• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Some things written by the RCC are shocking.

The authority was given to Peter and the other apostles... they were the first of the 'universal church'.... Peter and Paul died in Rome which is where the church 'set up office'. easy peasy
Later if I have time we can look at the history of the popes. You’ll love it! Well, maybe not 😎

Later if I have time we can look at the history of the popes. You’ll love it! Well, maybe not 😎
if it's titled impeccable, don't bother ...

if it's titled impeccable, don't bother ...
None of the history book agree with your Church as far as history is concerned. That should tell you something.

The most accurate writings the RCC has that agree completely is the forgeries.

None of the history book agree with your Church as far as history is concerned. That should tell you something.

The most accurate writings the RCC has that agree completely is the forgeries.
Ignatius of Antioch

You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 8:1 [A.D. 110]).

Forgery? 👆

what fact? that Peter and Paul died in Rome?
I really don’t expect you to agree honestly. That stuff has been pounded into your head for years, I’m sure. And it is fearful for you to even think if denying anything the Roman Church has taught.

After all, even though the popes are exempt from purgatory they may not get you out.

I really don’t expect you to agree honestly.
would you on a Catholic board? nope
That stuff has been pounded into your head for years, I’m sure.
same with you... hook, line, & sinker [Len Deighton]

think about it... why would Christ give us a church that truth only comes out 1,500 years into His Church?

Ignatius of Antioch

You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 8:1 [A.D. 110]).

Forgery? 👆
Ha. That’s probably one of your forgeries.

Ha. That’s probably one of your forgeries.
Have you researched Ignatius' letter? Wasn't he the third bishop of Antioch? known by Peter

would you on a Catholic board? nope
Depends
same with you... hook, line, & sinker [Len Deighton]
Nope. I was born and raised RC
think about it... why would Christ give us a church that truth only comes out 1,500 years into His Church?
You should know better than to ask such a question. One thing is your popes always contradict each other. What conclusion did they finally come to? On what subjects. Later when I have better time.

And it took time for humans to work through many things. Consider Augustine for one

Have you researched Ignatius' letter? Wasn't he the third bishop of Antioch? known by Peter
Does that really matter. There is a lot I have studied.

Later we can look at the history. Oh there is so much even on the popes.
Fornicators, murders, theives, sold offices and do, so much more

Depends

Nope. I was born and raised RC
I see those all the time on the carm board
You should know better than to ask such a question. One thing is your popes always contradict each other. What conclusion did they finally come to? On what subjects. Later when I have better time.
whatever you bind.... why are you eating at the buffet line when Christ has invited you to the banquet?
And it took time for humans to work through many things. Consider Augustine for one
What about Augustine? The Catholic Bishop

Peter is the rock chosen by God!
Jesus is the Rock, not Peter, and it is upon Jesus that Peter, having had that revelation given to him, that Peter and the other apostles would preach the word to all Judea and from there it would go to the ends of the earth.

Jesus is the Rock, not Peter, and it is upon Jesus that Peter, having had that revelation given to him, that Peter and the other apostles would preach the word to all Judea and from there it would go to the ends of the earth.
Hey! Only the Roman Church could know such things!

But in all honesty they have it mixed up for sure

The pope succession thing falls apart because we have zero scriptural evidence Peter even made it to Rome, nevermind leading the church there. Paul certainly was.

Would you mind explaining exactly what you mean by truth? I mean the church existed since Adam - Abraham, up to now. Did they all have, and, understand the whole truth? How did Jesus himself effect this?

How was God and His truth known? Was it revealed by the levitical priests, the prophets, patriarch’s. Was it fulfilled in Christ?

What is this truth you keep talking about, about?
Is this truth throughout the centuries about a pope? If not. Then what?

The pope succession thing falls apart because we have zero scriptural evidence Peter even made it to Rome, nevermind leading the church there. Paul certainly was.
Amen. We don’t know Peter ever made it there. We also know Peter was married, right @Arch Stanton ?

Back