• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Salvation and sanctification is now complete in Christ: Consecration then follows

Gospel is not the Law​
I suppose some gospels are the law without faith. If anyone preaches one, you can point that out to them.

, or exhortation for sinners.​
Not true.

James 2 is rebuke for sinners having their faith with the sin of respect of persons, and doing no good, which also is a sin:

Jas 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

How many good works must one do​
To inherit the kingdom of God by resurrection from the dead: Anytime and always.

Do good today, and tomorrow takes care for itself, to recieve the reward of doing good in Christ Jesus unto the end.

Mat 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Hebrews
{13:8} Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Only sinners still sinning more or less, ask how much more good than evil they have to do. Not to be justified of God, but only of religious people also doing both good and evil.

and must these good works be perfectly holy without a blemish of sin?​
Not for sinners, but only for the Holy One of God and Israel:

Matth 12:33
Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

1 Peter
{1:14} As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: {1:15} But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; {1:16} Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. {1:17} And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear:

Rom 11:16
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

The lukewarm in works includes any good deeds done from the same old unrepented heart of lust. And so, their own works alone are never pure, holy, and without blemish in the clean sight and righteous judgment of God.

Hab 1:13
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity:

2Pe 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And since their works are only for outward show among sinners like themselves, then inward purity is not sought to please them thereby.

Matthew
{23:5} But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Ghada, James is speaking to believers here, not to non-believers.​
True. Believers justified by their works, and believers unjustified by sinning and doing no good.

The former are believers justified by Jesus Christ, and the latter are believers unjustified with believing devils, that also repent not.

The inheritance either comes through the Law or by Grace,​
The inheritance is only reward to them proven themselves worthy to walk with God and the Lamb forever in white.

Col 3:23
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Eph
{4:1} I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, {4:2} With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Rev
{3:4} Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. {3:5} He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Which is only by repenting for Jesus' sake by grace, to do all new and good works through His faith.

The only thing anyone inherits by their own faith alone with the children of disobedience, is a fiery grave until resurrection unto eternal condemnation and shame.

Doesn't the Law expose sinners trespasses before a Holy God?​
Certainly. Especially unrepentant believers. Which is worse than believing devils, who have no repentance preached to them.

I suggest that you read Romans where Paul speaks about how a sinner is justified before a Holy God. To the One who does not work, but believes in HIM who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted righteous.​
The strong delusion is that God justifies the ungodly being ungodly.

Turning Gospel into Law or Law into Gospel is perverting the Good News of the ungodly!​
I couldn't agree more: The gospel of righteousness perverts the good news of the ungodly. And vica versa.

Only the unrepentant ungodly, would preach for themselves the delusional news of being the ungodly, that are justified by their own ungodly faith alone.

Jde 1:14
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

God saves us in Christ while we are still sinners.
Psa 1:5
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

You are also pitting Paul & James against each other.​
Those who first pit Christ against Himself in James 2, naturally pit Christ against Himself between James 2 and Rom 4.

Didn't I point this out where Paul agrees with James.​

Room 4 and James 2 agree that no man is justified by his own works alone, nor by his own faith alone.

That once a sinner is justified before God in Christ through Faith Alone,​
Sinners only justify themselves through their own faith alone.

The righteous Lord only justify the righteous doing His faith alone.

they are to walk in newness of life. So, understand that the good works of the believers flow from their being already justified in Christ.​
The better homes and garden religion of half-repented sinners, is indeed new to themselves.

Just not new enough to God and Jesus Christ:

2 Cor
{5:17} Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. {5:18} And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ

Jas 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Progressive sanctification by lukewarm repentance, is liberal humanitarian religion in the name of Christ. They are righteous in their own eyes by their own faith alone.

Mark 2;17
I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?​

Do you know why Paul said this?

Because some sinful believers justify themselves by their faith alone? And they celebrate their grace to do so, with much abounding and leaping and sounds of great glee?

