• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Our incomprehensible God.

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things just as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15
Jesus can be tempted to sin because he's a man with a man's spirit:

Hebrews 4​
15...we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin.​
James 1​
14But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed.​
If you're using God's word against Himself, that is foolish. Jesus has two natures, God and Man.

We have a Savior who can truly identify with us because he is man and who can also truly help us in temptation because he has never sinned. That is an awesome truth to cherish and sets Christianity apart from all other religions.
Matt 15​
18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man. 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, and slander.​
And this does not pertain to Jesus. Each Person of the Trinity is fully God. The three Persons of the Trinity are not each one-third of God, but are each all of God. Thus, Jesus is fully God since he is God the Son incarnate. Which means that everything that is essential to being God is true of Jesus. Jesus is not part of God or one-third of God. Rather, he is fully God. “ For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, Col 2:9.
God, on the other hand cannot be tempted:

James 1​
13...God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone.​
Sorry friend, but imo you have no idea what that verse even means.

No one every bowed to Jesus as God in the Bible. On the matter of worship, we know that Jesus prescribed worship explicitly to the Father. He has no other teaching on this matter in John 4:24.
And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Rejoice!” And they came up and took hold of His feet, and worshiped Him. Matthew 28:9.

Why did Jesus allow Mary and others to bow at his feet and worship him if he were not God?

Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28.
Why wasn't Thomas corrected if Jesus were not God?

Consider Peter,
When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter helped him up, saying, “Stand up; I, too, am just a man.” Acts 10:25-26.
Peter is telling Cornelius that he himself is just a man.

Runningman, all we have to do is read God's word and accept it as truth. Stay within the bounds, and let God speak. Scripture says,

And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jer 29:13.

You mean you trust Russel and the NWT.

Not God's word.
@Runningman is not JW either.

Your ignorance comes from not knowing what the Bible teaches and blindly following corrupt man-made doctrines of triune god worshippers.

You ought to redirect your course of faith from the inside out.

You guys are going the opposite of what Jesus wants you to do.

@Runningman is not JW either.

Your ignorance comes from not knowing what the Bible teaches and blindly following corrupt man-made doctrines of triune god worshippers.

You ought to redirect your course of faith from the inside out.

You guys are going the opposite of what Jesus wants you to do.
Yes, @Runningman told me he is not a JW. Thank you. :)

We follow Jesus. Dah.

I know it is not trin church's case.

they follow the triune god.
I noticed the people who won't say what religion they follow are embarrassed about it, or they really don't trust it. Which is quite silly, I mean either stand on it, and admit it, or leave it. :cool:

I noticed the people who won't say what religion they follow are embarrassed about it, or they really don't trust it. Which is quite silly, I mean either stand on it, and admit it, or leave it. :cool:
I don't need any advice from false god worshippers, friend.

I have my mission for my God and my Lord Jesus Christ.

I will keep on correcting what false god worshippers are spreading to the world.

good day.

I don't need any advice from false god worshippers, friend.

I have my mission for my God and my Lord Jesus Christ.

I will keep on correcting what false god worshippers are spreading to the world.

good day.
But you haven't corrected anything yet. Remember, I don't care about opinions.
Use scripture.

But you haven't corrected anything yet. Remember, I don't care about opinions.
Use scripture.
@Runningman has been quoting tons and tons of scripture, yet you have not been able to rebuttal him, not even one.

All you have been doing is giving evasive comments over and over.

Your pretentiousness is becoming.

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things just as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15

If you're using God's word against Himself, that is foolish. Jesus has two natures, God and Man.

We have a Savior who can truly identify with us because he is man and who can also truly help us in temptation because he has never sinned. That is an awesome truth to cherish and sets Christianity apart from all other religions.
God's word is not divided against itself. I am simply showing you the sola scriptura that proves Jesus isn't God.
And this does not pertain to Jesus. Each Person of the Trinity is fully God. The three Persons of the Trinity are not each one-third of God, but are each all of God. Thus, Jesus is fully God since he is God the Son incarnate. Which means that everything that is essential to being God is true of Jesus. Jesus is not part of God or one-third of God. Rather, he is fully God. “ For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, Col 2:9.

