• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Believers Baptism

Limbus Infantum was for infants and children who were not baptized. They have to wander for eternity there, though they love God (as taught) they can never be with him. There is no end to this place.

Purgatory is different, one must be purged of their sins in the flames of purgatory, and then finally, they can enter heaven.

See the difference?
Limbo had the same requirement. . suffer wonder, suffer wonder.? They just don't call them minors anymore did away with age discriminations

Huh? We are saved by grace don, through faith. So, of course, faith is involved.
No i mean eph does not refer to us or our faith

The grace of Justification is by faith and baptism mk 16:16

We still have free will

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Heb 7:25.

You see, it comes down to exactly what baptism means. What does it achieve?
I believe it represents the church in the Covenant of Grace, the NT. Just as circumcision was in the OT.
Paul does equate circumcision with baptism, but only done through Christ.

Colossians 2 ESV​
(11) In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,​
(12) having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.​

So it seems logical that whatever that type of circumcision accomplished is also accomplished by that type of baptism.
Interesting that circumcision was done to infants when they were born into a community of covenant people.

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Heb 7:25.
If we choose to be faithful to the end

Yes faith and baptism are the initiation into the new covenant

Jn 3:5 cannot enter
2 peter 1:11 shall be ministered unto you

Noah sealed in ark by God and we are sealed by baptism in the ark of eternal salvation 1 pet 3:20-21
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30

If we choose to be faithful to the end
Limbo end ?

Christ our confidence as a work of his labor of love. Yoked with him, he propmised to faithful to teach us until we take our last breath .

Open book(sola scriptura) test.

We are to put zero confidence in the things of dying flesh and blood (Peter).

Peter our brother in the Lord leaned the hard way our father took him out to the woodshed. . a slow learner like myself. I would of chose John instead of being jealous like Peter .

Philippians 1:6CEV God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.

Who is your confidence today? What would Jesus the Son of man say? Not, as I will Father?

Yes faith and baptism are the initiation into the new covenant

Jn 3:5 cannot enter
2 peter 1:11 shall be ministered unto you

Noah sealed in ark by God and we are sealed by baptism in the ark of eternal salvation 1 pet 3:20-21
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30

Faith as it is written is the power of the unseen eternal things of Christ . The doctrines that fall like rain, dew, small rain ,showers bringing born again growth. They represent the water of the word that can make our hearts soft ,

Deuteronomy 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

H20 is used to represent the the power of the unseen water of word. . . inspired from above

It was used in ceremonial laws, a sign to the unbelieving world. Not a sign to those who performed the ceremony, a shadow of the coming of the Son on man Jesus . It was on voluntary bases .

Aarons two sons volunteered. They refused to do the will of God and added thier own little personal "false pride" touch (I did it it proves I am a child of God) . Called "strange fire "in regard to anything that adds or takes away from the living water of His word . .False pride consumed them not a hint of smoke one the priestly attire.

That baptism of the unseen Holy Spirt was represented by H20 it was passed to the new kingdom of priest the way we see today (No strange smoke and fire) God who is not served with the dying hands of mankind does not share his glory with them .Its his power working in believers. They have the treasure of His power which is never of us dying mankind .

There are a couple of good examples showing the water of world in action .

Our teacher is Christ! Heb 1:1-2 and this extends to His apostolic church matt 5:14 1 tim 3:15
And so ...in practice, Scripture is subject to your and your magisterium's subjective experience.

And so ...in practice, Scripture is subject to your and your magisterium's subjective experience.
Did Christ command his church to teach all men? If so they must have authority

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Does this mean baptism?

Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Is it really His body and blood?

Matt 16:16-18
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter’s person or peter’s confession of faith?

While your at it from scripture alone i would like to know the 2nd commandment

Thks

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Does this mean baptism?

Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Is it really His body and blood?

Matt 16:16-18
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter’s person or peter’s confession of faith?

While your at it from scripture alone i would like to know the 2nd commandment

Thks
Of whom are you asking this?

Back