1Co 13:1
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Ki 18:26
And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.

The celebrations of the lukewarm ungodly no doubt do not include knives and lances. They would be of a fruitier show of faith.

Not while we do some good works, then God decides to save us.​
Certainly not. Repentance includes filthy works of our own righteousness, as well as acts of evil. Nor any fruit-shows only to be seen of men.

None of these works boasted of by irreligious and religious sinners alike, are ever justified by God and His Christ.

I suppose some gospels are the law without faith. If anyone preaches one, you can point that out to them.
Some Gospels? There's only one Gospel; the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
, or exhortation for sinners.
Not true.
Okay, so tell me. How is a sinner Justified before a Holy God? It is through Faith in Christ Alone, or is it by their obedience to the Law? Please, understand I am not trying to trick you here.

The Righteous Shall Live by Faith​

10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” 11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” 12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— 14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

What curse is Paul talking about here? The curse Paul is talking about here, is the condemnation and punishment for sin. The Law is Holy and Good, it's the sinner that is the problem. Why? Damned be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law; meaning it's required by the Law to be Perfectly Holy and keep all the commandments without sin. But Paul says it is evident that no one is justified before God by the Law, because everyone is already damned under the Law; due to original sin, and our personal sins. This is why Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us. Christ changing places with us and he pays the price with his blood that we deserved, due to our fallen sinful nature.

And this is God's Promise that he will do for his people. That he will send a Redeemer, Messiah, Paschal Lamb, the Last Adam to restore God's people with a payment of his Holy, Begotten Son; the Righteous for the Unrighteous, by becoming a curse for us. Salvation of the ruined sinner, is a Gracious Act of God Alone. The works we perform as believers is still his work in us through the Spirit. The only place for us to boast is in the Lord? These works flow because we are in Christ through Faith Alone, and yes this Faith is Alive, because this Faith is also a gift from God. It's all of Grace!

Anyway, I suggest you understand the terms of Legalism (Works of the Law to be justified) & Antinomianism (Anti-Law, Living as one can instead of for God). Also spend time on Law & Gospel distinctions, because the Gospel is not Law.​

Who is the Covenant Keeper? Is it Man or God?

Gen 17:9
And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

Exo 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

1Ki 11:11
Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

Only unrighteous faith aloners not keeping God's commandments, would ask such a question.

Justified by Faith
Is not alone, being dead.

Are you familiar with Legalism & Antinomianism? If you are, can you define them for me, please.
Legalism is outward works of the law only, without inward faith.

Antinomianism is rejecting Christ has a law to keep at all.

Faith Alone is outward transgression of the law, with inward faith only.

Antiworks is rejecting any works with faith alone that justifies. Any faith with works does not justify. Living by faith is unjustified.

Last edited:
Some Gospels? There's only one Gospel; the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
There be many gospels of false christs and apostles, other than the Scripture's gospel of Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Two of the most common are the outwardly righteous gospel of law alone, and the outwardly unrighteous gospel of faith alone.

Neither are spirituall clean and pure within.

2Co 7:1
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Okay, so tell me. How is a sinner Justified before a Holy God? It is through Faith in Christ Alone, or is it by their obedience to the Law?
Only offering 2 gospel choices, shows wilful blindness to the 3rd, which I have been preaching: The gospel of justification by works through the faith of Jesus.

Jhn 8:43
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Like Paul preaching the unknown God to the superstitious, so I must preach the unknown gospel to faith aloners.

The Righteous Shall Live by Faith​

What curse is Paul talking about here?​
12 But the law is not of faith

The law that is without faith, of course. Which has it's own gospel of law alone. Just as faith without works has it's own gospel of faith alone.

The curse Paul is talking about here, is the condemnation and punishment for sin.​
True.

The Law is Holy and Good, it's the sinner that is the problem.​
True. With their own soul that is dead by transgression.

it's required by the Law to be Perfectly Holy and keep all the commandments without sin.​
God forbid!

