• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Matthew 16, what was revealed to Peter

Nt says-abstain from blood. No mortal can prove it doesn't mean blood transfusions. But Gods word clearly shows God does not want one to take blood into their body by eating it so why would he allow one to transfuse it into their body?
Yes the old testament as well as new. A ceremonial law or a shadow of the unseen eternal . Do not drink literal blood, in that way .Whatsoever goes into ones mouth come out draught. it canot enter ones etanl soul

Blood like water are metaphors used to represent the unseen Holy Spirit pouring out His Spirit Life on dying flesh and blood In jeapordy of his own Spirit life used in parables.

It has nothing to do with medical practices. Many have died in vain

Yes the old testament as well as new. A ceremonial law or a shadow of the unseen eternal . Do not drink literal blood, in that way .Whatsoever goes into ones mouth come out draught. it canot enter ones etanl soul

Blood like water are metaphors used to represent the unseen Holy Spirit pouring out His Spirit Life on dying flesh and blood In jeapordy of his own Spirit life used in parables.

It has nothing to do with medical practices. Many have died in vain
You cannot prove a single word of your post.

Right. And this is one of the things my Catholic friend was referring to. Since the NT wasn't written yet, is this a form of Tradition and God communicating with His church?

Or what exactly is the meaning behind this?
What is remarkable to me is our tendency to discuss such passages as if they were only real happenings (or allegory or whatever) as if WE are the arbiters of such things, and able to decide for ourselves just what to come away from the study with, and even assuming it is ours to decide what principle is to be learned here in which to walk in obedience.

It's obvious, but we want to ignore it, that God had it recorded here for OUR sakes, but not for our USE, but rather for God's use. We want to be scientists, considering all possibilities, but as distant observers, in no way affecting the validity of their experiment by observing and commenting on it, and able to walk away at the end of the study unaffected, except wiser for their next endeavor. "Now what shall we look at next? —Hmm, this seems to feed into the question of freewill, since God gave this information to Peter to pass on to us! YES! Let's go prove —er, I mean, "study"— THAT!"

An example:

It is for US to notice and discuss that Job went through all he did for the purposes God had for that time of trial, and for the lessons we should take from it. But do we not think of Job's thoughts here; Job 19, particularly verse 23, for the point I'm trying to make:​
Oh, that my words were recorded,
that they were written on a scroll,
24 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead,
or engraved in rock forever!
25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!"
Haha! Almost a play on facts! Job's words WERE recorded, written down on a scroll, and, FOR US! Are we to discuss clinically his wish that they were written down, as though they weren't written for God's use of them upon us? Who can read this without their heart being affected, either melted or hardened?​

And this is one of the biggest things that the proponents of tradition-over-scripture don't realize they are teaching, concerning Holy Scripture. If, concerning the law, Moses could say, "These are not just words for you —they are your life!", how much more does our very life and who we are depend on the words of God concerning the fulfillment of the law —that is, the Gospel, hidden in the Old and displayed in the New— the Gospel which encompasses all fact!

(There also, I find utter defeat for synergism, but that's another discussion.)

You cannot prove a single word of your post.

I would not offered it if that was the case.

Which one word is it that I cannot prove?

Where does it say corrupted dying flesh and blood cannot be used in medical healing? A little wine is good to use for some aliments?

Remember when glasses became popular many self righteous refused and said let God heal eyes sight

All medication comes from the dust and H20the ingredients of blood

The parable drink blood eat flesh as to its spiritual understanding is found by comparing the spiritual hidden understanding to the spiritual unseen things of eternal God (faith to faith)

Clearly a picture of Christ the invisible head pouring out His Spirt life in jeapordy of his own Holy Spirit life on dying flesh and blood.

The spiritless blood must be poured out to show Holy Spirit life was given (no dead sacrifices) By his wounds we are healed,

Christ the invisible head cannot die.

David prisoned. . God sent a thirst for hearing the gospel and fulfilled it. David poured it out in honor of the invisible head

2 Samuel 23:14-18King James Version114 And David was then in an hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.(city bread = flesh) And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

Three denotes the end of a matter In that way God sent three apostles as if one with the gospel news .

It was not literal the blood . Blood represents strength or power .It was reserved to be demonstrated by our invisible head Christ who poured our his Spirit life in jeopardy of the dying flesh a person must be born again.

John 6:53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Its the kind of food the disciples knew not of at first . The food or strength needed to hear the understanding of God not seen and empower us to do it yoked with him .He can make our daily burdens light

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Water and blood are used together to represent the unseen work of Christ . it is used in that way more than 100 times . Or blood grapes freshly squeezer as living wine Non toxic not. corrupted

A three metaphors below are used to show the Holy Spirit pouring out his love in jeapordy of His own Spirit life. Milk the last used. Milk teaches us God is gracious

Isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, (of the word) and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

I would not offered it if that was the case.

Which one word is it that I cannot prove?

Where does it say corrupted dying flesh and blood cannot be used in medical healing? A little wine is good to use for some aliments?

Remember when glasses became popular many self righteous refused and said let God heal eyes sight

All medication comes from the dust and H20the ingredients of blood

The parable drink blood eat flesh as to its spiritual understanding is found by comparing the spiritual hidden understanding to the spiritual unseen things of eternal God (faith to faith)

Clearly a picture of Christ the invisible head pouring out His Spirt life in jeapordy of his own Holy Spirit life on dying flesh and blood.

