• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Gen 6...who are the sons of God?

Don't downplay the stupidity of created beings. 🤪
hehe!
Satan witnessed God's power on a personal level and was still stupid enough to rebel.
Israel witnessed God's power on a personal level and was still stupid enough to rebel.

I don't think God ever expected created beings to have anywhere near the wisdom He has.

Job 4:18 KJV
Behold, he [God] put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

Job 15:14-16 ESV
What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous?
Behold, God puts no trust in his holy ones, and the heavens are not pure in his sight;
how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!
2 Peter 2:10-12 KJV
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Jude 1:8-13 KJV
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Not when they became over driven with their own lust...
That could only happen if they in their hearts had already resented the Lord, and possibly resented how he treated the angels that followed Lucifer. For there had been strong bonds amongst angels.

Keep in mind... when the angels chose between Lucifer and the Lord? Two thirds when with the Lord. One third went with Lucifer.
There will always be some in life that are herd bound and make their choices not based upon what is right, but based solely upon majority opinion.

What we saw take place in Genesis 6 were angels who originally did not choose for Lucifer, but only stayed with the Lord because of seeing the larger number staying with the Lord. That was a wrong reason for staying with the Lord.... For the love for the Lord itself should be the only true standard to know who are His own.

And, that was why its those angels who were herd bound that God weeded out, as seen in Genesis 6.
It was a process that took time as they weakened and gave into their lust because of not really having a true love for the Lord.
The ones who fell later fell just like criminals who commit crimes after other criminals get locked up... The problem was their
wrong attitude towards the Lord, which opened them up causing their painful lusts and desires that walking outside of God's grace could not contain.

Getting sleepy at this point...

grace and peace!
You need to stop stating as fact what you do not know and cannot know and is nowhere found in the Scriptures. The name of this forum is Christ Centered Apologetics Ministry.

apologetics/ə-pŏl″ə-jĕt′ĭks/

noun​

1. The branch of theology that is concerned with defending or proving the truth of Christian doctrines.
  2. Formal argumentation in defense of something, such as a position or system.
  3. That branch of theology which defends the Holy Scriptures, and sets forth the evidence of their divine authority.

2 Peter 2:10-12 KJV
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Jude 1:8-13 KJV
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
Rom 13:1 - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but ofGod: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:2 - Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:3 - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil,be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:5 - Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:6 - For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:7 - Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

“Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”

Anointed by God for a purpose. God has set him for a specific purpose. Of which I believe is to execute God’s judgment on His people
This has nothing to do with an angel rebelling against God before man was created.
It is prophecy.
The angels didn't rebel against God before man was created.

Don't downplay the stupidity of created beings. 🤪
hehe!
Satan witnessed God's power on a personal level and was still stupid enough to rebel.
Israel witnessed God's power on a personal level and was still stupid enough to rebel.

I don't think God ever expected created beings to have anywhere near the wisdom He has.

Job 4:18 KJV
Behold, he [God] put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

Job 15:14-16 ESV
What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous?
Behold, God puts no trust in his holy ones, and the heavens are not pure in his sight;
how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!
One has to wonder....can it happen again...today?

You need to stop stating as fact what you do not know and cannot know and is nowhere found in the Scriptures. The name of this forum is Christ Centered Apologetics Ministry.

noun​

1. The branch of theology that is concerned with defending or proving the truth of Christian doctrines.
  3. That branch of theology which defends the Holy Scriptures, and sets forth the evidence of their divine authority.
Some sure do add a lot of their own stuff to the Bible. I say “their own” because if you buy into someone else’s ideas, they become your own. You now own them.

Like when Eve bought into the serpents idea, it became her own. She bought into his idea, made it her own, and acted on it.

If you make someone else’s idea your own, you’re gonna have to own it.

We should be very careful that what we speak is what the Bible actually speaks.

Last edited:
Sometime after day 6. Remember everything was created very good...which would include the pre-fallen satan.
Secondly we read of Satan walking in the garden of Eden in a pre-fallen state.

As to the exact date? Don't know.

One has to wonder....can it happen again...today?
Read the Book the whole Book and you will have the answer. If that is too much, simply read Rev 21.

However, you have not established beyond a reasonable doubt that it ever happened the first time.

Sometime after day 6. Remember everything was created very good...which would include the pre-fallen satan.
Secondly we read of Satan walking in the garden of Eden in a pre-fallen state.

As to the exact date? Don't know.
Ezekiel 28 is no evidence of the fall of an angel who was in the garden. We must consider the entire context of the prophecy.

It is speaking of a king of Tyre. This king is a man, a circumcised man who gains much wealth for himself and claims to be God. But he is a man who will be brought down from his high place and be destroyed.

Compare Eze 28 with Isa 14 it’s speaking of the same man.

Ezekiel 28 is no evidence of the fall of an angel who was in the garden. We must consider the entire context of the prophecy.

It is speaking of a king of Tyre. This king is a man, a circumcised man who gains much wealth for himself and claims to be God. But he is a man who will be brought down from his high place and be destroyed.

Compare Eze 28 with Isa 14 it’s speaking of the same man.
The King of Tyre is a type of Satan....perhaps even possessed by him. The verse is showing how the King is walking in Satans footsteps.

The one presented is also presented as a supernatural being. The verse is more than King Tyre.

You would really love for that anointed one, who God has set him, to be your fallen angel who made Adam sin wouldn’t you?

Keep trying. Let me know when you find a text that says the devil is a fallen Angel.

I want everyone here to witness to what you are saying.

Keep trying. Let me know when you find a text that says the devil is a fallen Angel.

Keep talking....

The King of Tyre is a type of Satan....perhaps even possessed by him. The verse is showing how the King is walking in Satans footsteps.

The one presented is also presented as a supernatural being. The verse is more than King Tyre.

Think about it...

Will all understand?

noun​

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight. Philippians 1:9

Then why must one agree with your opinion...especially when the holes are pointed out?
I’m not saying anyone has to agree with me. I’m saying we ought not add our own ideas into the Scripture.
I’m looking at the scripture and comparing it with other scripture to get understanding of what it’s teaching.
When I consider the entire context of Eze 28, I don’t see the prophecy as speaking of a history of the fall of an angel on the 6th day.
I read it as what it is, prophecy.
Comparing Eze 28, Isa 14, Paul teaching of the man of sin, and what Daniel says of the little horn(Dan 7) I believe it all speaks of the same man to come, who is also referred to as the Antichrist.
If you lay out those scriptures together you may see remarkable similarities.

You would really love for that anointed one, who God has set him, to be your fallen angel who made Adam sin wouldn’t you?

What is Satan, then?

Back