• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

God did not impute any sin to His own Son

Ghada

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Some believe that God imputed sin to His Son on the cross, but did not judge Him a sinner.

Objections:
--No Scripture says God ever imputed sin to His Son. The only ones imputing any sin to the Son, are false accusers of Him blaspheming God by calling Himself the Son of God:

Mar 14:64Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death

---The only ones imputing the Son cursed under the law, are His false accusers and ignorant believers esteeming Him smitten of God, by the law of blasphemy.

Lev 24:16And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death,

Isa 53:4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

If God imputed sin to Jesus, then all them at the cross esteeming Him smitten by God, was true.

---God is the Spirit that imputes righteousness or sin to souls, not bodies. God judges our souls by our deeds, not our bodies.

2Sa 19:19And said unto the king, Let not my lord impute iniquity unto me, neither do thou remember that which thy servant did perversely the day that my lord the king went out of Jerusalem, that the king should take it to his heart.

Lev 17:4And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an offering unto the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD; blood shall be imputed unto that man; he hath shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people:

Psa 32:2Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Bible imputing is judging the person with the act, whether good or bad. The only ones imputing sin to a person, that is does not commit the sin, is a false accuser, whether knowingly or ignorantly.

---The only Scripture of God imputing anything to His Son, both in prophecy and in the record, is imputing Him righteous and being well-pleased with Him:

Isa 42:21The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Mat 12:18Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Mat 3:17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

---If God imputes sin to a person, but not to the soul, then God imputes righteousness to a person, but not to the soul.

If Jesus was imputed with sin, but not judged a sinner, then those imputed with His righteousness are not judged righteous.

2Co 5:21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If this means the Father imputed the Son with sin, then the Son was made to be a sinner, not 'as' nor 'like' a sinner. Which contradicts the Scripture that the Son knew no sin in His soul, nor did His soul sin.

If the Son was not made to be a sinner by God imputing Him with sin, then we are not made to be righteous, by God imputing the Son's righteousness to us. Which contradicts the Scripture, that we are made to be righteous by imputed righteousness of God.

---Imputing anything to a person, but not the soul, is separating the person from their own soul. Or is imputing sin or righteousness to a body, but not a the soul. And so, the body and soul are separated on earth, which is only at death in the grave.

---And finally, God imputing anything to the Son, is God imputing it to God, else the Word and Son are not God.

If the sin bearing of the Son on the cross was imputed sin by God, then God imputed sin to God the Son and God the Father and God the Holy Ghost, else God the Father, Son, and Spirit are not one.

If the sinbearing of the Son is the imputed sin of the Father, than the Father and the Spirit are sin bearers with the Son.

2Co 5:21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God does not impute any sin to, nor make to be sin, the same person He judges righteous to know no sin.

The teaching of the Son the sin bearer: Bearing the sinful deeds of man in His body.

Isaiah{50:5} The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. {50:6} I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

1 Pe 2:22Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The only sins the Son bare on the cross, were the sins of wicked men and ignorant sinners upon His body. He bare in His own body the marks of sinful stripes and scourging and nails. Which He still bare in His resurrected body:

Jhn 20:25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

If bearing the sinful marks and prints of sinners on one's body, is imputed sin by God, then Paul also was a sin bearer like the Son:

Gal 6:17From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

The only Scripture speaking of the Son bearing sin, is in His body, with unjust and sinful marks and prints.

He was only made to be sin by sinful man. And He was made sin for wicked and ignorant man to believe He was smitten of God, including all men that have sinned.

He was made sin for us that sinned, to be made guilty of His innocent blood on the cross, the Jew first and also the Gentile.

All us that sinned, are all made guilty at the cross, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him, the Jew first and also the Gentile.

Rom 11:32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The righteous Judge cannot and will not make anyone to be sin, who did no sin, knew no sin, nor was ever a sinner on earth.

The Father only made the Son to be sin by sinful man, by commanding Him to submit to their hands. Thus both the Father and the Son made Him to be unjustly handled a sinner: the Father by commandment, and the Son by obedience.

Both the Father and the Son made Himself to be a cursed sinner on a tree, by the wicked hands at the cross, and also imputed to all sinful hands of the whole world. He also did so meekly without protest by commandment of the Father.

For the purpose of us all being concluded unbelievers in Him at the cross, and esteeming Him a blasphemer smitten of God, first the Jew and also the Gentile. And He only did so that by His resurrection, the Son might have mercy upon all men, that repent of their own sins and trespasses for His name's sake, first the Jew and also the Gentile.

Rom 11:32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

All men that sinned are made to be guilty of the Son's blood at the cross, that all men might be made righteous in Him:

Last edited:

The Scripture does not say that all men are made righteous in Him, but that all men might be, which is only by repentance of our own sins and trespasses against Him:

Acts{17:30} And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 3:19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

2 Cor 7:10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

By commandment of the Father to His own Son, Jesus by obedience was made to be sin by the hands of sinners, for all sinners to be imputed guilty of His blood at the cross. And also that all sinners might esteem their own sinning so exceeding sinful, that we might repent with godly sorrow, and be made the righteousness of God in Him.

God did not impute any sin to His own Son at the cross, nor was any sinner at the cross made righteous by unjustly crucifying Him. Nor is any sinner imputed and made the righteousness of God by Jesus' death on the cross.

1 Peter{1:3} Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Only by the Son's resurrection from the dead, is any person born again of God.

2Co 13:4For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

Now we see the mystery of being weak by the power of God: The Son by commandment was made to be weak in the face of His enemies, by wilful submission to their accusations, smitings, and crucifixion. He was not without strength, but was made to be without protest nor resistance as a meek lamb to the slaughter.

Even as He was made by commandment to be sin in the hands of wicked men, so He was made to be weak before their sinjful will.

He was not made to be a sinner, nor a weak person, but only made by commandment to be sin and weak in the hands of sinners, through obedience.

His strength and power of God was to open not His mouth in self-defence nor righteous indignation nor reviling His accusers, knowing He was righteous and not guilty of the sin of blasphemy against God.

Once again, if God inmputed sin to Him as His accusers believed, then God made Him to be a sinner, and their esteem of Him as smitten by God as a blasphemer, would have been true.

Gal 6:17From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Did the Lord make the martks in Paul's own body? No. Did the Lord impute Paul worthy of those marks by sin and guilt? Did the Lord make Paul to be a sinner in their lawful hands?

Paul is declaring the marks recieved by sinful and ignorant hands were the Lord's, by submission to the Lord's will to suffer on His behalf.

1Pe 2:21For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

And so it is that Jesus as Paul's example of bearing the marks of the Father, meekly suffering injustice by His will:

1 Pe 2:22Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Even as the Son bare the marks of the Father by obedient submission to the smiters, so the apostle bare the marks of the Lord Jesus by obedient sumbission to the smiters.

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

However, whereas the sins and trespasses of all men and women were imputed to the hands smiting the Son's own body, only those of the smiters were guilty of Paul's marked body.

Why? Because all men that sin are conlcuded in unbelief at the cross of Jesus, there were many believers judging the apostle innocent of bonds and punishment. Even some unbelievers judged Paul innocent:

Act 25:25But when I found that he had committed nothing worthy of death, and that he himself hath appealed to Augustus, I have determined to send him.

But as Scripture declares by prophecy, all at the cross both believers and unbelievers alike, esteemed Jesus smitten of God, worthy of death by blasphemy.

It is necessary in the wisdom of God, that all men that sinned be found guilty at His Son's cross, the Jews first and also the Gentile, else if any had believed Him and stood with Him, then no other man nor woman could have mercy by repentance after His death.

Back