• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Gen 6...who are the sons of God?

This is a continuation of #150 and # 167

14. The Bible teaches a rule of study called “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2nd Timothy 2:15). Though the Bible may use the same words, God's elders study the context and rightly separate different uses and senses of the same words to avoid shameful doctrine. This is faithful teaching/preaching: declaring the sense regardless of sound (Nehemiah 8:8). Israel must be divided between spiritual and national Israel (Rom 9:6). Temptation must be divided between the lust of sin and the occasion for sin (James 1:13; Genesis 22:1). save/save/salvation has at least five senses in the N.T. etc.

15. The children resulting from the union of the sons of God and the daughters of men were mighty men and men of renown – they were not the giants of Genesis 6:4. There is a clear distinction between these two classes of persons in the antediluvian world by the language and grammar chosen. Here is an elementary and foolish mistake of connection in the very passage under study. The four words, and also after that, found in Genesis 6:4 emphasize clearly by quadruple evidence that two separate classes of men are under consideration.

16. The sons of God in Genesis 6:1-4 are the Jehovah-worshipping descendants of Seth (Genesis 4:25-26), for God saw His children and holy seed distinct from Cain. Two generations after Adam, men began to call upon the name of the LORD, showing their difference from the Cainite world. A few generations later came the prophet Enoch (Genesis 5:21-24; Jude 1:14-15), then the prophet Lamech (Genesis 5:28-31), and then the godly Noah (Genesis 6:8-10). All from the line of Seth.

17. If the argument is raised that Seth’s line did not seem very godly, we answer that they have identified the issue! The key by the words sons of God in Genesis 6 is divine adoption or profession, not physical nature. God ended His striving with His people, just as He finished striving with Israel in the wilderness and dropped all their carcasses there for their iniquity. If a search is made, there was a godly line of men as Seth, Enos, Enoch, Lamech, and Noah.

18. The men and daughters are worldly descendants of Cain and others, for in 6:1-2 they are distinguished from the sons of God and described as mere fleshly reproduction. Referred to merely as men by God’s slight of them ~ for there was nothing noble about them – they were distinct from the sons of God. The worldly men had likely invented polygamy to noticeably multiply, as Lamech had (Genesis 4:19-24), violating the godly purpose of marriage (Mal. 2:15).

19. God’s harsh words and extreme judgment by the Flood in Genesis 6 are fitting for His people marrying pagans, which sin He has always hated. Repeated warnings, severe language, and promised judgment are throughout the Bible (Gen 24:3; 27:46; Ex 34:16; Deut 7:3-4; Josh 23:12-13; Judges 3:4-8; I Kgs 11:1-11; II Chron 18:1; 19:2; Ezra 9:1-2; Neh 13:24-27; Mal 2:11,15; I Cor 7:39; 11:11; II Cor 6:14-16; Jas 4:4). The judgment of this sin by a universal flood is not too severe for the crime, if God’s holiness and jealousy are rightly grasped. It always produce more pagans, a departure from the True God and his worship.

20. The sin included seeing and taking beautiful women. There is no reason to think angels desire sexual intercourse with a woman any more than picking a female nose. Angels are spirits without sexual orientation, so sex is irrelevant (Luke 20:34-36). Angels are greater in power and might then men (2nd Peter 2:11), let alone women, so they would hardly be attracted to them. When the Bible speaks of angels desiring to look into human things, it is about the eternal salvation of men, not the pleasure of human sex (Ist Peter 1:12; Hebrews 2:14-17; Ephesians 3:10).

21. The sin included legitimate marriage resulting in husbands and wives, not merely fornication, adultery, rape, or whoredom. The sinning males took wives (Gen 6:2). Why would angels go through courtship, dating, dowries, and ceremonies to impregnate human females, if their purpose was a satanic conspiracy, mongrel creation, or some other imagined purpose? Why would the fathers of those daughters not inquire at all as to the families of these men? The sin here is the sin of Balaam, the righteous marrying pagans (Numbers 25:1-3; 31:16; Revelation 2:14).

