• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Matthew 16, what was revealed to Peter

And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:17.

Exactly what was revealed, and why?

A RC asked my thoughts on this, I believe he was trying to connect, and prove, sacred Tradition here. Does this prove that God still reveals new info to people, namely his church?
I thought you made this thread for me?

Our prayers are directed to God thru the intercession of His saints in His church the communion of saints
That teaching is nonsense. Why cant you see that?

I thought you made this thread for me?
The thread is for everyone. Perhaps if others contribute, as they are you may have a change of opinion.

That teaching is nonsense. Why cant you see that?
You don’t see a biblical precedence with Esther saving the children of israel
Or lot, Gideon, Moses, Josua etc.

Mary has nothing to do with salvation. So, yes of course.
Check the nativity scene!

Round yon Virgin, mother and child!

Jesus is our salvation lk 2:30

The mother of our salvation brought forth our salvation!

All graces come thru Mary!

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us thru Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

And Jesus Christ the source of all grace came thru Mary!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of divine grace!

Mary is the divine treasury the Throne of grace! Heb 4:16

Biblical principle!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

@donadams
Prayer and worship is only to God. I know your leaders teach that there are a few different types of prayer. They call them "latreia" which is the service of prayer rendered only to God. And then there is "douleia" which is only to be rendered to angels and deceased saints. Then you have "huperdouleia" which of course is a service on a somewhat higher plane than the service of angels and saints. which they render to the human nature of Christ and the Virgin Mary.

The problem is Scripture does not recognize these. it's just a vain fabrication of the popes and the RCC. Scripture knows of no such distinction whatsoever.

@donadams
Prayer and worship is only to God. I know your leaders teach that there are a few different types of prayer. They call them "latreia" which is the service of prayer rendered only to God. And then there is "douleia" which is only to be rendered to angels and deceased saints. Then you have "huperdouleia" which of course is a service on a somewhat higher plane than the service of angels and saints. which they render to the human nature of Christ and the Virgin Mary.

The problem is Scripture does not recognize these. it's just a vain fabrication of the popes and the RCC. Scripture knows of no such distinction whatsoever.
No one should be praying to anyone but God or it is idolatry. @donadams , come out of her. Then you can read Gal 4:8 and rejoice.

Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. Gal 4:8.

@donadams
If you read the history of the Church you will find that the catholic church did not worship the saints or Mary. (I know you will not agree that it is worship, but it is a form of it.) This was introduced into the catholic church by pagans who infiltrated the church during the Dark Ages when all were forced to attend church and give up their pagan practices. Much of the clergy were ilertrate and didnt have much training and were eailly deceived. They took hold of many pagan practices and blew them up in the church to high status, to make a name for themselves. All part of here corruption.

Check the nativity scene!

Round yon Virgin, mother and child!

Jesus is our salvation lk 2:30

The mother of our salvation brought forth our salvation!

All graces come thru Mary!

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us thru Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

And Jesus Christ the source of all grace came thru Mary!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of divine grace!

Mary is the divine treasury the Throne of grace! Heb 4:16

Biblical principle!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!
Mary most powerful / worship

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

Jn 2
The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done! The answer was no! But He honored His mother!

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when “His hour” does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Paul said:

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Are going to accuse Him of being a God?

Worship
Adoration
Offering sacrifice
Are due to God alone

Anyone can take you part in Prayer, honor, veneration

Rom 13:7 honor Mary!

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!

If a man Honors his wife, and asks her to help him, and is Devoted to her, and gives her Veneration he MUST be worshipping her including adoration! Right?

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, cos Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have received come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death. Jesus Christ is the source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

@donadams
If you read the history of the Church you will find that the catholic church did not worship the saints or Mary. (I know you will not agree that it is worship, but it is a form of it.) This was introduced into the catholic church by pagans who infiltrated the church during the Dark Ages when all were forced to attend church and give up their pagan practices. Much of the clergy were ilertrate and didnt have much training and were eailly deceived. They took hold of many pagan practices and blew them up in the church to high status, to make a name for themselves. All part of here corruption.
The church still only worships God

@donadams
What happened to your faith in Christ and His eternal words? Matt 24:35

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jn 8:32 (to His Apostles) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 (to His Apostles) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:17.

Exactly what was revealed, and why?

A RC asked my thoughts on this, I believe he was trying to connect, and prove, sacred Tradition here. Does this prove that God still reveals new info to people, namely his church?
No new public revelation
Christ revealed the full faith to his apostles before the ascension Jude 1:3

Back