• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Gen 6...who are the sons of God?

Tomorrow? I hope you make the right decision.

It would be nice to see you saved with the Holy Spirit opening the eyes of your heart.
That’s why I spent the last 25 years studying what He said.
I don’t recommend it to people who have other interest.

@GeneZ

Here’s how it works.

God gives His law.

And then sin transgresses the law.

Sin comes first then the transgression.

No one knew this topic better than Paul.
In Romans 5 he explained how Adam’s has brought death to all mankind.

And here goes further to explain how it was that sin killed him.

Rom 7:7 - What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:8 - But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:9 - For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:10 - And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:11 - For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

What came first?

Covetousness.
This is the desire to take and eat.
when desire(covetousness)has conceived….

What came next?
Sin. Because when desire is conceived it brings forth sin.

Then what?
The actual transgression of the law.
Sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death
James 1

Paul says it was sin that deceived him and slew him.
Sin, born of the desire of the flesh.

Then?
If any of those were true?

God was incompetent.

The angels that did that at that time? God locked up.

Other angels fell later on.
They would have to be pretty stupid angels to do it again after seeing what their fellows angels did and what happened to them.

I noticed in neon lights... "I would imagine."

Interpretation is not to be creative writing class.

It was called "food/bread of angels!"

It does not say - food, produced, and supplied by angels.

"Man ate the bread of angels; He sent them food in abundance." Psalm 78:25​

grace and peace .............
Well, where did it come from? I don't think the angels are sitting around in heaven. I would imagine some of them are baking the angel bread.

I was actually asking where I might find it said that the devil was an angel who rebelled. I still can’t find it anywhere.

But as far as Ezekiel 28:

Eze 28:1 - The word of the LORD came to me again, saying,
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:2 - “Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD:
“Because your heart is lifted up,
And you say, ‘I am a god,
I sit in the seat of gods,
In the midst of the seas,’
Yet you are a man, and not a god,
Though you set your heart as the heart of a god

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:3 - (Behold, you are wiser than Daniel!
There is no secret that can be hidden from you!
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:4 - With your wisdom and your understanding
You have gained riches for yourself,
And gathered gold and silver into your treasuries;

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:5 - By your great wisdom in trade you have increased your riches,
And your heart is lifted up because of your riches),

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:6 - ‘Therefore thus says the Lord GOD:
“Because you have set your heart as the heart of a god,
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:7 - Behold, therefore, I will bring strangers against you,
The most terrible of the nations;
And they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom,
And defile your splendor.

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:8 - They shall throw you down into the Pit,
And you shall die the death of the slain
In the midst of the seas.

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:9 - “Will you still say before him who slays you,
‘I am a god’?
But you shall be a man, and not a god,
In the hand of him who slays you.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:10 - You shall die the death of the uncircumcised
By the hand of aliens;

For I have spoken,” says the Lord GOD.’ ”

How can anyone claim this is speaking of an angel who rebelled in heaven.

Eze 28:11 - Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:12 - “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD:
“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:13 - You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:14 - “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:15 - You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.
Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:16 - “By the abundance of your trading
You became filled with violence within,
And you sinned;
Therefore I cast you as a profane thing
Out of the mountain of God;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the fiery stones.

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:17 - “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:18 - “You defiled your sanctuaries
By the multitude of your iniquities,
By the iniquity of your trading;
Therefore I brought fire from your midst;
It devoured you,
And I turned you to ashes upon the earth
In the sight of all who saw you.

Unchecked Copy Box
Eze 28:19 - All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;
You have become a horror,
And shall be no more forever.” ’ ”

This is obvious prophecy. It’s foretelling of the fall of a king. A king who has been designated by God for a purpose.
It’s a king who imagines himself to be God and who has accumulated much wealth for himself through trade. But he is a man and not God.
He will die the death of the uncircumcised suggesting he is a Jewish king in Israel.
I believe this prophecy is to take place when God’s judgments are brought upon His people and the nations.
This king sounds very much like the man of sin Paul spoke of. And also of the Antichrist.
The place of his rule will be in Jerusalem where God is about to bring His own kingdom to be the garden of God.
And the ones spoken of who this king is among( fiery stones) sound like the holy angels who are working behind the scenes to bring this king down. Because it is God who cuts this evil man down when His judgments are upon the earth.
I believe this man is described as the red dragon of Revelation. As well as the man of sin Paul describes. And he sounds much like the little horn of Daniel 7.
This one line is interesting...."And I destroyed you, O covering cherub," was the human prince of Tyre a cherub?

The account presents a "type".

That’s why I spent the last 25 years studying what He said.
I don’t recommend it to people who have other interest.
So the mistakes you make are not because you are new to this....

I see.