22. The sin included as a result the procreation of children. But angels are spirits without sexual orientation or apparatus, so reproduction is impossible. Angels do not reproduce. Humans cannot reproduce with angels. The ludicrous idea of angel-human reproduction contradicts everything the Bible teaches about angels, men, women, conception, reproduction, etc.

Later.....

Let us go to the end time forum and discuss this, other than on this thread. You pick the subject, then I will come~ Or, Mr. Carbon can for us.
Or we both can.

Great~let's go. you lead the way brother.
Later when I’m home from work I may start a thread. Until then, I’ll keep a look out and hopefully be able to reply now and then.

I love you, my sister in Christ, but scripture doesn't tell us that Cain nor any of Cain's descendants (or anyone else's descendants) were worshipping other gods when the flood came.
And Cain didn't have any descendants after the flood.
It was at the Tower of Babel that mankind was divided into nations, and there were no descendants of Cain then because that was after the flood.
And again, bloodline didn't matter because all were descendants of Shem after the flood and people could still chose to follow God or not.
It was one's heart, not bloodline, that their choice was based upon.
There is the possibility that one of the brothers married a descendent of Cain.....or even had Nephilim blood in her.

Very briefly let me say this:

First~Jesus shall return just as he left per Acts one;
Yup...and Jesus didn't leave on a white or or symbolocally in the same method He returns in Rev.
so, this tells me that the highly symbolical language of the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ must be consider and interpreted in light of many other clear statements from the Apostles' writings recorded for us in the NT. Besides, we all do not know exactly how he shall appear in that day, when the entire world shall see him, without an exception, and a horse would be impossible to see even a mile away, much less thousands of miles~but, I will leave this in God's hands to do just as he has said, if riding an horse, so be it~but, if the horse speaks of a triumphant entry, so be this also..... victory is sure and all powers of man combined can't stop this sure victory that will take place by Christ and his chosen people. So, this part we have not yet experience though we shall, yet exactly how this will take place is yet to be known perfectly, though for sure it will take place just as he promised that every eye shall see him with his great army coming with him which we be all of his saints.
With todays technology all one will have to do is turn on their TV, social media, etc. and view the rapture.
Secondly~There is only one more coming of Jesus Christ, this truth the word of God makes very clear. The rapture of the church and the resurrection are one and the same event that will happened on the last day, at the last trump.
Yes, the rapture and the resurrection are one event....Jesus riding on the white hore then standing on and splitting the Mt. of Olives is a second event that happens 7 years later.
This is Jesus revealing his teachings on the resurrection of his people which according to him, shall occur on the last day, and last means exactly what the word is means~no more after this day!
The last day of this biblical era? At one time there was the last day before the flood of Noah.
I could give many more scriptures and could spend many posts addressing this truth, but it needs its own thread, not here.
I'm sure you could.

I love you, my sister in Christ, but scripture doesn't tell us that Cain nor any of Cain's descendants (or anyone else's descendants) were worshipping other gods when the flood came.
It is a very long and involved, even complicated history. I admit that the Bible doesn't say they worshiped other gods, so I will just show you where I get the idea. And for me to say directly that they worshiped other gods was out of line, but in any case they were not worshiping God. And Cain never was as we see in the account of the offerings of Cain and Abel. Abel offered the firstfruits to God----the portion that belongs to God as the lesser honoring the greater (and as God being the provider.) We must assume as an argument from silence, that this was understood in that first generation of Adam, who had actually walked and talked with God, before it was ever codified in the Law.

Scripture does not say that Cain offered the first fruits, of his crops, just that he brought something as an offering. What we have here is the very same thing that continues through the rest of the Bible. A contrast between faith and no faith. Works because of faith and the same works without faith. This is a whole other subject that needs its own discussion and clarification and support, but for the moment let it suffice to clarify the position I am coming from.