Thank God then for the gospel of Jesus Christ to repent and recieve His faith to do so.

1 Peter
{1:14} As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: {1:15} But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; {1:16} Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Rev
{14:12} Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

But Paul says it is evident that no one is justified before God by the Law,​
By the law alone, which is not of faith. Nor by faith alone, which is not with works.

because everyone is already damned under the Law​
Everyone that sins and transgresses the law.

1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

; due to original sin,​

Christ is not the Maker of sin nor sinners. The god of this world is not a maker, nor the Maker's helper.

Jhn 1:2
The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

This is why Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us.​
By redeeming us from sinning, is the curse of transgressing the law done away with.

1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Christ changing places with us
Christ never changed places with sinners. He never sinned nor was a sinner unto death on a cross.

It's only a sinner christ, that is in the place of sinners and justifying sinners in their sins and trespasses.

Psa 1:5
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

and he pays the price with his blood that we deserved​
Until any man repents and takes up his own cross for Jesus' sake.

And this is God's Promise that he will do for his people.​

Not mine. I reject any God and Christ offereing to become a sinner like me, so that I can be a sinful God and Christ like him.

Gen 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: {3:5} For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That he will send a Redeemer, Messiah, Paschal Lamb,​
To them that repent of all their sins and trespasses, today completely for Jesus' sake.

Exo 34:25
Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

Exo 12:11

And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover.

Progressive sanctification by later repentance of convenience, does not eat the Passover of the Lamb of God as commanded, even as they repent not as commanded:

Ezek
{18:31} Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? {18:32} For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves,] and live ye.

Jerem 3:10
And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

Salvation of the ruined sinner, is a Gracious Act of God Alone.​
Salvation for the repented saint from old sinning, is by the grace and faith of Jesus alone.

No ungodly sinner is saved in their ungodly sinning by Jesus Christ, but only with a sinful Christ.

The works we perform as believers is still his work in us through the Spirit.
True. And any sinful works any man performs as a believer, is still the devil's work though the lust and spirit of the world.

Sinful believers are unjustified men and women that sin. Believing devils are unjustified angels that sinned.

The only place for us to boast is in the Lord?​
True. If we are doing the will of the Lord through His faith.

These works flow because we are in Christ through Faith Alone, and yes this Faith is Alive, because this Faith is also a gift from God. It's all of Grace!​

True. To them that repent of all sins and trespasses today, for the Lamb's sake.

Unrepenteted or lukewarm repented sinners preach their own faith and themselves alone.

2 Cor
{4:5} For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.

Anyway, I suggest you understand the terms of Legalism (Works of the Law to be justified)​
Works of the law without faith justifies no man, even as faith without lawful works justifies no man.

& Antinomianism (Anti-Law, Living as one can instead of for God)​
Antinomianism rejects there is any law of Christ. much less to keep it.

Antiworks is justifiecation only by faith alone without works. Any faith works does not justify any man. No man can live by his faith and be justified. His faith must always remain alone without works to justify.

. Also spend time on Law & Gospel distinctions, because the Gospel is not Law.​
And gospel distinctions are: unjustifed by law alone, unjustified by dead faith alone, and justified works through the faith of Jesus only.

The first is outward righteousness only, the second is outwardly cold or lukewarm, and the last is the first and only gospel of Jesus Christ: both inwardly and outwardly righteous.

Matth 23:26
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

1 Thess
{5:22} Abstain from all appearance of evil. {5:23} And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. {5:24} Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Gen 17:9
And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
Do you know what Covenant this is? It's circumcision of the foreskin. Why are you quoting this passage?
Exo 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
Does Israel transgress this Covenant?

Hosea 6:7 But like Adam they transgressed the covenant; there they dealt faithlessly with me.

As I already pointed out, Law demands sinless lives before God to fulfill this Covenant. This is why God made a Covenant of Grace; Christ comes and fulfills the Covenant of Works for us.​

I Will Put My Spirit Within You​

22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Who will do?

Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

Only unrighteous faith aloners not keeping God's commandments, would ask such a question.

Is not alone, being dead.

Legalism is outward works of the law only, without inward faith.

Antinomianism is rejecting Christ has a law to keep at all.

Faith Alone is outward transgression of the law, with inward faith only.

Antiworks is rejecting any works with faith alone that justifies. Any faith with works does not justify. Living by faith is unjustified.
Explain this passage for me.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Do you know what Covenant this is? It's circumcision of the foreskin. Why are you quoting this passage?
God keeps His covenant with them that keep His covenant.

As I already pointed out, Law demands sinless lives before God to fulfill this Covenant.​
Correct. Which is why unbelievers cannot keep His covenant and law, because they have not repented to believe they can.

Unbelief is unto disobedience, and disobedience is by unbelief.

This is why God made a Covenant of Grace;​
I've never read any 'covenant of grace' in the Bible. But only the covenants God has made with man on earth. The covenant of the bow, of circumcision, of the old, and of the new.

With the new covenant of Jesus Christ, I read of His grace to obey His law at all times.

There is no disobedience in the grace of God, but only obedience with His grace.

Rom 2:3
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 2:5
But after thy hardness and unrepentant heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Christ comes and fulfills the Covenant of Works for us.​
Jesus Christ doesn't come to live for any person, but rather comes to them that repent, and live for Him.

Nor is there any 'covenant of works' in the Bible.

There's the repented believers in Jesus Christ, that live for Him to wholly obey Him and keep His covenant and law holy.

There's also the unrepentant unbelievers, that still live unto themselves in disobedience to His covenant and law.

Disobedience by one's own faith alone, is not the faith of Jesus that obeys God and the Father.

I Will Put My Spirit Within You​

Jesus Christ only puts His Spirit into new hearts, that have repented of old sinful lives.

Mat 9:17
Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Luk 22:20
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

The Spirit of Christ is His own blood in His own body of flesh and bones on earth.

Jhn 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

1Pe 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Obedience is drinking Jesus's Christ's blood unto life in Christ's own body. His grace and Spirit is to obey Him, not for disobedience.

Galatians
{6:7} Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. {6:8} For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Acts
{11:17} Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as [he did] unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? {11:18} When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The urnepentant children of disobedience that claim the promises of Jesus Christ, only do so by the power of their own words of doctrine alone.

Ps 12:3
The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our words are our own: who is lord over us?

They preach for themselves another gospel of having everlasting life with disobedience, by the power of their own faith and will alone.

Gen
{3:5} For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

All such power, faith, and will of the disobedient, ends in the grave. Only on earth can they be as gods choosing to do both good and evil at will.

Only them that repent of the evil, and do the good, are born sons of God with everlasting life.

3 John
{1:11} Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Explain this passage for me.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.
Isolating Scripture in Rom 4 makes Christ a liar in James 2.

James
{2:21} Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Circumcision of the flesh is the works Abraham is not justified by.

Rom 4:1
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Rom 4:9
Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Romans 4 is written to Christians pertaining to those trusting in works of the law to justify them. James 2 is written to Christians pertaining to the those trusting in faith alone to justify them.

Thanks for pin pointing a crucial point here. Nobody has kept the Covenant with God; except one person; namely Jesus Christ! Everyone else is under the curse of the Law (Gal. 3). Every person is a sinner before God, this is correct? And in need of a Savior.

The Law and Prophets speak of the one who will come and redeem God's people form their sins, by becoming a curse for them. But how could he do that? Christ is not a sinner, but becomes a sin offering and our sins are imputed to Christ, while his righteousness is imputed to us. This is the marvelous exchange! And this is the Free Gift of Righteousness that is received through Faith Alone apart from any works we do or will do. To add anything to it, would turn this Free Gift into a Work, something that is earned and not received freely. So, now it's no longer by Grace Alone, but by works of the Law. Which is no gospel at all.

Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

See, God gave it "FREELY" as a Gift. Not by something Abraham did to earn it. Big difference. And this is precisely what Paul is explaining in Romans; Works vs Gift---Law Vs Gospel---Condemnation Vs Justification---Death Vs Life---Imputed Sin Vs Imputed Righteousness---Alienation Vs Reconciliation, and finally the Last Adam (Christ) fulfilling the broken Covenant that the first Adam breach by his disobedience; with his perfect obedience that fulfills the Law, and merits for himself a Kingdom and a people (Rom. 5):12-21).

Everyone has failed to keep the Covenant with God, except Christ the One whom God has sent.

Thanks for pin pointing a crucial point here. Nobody has kept the Covenant with God.....
I suspect what is unwittingly happening in this discussion is a failure to acknowledge, accept, and embrace ALL the stipulations of the covenant(s). For example, in Deuteronomy 28 God promised to destroy those to whom He was speaking if they disobeyed. The promises are everlasting. God keeps His covenant with them that keep His covenant, but God also keeps His covenant with those that do not keep His covenant because part of His covenant entailed consequences for breaking the covenant! We live in an era where a certain portion of Christendom ignores or neglects the punitive promises and accentuates the promises their theology tells them are the one that matter. @Ghada, you're 100% correct to say, "God keeps His covenant with them that keep His covenant," BUT that cannot be made to mean God keeps only the good parts or God does not keep His covenant with covenant breakers. God does not make promises and then not keep them so if and when He promises punitive consequences for covenant breakers that means He's keeping His end of the bargain whether others do so or not 😮. @Ladodgers6, you, likewise, are also 100% correct when saying, "Nobody keeps the Covenant with God," but, again, there are portions of the covenant(s) being left out with that statement. Grace would be chief among the neglected parts when the covenant(s) is viewed from a works basis, or a transactional point of view.

When God tells Abrahm to circumcise the males that is a work Abe must perform but, technically (I may be mistaken because I'm working from memory), the requirement of circumcision was a requirement signifying or signaling (sign of) the covenant, not the covenant itself. The same is true of Abraham sacrificing Isaac. That was not an actual part of the covenant. These commands by God are much different than what God announces in places like the aforementioned Deuteronomy 28. In Dt. 28 God explicitly announces the promises, both blessed and punitive, as conditions of the covenant. Dt. 28 is detailed but in its essence it is no different than what God told Adam: do not disobey Me or you'll die. The difference is the "obey" part for Adam was not eating the forbidden kiwi and for the Hebrews of Dt. 28 the list is much more detailed.

Compare this to what happened when God first formalized the covenant with Abraham. That day Abraham made preparations for a suzerain covenant ceremony (where a lesser vassal pledged fealty and tribute to a greater vassal predicated upon the death of the lesser vassal should he ever violate his pledge of fealty and tribute). Abe stayed among the carcasses to shew away the scavengers but fell asleep and during the sleep he had a vision in which the smoldering pot and flame (symbols of God) walked through the ritual in the role of the lesser vassal! To whom is the lesser vassal pledging fealty and tribute? To God! So..... in Abraham's vision it is God pledging fealty and tribute to God upon condition of death.

What Abraham saw was a foreboding of the Messianic sacrifice, God fulfilling the fealty and tribute man cannot pay.

And you, Ghada, are going to have difficulty accepting this because you do not believe Jesus is divine. Neither do you have room for God destroying covenant-breaking Israel as a member of the covenant God keeps whether others keep it or not.

Thanks for pin pointing a crucial point here. Nobody has kept the Covenant with God; except one person; namely Jesus Christ! Everyone else is under the curse of the Law (Gal. 3). Every person is a sinner before God, this is correct? And in need of a Savior.
For you, no doubt. No reason to not believe your own confession of unrepentance.

Rom 2:3
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

But, if you do repent of your own sinning for Jesus' sake, then you too can be made a whole new creature and son of God, keeping His commandment, law, and covenant blamelessly from a pure heart.

