• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Pastor Steven Anderson is a hypocrite ...

Really? Read John 1.
Jesus was 30 years old when the true Loght was coming into the world? That means Jesus isn’t a pre-existent being known as the Word.

John 1
9The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world.

There aren't three members of the God-Head in the Bible. So it isn't a Biblical teaching. I may still check it out later just because I am curious what you people are reading.
I beg to differ. The word Trinity is not found in the Bible, I'll give you that. But the teaching of the Trinity is taught in Scripture. My advice for you is don't trust what anyone says, do your own homework and research it for yourself; be a Berean who went back to the word of God to see what being preached to them was true. They did this to the Apostle Paul.​
In the Bible there is only one true God, the Father, who is over all. He is the Lord of heaven and earth and Creator of all things.
Yes, there is One true God, I agree with you on this point. But God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself. I am curious to know from you. Does a person need to be born again to be saved?
Doing what you're advising me to do is how I became a non-Trinitarian. Do you have a link to a good read on the Covenant of Redemption?

Amen.

I believe the terms born again and saved are interchangeable. They both mean the same things.

1 Peter 1
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
Thanks for having a civil and cordial conversation with me. I am the opposite I have been reading and researching this for a very long time; and I am still learning. To suggest Christ is not God brings serious issues with it, Scripture for example. Please keep in mind that my intent is not to offend not to share.

I am curious how you explain Jesus's words here:

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

My second point I have is what were the Sanhedrin trying to charge Christ with?

No it doesn't and how would you know?
You claim Jesus is God.

Jesus says His Father is God.

You are denying His word.

And claim Jesus is your Lord.

It is a grave sin.

You will not be in God's kingdom with unrepented sin.

This is a lie, friend.
No Sir, it is a Biblical fact. Here's some Scripture to start with,

The Word Became Flesh​

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The word is God and all things were made through him and without him nothing was made.

Again I ask you, what did the Sanhedrin charge Jesus with?​

t is your

The Word Became Flesh​
[/QUOTE]

This is very much debatable because it is not saying Jesus is God.

Again this is not even close.

It was Sanhedrin saying He claimed Jesus is God. It is not His word.

not even close to Jesus is God, Sir.

Jesus says His Father is God.

He does not contradict His own word, sir.

If it's not even close, then why charge him with blasphemy?

I am curious how you explain Jesus's words here:​

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

My second point I have is what were the Sanhedrin trying to charge Christ with?
Jesus is speaking about a specific context. All indicators show Jesus was a normal human who grew up from a child into an adult. That being said, surely he would have become he would have eventually became an old man and died like the rest of us eventually will whether we wanted to lay our life down or not.

Jesus wasn’t trying to say that the only way he could die is by choosing to die, but rather he’s referring to his willingness to go to the cross and later be resurrected.

Also, they later accused Jesus of claiming to be God. However, he replied with a rebuttal. He not only didn’t day he is God, but he explained that being Son of God isn’t a claim to deity.

John 10
33“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.”

34Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’d? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?

The Word Became Flesh​

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The word is God and all things were made through him and without him nothing was made.

Yes, the living abiding word. Let there be flesh and he breathed into it and it was good. "Law of faith" .And again God said words , Let the earth bring forth grass and again the living Word of God And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament.

God speaks words they produce temporal things His word it is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Jesus was 30 years old when the true Loght was coming into the world? That means Jesus isn’t a pre-existent being known as the Word.

John 1
9The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world.
I like the next verse....10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. Jesus made the world.

You can even back it up a few verses... 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

From those two verses we learn Jesus made the world and all things were made through Him. Jesus pre-existed.

My Jesus is bigger than your Jesus.

36then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?
More pre-existence...what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world?

Jesus says "You charge me because I say I am Son of God?
Why would they charge Him for saying I am Son of God if they didn't know that was making Himself equal with God? God in other words, since God has no equals.

We all have access to the Truth.

So there is no excuse for worshipping a false god.
Wasn't it Calvin who said, "Our heart is an idol factory"?

Jesus is speaking about a specific context. All indicators show Jesus was a normal human who grew up from a child into an adult. That being said, surely he would have become he would have eventually became an old man and died like the rest of us eventually will whether we wanted to lay our life down or not.
This is conjecture on your part? The Scripture explicitly state that God became flesh to save his people who are in the flesh under the curse of the Law.
Jesus wasn’t trying to say that the only way he could die is by choosing to die, but rather he’s referring to his willingness to go to the cross and later be resurrected.
The passages are clear in what Christ is saying. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Christ says "NO ONE" takes it from me; meaning his life. He lays it down on HIS OWN ACCORD. I bold the words to emphasize his statement. Not only does he have the power to lay it down, but also to take it up again. Now, think about this a minute. Who possess the power to raise the dead? Is it man or God?​
Also, they later accused Jesus of claiming to be God. However, he replied with a rebuttal. He not only didn’t day he is God, but he explained that being Son of God isn’t a claim to deity.

John 10
33“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.”

34Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’d? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?
I don't see how these passages help your premise. On the contrary they explicitly show that Christ is God, as testified by Scripture. Allow me to share with you.