The spiritless blood must be poured out to show Holy Spirit life was given (no dead sacrifices) By his wounds we are healed,

Christ the invisible head cannot die.

David prisoned. . God sent a thirst for hearing the gospel and fulfilled it. David poured it out in honor of the invisible head

2 Samuel 23:14-18King James Version114 And David was then in an hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.(city bread = flesh) And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

Three denotes the end of a matter In that way God sent three apostles as if one with the gospel news .

It was not literal the blood . Blood represents strength or power .It was reserved to be demonstrated by our invisible head Christ who poured our his Spirit life in jeopardy of the dying flesh a person must be born again.

John 6:53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Its the kind of food the disciples knew not of at first . The food or strength needed to hear the understanding of God not seen and empower us to do it yoked with him .He can make our daily burdens light

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Water and blood are used together to represent the unseen work of Christ . it is used in that way more than 100 times . Or blood grapes freshly squeezer as living wine Non toxic not. corrupted

A three metaphors below are used to show the Holy Spirit pouring out his love in jeapordy of His own Spirit life. Milk the last used. Milk teaches us God is gracious

Isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, (of the word) and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Abstain from blood. You or any mortal can't prove either way it doesn't include transfusions, thus not worth discussing. The only evidence is that blood is sacred to Gods view, and God disapproved of one putting it in their bodies by eating it. And the soul is in the blood. Lev 17:11)

It seems to me that tradition has little to do with this, though God no doubt uses tradition as he uses all things, to work good in some, and hardness or even an occasion of stumbling in others. Tradition is useful, but of no authority.
Jesus implies it was authoritative and true!

Jesus implies it was authoritative and true!

Mathew inspired by our invisible Holy Father does not end after verse 19.. or begin in 17.

Would that authoritative proving be according as it is written (sola scriptura) ? Or a oral traditons of dying mankind. Peter the Pope. . the daysman ?

Mathew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

What would you say is the object lesson ?

Elect Peter our brother in the lord as Pope?

Why not chose Jesus the Son on man as Pope

And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:17.

Exactly what was revealed, and why?
The who, where and what of Jesus was revealed to Peter in the same way it is revealed to us, by the Holy Spirit.
Why? That he would believe. It's called saving faith.
A RC asked my thoughts on this, I believe he was trying to connect, and prove, sacred Tradition here. Does this prove that God still reveals new info to people, namely his church?
No more than it proves Gd appoints apostles to his church today.

God's revelation authoritative to the body of Christ ended with Christ's revelation to the apostles as recorded in the NT.

And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:17.

Exactly what was revealed, and why?

What was revealed to Peter by God the Father was the answer he gave to Jesus's question: "Now when Jesus came into the parts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, 'Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?' They said, 'Some say John the Baptizer, some, Elijah, and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.' He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' Jesus answered him, 'Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in Heaven. I also tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my assembly, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. I will give to you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven; and whatever you release on earth will have been released in Heaven.” (Matt. 16:13-19)

It's my understanding that since the first day Peter came with Jesus, he had been asking himself that question, and because he was simple and honest, he was able to understand and accept the reply that came to him from Heaven. He didn't see supernatural manifestations as Andrew, John and James did. He didn't know Jesus's holiness as a son, workman, citizen, as His cousins Judas and James did. He didn't receive any miracle nor did he see Jesus work any; Jesus showed no sign of power to him as He did with Philip, Nathanael, Simon Cananean, Thomas and Judas, who saw them. He wasn't subdued by Jesus's will, as Levi the publican was. And yet he exclaimed: "He is the Christ!" He believed from the first moment he saw Jesus, and his faith was never shaken. That is why Jesus gave him the name "Cephas," said that upon him He would build His Church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it, as well as give him the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and tell him, "Whatever you bind on earth, shall be bound also in Heaven. And whatever you loose on the earth shall be loosed also in Heaven." From that moment, Jesus chose him as the head, to whom obedience and respect are due as to another Himself. He proclaimed him such before all the other apostles. (The Poem of the Man-God: Vol. III)

He didn't see supernatural manifestations as Andrew, John and James did. He didn't know Jesus's holiness as a son, workman, citizen, as His cousins Judas and James did. He didn't receive any miracle nor did he see Jesus work any; Jesus showed no sign of power to him as He did with Philip, Nathanael, Simon Cananean, Thomas and Judas, who saw them. He wasn't subdued by Jesus's will, as Levi the publican was. And yet he exclaimed: "He is the Christ!" He believed from the first moment he saw Jesus, and his faith was never shaken. That is why Jesus gave him the name "Cephas," said that upon him He would build His Church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it, as well as give him the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and tell him, "Whatever you bind on earth, shall be bound also in Heaven. And whatever you loose on the earth shall be loosed also in Heaven." From that moment, Jesus chose him as the head, to whom obedience and respect are due as to another Himself. He proclaimed him such before all the other apostles. (The Poem of the Man-God: Vol. III)

Observing a miracle save no one

Inspiration is loosed from heaven and falls like rain bound on earth Not loosed from Rome bound on earth. (A wile of the devil )

Jesus remains the chief of the apostle's . Peter in Mathew 16 who was jealous and rebuked the invisible head our Holy Father and forbid Jesus from doing to the good will

2 Corinthians 12:10-12King James Version Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Jesus calls those who look to signs before they believe a evil generation

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

ohn 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Back