and it is by the Torah that we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so Christ leading us to be a doer of the Torah is intrinsically the content of his gift of saving us from not being a doer of the Torah and the position that we are not required to obey the Torah is the position that we do not need salvation. Stubbornness is a big issue, but a major problem is the lack of understanding of what the content of the gift of salvation is. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not extrinsically required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and we are not extrinsically required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us how to experience being a doer of those works is intrinsically part of His gift of salvation.

I would offer.

God defines what a Jew is . Two kinds .Satan would make it all one in the same.. .

The gospel below. .

Romans 2:27-29King James Version And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter(death) and circumcision dost transgress the law? For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; (death) whose praise is not of men, but of God

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

God is not a racist. He accepts all shades of flesh

He came unto his own "outward Jew" as a pagan gentile after Jacob the deceiver. That was his before his born again name Israel (Bride)) , and His own flesh and blood dying mankind received Him not." as many as he gave power to become a inward Jew . . . . . still come

.They can pray give us this day our daily bread, hidden manna.

Not one more or one less. As many as.

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

As many as (144,000) the golden measure unseen things of faith. .

Some outward Jews tried to get in using thier DNA ID;s

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

God is not served by the dying hands as a will of mankind .He has no needs but satisfies all he needs . He is of one mind and always does whatsoever His soul desires .He with the water of His word can make our hearts softer

The Christian rainbow coalition

Last edited:
Only a few are Born Again more like...by divine revelation?

Born Again then saved from eternal damnation?

You don’t choose to be Born Of The Spirit.....God does the choosing, you have no say in the matter.

He chooses those who become Born Of God’s seed, for his purpose and plan....also to Glorify His Name and His Power....being Born Again is by Gods divine power, what power is there in man ?

Last edited:
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And how would you know that the Spirit Of God is in you?

Or even, how do you know that God exists?

Just by reading the penned word?...much more to it than that.

Why are so few saved?​

God is the first cause and therefore there is no WHY when referring to God as there is nothing to affect Him.

For God's will is so much the highest rule of righteousness that whatever he wills, by the very fact that he wills it, must be considered righteous. When, therefore, one asks why God has so done, we must reply: because he has willed it. But if you proceed further to ask why he so willed, you are seeking something greater and higher than God's will, which cannot be found. Let men's rashness, then, restrain itself, and not seek what does not exist. John Calvin

Nothing out of God can be the cause of any effect; for then there would be a cause prior to him, the Cause of himself, and that would be God, and not he. John Gill - Body to Doctrinal Divinity

If the purpose of redemption as well as of creation and of providence is the production of the greatest amount of happiness, then Christianity is one thing; if the end be the glory of God, then Christianity is another thing. Ephesians 1:11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. NASB In these verses, the salvation of the saints is seen to be “predestined according to God’s purpose,” but notice that this is not God’s highest purpose. Oh no, here it says that the predestination of salvation is “to the end that we……should be to the praise of His glory!” HeavenLight

While the answer to the thread's question: "Not all are elect" is true in my opinion it does not answer the ultimate WHY question which is to say WHY ARE NOT ALL ELECT? Why does God do X or Y?

Only a few are Born Again more like...by divine revelation?
They are pure servants of God and Jesus.

their loyalty belongs to only God and Jesus, unlike any worldly professed believers, triune god worshippers.

The triune god belongs to the world, satan.

Satan is the prince of the world.

This information all came from Jesus' word.

They are pure servants of God and Jesus.

their loyalty belongs to only God and Jesus, unlike any worldly professed believers, triune god worshippers.

The triune god belongs to the world, satan.

Satan is the prince of the world.

This information all came from Jesus' word.
They were chosen by God.

He also chooses who he reveals himself to....our God ain’t daft!....he chooses His spirit children...Born Of His Seed..

Born Again...which is the biggest Honour/ Privilege we can receive in our entire lifetime.

It is far from easy...being a spirit child, but...so worth all that pain/ suffering/ joy etc...for the Name Of Jesus!!

God chooses us “ for his purpose and plan “ we are his vessel to Glorify Him, His Power, His Love, His Mercy/ Grace that he showed us when he made us His spirit child....He did that via his witness His Living Holy Spirit.....who testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children....mind Blowing!!.....

Everything is about God/ Jesus, ....Jesus talk ,morning ,noon and night......

No one can get in the way of our walk with Jesus , Gods will be done!!....in Jesus Name!....Amen!!

1 Peter 1
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
A Greeting from Peter
(2 Peter 1:1–2)
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To the elect who are exiles of the Dispersion throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, chosena 2according to the foreknowledge of God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by His blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
A Living Hope
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy He has given us new birthb into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, reserved in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power for the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
6In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in various trials 7so that the proven character of your faith—more precious than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
8Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9now that you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
10Concerning this salvation, the prophets who foretold the grace to come to you searched and investigated carefully, 11trying to determine the time and setting to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.
12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, when they foretold the things now announced by those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.
A Call to Holiness
(Hebrews 12:14–17)
13Therefore prepare your minds for action.c Be sober-minded. Set your hope fully on the grace to be given you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the passions of your former ignorance. 15But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”d
17Since you call on a Father who judges each one’s work impartially, conduct yourselves in reverent fear during your stay as foreigners. 18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life you inherited from your forefathers, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or spot. 20He was known before the foundation of the world, but was revealed in the last times for your sake.
21Through Him you believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and glorified Him; and so your faith and hope are in God.
The Enduring Word
(Isaiah 40:6–8)
22Since you have purified your souls by obedience to the truth so that you have a genuine love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from a pure heart.e 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,
“All flesh is like grass,
and all its glory like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25but the word of the Lord stands forever.”f
And this is the word that was proclaimed to you.

Back