Rev 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1 Thess
{5:22} Abstain from all appearance of evil. {5:23} And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. {5:24} Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do it.

But judging everyone esle to be a worker of iniquity like you, in order to somehow justify your own unrepentance, won't lead you to any repentance at all, much less repenting of all your sins and trespasses.
Christ is not a sinner,​
Only them that sin are cursed as a sinner.

Psa 32:2
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Rom 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Only them that sin are imputed sin by God, and cused by the Lord as a sinner.
but becomes a sin offering and our sins are imputed to Christ, while his righteousness is imputed to us.​

This is a cursed gospel preached for unrepentant sinners, to curse Jesus Christ with their own sinning.

1Co 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Gal 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Jesus was made by the Father's command to become cursed of men, by being falsely accused and condemned as a cursed man on a tree.

Jesus was never cursed by God for sinning. For our sake, He allowed Himself to become cursed of men by death on the cross, but He was never cused by sinning for nor with anyone. The first Adam did so to himself, but not the Second.

Imputing sin to Jesus Christ is cursing the only One that never knew sin, had sin, nor was ever cused for sinning, because He never sinned. Especially not on the cross unto death.

Those still sinning against Christ, are cursing themselves now by crucifying Him afresh to themselves. That especially includes those justifying it, by cursing Him as a sinner like themselves.

Mat 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

This is the marvelous exchange!​
For them cursed with delusion, sure. But that so-called exchange dies with the body in the grave. Along with any other cursed gospel for unrepentant transgressors.

Last edited:
And this is the Free Gift of Righteousness that is received through Faith Alone apart from any works we do or will do.​
The gospel of faith alone, is as dead as faith alone. Whether capitalized or not.

Faith Alone is Dead.

To add anything to it,​
Adding to it is what we are told to do with our faith, to ensure our calling and election of Christ. Such as virtue, patience, godliness, charity...

would turn this Free Gift into a Work,​
To add anything to faith alone makes it faith with works, and not faith alone.

For a free gift of justification by faith alone, faith must remain alone with no works added to it: No man can live by their faith alone, and be justified by it.

The ridiculous gospel of justification by faith alone, forbids living by their faith. Else, how can they then have faith alone?

It also forbids adding the virtue, godliness, and charity of Christ to our faith:

2Pe 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Many times Christ has His Scriptures written with specific heresies in mind, just to expose them plainly to anyone reading the Bible.

Job 5:13
He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

1 Cor 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

The gospel of Jesus Christ says to add such good things to our faith to ensure our election, and the gospel of faith alone says don't add anything to faith, to ensure being justified by faith alone.

The Scripture says the just shall live by their faith. Others say the just shall not live by their faith, else their faith is not alone, being with works.

The Scripture says faith alone is dead, being without works. Others say only faith alone is alive, because it is without works.

Some things are so obvious in grammatical comprehension alone, that we see how wilfull darkness won't even comprehend the light, much less believe and do it.

Jhn 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

That's why I no more try to convicne anyone trusting in their own faith alone, but only shine the light at their dark faith and move on.

Matthew 6:23
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Afterall, how much greater darkness can anyone have, than to impute their own sinning to Jesus Christ, in order to justify their sinning against Him.

something that is earned and not received freely.​
Which is the reward of eternal inheritance for doing the righteousness of the holy God, and not the unrighteousness of sinful man.

Salvation is not a reward for any past works done, but resurrection unto life certainly is the reward for good works done unto the end.

Col 3:23
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

So, now it's no longer by Grace Alone, but by works of the Law.​
Nor is it any longer by faith alone, when it is with works of faith.

Works by faith alone is impossible, since with works it is not faith alone. And who but babes have no works in life?

And as impossible as it may sound, some preach their faith alone, which is never alone, as the only faith that saves and justifies the soul, so that the just are only them not living by their faith.

Which is no gospel at all.​
There's the gospel of works alone, even as that of faith alone.

