• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Rapture

Wow, really? I'm glad you do. You've backed me on a lot of weird stuff that has happened.
In all seriousness, if all but eight ppl were saved in the ark (and they were), then where did the Nephilim come from if not from the line of Shem, Ham, or Japheth?

In all seriousness, if all but eight ppl were saved in the ark (and they were), then where did the Nephilim come from if not from the line of Shem, Ham, or Japheth?
They existed before the days of Genesis 6 according to the text and Peter Gentry.

So, they came from Genesis 5.

I mean, see how simple that is? 😅

EX! UH! GESIS!

They existed before the days of Genesis 6 according to the text and Peter Gentry.

So, they came from Genesis 5.

I mean, see how simple that is? 😅

EX! UH! GESIS!
No, what I mean is that we see ppl like Goliath who were huge like Nephilim. If he was of that lineage then where did he (and others) come from if they were killed in the flood?

No, what I mean is that we see ppl like Goliath who were huge like Nephilim. If he was of that lineage then where did he (and others) come from if they were killed in the flood?
Dunno, it says they were there then and after that, so, that would have to be genetic IMHO.

We can't tell you. It's a secret. Sorry. ;)

I been up since 1:45 a.m. I don't like when that happens, it's usually up around 3:30-4:00. The roosters are already clearing their throats at 2:00 a.m.

Well this Giant thing keeps popping up so here we go.

True story, about 20 years ago I had this conversation with a pastor friend of mine the pastor of a co-worker. we went back and forth in written communication. It ended with him telling me "I cannot with scripture disprove anything you have said, but I choose not to believe it". That is where most people really are when we talk about Genesis 6, it is just too far out and not what many can get their minds around as being truth.

I am just interested in what the scriptures say.s The most common come back I have heard is :

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

For many this is case closed "fallen angels" cannot have sex with humans! This passage does not say this, all it says is angels of God do not marry. 1. Who here on this forum knows exactly what angels are capable of? 2. Angels that commited this sin are not angels of God they rebelled against God. 3. Angels of any stripe can appear as men so as we cannot tell the difference. Hebrews 13:2. 4. Angels can eat food with humans. Genesis 19:3. 5. Perverted men thought they could have sex with them, Genesis 19:5. Bottom line here is there is no scripture that tells us everything there is to know about angels and what they are capable of.

Some on this thread say empatically that the OT does not call angels "sons of God" but the facts of scripture differ. In fact every case in the OT "sons of God " is used it IS about angels. Genesis 6:2 & 4 , Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7

Below is the only other OT passage that uses "son of the living God" and it is prophetic about NT "sons of God". OT sons of God has absolutely nothing to do with NT sons of God.

Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Now we have this NT passage to deal with

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

What do we do with this passage? What was the sin? It was not just rebelling against God because all fallen angels are not in chains as we can prove from the book of Daniel. This sin was just what Jude said it was.

Some people totally reject this teaching from scripture as that is their right to do so. BUT I will say this, it answers far more Biblical questions than it creates.

1. Where do demons come from?
2. Why did God command entire clans of people be wiped out in the OT, men women and children sometimes even the animals.
3. Why were there no Godly giants?
4. It was giants clans that were commanded to be killed, why is that.

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Actually this was one of the main reasons for the flood.

And we have not even touched the Book of Enoch which is another controversy. It is currently in the Ethiopian Churches cannon, historically it was read in old time, it is quoted in the NT. My opinion one of the reasons it so controversial in the church today is the fact that it spells out in unmistakable language this topic that many cannot get their head around.

Have fun picking this post apart, I have studied this for years and have dealt with all of the arguments against it. I would love to hear a new one.

BTW the sons of Seth theory is false teaching.

PS anyone care to make a UFO connection? Wow another can of worms.

Last edited:
Genesis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The later ones came the same way the first ones came.

I am surprised Michael Heiser has not been mentioned..or maybe I didn’t read the whole thread.

The Rapture.

For those of you who may not know, the Rapture conveys the idea of the transporting of believers from earth to heaven at Christ's second coming. As far as dispensationalists are concerned they believe the Rapture refers to Christ's secret coming when all the believers are suddenly removed from the earth before the great tribulation.

Those who believe this secret coming believe that the event takes place 7 years before Christ returns to earth. These hold to a premillennial, pre-trib view of the rapture. This is also what dispensationalists believe. I am not an expert on this so if there are some dispy's who disagree please bring it up for correction or debate.

I am not a premillennial, pretrib or dispensationalist. I am an Amillennialist.
I believe Jesus returns at the end of the church age, or the time of the great apostasy which happens immediately before the return of Christ. Which marks the end of the millennial age on the earth.

I dont disagree with a rapture, just the time in which it takes place.

Here is where I believe the Rapture takes place. Christ's second coming.

and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 At that time there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left. Matthew 24.

“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 43 But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. 44 For this reason you must be ready as well; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.
I am one that believes that what is called the rapture will occur after the tribulation with the Beast and his Antichrist.
1 Corinthians 15:52 tells us in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, for the trumpet will sound..... According to the Book of Revelation when the 7th trumpet sounds, the kingdom of God is on Earth..... As he's coming down we will be going up, the dead will rise first and we who are alive and remain will join them in to meet the Lord in the air. (Alive and remain from what?)

I have learned that the (secret) pre-tribulation rapture was probably started by John Nelson Darby / Edward Irving / Margaret McDonald in the 18th century and popularized by Billy Graham in the 1950s.

I am one that believes that what is called the rapture will occur after the tribulation with the Beast and his Antichrist.
1 Corinthians 15:52 tells us in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, for the trumpet will sound..... According to the Book of Revelation when the 7th trumpet sounds, the kingdom of God is on Earth..... As he's coming down we will be going up, the dead will rise first and we who are alive and remain will join them in to meet the Lord in the air. (Alive and remain from what?)

I have learned that the (secret) pre-tribulation rapture was probably started by John Nelson Darby / Edward Irving / Margaret McDonald in the 18th century and popularized by Billy Graham in the 1950s.
So you’re an Amil? Or Postmil?

Back