God’s law makes man a sinner. Argue with that.
God's law makes man become aware that he is a sinner. It does not make him a sinner.....

God's law makes man become aware that he is a sinner. It does not make him a sinner.....
Sin is born of covetousness. Thou shall not covet.
Eve coveted before she took.
Thou shall not covet
Thou shall not desire it.
To desire it breaks the command.

You pretty much did. But that's OK.
Do you really think I was saying satan wasn’t evil after I commented he was kicked out of heaven? Or are you being antagonist because I didn’t agree with you? Is this what you do when someone disagrees with you - twist what they say? If you were able to present sound doctrine using discernment, you would not become offended and use manipulation to quell your emotions.

They would have to be pretty stupid angels to do it again after seeing what their fellows angels did and what happened to them.

Not when they became over driven with their own lust...
That could only happen if they in their hearts had already resented the Lord, and possibly resented how he treated the angels that followed Lucifer. For there had been strong bonds amongst angels.

Keep in mind... when the angels chose between Lucifer and the Lord? Two thirds when with the Lord. One third went with Lucifer.
There will always be some in life that are herd bound and make their choices not based upon what is right, but based solely upon majority opinion.

What we saw take place in Genesis 6 were angels who originally did not choose for Lucifer, but only stayed with the Lord because of seeing the larger number staying with the Lord. That was a wrong reason for staying with the Lord.... For the love for the Lord itself should be the only true standard to know who are His own.

And, that was why its those angels who were herd bound that God weeded out, as seen in Genesis 6.
It was a process that took time as they weakened and gave into their lust because of not really having a true love for the Lord.
The ones who fell later fell just like criminals who commit crimes after other criminals get locked up... The problem was their
wrong attitude towards the Lord, which opened them up causing their painful lusts and desires that walking outside of God's grace could not contain.

Getting sleepy at this point...

grace and peace!

This one line is interesting...."And I destroyed you, O covering cherub," was the human prince of Tyre a cherub?

The account presents a "type".
“Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”

Anointed by God for a purpose. God has set him for a specific purpose. Of which I believe is to execute God’s judgment on His people
This has nothing to do with an angel rebelling against God before man was created.
It is prophecy.

Sin is born of covetousness. Thou shall not covet.
Eve coveted before she took.
Thou shall not covet
Thou shall not desire it.
To desire it breaks the command.

The only command was to not eat.
They could have played catch with the fruit.
But, eat it? That was what was forbidden.

She was allowed to admire the beauty and fragrance of the fruit.... Just not to eat it.
Its like I can admire the looks and design of an automobile. Even think about owning one.
That would not be sin.

But? Wanting to steal the car?
That would be a mental sin.
Stealing it would be overt sin...

“Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”

Anointed by God for a purpose. God has set him for a specific purpose. Of which I believe is to execute God’s judgment on His people
This has nothing to do with an angel rebelling against God before man was created.

Jesus did not think Peter was Satan. Yet, called Peter, Satan, and described an attribute of Satan as if he were speaking to Satan...

Maybe you'll see after a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been at this way of thinking around stuff for some time now. Its become second nature. Eh?

Jesus did not think Peter was Satan. Yet, called Peter, Satan, and described an attribute of Satan as if he were speaking to Satan...

Maybe you'll see after a while.
You would really love for that anointed one, who God has set him, to be your fallen angel who made Adam sin wouldn’t you?

Keep trying. Let me know when you find a text that says the devil is a fallen Angel.

@GeneZ

And while you’re at it, show me some text that says demons are angels who also fell.

Don't downplay the stupidity of created beings. 🤪
hehe!
Satan witnessed God's power on a personal level and was still stupid enough to rebel.
Israel witnessed God's power on a personal level and was still stupid enough to rebel.

I don't think God ever expected created beings to have anywhere near the wisdom He has.

Job 4:18 KJV
Behold, he [God] put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

Job 15:14-16 ESV
What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous?
Behold, God puts no trust in his holy ones, and the heavens are not pure in his sight;
how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!

Thank you for the confirmation.

In Gen 6 the sons of God were from those same angels. They were believed to be of the Watcher angels mentioned in Daniel 4:13, 17.

Watchers as messengers how beautiful are the feet pf the apostle

No creature called angels

Thank you for the confirmation.

In Gen 6 the sons of God were from those same angels. They were believed to be of the Watcher angels mentioned in Daniel 4:13, 17.

Christ our head calls us watchers or guards that are looking to the fulfillment of prophecy. . . . . and it was God alone good .

Like Noah a watcher who knew not the time day, month, year watched for the fulfilment of the words of his mouth . God providing a escape vehicle .

Jerimiah 1:9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant .Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.
Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.. . . . . .( And it was Christ the husband alone good)

Proverbs 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Back