They are both condemned by Scripture of Paul and James. And John:

1 John 3:17
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

And Peter:

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance....

Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

See, God gave it "FREELY" as a Gift.​
Only to them that repent from their past life without Christ for Jesus' sake:

Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Mar 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

No one loses nor saves anything by their own faith alone, that can never be with works. Much less take up our cross for Jesus' sake.

Faith alone is so dead, because it has no blood nor guts in it, at all.

Jas 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Everyone has failed to keep the Covenant with God,​
Everyone like yourself, since you say so.

except Christ the One whom God has sent.

Except for them that repent to walk with Christ Jesus as He walked.

Your gospel and faith and confession for sinning, is all your's alone. And everyone else like you.

I suspect what is unwittingly happening in this discussion is a failure to acknowledge, accept, and embrace ALL the stipulations of the covenant(s). For example, in Deuteronomy 28 God promised to destroy those to whom He was speaking if they disobeyed. The promises are everlasting. God keeps His covenant with them that keep His covenant, but God also keeps His covenant with those that do not keep His covenant because part of His covenant entailed consequences for breaking the covenant!
I.e. all stipulations means conditions: If, then...

Good point. The problem with faith alone doctrine, is that it pervades all Scriptural doctrine in the Bible, as well as even some prophecies.

It has people believing that by believing it alone, God will keep all His good promises not only to them doing good, but also to do them evil, so long as they still believe it.

I.e. the father's house and kingdom has no rule of law, but only faith. It's a fairy-tale made out of the Bible.

BUT that cannot be made to mean God keeps only the good parts or God does not keep His covenant with covenant breakers.
Well said.

God does not make promises and then not keep them so if and when He promises punitive consequences for covenant breakers that means He's keeping His end of the bargain whether others do so or not 😮.
I.e. not a one-sided covenant.

The only one way street to heaven is the straight and narrow one for them that do the will of God unto the end. It can only be run by the faith of Jesus, but it must be run by anyone resurrected from the dead unto life.

There is no secured prize at the end, by just signing up for the race by faith alone.

When God tells Abrahm to circumcise the males that is a work Abe must perform but, technically (I may be mistaken because I'm working from memory), the requirement of circumcision was a requirement signifying or signaling (sign of) the covenant, not the covenant itself.
Act 7:8
And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

Technically it's the covenant of circumcision, but so long as they are circumcised, then all is well.

What Abraham saw was a foreboding of the Messianic sacrifice, God fulfilling the fealty and tribute man cannot pay.

And you, Ghada, are going to have difficulty accepting this because you do not believe Jesus is divine.
Normally, this is a simple case of false accusation, that can easily be reported to be rid of such things. But other than profane speech, I don't bother. If someone wants to show their hands, and prove their arguments are failed with petty spite, then so be it.

It's just another case of hardened hearts, that get personally offended by consistent correction, and begin throwing out any mud against the wall they can think of. In this case, it's just a more petty version of taking things personal, rather than keeping to the argument.

I believe it's a matter of conscience. Since some people only have their own faith and doctrine to trust in, then any correction to their self-justifying doctrine cannot be accepted. Else their conscience fails, and their sins with their consicience, are no more covered by the grace of their own faith and doctrine alone.

Jhn 15:22
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

The problem is that their conscience also depends on convincing others to agree with their doctrinal cloke, as in safety with numbers. And so they just keep coming back for more correction, as though they can beat down the opposing wall at some point, rather than just throw more mud at it.

It's like the moth returning to the flame. Ahab did so. He kept demanding the prophet speak the truth, and hated him for it every time.

1Ki 22:16
And the king said unto him, How many times shall I adjure thee that thou tell me nothing but that which is true in the name of the LORD?

And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would prophesy no good concerning me, but evil?