Sorry friend, but imo you have no idea what that verse even means.
The "fullness of the Deity" dwelling in Jesus doesn't mean he is God. Ephesian 3:19 says a normal Christian should be filled with the fullness of God.

And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Rejoice!” And they came up and took hold of His feet, and worshiped Him. Matthew 28:9.

Why did Jesus allow Mary and others to bow at his feet and worship him if he were not God?
Many examples of Jesus being worshipped in the Bible, but not in the context of being God.

Philippians 2:10,11 is a good example of Jesus being bowed to, but not as God and not receiving any glory for it.

Philippians 2
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28.
Why wasn't Thomas corrected if Jesus were not God?
In John 20:17 said the God of his brothers is the Father. Therefore, when Thomas said "my God" in John 20:28 he was referring to the Father as his God, not Jesus.

Consider Peter,
When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter helped him up, saying, “Stand up; I, too, am just a man.” Acts 10:25-26.
Peter is telling Cornelius that he himself is just a man.
Jesus also denied worship in Revelation 22:9, saying "I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book." That means Jesus is one of us and not to be worshipped as God. How is this so? Many times people of high rank or status are bowed to in the Bible. It shows respect and reverence where it's due.

Runningman, all we have to do is read God's word and accept it as truth. Stay within the bounds, and let God speak. Scripture says,
And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jer 29:13.
I agree.

Okay, then what religion do you follow?
I myself am a Christian, follower of Jesus. I distinguish myself as a Unitarian Christian because with how many denominations, sub-denominations, and cults there are that attach themselves to Christianity I don't want to get conflated with them if there is anything I can do to help it.

What I believe about God is that the Father is the only true God and His personal name is YHWH. Jesus is His only-begotten Son that He sent into the world to do His will and deliver His messages. I am sure you actually probably agree with this, too, but in a different way since you identify as Reformed.

In John 20:17 said the God of his brothers is the Father. Therefore, when Thomas said "my God" in John 20:28 he was referring to the Father as his God, not Jesus.

Matthew 28:9, 17, John 20:28, Luke 24:52

God's word is not divided against itself. I am simply showing you the sola scriptura that proves Jesus isn't God.
No you aren't. You are given scriptures that show Jesus is God. You say Jesus is nowhere worshiped as God in the Bible. YOu are shown scriptures that directly say He was. You come back with a scripture from somewhere else that says Jesus has a God or calls God His Father. As if to say, "But look what is says over here!" Completely ignoring the fact of those scriptures that rebutted what YOU said about Jesus. That is pitting scripture against scripture. Not sola scriptura, which you are also misusing as to its meaning. Sola scriptura has to do with the authority of the Bible in all things for the church and its doctrines and practices.

What you are missing in your interpretive method is continuity of Scripture. The Bible is one continuous book and it is the story of redemption, as it unfolds in history (actual historic events and people, that take place in our time and world) from beginning to end. It comes from God in who there is no contradiction, no shadow of turning, and exists in His wisdom and knowledge and power, in full, before it ever comes to pass in our world. As an analogy----someone writing a novel. The author knows the story, the characters, the events, and you won't find the protagonist being said to born in Iowa and seven chapters in, all of a sudden being born is California, first her name is Cleo but the writer periodically decides to give her a different name. IOW the facts are kept consistent and not contradictory. So it is with the Bible. Its truth and its message are God's to us, and there are no contradictions. You consistently use scriptures as contradictions to other clear truths.

That is pitting scripture against scripture.

Exactly. All he has to do is take the next step from "pitting scriptures against scriptures" to "harmonizing those scriptures." The harmonizing is where the Trinity, Hypostatic Union, Deity of Christ, etc. is revealed.

Back