• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Holiness of the Sacraments?

ChristB4us

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Faith
Faith in Jesus Christ/ No church affiliation yet/Former Presbyterian
Country
Hebrews 11:13-16
Marital status
single
The summary & purpose of this Church Discipline forum.

"This is quite essential for maintaining the purity of doctrine and for guarding the holiness of the sacraments. Churches that are lax in discipline are bound to discover sooner or later within their circle an eclipse of the light of the truth and an abuse of that which is holy. Hence a Church that would remain true to her ideal in the measure in which this is possible on earth, must be diligent and conscientious in the exercise of Christian discipline. The Word of God insists on proper discipline in the Church of Christ (Mt. 18:18; 1 Cor. 5:1-5, 13; 14:33, 40; Rev. 2:14, 15, 20). Louis Berkhof"

My former Covenant United Presbyterian Church would begin "holy communion" service with "We come into His Presence today..." but it is not the truth when He is in us always and so there is no coming to nor leaving Him after communion service.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

So if guarding the holiness of the sacraments is referring to the bread and the wine as those "sacraments" as if Christ's presence is in the bread & the wine, to receive Him again, is the church ignoring Paul's warning below?

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

When Jesus said to do communion in remembrance of Him, then we cannot make communion for more than what it is as if it is a holy communion.

Let us apply how the Catholics use the Mass for; to make the one time sacrifice for sins made present again to receive again which is the offense to God that Paul is writing about here when there is no ore sacrifice for sins for why the Holy Ghost in us bears witness that we not need receive again..

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

So the sinning willfully part is on knowing that there remain no more offering for sins and yet still do it by treating communion in that way!!!

So to correct the Catholics and any Protestant still carrying that Catholic mentality over, if Jesus Christ wanted to do communion for anything else, especially as something more important than doing communion in remembrance of Him, He would have led with that, but He did not. And so His emphasis on doing "cmmunion" in remembrance of Him is to be done for that alone in proclaiming the Lord's death for what He has done by how believing in Him, we are saved.

I think the summary & purpose of Church Discipline forum should be read as...

"This is quite essential for maintaining the purity of doctrine and for guarding the ordinances. Churches that are lax in discipline are bound to discover sooner or later within their circle an eclipse of the light of the truth and an abuse of that which is holy. Hence a Church that would remain true to her ideal in the measure in which this is possible on earth, must be diligent and conscientious in the exercise of Christian discipline. The Word of God insists on proper discipline in the Church of Christ (Mt. 18:18; 1 Cor. 5:1-5, 13; 14:33, 40; Rev. 2:14, 15, 20)." Thus changing it from how Louis Berkhof had it as.

Another rebuke towards that Catholic mentality is how they had turned the bread & wine into idols since the bread & the wine are made with men's hands that idolaters believe the spirits of their gods are behind it or in those idols.

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? 23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Catholic teaching is that the priests that administer the "sacraments" are to be celibate in order to perform the Mass but if married, they can only perform communion. How does that not offend God per that verse 22 above as if by being celibate, they can pull Christ down from Heave ??n ( even though they say He does it voluntarily but yet this cannot be done by a married priest?? How does that not placed power in the hands of celibate priest??? ) It is an appearance of evil as exposed by verse 22 above for why we should avoid it and that mentality by our words & deeds.

That means dropping the word sacrament and "holy" from communion if we want our faith to shine as standing apart from that Catholic mentality so that others may be led to repentance and not offend God when they perform communion in remembrance of Him like He told us to do.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1 Thessalonians 5: 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

What does “sacrament” mean?
Regardless of post man made reference as imputed into church history, it was made outside of the Bible, thus it is unbiblical.

Making something sacred thus more than what it is, when the Bible did not, is just asking for stripes from the Lord.

Regardless of post man made reference as imputed into church history, it was made outside of the Bible, thus it is unbiblical.

Making something sacred thus more than what it is, when the Bible did not, is just asking for stripes from the Lord.
Sacraments are in the Bible and biblical

Promise of God:
Sacred oath:
A promise or sacred oath made by God is called a sacrament:
A sacrament is also the fruit of a sacrifice, grace or the merits of Christ are fruit of His sacrifice on the cross!

Lk 1:72
Acts 2:39 referring to ez 36:25-27
Acts 1:4
Acts 2:33
Acts 13:23
Acts 13:32
Acts 26:6
Acts 26:7
Rom 1:2
2 Tim 1:1-2
2 pet 1:4
1 Jn 2:25 and many more!

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Jn 1:16-17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(Thru faith and the sacraments!)