In Gen 4:10-12 we have this: And the Lord said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to me from the ground. And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened it mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. When you work the ground, it shall no longer yield to you its strength. You shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth. Verse 14a. "Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden. Verse 16. Then VCain went away from the presence of the Lord and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

This is followed by the generations of Cain. Keep in mind that all of this takes place over hundreds of years. We can see in our own lives, that one day away from any contemplation of God, neglect of prayer and food from His word, dilutes our faith by our mind and heart being focused on other things. It is no problem to regain that strength, for it is not taken away from us but we simply temporarily lose sight of it. And this too is the grace and graciousness of God. It is also why Moses speaking for God so stressed the importance of the Israelites binding His words to themselves and to their children. That old saying of Paul that a man looks in a mirror and when he turns away quickly forgets what he has seen.

In the last verses of Chapter 4, the subject returns to Adam and the birth of Seth. But in the account of Cain, we see God scattering people, and nations or what would be nations, (groups of people). Babel was not the first time. That is when language was confused. And of course God has a purpose in this, all connected with redemption, but that too is a different topic.

In chapter 5, we have the generations of Seth leading to Noah. Again, a time span of hundreds of years. That Scripture gives us the details of these two lines from Adam--- Cain and Seth are significant. And the significance is not blood or genetics, but redemption. The significance is the Redeemer. It is through Seth, not Cain, that the Seed comes. Redemption is through faith (Seth). It is not the line of Cain in and of itself. It is Cain representing those who do not have faith in God. It is not the line of Seth in and of itself. It is the Seed that Seth carries. That of the Redeemer who brings salvation unto eternal life, who brings the reconciliation of sinful man to the Holy God. And in so doing, defeats and destroys sin and death, and ultimately restores His entire creation, making it new in Christ.

I will deal with the rest of your post in a separate post. Sorry for the length of this one. I knew of no way to shorten it. :)

Yup - Humans that were the result of angelic fertilization, providing the impetus for the cleansing flood.
That's one private interpretation personal commentary I would offer what I believe today .

Our God has assigned meaning to each and every word . Christ is not the god of confusion .

The English word for the Greek word "angelos" is "messenger " apostle .

The English word for the Hebrew word "malak", is the same "messenger"apostle .How beautiful are the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel of peace . . wings of the wind. 👼 The Breath of God

Simply a violation of the loving warning. . not to add new meaning or take away from the understanding of one word. (apostle) . It can change the authority of the whole.

God protecting the integrity of his living word from spiritual plagiarism oral traditons of dying mankind. .

We are to have no gods before him not the 3,507 and rising patron saints gods.

Deuteronomy 4: 2 Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(singular) that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.

Ange sounds same completely different understanding, a fake word needed to develop the idea of patrons saints disembodied workers with familiar spirits his and hers gods

Christ our husband alone working in us to both reveal his will and empower dying mankind to do it to His good pleasure (Philip 2:12-13

He needs no help from the peanut galley :devilish:

Pray one manner. . our father in heaven. Not a legion of his and hers gods not seen .

Hey everybody?

Back to the landing strip? ....

Who were the Sons of God in Genesis 6?

If they were angels?
Why was it possible.

No man was called a son of God until the new creation manifested in the Church age.
Can we agree to that much?

1 John 3:1-2

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.
But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Its simple. Though it may seem complex.

grace and peace ................

I would ask. .

Then who was Cain worshipping (doing the will of) if not the father lies a murderer from that very beginning.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of i

This is a continuation of #150 and # 167

14. The Bible teaches a rule of study called “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2nd Timothy 2:15). Though the Bible may use the same words, God's elders study the context and rightly separate different uses and senses of the same words to avoid shameful doctrine. This is faithful teaching/preaching: declaring the sense regardless of sound (Nehemiah 8:8). Israel must be divided between spiritual and national Israel (Rom 9:6). Temptation must be divided between the lust of sin and the occasion for sin (James 1:13; Genesis 22:1). save/save/salvation has at least five senses in the N.T. etc.

15. The children resulting from the union of the sons of God and the daughters of men were mighty men and men of renown – they were not the giants of Genesis 6:4. There is a clear distinction between these two classes of persons in the antediluvian world by the language and grammar chosen. Here is an elementary and foolish mistake of connection in the very passage under study. The four words, and also after that, found in Genesis 6:4 emphasize clearly by quadruple evidence that two separate classes of men are under consideration.