Okay, I'll start with verse 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”

The Jews are ready to stone Jesus to death for blasphemy. For saying "I and the Father are one". Jesus replies saying, I have shown you wonders; many GOOD works from the Father; which of these are you going to stone me for? Do you notice anything astronomical in what Jesus is saying here? These Jews witnessed Jesus performing these wonders before their very eyes. Do you know what good works, miracles, wonders Jesus showed them? Can a mere mortal man perform such works? This is vital in understanding that Jesus is God. I'll try to keep this short as possible.

What comes next is interesting, because these Jews do not care about the miracles he performs, but are more critical about him claiming to be God in verse 33. It's for blasphemy and we will stone you for it, a mere man, make yourself a god.

And it's this charge of so-called blasphemy these Jews charged Jesus with. They understood what he meant by Son of God; I and the Father are one, Immanuel (God with us). But where they cannot see or understand is the very works Jesus showed them and they witnessed, but yet do not believe. This is why the following verses, Jesus tells them if you do not believe who I am, believe in the works I perform, the Father is in me and I am in the Father. Basically, I am the one and the same.

I'll leave you with this verse and provide more later.

John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”​

Last edited:
Because they hate Him.
Why do they hate him? Can you provide more detail when you reply?
Look what Jesus said after that.

Jesus says "You charge me because I say I am Son of God?

Big difference.
And isn't this the very phrase is why the Sanhedrin is charging him with Blasphemy?

Jesus is not God’s Son in the sense of a human father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. God did not mate with Mary and, together with her, produce a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form (John 1:1, 14). Jesus is God’s Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’”

@Carbon

Why would they charge Him for saying I am Son of God if they didn't know that was making Himself equal with God? God in other words, since God has no equals.
Because they do not know what they are talking about.

Jesus has been claiming His Father is greater than He.

This is for @Ladodgers6 too

Last edited by a moderator:
This is conjecture on your part? The Scripture explicitly state that God became flesh to save his people who are in the flesh under the curse of the Law.
The Scriptures do not say God became flesh. I have already looked into this. It doesn't exist.

The passages are clear in what Christ is saying. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Christ says "NO ONE" takes it from me; meaning his life. He lays it down on HIS OWN ACCORD. I bold the words to emphasize his statement. Not only does he have the power to lay it down, but also to take it up again. Now, think about this a minute. Who possess the power to raise the dead? Is it man or God?​
Obviously it doesn't mean Jesus could stop himself from dying like all other people. The Bible says he was killed. That would mean he died not by his own hand. The alternative to this is that if you insist Jesus literally laid down his own life then it would follow that Jesus committed suicide, murdered himself, and died in sin. Ironically, it is the death of Jesus that is the Trinitarians worst enemy and their only possible salvation.

Acts 2
23He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross.
Acts 5
30The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had killed by hanging Him on a tree.
I don't see how these passages help your premise. On the contrary they explicitly show that Christ is God, as testified by Scripture. Allow me to share with you.

Okay, I'll start with verse 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”

The Jews are ready to stone Jesus to death for blasphemy. For saying "I and the Father are one". Jesus replies saying, I have shown you wonders; many GOOD works from the Father; which of these are you going to stone me for? Do you notice anything astronomical in what Jesus is saying here? These Jews witnessed Jesus performing these wonders before their very eyes. Do you know what good works, miracles, wonders Jesus showed them? Can a mere mortal man perform such works? This is vital in understanding that Jesus is God. I'll try to keep this short as possible.

What comes next is interesting, because these Jews do not care about the miracles he performs, but are more critical about him claiming to be God in verse 33. It's for blasphemy and we will stone you for it, a mere man, make yourself a god.

And it's this charge of so-called blasphemy these Jews charged Jesus with. They understood what he meant by Son of God; I and the Father are one, Immanuel (God with us). But where they cannot see or understand is the very works Jesus showed them and they witnessed, but yet do not believe. This is why the following verses, Jesus tells them if you do not believe who I am, believe in the works I perform, the Father is in me and I am in the Father. Basically, I am the one and the same.​
The false accusation was that Jesus claimed to be God. There is no quote by Jesus that says "I am God" in the Bible. After that, he explained that those to whom the word of God come are themselves gods. That would include the Israelites and Jesus himself. He concluded by saying that he had claimed to be the Son of God. If anything, Jesus only made it theologically more difficult to deify him since the standard for what makes him the Son of God is the same standard that made all of the other Israelites gods, but not that they are themselves Lord God Almighty.

As it turns out, there is scarcely something Jesus said or did that others in the Bible couldn't do and let's not lose sight of the fact that Jesus and the rest of them are human. They are automatically not God.

In conclusion, Jesus denied being God in John 10. There are actually a number of other places where Jesus denied it as well.

I'll leave you with this verse and provide more later.

John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”​
I would say take a look at the context, because in John 20:17, Jesus identified who his and his brothers' God is, saying “Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ”

Therefore, we have an explicit declaration from Jesus about who Thomas' God is. When Thomas said, "my God" he wasn't saying "you" are my God, but rather he was simply saying those words because he was probably surprised when he saw Jesus walking around unaided with holes in his hands, feet, and one in his side. A bit like how people still do nowadays when they see something remarkable. They simply say something like "oh my God." Same thing in Thomas' situation.

I also might add that, if you'll notice, Jesus didn't reply in the affirmative, but rather replied to the contrary, saying that Thomas wasn't blessed for believing without seeing. Jesus criticized Thomas.

29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Back