Sacraments are in the Bible and biblical

Promise of God:
Sacred oath:
A promise or sacred oath made by God is called a sacrament:
A sacrament is also the fruit of a sacrifice, grace or the merits of Christ are fruit of His sacrifice on the cross!
The word sacraments are not in the Bible.

Heeding the Catholic teaching in rationalizing sacraments as promises of God to communion is not wise.

The word sacraments are not in the Bible.

Heeding the Catholic teaching in rationalizing sacraments as promises of God to communion is not wise.
The word is not required to be there only the doctrine

The New Testament in the blood of Jesus Christ!

Matt 26:19 And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

Matt28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

15 And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

16 And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

17 And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

18 And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.

19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?

20 And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.

21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.

24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

26 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

Luke 22:7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?

10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.

11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.

13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Lk 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,

34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.

35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life.

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

1 cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

1 cor 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Rather than violate the “golden rule”

Let us examine ourselves and see if our motive is the virtues of Jesus Christ, humility, meekness & charity
Matt 11:29 or the vices of pride, presumption, and arrogance.

Motive
Humility or pride
Obedience or disobedience
Meek or arrogance
Submission to proper authority or protest
Receive instruction or presumption

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

But in reality was a spiritual tyrant!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Saul fell down a fundamentalist Protestant and rose up a catholic!

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

The word is not required to be there only the doctrine
For doctrine to be there from the very beginning, you need the word.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If the doctrine is not taught as such in the scripture, then may the Lord help you to see the addition to His words as evil.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

The RCC admits to creating doctrines outside of scripture for why they preach against Sola Scriptura.

There is no way they can prove that Peter taught everything that is Catholicism to say they follow Peter in all that he has taught when they are not following everything Jesus has taught and yet what Jesus has taught reproves the works of Catholicism as works of darkness as if believers need the Church to be saved by the works & sacraments within her to do as if Jesus Christ is unable to save them without the RCC.

May the Lord wake you up before He comes as the Bridegroom at the pre great tribulation rapture event otherwise ye shall be resurrected after the great tribulation to serve the King of kings on earth.

For doctrine to be there from the very beginning, you need the word.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If the doctrine is not taught as such in the scripture, then may the Lord help you to see the addition to His words as evil.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

The RCC admits to creating doctrines outside of scripture for why they preach against Sola Scriptura.

There is no way they can prove that Peter taught everything that is Catholicism to say they follow Peter in all that he has taught when they are not following everything Jesus has taught and yet what Jesus has taught reproves the works of Catholicism as works of darkness as if believers need the Church to be saved by the works & sacraments within her to do as if Jesus Christ is unable to save them without the RCC.

May the Lord wake you up before He comes as the Bridegroom at the pre great tribulation rapture event otherwise ye shall be resurrected after the great tribulation to serve the King of kings on earth.
The church has the duty to safeguard the sacred deposit of faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and has no authority add delete or change truth!
Truth and the church are of divine origin and are immutable ir-reformable

Pope Agatho 7th century

It is imperative that nothing of the truths which have been defined be lessened, nothing altered, nothing added, but that they be preserved intact in word and meaning. This is the true rule of faith.

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Otherwise we fall under the condemnation of scripture!
2 pet 3:16

The church has the duty to safeguard the sacred deposit of faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and has no authority add delete or change truth!
Truth and the church are of divine origin and are immutable ir-reformable

Pope Agatho 7th century

It is imperative that nothing of the truths which have been defined be lessened, nothing altered, nothing added, but that they be preserved intact in word and meaning. This is the true rule of faith.

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Otherwise we fall under the condemnation of scripture!
2 pet 3:16
If you really believe that, then how come Peter did not teach that?

Why do think he did not do so?
Because it is not the truth in what the RCC says.

The RCC claims Peter as that rock and yet Peter never taught what the RCC has done.

They just lied about Peter being the head of the church so they can have illegitimate claim in ruling Christians in his absence when he never did,

Because it is not the truth in what the RCC says.

The RCC claims Peter as that rock and yet Peter never taught what the RCC has done.

They just lied about Peter being the head of the church so they can have illegitimate claim in ruling Christians in his absence when he never did,
Christ did ascend to heaven right?

Did he appoint anyone to be in charge and govern the church or administer the kingdom in his absence?

Acts 15:7 who did God choose?

Who stood up?

What does standing up signify?

He stoop up in acts 1:15 too
And received a special anointing in acts 4:8

Acts 5:5 acts 5:10 they fell dead at who’s feet?

Thanks

Christ did ascend to heaven right?

Did he appoint anyone to be in charge and govern the church or administer the kingdom in his absence?
You would think He would say so before ascending, right?

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Did He say.. "All power is given unto Peter in heaven and in earth"? No.