16. The sons of God in Genesis 6:1-4 are the Jehovah-worshipping descendants of Seth (Genesis 4:25-26), for God saw His children and holy seed distinct from Cain. Two generations after Adam, men began to call upon the name of the LORD, showing their difference from the Cainite world. A few generations later came the prophet Enoch (Genesis 5:21-24; Jude 1:14-15), then the prophet Lamech (Genesis 5:28-31), and then the godly Noah (Genesis 6:8-10). All from the line of Seth.

17. If the argument is raised that Seth’s line did not seem very godly, we answer that they have identified the issue! The key by the words sons of God in Genesis 6 is divine adoption or profession, not physical nature. God ended His striving with His people, just as He finished striving with Israel in the wilderness and dropped all their carcasses there for their iniquity. If a search is made, there was a godly line of men as Seth, Enos, Enoch, Lamech, and Noah.

18. The men and daughters are worldly descendants of Cain and others, for in 6:1-2 they are distinguished from the sons of God and described as mere fleshly reproduction. Referred to merely as men by God’s slight of them ~ for there was nothing noble about them – they were distinct from the sons of God. The worldly men had likely invented polygamy to noticeably multiply, as Lamech had (Genesis 4:19-24), violating the godly purpose of marriage (Mal. 2:15).

19. God’s harsh words and extreme judgment by the Flood in Genesis 6 are fitting for His people marrying pagans, which sin He has always hated. Repeated warnings, severe language, and promised judgment are throughout the Bible (Gen 24:3; 27:46; Ex 34:16; Deut 7:3-4; Josh 23:12-13; Judges 3:4-8; I Kgs 11:1-11; II Chron 18:1; 19:2; Ezra 9:1-2; Neh 13:24-27; Mal 2:11,15; I Cor 7:39; 11:11; II Cor 6:14-16; Jas 4:4). The judgment of this sin by a universal flood is not too severe for the crime, if God’s holiness and jealousy are rightly grasped. It always produce more pagans, a departure from the True God and his worship.

20. The sin included seeing and taking beautiful women. There is no reason to think angels desire sexual intercourse with a woman any more than picking a female nose. Angels are spirits without sexual orientation, so sex is irrelevant (Luke 20:34-36). Angels are greater in power and might then men (2nd Peter 2:11), let alone women, so they would hardly be attracted to them. When the Bible speaks of angels desiring to look into human things, it is about the eternal salvation of men, not the pleasure of human sex (Ist Peter 1:12; Hebrews 2:14-17; Ephesians 3:10).

21. The sin included legitimate marriage resulting in husbands and wives, not merely fornication, adultery, rape, or whoredom. The sinning males took wives (Gen 6:2). Why would angels go through courtship, dating, dowries, and ceremonies to impregnate human females, if their purpose was a satanic conspiracy, mongrel creation, or some other imagined purpose? Why would the fathers of those daughters not inquire at all as to the families of these men? The sin here is the sin of Balaam, the righteous marrying pagans (Numbers 25:1-3; 31:16; Revelation 2:14).

22. The sin included as a result the procreation of children. But angels are spirits without sexual orientation or apparatus, so reproduction is impossible. Angels do not reproduce. Humans cannot reproduce with angels. The ludicrous idea of angel-human reproduction contradicts everything the Bible teaches about angels, men, women, conception, reproduction, etc.

Later.....
It seems to me the simple answer is 'after their own kind'.

Adam rejected God's authority too, so we cannot say that a man did not teach any of his people about YHWH just because he once rejected His authority.
No and that is not what I am doing. Seth was born of/in Adam as was Cain and as we all are. All sin. Sin and that mankind are now sinful creatures, is the problem that now had to be dealt with in order for their to be reconciliation between man and a holy God. And that is the problem that Christ did deal with once and for all. Until then all men remained sinners and all of mankind sinned. Between the fall and the coming and crucifixion of Jesus is the historical account of this redemption. All of it is connected to redemption through Jesus. The seed of the Redeemer was in Seth and then Noah etc. but so was sin. The flood did not kill sin and therefore it did not kill death. That was yet to come. After the flood, Noah sinned and his sons sinned. Hopefully post #229 helped to clear up where I am coming from.