The thing is that it's not really anything personal with me. I reject any person that justifies himself by his own faith alone, as should be the case with me. I wouldn't respect anyone 'honoring' my faith, without the works to prove it. That's just vaculous condescension. Whether it's in religion or not, even as the Lord, we can all judge the true measure of a person by their works alone.

What I don't believe is divine, is namers of Christ believing they are divine like Jesus Christ, while working against Him in sins and trepasses.

Neither do you have room for God destroying covenant-breaking Israel as a member of the covenant God keeps whether others keep it or not.
Yep. More mud. Frankly it's so obvious, that it's more like silly putty. That's also why I don't bother taking the time to report such tripe.

1Co 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I.e. all stipulations means conditions: If, then...

Good point. The problem with faith alone doctrine, is that it pervades all Scriptural doctrine in the Bible, as well as even some prophecies. It has people believing that by believing it alone, God will keep all His good promises not only to them doing good, but also to do them evil, so long as they still believe it.
No, it does not. You're arguing a straw man.

No, it does not. You're arguing a straw man.
It's not my argument, nor a strawman's. Some believers teach their faith alone causes their own works of the flesh to escape the judgment of the Lord. They teach that they are no more condemned by their own works, even when doing the same as others not naming His name.

You therefore agree there is still condemnation for believers doing unrighteousness, the same as for them not naming Christ? If we are found doing unrighteousness at His appearing, we too will be condemned with all the unrighteous on earth?

For you, no doubt. No reason to not believe your own confession of unrepentance.
Again you keep judging me, instead of taking the pole out of your eye. So that I understand you correctly, is my repentance the ground and cause of my justification before God?

The gospel of faith alone, is as dead as faith alone. Whether capitalized or not.

Faith Alone is Dead.
Well as I said before you are the one that has a problem with Paul in Romans 4, I do not.

Romans 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works

Please by all means explain this for me if you wouldn't mind, thanks.

Adding to it is what we are told to do with our faith, to ensure our calling and election of Christ. Such as virtue, patience, godliness, charity...
What can a sinner add that Christ has already done?

Again you keep judging me
Are you repented from all your sins and trespasses?

If not, then it's not repentance toward God, but only that of our own choosing. Half-hearted partial repentance of continued sinnner, is unrepentance toward God.

Jerem 3:10
And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

, instead of taking the pole out of your eye.
It's not a mote being debated here, but doctrinal certainty of Scripture. If I am not repented from all my own sins and trespasses, then neither is my own repentance toward God, but only for my own standard of living on earth.

If the message is true from God in Scripture, then any offense and argument is against the God of Scripture.

So that I understand you correctly, is my repentance the ground and cause of my justification before God?
Our repentance granted by God, is the grounds for His forgiveness and salvation from sinning and trespassing against His Son.

God only grants whole hearted repentance from all dead works at His command, not man's own repentance at his own will and leisure.

Ezek
{18:31} Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? {18:32} For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves,] and live ye.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

God commands and only accepts whole unconditional surrender from His enemies. Partial surrender in our own good time, is rejected as no surrender.

Mal 1:13
Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.

Partial repentance of one's own will, is is judged is no repentance to the righteous Lord. He gave Himself a whole burnt offering on the cross, and we must give our whole life on a cross for His mercy's sake.

Mar 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

The filthy rags of man's own righteousness, it's still filthy to the Lord, no matter how much we may clean up our own sinful lives, with repentance to only sin less.

Are you repented from all your sins and trespasses?

If not, then it's not repentance toward God, but only that of our own choosing. Half-hearted partial repentance of continued sinnner, is unrepentance toward God.
You didn't answer the question. Is a sinner justified by their repentance? It's a yes or no. And address Paul in Romans 4.

By the way who went home justified the Pharisee who tithe, fasted, and prayed and showed outward godliness, and thought himself holier than any other sinner or the wretched sinner the Tax Collector?

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector​

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

It's not my argument, nor a strawman's. Some believers teach their faith alone causes their own works of the flesh to escape the judgment of the Lord.
Prove it.

Back