Did He say .."All power is given unto you eleven disciples in heaven and in earth" ? No.

It was to Himself that all power was given to in heaven and in the earth.

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. 50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: 53 And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Nothing there either about Peter or the eleven disciples as a whole being in charge to govern the church.

The Word of God is over each believer and therefore over each church. That is where the authority comes from; the Word of God; Jesus Christ.

Acts 15:7 who did God choose?

Who stood up?

What does standing up signify?

He stoop up in acts 1:15 too
And received a special anointing in acts 4:8

Acts 5:5 acts 5:10 they fell dead at who’s feet?
1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

That includes Peter as not being any thing either. Paul had to correct Peter by standing up to Peter face to face by the word of God.

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Jesus Christ is to be your personal Good Shepherd & friend to help you follow Him; not the Pope and not the RCC.

That is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ in testifying of Him ( the Good news ) in seeking His glory.

What you are doing is being a disciple of the Roman Catholic Church in seeking the glory of that church which hardly is following Peter at all, let alone Jesus Christ.

You would think He would say so before ascending, right?

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Did He say.. "All power is given unto Peter in heaven and in earth"? No.

Did He say .."All power is given unto you eleven disciples in heaven and in earth" ? No.

It was to Himself that all power was given to in heaven and in the earth.

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. 50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: 53 And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Nothing there either about Peter or the eleven disciples as a whole being in charge to govern the church.

The Word of God is over each believer and therefore over each church. That is where the authority comes from; the Word of God; Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

That includes Peter as not being any thing either. Paul had to correct Peter by standing up to Peter face to face by the word of God.

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Jesus Christ is to be your personal Good Shepherd & friend to help you follow Him; not the Pope and not the RCC.

That is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ in testifying of Him ( the Good news ) in seeking His glory.

What you are doing is being a disciple of the Roman Catholic Church in seeking the glory of that church which hardly is following Peter at all, let alone Jesus Christ.
Yes he did power and authority in Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

By saying “go” in Matt 28:19 he is giving them his authority to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation

Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as Christ even to forgive sin!

Jn 13:20 lk 10:16
Apostolic authority

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; see Isa 22:21-22
(Keys of the kingdom / jurisdictional authority) Matt 26:17-19

Thanks

Yes he did power and authority in Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18
That was not at His ascension for which I was saying that He would designate that clearly before actually leaving.
By saying “go” in Matt 28:19 he is giving them his authority to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation
That also applies to you. That is not inferring as being rulers over a church or the believers at all. Indeed, it is by the word of God is how anyone is subject to Him by the authority of His words.
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as Christ even to forgive sin!

Jn 13:20 lk 10:16
Apostolic authority

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; see Isa 22:21-22
(Keys of the kingdom / jurisdictional authority) Matt 26:17-19

Thanks
Luke 22:24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. 27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

So did Jesus say that Peter was the greatest among them in settling their dispute as to who shall rule in authority? No.

So no one is in charge of the church when Jesus is as the Word of God over the head of every believer as well as the body of believers.

1 Corinthians 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The Pope cannot be the head of His church at all unless he declares himself to be God. You have been ripped off, brother. Leave the RCC now.

That was not at His ascension for which I was saying that He would designate that clearly before actually leaving.

That also applies to you. That is not inferring as being rulers over a church or the believers at all. Indeed, it is by the word of God is how anyone is subject to Him by the authority of His words.

Luke 22:24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. 27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

So did Jesus say that Peter was the greatest among them in settling their dispute as to who shall rule in authority? No.

So no one is in charge of the church when Jesus is as the Word of God over the head of every believer as well as the body of believers.

1 Corinthians 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The Pope cannot be the head of His church at all unless he declares himself to be God. You have been ripped off, brother. Leave the RCC now.
Why must the pope declare himself to be God?
Pope just means papa father

Why must the pope declare himself to be God?
In order for saved believers to believe the lie that the Pope is the "Head" of the Church and to take all doctrines from the Pope as the final authority rather than from Christ & His words.
Pope just means papa father
Is the pope the Vicar of Christ?

"The Pope exercises his role as the Vicar of Christ by guiding the Catholic Church and its members in matters of faith, morals, and spiritual leadership. He provides spiritual guidance, oversees the administration of the Church, and acts as the final authority in matters of doctrine."

Eight of the worst popes in church history

You really have to wonder about apostolic succession when these evil Popes were never removed. What does that testify to the ones that went before them as nothing but self serving covetous tyrants that succeeded in bringing believers in Rome and under their authority into bondage to the works of Catholicism that insures their weekly revenues?

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if you want a Biblical verse for why you should use scripture as the final authority.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Back