But take note of what Lamech, the father of Noah (the generations of Seth and not the Lamech of Cain). Gen 5:28-29 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he fathered a son and called his name Noah, saying "Out of the ground that the Lord has cursed, this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands. The Seed.
Noah followed God's instruction oh his own, and his sons could do the same or not.
Following God's instruction had nothing to do with a certain ancestry.
Each man could make his own choice to do that.
Noah followed God's instruction because he had faith in God----same as Abel, same as Abraham, same as David, same as Jesus in His incarnation. You are right that it had nothing to do with a certain ancestry. It had to do with God's purpose and plan to bring forth the Redeemer. God chose who would be the one who carried the seed of the woman who would crush the serpents head, and He preserved it faithfully. What we see, as it has now been given to us in the genealogies in the pages of God's word, is who was that Seed bearer, all the way through to Mary and Joseph.

Not all of Seth's or Noah's descendants had faith in God, that is obvious in Gen 6 and the account of the flood and after the flood. In the building of the arc which took a hundred years if we go by Noah's age when he was given the command and when he entered the arc, we see the lack of faith in the ridicule. And we are told that the evil intentions of man's heart had become so great and so vile, that they needed to be wiped out. That is a people with no faith in God whatsoever. He was dismissed.

What is completely missing in Gen chapters one through five, is any mention of fallen angels doing anything on earth, let alone with human women, beyond the serpents temptation in the Garden of Eden. We are told of things during a time span of hundreds of years before we get to Gen 6, and not one of those things is fallen angels cohabiting with human women. There is no reason to take sons of God or Nephilim, to mean a hybrid being, the offspring of angel/human joining. It would be a complete break from all that had been given before, and there is nothing in the Scriptures that follows that pattern of what amounts to an afterthought, mentions it in one phrase or word, and then departs from it again.

God has sons, a designation of those who belong to Him, and a distinction from those who do not belong to Him. And He knows the end from the beginning. Those who belong to Him belong to Him through faith and covenant relationship. (Not all Israel had faith but they were His in a covenant relationship.) Now that the Son has come and purchased a people for God we attain to adoption through faith in the person and work of the Seed of the woman who crushed the serpents head. As Jesus says, "I will lose none of those the Father has given me."

So sons of God in Gen 6 likely has an eschatological aspect, Jesus being the Redeemer to come. And the daughters of men is likely related to the seed of the woman, I would need to think about that a bit to break it down. In any case it is a distinction between those with faith and those with no faith mingling.

In the NT we see it here:

1 Cor 6:15-20 and 1 Cor 15:33 "Bad company ruins good morals."

I believe it does speak of this in Deuteronomy 32:16-17 when it is giving the list of the people of Israel's past sins.

"They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to NEW gods THAT NEWLY CAME UP, whom your fathers feared not." This refers to angels falling on a case-by-base basis over time in Israel's past history since the past days of Israel's patriarchal fathers, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph.
First of all, the Scriptures do not say any angels sinned by appearing on earth to be worshipped. And,there is no Scripture about angels sinning after not being spared with the old world.

Secondly, Deut 32 is about the children of Israel worshipping idols of gold in the wilderness, not angels appearing at Sinai, nor in the wilderness.

Exo 32:1And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Deu 10:16Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Rom 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened...And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

They were worshipping idols of other gods, not angels appearing to be worshipped before them.

For an originally-righteous angel to eventually fall to the temptation to accept human worship -
Nowhere does Scripture say angels recieved worship from man on earth, other than the god of this world being served by all sinners.

this was another sin which angels could commit which resulted in their becoming devils instead.
Mat 25:41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Scripture does not say the devil and his devils. Nowhere does Scripture say the fallen angels are the devils and unclean spirits on earth, that inhabit some sinners and even proclaimed their knowledge of Jesus as the Son of the most High.

Rev 12 reveals a third of all angels were drawn after Lucifer, and they were all drawn down at once to earth by Satan. Not one or two at a time over the ages.

Evil angels were still desiring to have the upper hand over humankind by this means back in the days of Israel's bondage in Egypt and in their wilderness wanderings.

Psa 78:49He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

The problem is here is imputing God with temptation to sin and false worship, by sending angels to be worshipped by man on earth.

Jas 1:13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

He sent His evil angels with His wrath, not fallen angels to be evilly worshipped unto more wrath.

As with fiery serpents, they were His messengers of judgment for the evil, not for the good. No evil is good, but the righteous Judge and messengers of evil tidings are justified.

Eze 33:11Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

That is one reason why Paul warned the believers in those first-century days not to fall into the error of a "voluntary humility and worshipping of angels" (Colossians 2:18).
Well done. This is the only Scripture with the appearance of angels appearing on earth to be worshipped by men as false gods.

However, since no Scripture confirms the angels that sinned came earth for worship, but in the manner of fornication with stange flesh, then any men worshipping angels is of their own vain imagination alone.

The contexct of voluntary humility shows a wilfulness only on man's part to worship angels, rather alongside or instead of the Lord. Afterall, faithful children of Israel were tempted to worship the angels of the Lord, even including the apostle John.

Rev 1:1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 22:8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

No Scripture anywhere suggests any angels were allowed by the Lord to come to earth to be worshipped of men. The gods and demigods of the nations were only myth, without any foundation of angels come down from heaven to be worshipped by men on earth.

There was a re-emergence of the same problem of a race of giants which had grown up in the land of Canaan in Joshua's days. That only illustrated that the ancient Genesis 6 problem of angels choosing to interject themselves into mankind's affairs to corrupt them by producing hybrid angelic / human sons that grew into giants as a result was still an ongoing issue at that time of Israel entering the promised land.
It is not conclusive that the giants were born of angels and women on earth. We only know that a third of the angels were sent to earth by Lucifer and sinned in a manner akin to fornicating with strange flesh, including homosexuality.

In any case, there is no Scripture showing any angels allowed by the Lord to come to earth in rebellion, to be worshipped by men on earth.

And they were all sent together at one time, and they were all cast into hell at one time with the flooding of the old world.

First of all, the Scriptures do not say any angels sinned by appearing on earth to be worshipped. And,there is no Scripture about angels sinning after not being spared with the old world.
Never would happen! Ridiculous!

Imagine that?
Fallen angels desiring the worship of men?
Ridiculous....

:rolleyes: .............?

And, what about this faker?
The audacity of him to be making us believe its true?

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him
all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,”
he said, if you will bow down and worship me.” Matthew 4:8-9​

You're so sharp, Ghada!

So perceptive!

Its amazing!

"But it says men!" "I know the difference!"
And the word for men isn't the word for sons. And there is also a difference between being sons and appearing as men.

If Scripture were to identify the sons of God as angels later in Gen 6, or referring to Gen 6 when calling angels sons of God, then it would be angels of God choosing dauthers of men.

However, their renowned offspring still would not be the giants, which were in the earth beforehand.

In either case, switching the word angels for the word sons in Gen 6 is changing words of God. The point remains the same. Why do something so obvious that any layman can look up the Hebrew word and see the difference?

Are you denying you replace the word for sons in Gen 6 with that of angels? Do you call it interpretive license? I call it changing Scripture in order to insert one's own personal interpretation into Scripture.

2Pe 1:20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

And the word for men isn't the word for sons. And there is also a difference between being sons and appearing as men.

Have you read Genesis 18?
In plain English?

If you have?
You are terrible at what is called "deduction."

Genesis 18...

What appear to be men appear to Abraham as he was sitting in front of his tent.
We later learn in chapter 18, what?
That what first appeared as being men?

One turned out to be the Lord (who stayed behind talking with Abraham)...
And the other two?
They turned out to be the two angels who went to Lot's house to deliver his family from the destruction of Sodom.

What are you here trying to prove?
That you want to keep trying to throw wrenches into the gears by means of your own feigned confusion?????

:) .............. You can not stop the Lord's plan.

You can only expose yourself for what you shall reap.
There will be no excuses when you find out its all real,
and that God will end all your game playing with finality.

That's why God's judgment is JUST!
All BS will become extinct in the next phase.

:unsure:You want a lunch basket?

Back